Madoka did as her King instructed by calling upon his Champion, the greatest of Royal Knights within Eonis. To his credit, he was a hulking beast of a man, very intimidating to behold. However, Kou had resolved himself to take - and win - a battle against whatever servants the King threw his way. He meant to become a Holy Knight, so he had no intentions of losing to a Royal Knight of any caliber. Besides that, the lass Hikari placed her faith in him. He still wasn't certain why, but this approval gave him a level of conviction he hardly ever knew. "Ser Gregor! Kill this stain upon my kingdom, and when you're done... send that wretched demi-human with him!"

The King's announcement to his champion infuriated Kou before the match even began. He was well beyond caring what the reason behind the King's behavior was; for now, he only cared to face the issue head-on and discover the specifics when he was done attacking. Kou... or rather, the being within Kou, had numerous problems with the King's approach. He wouldn't have liked to take this out on a simple servant, but... this champion surely knew what he signed up for. "I am the bone of my sword. Steel is my body, and fire is my blood..."