"Same here. Yoroshiku onegaishimasu, Hikari-chan," Kou said while looking directly into the demi-human Hikari's face, offering a more gentle expression than he'd previously been shown capable of, as well as - interestingly - no issues with how she chose to address him. Miki and Karna were both traveling to the throne room alongside these two, but Kou seemed to have become indifferent to their presence. The one who gained his focus came only when they entered the throne room, and it was again Madoka the Princess. "Oi. I'm here for--"

"It takes some nerve to bring that thing back into my castle. We will never again abide creatures like those demi-humans. Remove it immediately!" spoke the voice of the King himself, who sat upon the throne brandishing a beard as white as Kou's own hair, and emerald eyes which gazed into the soul of those beheld. Kou knew this person from experiences in the video game version of this world, yet something about the man's demeanor was different. He stepped forward with great conviction. "King Eon... Your Grace," he said. "Holy Knights are exempt from judgement and rule, aren't they? I am Kou, Royal Knight of Eonis. I'm here to claim the title of Holy Knight."

It was Kou's belief that it didn't matter what the King himself decided. If he were to become a Holy Knight, he could take the demi-human girl as his apprentice, and none could question him. The King, however, shook his head. He would not allow this young Knight to achieve a higher status if his first intention was to make a demi-human his apprentice, and Kou could tell this was the case. As such, Kou found himself looking toward Madoka for answers.