Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: The Kingdom of Eonis

Eventually, Miki stirred. Kou set his gaze upon the girl as she began to move, only to watch as she fell from the bed with a thud occurring as she made contact with the floor. Kou's eyes widened when he witnessed this, and widened even further when the girl rose over the bed with the look of someone who'd just been through a tornado. 'A girl who just woke up... and in the same bed I was sleeping in,' he thought, making a very conscious effort to silence his wandering mind. When he spoke, he did so hesitantly whilst a pink flush crept onto his face. "Uhh... no, not at all. You look like you uhh... slept pretty decently, though."

She'd fallen out of bed in front of this lad, and might have had the presence of mind to be properly embarrassed if not for the fact that she was still shocked by her current life situation. 'Still in a video game world, with a boy. I spent the night with him... and he's not being weird...' she thought to herself only to silence her own thoughts as the lad seemed to point out an idea he had about her sleeping. "Hai hai, I slept pretty good. But... sometimes when that happens I oversleep a bit... but once I'm up... I'm up. I just need like..." she thought about it for a few moments. "Like ten maybe fifteen minutes~" she said intending to bathe and get ready for the day in a pretty limited amount of time. Mostly she intended to do something about what she knew to be whirlwind hair and probably sleepy face. Soon after she was standing and heading towards the bathroom of this room, intending not to impose for too much longer while looking not herself. And then, exactly 15 minutes later the girl would emerge, redressed and perfectly put together. Every hair on her head in place and not a sign of her rather abrupt waking in her person. "Whooa~ That's better, you look like you've been up a while. You ready to get started on the day?" she asked as she grabbed her things and refitted them and her shoes on her person to be better suited for the day's travel.

Kou never broke his gaze, but he began blinking sporadically when Miki mentioned needing up to fifteen minutes. He'd taken even longer to prepare for the day, so he had no problem with this whatsoever, but he still had to set his mind right. This was something he found possible while Miki freshened up for the day, likely due to the fact that she'd gone during the start of the awkwardness. By the time she returned, he was back to normal with something more purposeful to say. At least, this was the case after a single statement producing yet another blunder. "Wow, that was quick, and you look great. I mean... yeah, let's go," he said, making haste to pick up and equip the rest of his gear. Off to the outside of the inn he went after this, keeping his focus ahead until he passed the door with the Ryuuko summoning crystal in hand. "Alright, so first thing's first. Wanna see what we made?"

After emerging from the bathroom her travel companion had something of a compliment to pay her. She looked a bit surprised by this, but technically speaking it wasn't the first time he'd complimented her appearance, though he seemed to want to stumble right past it. 'That's pretty weird... I wonder why he does that,' she thought to herself, she'd give it a bit of consideration over time but for now she had little to say. "Hai hai!~" she chimed about leaving. Though it would have been normal to accept such a compliment, she felt strangely doing so given the stigma around girls who played video games in their home world. 'I do appreciate the compliment. But I don't want it to seem like it's all I am after. He seems pretty nice still, but I don't want to have another misunderstanding...' she thought absently as they made their way outside. Once away from the inn, Kou asked if she wanted to see their summoned creature mount. Her eyes widened and she nodded. "Hai! Let's see it. I've been super curious about it!~" she said, which was indeed true. She didn't know all of the mounts built into the game, so she was curious about the one called Ryuuko.

Luckily for Kou, nothing was said in response to what he let slip from his mouth. He was able to make it outside without any issues, at which point there was a brief exchange regarding the mount they summoned. Miki was keen to find out exactly what would come from the crystal. Kou was curious as well, as he understood summons such as this were based on the player bound to them. Simply having both Miki and himself linked to the Ryuuko was going to make this rather interesting, and Kou didn't wait any longer to find out. When Kou applied a sample of his mana directly to the summoning crystal, it shattered and spread its shards across a shroud of energy which became the mount's form. What emerged was something similar to a liger from the human world, something previously unseen in this realm. It had very Dragon-like features, boasting both scales and fur that were white with a bluish-purple underbelly and accent scales. Upon summoning this creature, Kou stared into piercing golden eyes that matched the claws of the beast, and those eyes stared back into him. He wanted to hesitate, but he'd heard the better of doing such a thing. As such, he stepped up to the Ryuuko and placed his hand atop its head, looking toward Miki as the beast lowered itself. "I don't know about you, but I love it. Here; hop on."

Soon enough it seemed the pair of teens had moved past their moment of awkwardness and moved on to the summoning of their shared mount. Miki knew that mounts changed quite a bit depending on who summoned them, and she wondered innately what kind of difference she could expect in this creature as it was summoned by both of them. She got to see the large dragon creature which looked a bit like a liger, she also got to understand the kind of combination of the two of them. Miki also looked into golden eyes and soon enough reached out for the creature placing her hand atop its head as well. "Kawaii!~ It's awesome! It's like simultaneously cute and terrifying!~" she chimed though that wasn't at all an insult to the creature. She thought it amazing and felt like it was one of the best uses of her time and a good solidification of their bond. Moving right along, he asked her to hop aboard the creature who'd so recently lowered itself and so she did without any hesitation. Upon doing so she found herself rather easily straddling the creatures back, surprised by how comfortable she found such an arrangement. "Sugoi!" she muttered thinking this would indeed be an interesting adventure.

Following Miki, Kou also hopped onto the beast's back, taking his place behind the young woman. Reins of magical energy appeared from either side of the Ryuuko's head in this moment, but Kou was having an issue that kept him from noticing and taking hold. There was only so much room forward on the creature, and only so much back as well. This left Kou rather firmly pressed against Miki's backside when the Ryuuko rose from the ground and righted itself. He froze up right away, thinking it may have been a better idea to pick up some sort of saddle to keep their lower halves separate, but it was too late to avoid the issue now. 'Kuso, this is just gonna become more awkward if we move long distances,' he thought. Aloud though, he made an effort to divert. "Uhh... to a... Blacksmith first then?"

After she was in position on the front of the beast, Kou joined her on the back. In doing this he was pressed rather firmly against her backside and this would cause Miki's eyes to widen. Inside, she was having quite the flurry of strange thoughts, but outwardly... not much about her changed at all. 'He's right behind me. He's so close. Kind of warm too...' she thought initially. 'What do I do, what do I do? I don't really mind this, I mean we did share a bed together kind of recently. He's gone all frozen in place...' she pondered these points. 'If I say something it could make it worse for everyone... but if I say nothing it could be taken wrong... this is such an odd place to be in.' she thought to herself having taken note of the magical reins which appeared only once the lad joined her, she had them in her hands when he mentioned the blacksmith and she knew where this was. "Hai hai, to the blacksmith!~" she said nudging the beast gently in the sides waiting for take off that she was hoping wasn't too fast. "Hang on!~"

"Y-... Yeah," Kou confirmed as Miki took the reins and forced the movement of the Ryuuko. The beast's takeoff was fast, like the pouncing felines it shared an appearance with, albeit with the force of a Dragon's flight behind it. This resulted in a rather quick and bumpy first movement in which Kou held onto the only thing he could: Miki herself. "Whoa!" he uttered as his arms wrapped around the girl's midsection to keep himself attached. 'Bad, bad, bad! I hope this doesn't look as awful as I think it does. Though... it's not so bad,' he thought.

Miki got a rather interesting surprise in the takeoff of the beast, which seemed to be rather sudden. It was an interesting mix between feline and dragon and she was fine with this, even as her companion did indeed hang on. She didn't know what she'd expected when she'd said that, but the lad hanging on to her midsection was indeed a shocking thing. Her eyes widened, but she managed not to stiffen up too much. 'I guess I sort of expected that... ' she thought to herself. 'I can't say I mind...' she mused as they began their journey in earnest. With this in mind she continued nudging the large cat/dragon forward until they reached a shop with a blazing fire going outside and a large anvil on its sign. She pulled back on its reins then, urging it to stop. "Whoa, there's the blacksmith!~" she said happily. She seemed glad to have found it, though she was less worried about this, than the mental state of her companion, though she didn't comment upon this because she didn't want him to misunderstand.

Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast