Page 57 of 69 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Thread: Shibuya

Nothing was strange about the current discussion at all. It wasn't out of the ordinary that they were sitting there, genitals on full display and the smell of sex in the air, casually discussing petty crime. Kimiko allegedly didn't know Yugi had the sort of deviance to suggest this type of theft, but it wasn't like he was some sort of upstanding citizen in any regard. "What? It's not like it'll do anyone any real harm if a reel goes missing. If they're smart, they'll write a missing reel off as something that happened during unexplained technical problems. Nobody will get in trouble," he explained while finally regaining enough feeling in his legs to stand.

As they spoke, Yugi was already working toward pulling the reel from its projector. In doing so, he was halted by only one thing: the notice that visiting the AV club was unnecessary because... Kimiko had a theater-grade projector in a 'movie room' within her house. Why did he expect any less? Casually as she mentioned it, he could do naught but sigh. "You know, it's never going to be expected that someone has a movie theater in their house. It's not exactly normal, though it'll definitely come in handy for this. Any other ridiculous things I should know about?"

Yugi after her teasing commentary, came with a very logical explanation for why taking the reel from this place was technically a victimless crime. He was right of course, businesses wrote off such things as missing merchandise as expenses most of the time. Without any proof of it leaving in an employee's hands no one could be blamed and since they would be sending someone in to fix or replace the projector later it would likely be thought of as missing in transit. Still, it was an interesting thing to hear from someone who wasn't into business, as he so often liked to say. "All of those things are true. It doesn't make it any less surprising that you would say them though~" she said with a cheeky smirk. Finally the lass would pull herself up off the floor and begin the light process of stretching. Well, maybe deviant behaviors ran together more often than they separated.

Regardless the lad with her was now removing the film reel from the projector while showing apparent surprise at her 'movie room' revelation. He claimed that it wasn't really normal for people to have theater quality projectors and rooms for them within their houses. Kimiko knew she lived a bit outlandishly, but that didn't seem too strange to her. He made that statement and she had to give valid consideration to anything else the lad with her might find surprising. She'd give a casual shrug. "Hm, honestly, I have no idea what counts or does not count as being ridiculous," she said giving it a real amount of consideration. "If I like something or want constant access to it, I purchase it. If I think I will have use for it as a thing I also find out how to use it myself. I feel like that is a pretty normal way to go about things..." she said. Her current lifestyle was a combination of things. A matter of her own greed and strangely her diligence. She liked to know how to do things she enjoyed and liked to have access to anything she liked using. So, aside from a few things which would have required literal years of learned knowledge she had many things in her possession which could be called ridiculous that weren't anything other than normal to her.

"Hm. I guess that's fair. Well, no point in just saying it, right?" If it wasn't obvious that Yugi's question was of a rhetorical nature, proof came in the form of the film reel's removal and winding. This theater didn't need an inactive one, after all. Well... maybe it did for the sake of bringing in even more money from this high-grossing film, but that was about as unnecessary as... a person with a theater in their house. Such a ludicrous notion wouldn't leave Yugi's mind even as Kimiko admitted to being clueless as to what counted as ridiculous.

What did count? Probably most of the things one would find at the Ashikaga estate. These types of things were so unheard of, Yugi experienced difficulty even trying to think of another thing for the list. "For starters, home theater was never meant to be an actual theater inside the home. Anyone who isn't loaded would call that excessive. You know normal people don't have access to whatever they see and want, right? That type of setup is a pipe dream for... probably 99% of the population. Hell, there are loads of people who hope to just get a decent meal sometime in the next week─" The lad cleared his throat upon realizing he was starting to ramble. That path was never good; he'd eventually just start complaining about everything under the sun if it kept up. Instead, he decided it was time to hand off the reel recently taken. "Anyway, I take it you've got room in your special box for this~"

Yugi's most recent sentence sounded a bit rhetorical and it was, though that wouldn't stop her from answering. "Hai hai~" she chimed. The lad showed the active side of his philosophy most recently taken by winding up the film reel and removing it from the spot to take it into his control. Ah, but there were more important things to discuss. Kimiko had mentioned she had no idea what counted as normal. Her own life was pretty reasonably sheltered as far as material goods were concerned. And since she'd been making her own money and investments since childhood, she never truly denied herself anything she wanted and worked for.

It was surprising to her to find out that such a thing as a home theater wasn't exactly normal. But according to the lad, it was the 'realness' of the theater part that made it 'ridiculous'. Such a thing was apparently a pipedream to normal people. Did people really not invest in things they liked? Apparently not when food or other such things were primary concerns. Kimiko was quite certain that she understood that budgeting and monetary limitations were important in some aspects of life, but expendable income was supposed to be for luxuries one wanted. The idea that no real money was left to people who worked regularly was probably criminal. But she understood that already as the person who fixed and tore apart businesses that weren't operating both efficiently and ethically. She had access to more of them than the average person, but surely more than a single percentage of people were able to build up things they liked and wanted within the confines of their own means. "Well, I'm not completely obtuse... I do get that certain things are beyond regular sense luxury items. But like a reel film projector is about the same price as a game console... unless you want something vintage it isn't completely outlandish as a purchase," she said, though the implications of his statements were that most people didn't have 'expendable' incomes. Still the money that went into outfitting her movie room wasn't super high, nor was the cost of the actual films really. Ah, and he'd cut himself off, he was going on a tangent, she could tell, not that she minded. She should make sure to tell him so while taking the movie from him. "Hm... I actually hadn't thought about trying to do that at all... I might develop bad habits~" she said, opening a small portal which would allow her to store that film reel within her treasury. "And... you could have kept going you know. You always have interesting things to say, and it's not a perspective I really get to hear very often~" the Kimiko mentioned. She realized her own nature as far beyond the means of normal people so she appreciated his more humanizing influence. She pecked him on the cheek hopping up on her tip toes soon after. "So, are we locked in here? Or will we be able to just walk out?" the lass wondered aloud.

The price of a projector was indeed similar to that of a gaming console, if it even reached such a price at all. Alas, that meant nothing to the bulk of the population. More things went into these matters than simple expendable income; one could even have the funds with no means of making a projector useful. "The average person is better off buying the console then, aren't they? Given the dumb prices of food and everything else under the damn sun, it'd be a bad idea for most people to even think about getting both in the same year," he spoke further. Kimiko said he could have kept going with his rant, but in all honesty, even Yugi couldn't keep himself from prattling on for very long. At times, a single word was enough to rekindle the flame of fury, sending that inferno on a one-way trip toward whatever topic he was on at the time. Now, of course, was such a time.

"Besides, who's really got space for a projector anyway? Spend 50,000 yen for a projector that's still considered cheap, and will likely break right after its warrantee expires by the way, and then what? Blow more money on a screen to project on, only to not have anywhere in a normal house that can fit the thing? It's a wasted purchase for most people regardless," he said while handing off the reel. Once their stolen movie was stored within Kimiko's treasury, a question was presented regarding their status in this room. Indeed, they were locked inside. Yugi slipped into his breeches and checked the door, confirming that it was indeed locked. "Definitely locked in. We could still just walk out, though. Have you made any doors in this world yet?"

A new opinion was on the horizon. Apparently, given the pricing of a console or a reel projector, it was according to Yugi more useful to buy the console. The average person wouldn't be able to afford both of those things in a year and thus the console would be the better purchase. There was also apparently spacing constrains to be concerned with when getting a projector and a whole host of other problems. Kimiko could see this, but given the market rates of the item they were being purchased. "Hm, a console is only a more worthwhile purchase for those into gaming and general entertainment or those with friends. For instance those in the AV club who like to shoot their own films and process them would definitely enjoy the projector more, even if it was cheaper..." she said thoughtfully. "Though I will give, most stuff does break right after the warrantee expires... there are very few exceptions to that sort of thing," she confirmed that even in her own experiences such a thing was the case. "As for the space constraints, given they come with the ability to change the focus size of the screen that isn't so much a problem. Any random movie buff with a small tv might find one useful. You can always project directly onto a clear wall, which such a person is pretty much bound to have with any normal sized space," she countered that last point just because it was the way she considered things. Of course, her own movie room was huge, but that was a matter of all rooms in her house being that way. Still, given they could make movie projectors work in classrooms it was definitely reasonable to use one in a normal sized room.

Still it was just two worlds clashing just a tad. Kimiko could see the lad, get riled up over a topic and begin talking about it with great enthusiam. She often kept him talking because she enjoyed just that aspect of him, even if he was sending scathing fury at any given topic. Moreover there was the claim that the pair was locked into the space and Yugi asked if she'd created any doors with her magical key yet. Well, a bit of devious light came to the girl's eyes as she watched him slip into his pants. "I did make one. I wasn't sure what I wanted to connect it to just yet though. I suppose that would be an easy enough way to get out of here with very little fuss," she said as she walked towards the door that little gem on her necklace glowing as she used the magic necessary to connect this door to this room to another door. "Oh, but I want my stuff!" she exclaimed, remembering the things in Gojo Satoru's car. She tested the upper limits of her skills by using her 'Snatch' skill to pull those bags from the back of that man's car and place them into the treasury in a manner similar to her skill use in Ryozanpaku. With everything she wanted on her person, and the lad she wanted at her side, whenever they opened this door at the theater the lad would find his own little box home on the other side of the door. Kimiko had of course rather sneakily used her ability to connect to that door upon realizing she would still have such active abilities. She planned to make it connect to one of her bedroom doors so she could easily move between his place and hers without arousing any suspicion.

"If they're not gamers, then firstly, I don't understand their lives one bit. Secondly, they would still be better off buying a TV and a Blu-ray player. If you ask me, buying a projector just because it can be used for a smaller projection is pointless. You'd have to attach it to the ceiling, wire it in, and worse than everything else, the room has to be perfect for it. Put all that value together with the fact that most houses won't have access to an appropriate dark room, basement or anything like that, and you're better off taking that 50,000 yen and buying a big flat-screen TV. Hell, you could even get surround sound and have more bang for your buck than that, once it's all said and done." Yugi was rather insistent about this projector matter, but between the two of them, he leaned toward the perspective of one who had little choice but to be cautious when spending. "Besides all that, once it breaks, what do you do? You've basically stuck yourself with having to fix or replace the thing. You can't just waste that whole setup you've invested in, and you've already sacrificed an entire room just to point the thing toward one wall."

Eventually, the topic of projectors and value would be a thing of the past. Yugi didn't even realize how much he was rambling at this point, but something literally out of this world would always manage to divert his attention. The thought of them being able to use magical abilities even in this world was still absolutely unbelievable. It was only natural that his eyes were glued to the use of Kimiko's treasure sphere and theft ability. Once that was done, they were ready to depart through whatever previous door link Kimiko established. Why did Yugi have a strange feeling about that? Oh well. Out he reached to take the door handle. What would he find upon pushing it open? Well, it was... the most familiar sight of his own little box of a home. They were in the front door of that box, which confirmed that Kimiko had created this link some time in the last 24 hours or so. Actually... there was a discussion leading to this, wasn't there? "You really took that free invite thing seriously, huh?"

More rambling points were to come, but truly Kimiko didn't mind. Listening to him speak on subjects he obviously put at least a bit of thought to was entertaining. Beyond that, the differing perspective from her own was worth taking in. As always there were several points she agreed on, and a few where her own view diverged. "I also don't know what non-gamers do with their lives. I assume drugs or something..." she said in a haphazard way. "A TV, Blue-ray and surround sound are pretty good options to fill in. The room devotion thing is a bit different. You can set up any room to function as such, but I assume the only types to get real use out of such things would be the man-cave type of loner proper adult. And well people like me with way more rooms than I assume a single person would ever actually need," she said coming to the conclusion that it wouldn't really matter much either way. Of course, there was the matter of wasted space and locked in investment, but that was true for many things.

Soon enough they'd be moving on and moving out. But before they properly left this room, she'd use her ability just one more time. This time to lay claim to the bag of confections they'd purchased. She'd only eaten one of her snacks, she might as well have the other one sometime soon. Yugi seemed a bit surprised to find out what was linked to her treasury. His question made the lass feel a bit smug as if she'd done the perfect thing with her skills and powers. "Of course I did. It was the best thing to do!" she claimed with a happy smile on her face. "It was originally my plan to connect it to one of my closets and come and wake you up in the morning. But I haven't been home yet... This will do just for getting us out of here though~" she claimed as she stepped forward into a place she could very easily consider her favorite place.

"Must be some pretty hard drugs," Yugi commented snarkily, moving onward immediately to the topic of room devotion. "Setting up a room is one thing, but think about wanting to change it. It'd be nothing to just move around a TV or anything else, but a projector has to take up whatever wall you planned out the first time. That room can't even really be repurposed for anything else, unless you want to leave your ceiling in a shitty state or deal with patching it up."

Yugi should have expected the door link to lead right into his home. Where else would she have even put it after discovering it was possible in this world? That was about the only viable location, unless she had a door stationed in a changing room somewhere... or even at the entrance to Cinnabon. No, surely he would have noticed something like that being done. If he thought about it properly, the most reasonable time for a door's creation was... while he was washing up, just before they left. Yes, that had to be it. One could especially believe that after hearing Kimiko state her original plan for the following morning. "Huh. And I was actually wondering how you planned on making that happen," he said, taking the first step beyond the magical and almost imaginary threshold between the projector room, and his own abode. If for no other reason, this sort of application would make having powers in their original world a great boon to life while here. Of course, Yugi was already beginning to think of deviant ways to use this ability as well as some others, if said others could manifest as intended. "So if you'd been home at all, I'd have a new alarm clock, free of charge? Damn. I feel like I could use one," he joked. Once he was comfortably home again, Yugi made immediate progress toward the bathroom, stopping just shy of the door. "Need bathroom? I figured it's probably a good time to wash or something. . ."

Ah, considering changing around the room. Well that was a problem and a half. Kimiko had reasonable experience with that sort of thing and she could at least understand the potential problems surrounding adding or removing fixtures as well as repairing damage necessary to seat a new object or item somewhere else. "You know what that's fair. I had a pretty annoying time changing my room around last time and a rougher time when I repurposed my old play room into a game room when I was a teen," she said. Converting a room into a different one was really annoying. Redecorating around fixtures or having them changed and moved was also annoying. Hell, she'd needed a contractor and electrician on hand when she'd redone her bedroom and her playroom. The staffing needs of such a thing was absolutely annoying. Not to mention what she had to go through to get her closets set up.

Whatever the case they were back at his place now and Kimiko could relax once again. This time, the lass would close the door and allow it to return to being a normal functioning thing on the theater side. On their own side his door would lead outside once again as well. But that was likely for the best. Regardless she watched Yugi think about several things and claim he was wondering how she would have broken in. "Hm, well without the magical aspect probably through the window. Those are easy," she claimed having a strange knack for burglary as someone who would never actually need to steal anything. "Of course you'd have a free alarm clock. You still will, I do actually intend to come and wake you up sometime." she chimed letting him know it. What was more the lad began moving towards his bathroom only to pause and ask the girl if she needed it. Of course she did, there was a rather strange feeling that needed handling due to their recent activity. She dropped the Cinnabon bag on the table and slipped out of her hoodie while dropping her sunglasses beside the bag as well. "Since you're offering, I'll go first~" she chimed slipping past him and into the bathroom. She'd close the door behind herself and take care of the initial business of expelling all fluids from her person and then wash up with a clean cloth and water. She'd be in for a few minutes but that was likely fine, right?

Page 57 of 69 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast