Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2937383940 LastLast

Thread: The Kingdom of Eonis

Of course. He should have figured she had already spread that atrocious introduction across the Demi-Human population at least. If she had her way, he'd probably never go a day without hearing someone say it. What was even the point? Well, whether that was a matter of importance or not, Hikari apparently thought it was a worthwhile investment to begin chastising him for his media preferences. "Blah blah! Conversations have segues, you one-trick, dimwitted Loli Bait Chibi!" he barked in retort. It went without saying that she'd be trying to shift all the blame in his direction as well, even though it didn't make an ounce of sense when she gave justification to her methods. He would have sighed, perhaps even said something on the matter, if the lass wasn't suddenly latched onto his back and whispering to him. "Piss off," he said, shrugging in an effort to release him of her embrace while stomping onward. He did, at least, have it in him to speak regarding the blacksmith. "He's a Player... sort of. Seems like immersion went a little too far for some people, and he's one of them. Either way, he did right by us when we first showed up and needed gear."

'Siblings are weird...' this was Daiyu's only thought upon witnessing the interaction between Kou and Hikari. Of course, it wasn't the first time she witnessed strange interactions between siblings. In fact, she used to see only these sorts of things all the time. Strangely, it made it no less confusing to her. Perhaps because she'd never had anything like that relatively, she couldn't quite commiserate properly on the topic. No matter. She was content enough to observe quietly as they walked along.

In the meantime, Hikari's antics seemed to garner a decent bit of annimosity from Kou. Somehow this was exactly what she was going for. "Nii-san!~ I'm not loli bait!~" she said in a tone most demanding. All the while Daiyu looked up and gave the younger lass a general assessment. One she without a doubt kept to herself as she preferred to stay out of such things. 'You, definitely fit the profile of loli bait,' the raven haired lass thought. Still there was nothing but that same dangerous or rather deceptive light behind her eyes. As if she found this entire thing more amusing than harmful. "Still, it's too easy!~" she snickered, and with one final squeeze she let go of the lad as he stomped off. Satisfied that she'd ruffled the lad's feathers a bit, she was content to hear out his conversation about Dreyfus their apparent Blacksmith. He claimed that the blacksmith was a bit more immersed by virtue of how he acted, but he'd done right by the pair of them the first time they'd come through. "Too immersed... You think that's really a thing? Sounds like something a NEET would do..." mentioned Hikari in an off-handed way. Daiyu walked onward and had a bit of a contribution to make this time as well.

"I am not too certain about that. Those who play games and do so all the time have moments of immersion but usually can't throw themselves whole-heartedly into the experience. You play one RPG you play them all... after all," she mentioned with an unknown bit of familiarity. 'Dreyfus has a full Irish accent and all associated mannerisms... he's more method actor than shut-in, he really was awesome with us though. Did the work of crafting our weapons in exchange for some extra magisteel. The sort of deal you only make when you know the reality of the world.' Daiyu's mind was wandering around the context that she and Kou had discussed at their last dinner. What was the difference between those who were too immersed and those who weren't? "Huh? Daiyu-nee, that's almost like admitting to being a shut-in too~" Hikari teased, while poking the other lass. Daiyu wanted to argue, but couldn't really, she spent a lot of time playing video games and not a lot interacting with people outside of work and school. Knowing this Kimiko was basically a shut-in with financial prospects. This being pointed out made the lass turn her nose up the same way she would have it the commentary had come from Seriri in Atlantis. Still what Daiyu said made a certain amount of sense. Hikari wondered how many people she'd encountered that had been too immersed.

"Of course you are! The only positive thing is that you're too dense to notice how many creeps are taking the bait!" he retorted. Moving on, Hikari seemed to think this 'immersion' matter was one of his own thinking. Judging by what he'd seen in Eonis alone, it was not so simple a topic. If it wasn't due to immersion when playing Age of Eternity, it could only be something far more ludicrous as a concept. "He's definitely a Player, but there's hardly any 'Player' left in there. His Avatar is a half-Dwarf... and it seems like he's suffering the same effect we do when we become Dragons." This was Kou's single assertion regarding Avatars and their states of being. Now that he thought about it, there was such a difference between the existences of Rook as well. Karna and Arjuna were a near-literal example of night and day, so it could be assumed that they were a similar case.

Regardless, they would soon be upon the smithy. Dreyfus had only recently returned to his forge, and seemed raring to get into his work. Upon witnessing the return of one familiar Adventurer, he perked up. "Welcome back, laddie! Brought a few friends this time, eh? I'll fix 'em up anaw, long as yer willin' tae pay!" he said, bowing to the pair of young ladies who came along with Kou. He did find one of these two vaguely familiar, but... no, that couldn't have been right.

Kou's snap back at Hikari not being Loli Bait was about expected. She gave a sigh though she still seemed to be light hearted. "It should really worry me, the negative opinions you have about the population in general," she said but left it alone after that. Sadly, Daiyu could only agree with Kou. Girls who knew the sort of power they had over boys didn't usually turn out to be good or even okay people. They took advantage, ignored and contributed to a lot of the general misunderstandings between the sexes. Daiyu continued to think about these things as Hikari was content to hear out her brothers words about the immersion of players. It seemed that this man was more like the two of them were as Dragons.

"Sou ka..." she said, getting a general sense of the situation but it wouldn't be until they reached the blacksmith and he opened his mouth that she would get a full understanding. This red haired man's words seemed to catch a bit of her attention. They were spoken in a strange dialect which came off like a full grown Irishman. That made sense of the 'Dwarf' half of him but still this was more than a little extreme. "Uh, alright I get what you mean now..." she said to Kou, giving the slightest lift of her left brow. Moving right along she smiled to the large man and nodded. "Hai hai. Hikari desu! I actually just need something appraised, how much do you charge?" she asked while pulling it from her back and showing it to the man before them. While this happened Daiyu was left to wonder how different she actually looked. "Hm, did my face change too much? I figured I'd still be recognizable considering... I suppose that version of me is very different," she muttered wondering if this was the case in general. If Kou only knew her now because he was there when she changed or if Hikari was simply observant enough to figure her out before saying anything.

Two introductions were made, albeit on two very different wavelengths. Dreyfus received greeting from the Demi-Human of this group, whom he beamed at while taking hold of her ancient Artifact. "Ho─ I havenae seen one li'at in aer decades! Could be a coot, could be a hoot! Let's 'ave a looksee..." This object he took in hand was a sword; that much was clear. Its power would require awakening, perhaps quite a bit... or perhaps it would be similar to another weapon he'd made in recent months...

Alas, there was one other whose attention he had, and who would receive his in turn. Daiyu spoke as if she should have been recognized, and indeed, Dreyfus did have an inkling. Could it be true, then? There were hardly many other answers, so the hulking blacksmith blinked repeatedly while inspecting her. Ah... the identity within was the same after all. "Well I'll be! Apologies, lass! Didn't take ye for the type to go fixin' yerself up, doin' yer hair fancy anaw! Somethin' for you too? It's all on the house, whatever ah can manage."

The sword Hikari had picked up was a strange one indeed. Upon being appraised he would become a long golden sword with a large seated blue gem in the middle. It was a magical weapon, which took on properties of the items it consumed and of the creatures it slayed. Unlike many weapons, it wouldn't need to be interfaced with to change these properties. Once it killed something it would simply gain an alternate form which abused the stats and characteristics of the creature it'd slayed. It would become an excellent weapon as it wouldn't need to be changed for different jobs, it'd simply need to be fed. Currently it could be fed the Mana belonging to Hikari, granting it a light form and a dark form, aligned to her magic types.

After a few seconds of thought, it seemed that the blacksmith did recognize her. That was quite a bit relieving for the now raven haired lass. "Iie, there isn't any need to apologize. After all I do look different, so I can't be upset," managed Daiyu. "I figure you'll have plenty of work as they start to rebuild this place, but you really can't make a decent living if you do a bunch of stuff for free all the time," she said chiding the man lightly. Still she didn't really need anything but she was a collector of specific kinds of items and she wondered if he'd come across anything new or different from what she had already. "I don't think I need anything. Unless you've come across something, unique since I last saw you. I'd buy it off you. Actually buy it, and not have you give it to me. I am working on a collection after all..." she said with a large smile.

Dreyfus wasted no time before beginning his appraisal of Hikari's weapon, taking a fine chisel to it and working through the fossilized casing right away. He kept an open ear all the while, even though his eyes remained on the tiny chips he was managing along what should have been the sword's hilt. His words went toward Daiyu when he finally chose to speak. "It's nary a bother, bonnie. I've almost nothin' left in this old forge. Tell ya' what! Take me with yer group on the next journey, an' I'll give up all I've got left for somethin' new! What say ye?" A few ticks later, and the hilt of Hikari's sword had been unveiled enough for its covering to crumble away. The blade itself remained encased, yet he still handed it to the lass. "Ah, there we go! It should be stable enough fer unleashin'. Use yer Mana, an' you'll see!"

A chuckle came from Daiyu as Dreyfus claimed that he didn't need much he just wanted to go on a journey. Strangely, he put this up as an offer for what was left of his current stock. The young woman's left brow rose ever so slightly. "That's a deal weighted in my favor, Dreyfus. You'd want to go with us, even while having no idea of where we're going yet?" she asked of him. At the same time, she wasn't totally against the idea either. She had no problem with the blacksmith and having such a person on hand was beyond useful even if he didn't manage to last for the extended part of the journey. She looked to Kou and questioned him in the more direct manner. "So, what do you think? Take along Dreyfus the Blacksmith for a bit. You can pick his brain about the skills, I can grab up his inventory and he gets another adventure?" she asked of the lad. Though she was fine with making such decisions, it concerned the whole of the group and thus their dynamic was taken into consideration.

In the meantime, Hikari was left with an opening of her sword. She had the skill Appraisal, but she had neither the tool nor the skill to break into this weapon. Watching it happen was amazing to her for several reasons. "Sugoi! You really are good at this whole thing..." she said seemingly happy about it. When she was told to use her Mana on the weapon, she reached for it and picked it up. Her own light and dark magic swirled about it. Changing the blade and further cementing it. Giving it the form of a short blade with golden etchings and a large blue green crystal in the middle. Beyond all of that it turned light and then dark as the girl switched her hands. "Sugoi! Sugoi! Arigatou gouzaimasu, Dreyfus!~" she chimed pleased with her new weapon, and using her own skill to figure out its parameters in her Nexus vision.

"It might be, lassie. Still, there be nothin' here fer ol' Dreyfus. New adventures means new materials, and a lot o' experience to go along with it. It'll be temporary," the smith explained. True enough, he only intended to tag along and acquire some materials to further his work. Once he was satisfied with that, he could move on. Besides, he figured the kingdom would do without him, so long as they still had access to Princess Madoka's abilities during this interim.

Daiyu seemed to accept the idea that Dreyfus could come along, but thought to confirm matters with Kou anyway. Upon receiving her message, he gave it nothing more than a few seconds of thought before snickering. 'If you think it'll be worth it to get the loot, sure. I had a look at that appraisal, and I think it's not much different from what I can do already. Actually... it seems more like a developed thing, than something coded in.' Of course, he took no issue with having the blacksmith along. If nothing else, he could learn. At best, they would have an endless supply of gear. Yes, as a matter of fact, Dreyfus himself planned on crafting numerous things along the way, and he had zero intention of keeping anything experimental. "So, what say ye folks? It'll be made worth yer while, I assure ye."

Dreyfus apparently wanted an adventure. Not just the experience, but crafting new items and going to a new place. He ironically didn't wish to stay with them for an extended period of time, instead he wished only to travel temporarily. "Temporary contracts, are the best..." she mentioned, while keeping an ear open for Kou's response. After a few seconds, and a snicker, it seemed that Kou was also on board with this. Even though the coding of Appraisal wasn't needed, there were still several fringe benefits to keeping the man around. She looked to Dreyfus after receiving confirmation of this from Kou and flashed Dreyfus a huge grin. He was apparently offering himself along with his skills for a short while, and they were both alright with that. "Hai hai, welcome aboard. And I have no doubts it will be worth it having you around. Just didn't know if you were sure about being uprooted. We seem to get into a lot of things... really randomly," she mentioned as fair warning.

"Hm, is this what you guys do? You pick up people... while you do every day stuff?" Hikari asked which made Daiyu shrug but nod gently. "Is this what it looked like when I joined?! Did I look like a stray kid animal?!" she asked seemingly outraged.

Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2937383940 LastLast