Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940

Thread: The Kingdom of Eonis

And so, it seemed the half-Dwarf blacksmith named Dreyfus would be coming along for a bit. Daiyu wanted acquisitions for her treasury, and she would be sure to get them now. As for Kou... he'd gain something else, including - but not limited to - further understanding of his own weapon and abilities. The moment he received confirmation of this temporary agreement, Dreyfus even seemed ready to ship out right away. He didn't know where they were going, he didn't know what they had planned at all. He did, however, know that these two were destined for greatness in this world. "Aye! The whole shop's yours fer lootin' then, lass. Now, sign me up for the randomness!" he exclaimed.

In the meantime, Kou was mentally preparing himself to poke at Hikari a bit. In fact, he did so physically while hazarding a laugh at her curiosities. His forefinger repeatedly made contact with her forehead, and he chuckled his way through every word leaving his mouth. "Baaaka~ you still look like a stray kid animal, probably because you are one. Feral too. Really, we might have to get you checked for rabies. Does rabies exist in this world? If it does, I think you've got it─"

Daiyu looked around the shop after hearing Dreyfus' words and chuckled a knowing smile coming to her face. Strangely, she didn't move from where she stood after being given the okay to loot this place. Instead she searched through her skills list and found a very strange one. It wasn't at all the skill listing she'd gotten used to, but apparently one of them still worked in general. "Natural Born Genius? That sounds a little presumptuous... even for me," she mumbled mostly to her self. At the same time, she realized she could use every skill she had previously and even ones she didn't quite have yet. There didn't seem to be a limit on what she could do as far as skills were concerned. "Fox Assault..." items around the room began to come towards her. Various metals, pieces of leather, cloth wrappings, jewels, stones and all manner of thing used to craft came to her in an instant and were left hovering in her general vicinity. "Hoh? You aren't exactly outta stock or anything..." the lass mentioned before she found an item she hadn't just pulled to herself. There was at least one she'd not been able to pull with the rest, that she'd had to concentrate for and it was covered in some strange stone casing thicker than she'd imagined. Obviously another weapon but not yet appraised. Still she didn't need one in this form so she simply smirked. Soon after she'd be holding her Golden Orb in her hands, beginning the process of opening it. "Yare yare, I didn't really expect you to be the excitable type, Dreyfus... though I suppose you'll fit right in," the girl said with a chuckle before she, and everything else her magic was currently touching disappeared.

In the meantime, Hikari was being poked at, both literally and metaphorically by her brother. "Nii-san! No teasing!" she demanded as he kept poking her, by the time he'd gotten around to asking about rabies he'd done it. Call her feral?! He didn't yet know the meaning of the word. But he would. She opened her mouth as if about to pout more but instead she quickly turned her head and aimed to clamp down on the lad's finger a solid bite to be delivered to him for his audacity. "If I have rabies you got it too!" she'd say only if she managed to deliver this bite.

It seemed the raven-haired lass had stumbled upon a rare find. The item she failed to pull her way initially was one which Dreyfus himself had yet to appraise, not for lack of trying, but for lack of ability. There was something very fine, very delicate about that one. If he made anything resembling a wrong move with his physical tools, he just knew it would be destroyed beyond all repair. "Careful with that one, lass. It holds a mighty power, but it'll take a better man than I ta bring it out," he explained. Kou heard this, and found himself watching the object. With only a glance, it was as if he could feel just what Dreyfus meant. 'Sou ka. That's more delicate than Magic Gold,' he thought.

Soon enough, Kou was caught unawares while looking toward Daiyu's new acquisition. While his eyes were averted, there was a sudden chomp on his finger. He was in an immediate state of shock, and to a lesser extent, agony due to the abrupt biting of his digit. Would that stop him from lashing out? Of course not! "Don't infect me with your disease, you Loli Bait bitchy dog! What if I get mange or some crazy shit like that!?"

Before she disappeared to put away her most recent haul, she got a warning from Dreyfus about the unappraised weapon she'd just picked up. She smiled at the man, finding his caution a bit endearing. "Hai hai, I'm pretty sure... when I have use for it, I have someone who can take care of it for me~" she said with a teasing tone to her voice, and a wink aimed at Kou. Strangely, though she had only a couple of pieces of information to base it off of, she was quite sure Kou could himself appraise this weapon for her when she was ready for it. Given the quality of his craftsmanship, as it concerned her Treasury she was quite sure there was very little of this world which was outside of his reach. A smile on the girl's face was all that was left for a few minutes while she sorted through her item.

Hikari, for the time being was now content to have bitten her brother and had him in pain, yet still insulting her. "I'm not loli bait you..." she paused, the big one was coming. A blow up of massive proportions. "Fucking Nerd! Lolicon! Puzzle-Loving! Smarty-pants! Jerk-face! Yugi!" A string of insults, ending in the man's name, all while Daiyu was gone. The Demi-Human girl stood with her hands on her hips, tail swaying in the breeze, feeling triumphant for just a moment only to burst into laughter, before the raven-haired girl appeared again. A large smile was plastered across her face, as she tucked away the Treasure Trove and the Helix Pendant Necklace, until all that was left in her hands were a few gems. She was playing with these a bit, as she cycled through more of her skills. "Alright are we ready to go?" she asked, having everything she needed and having set up quite a bit.

The buildup was palpable; Hikari was preparing herself to spew one insult after another, in a chain reaction of unknown length. He immediately found it strange, even off-putting to be referred to as a lolicon by one he he just addressed as loli bait. That, however, was not the biggest problem. Kou's expression was flat for the majority of this chain. "H'ah─ was that last one even an insul─" He paused with haste, keeping that same abandon as his eyes darted around the room. For just a moment, he'd forgotten. For just a moment, Hikari and himself were at home, having their normal form of conversation. However, it was not true. Lucky for him, Dreyfus was busy packing up while Daiyu had yet to return. "Are you fucking insane?" he said, yelling while simultaneously hushing his own tone.

"Don't put that out there! I work hard to keep that secret, Bokemouto!" Soon after he spoke these words, Daiyu returned. Dreyfus also seemed to be finishing the tasks he'd taken upon himself, and with all that done, the group could move forward. "Hai hai," Kou said with a sigh. "Back to Atlantis, then to the skies."

Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940