Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: The Kingdom of Eonis

And so, their little game began with the topic they had already been discussing. The category given was favorite Pokemon type, and Miki began by offering her own personal favorite. She chose the Dragon type, granting the exception to one very 'cartoony' member of the type. "Yeah... Dragonite looks like shit compared to its other forms. I was pretty upset when I found out, especially given how strong it is. I would have rather seen Charizard or something as a Dragon type," he added, sharing his own distaste for that particular Pokemon. Then would come his own favorite type. "I would say... I favor Ghost types. Whenever I get a custom Familiar here, it's probably going to be Aegislash." Interestingly, while Kou spoke of having a Familiar, something strange happened without him realizing. The pouch he kept on him since refitting himself in Dwargon began to move from the inside without any interference from Kou himself.

It seemed that she wasn't alone in her assessment about Dragonite as a pokemon, which gave her a great deal of understanding. "Right? I had one for completion sake but I was mad about it the whole time..." Miki mentioned. As they moved to Kou's favorite, the lad apparently enjoyed his ghost types. The ghosts were pretty solid as a group so Miki could somewhat understand this, "I can see that, Banette is probably my favorite from that group but Aegislash is pretty cool. I had him on the team for a little..." there was a pause in Miki's speech as Kou's pouch began to move on his side and it drew her attention. This happened mostly because she could see both the lad's hands and knew he wasn't reaching for it. "Uh... do you have telepathy?" she asked as she shifted her gaze down to the pouch so as not to alarm him. She wasn't currently armed but she didn't much like the idea of something strange emerging from his bag without knowing what it was.

Kou nodded. The Pokemon named Banette was a favorite of his as well, at least partially due to its interesting lore. Before he had a chance to comment further, Miki asked if he had telepathy. As random as he was, he thought this game was simply going in a different direction now. That is, until the gaze of Miki fell upon his pouch, which he also noticed moving when he looked at it as well. "Uhh... no. No I don't," he said with shock in his voice and on his visage. Slowly, he reached for the still-moving bag and pulled it open. Once the flap was turned over, he took a tentative peek inside to see a glowing blue light, and within that light, a clearly drunken male Fairy with blue hair that grew out in all directions at the front and uniformly pointed backwards in the back. "I think... we got a straggler," he commented before tilting the back to give an open view of its interior. The Fairy fell out of the bag then, using his insect-like wings to stumble through the air onto the table beside Kou and Miki. "Huah... You woke me up..." the small creature said whilst rubbing his eyes. "Well... you were in my bag. Do we know you from yesterday?"

When asked this final question, the male Fairy ceased the rubbing of his eyes, looked up, and flashed a bright smile at both Adventurers. "Hehe, nope! I'm Puck! Pakku!"

The shuffling in Kou's side pouch was soon revealed to be a straggler of sorts. A small male fairy with blue hair and insect-like wings had taken up residence in Kou's place. Miki looked at the small creature and breathed a sigh of relief, for a brief moment she'd been afraid she'd have to fight something without a weapon. "Ah, it's a fairy. Okay... I was worried for a second there..." she mentioned returning to something closer to her normal relaxed state. While Kou questioned whether or not they'd met this little fairy in their previous day, Miki watched as he introduced himself. "Kawaii!~ He's adorable..." she said about the small fairy. "Yoroshiku, Puck~ I'm Miki..." she introduced herself as it seemed only fair, though it didn't make much sense for him to tag along with a couple of people he didn't know. "So, did you just fall asleep in there? Or did you tag along on purpose?" she asked the small male fairy to clarify his intentions. Because while they could take him back to the fairy forest, it might be a while considering the mess that would need cleaning up here.

"... Hai. I'm..." Kou intended to introduce himself to this Fairy as well, but a tiny hand was raised to silence him. "Dakini-sama's ambassadors. I was there at the party, so I decided to come with you guys and make sure you keep your act together. Yep!" Puck said with a firm nod. Kou took a moment to inspect this Fairy's parameters, and upon doing so, his eyes widened. Something had occurred, and he wasn't exactly sure how. "You're... registered as my Familiar? Wait... PUCK!?" Closer inspection confirmed everything Kou wanted to know. This Fairy was also a player once. Sadly, no further words could be exchanged about this, as the Fairy named Puck flew back into Kou's pack and fell asleep immediately. Kou was left dumbfounded for multiple reasons. "Some Berserk fan made an avatar after Puck... and somehow made himself my Familiar..."

It appeared the small fairy knew of the pair as ambassadors to the Fairy Queen and wished to tag along with them to make sure they didn't falter. Whatever the case, it seemed he wouldn't need to be taken back to the Fairy Forest which male the whole of this fine. Until of course, it was discovered by Kou that the lad known as Puck had made himself into Kou's Familiar. "Poor little guy he wore himself out..." she said of the fairy known as Puck who was apparently a player. "I didn't know players could register as familiars. I'm a little jealous, I wanted a fairy follower while I was playing... I just hadn't gotten around to it..." Miki mentioned. Her obvious leanings in game play strategy was weird, but she didn't much care about it. "Also never got around to Berserk. I've heard things and based on image searches I am not going to like the character I like most so... I've been putting it off," she said thinking about it. Perhaps she should have given it a fairer shake, but Seinen genre needed a bit of tip-toeing into so she'd gone with something else as her first dive into the genre.

"Hmm..." Kou muttered. It was incredibly strange that this player had latched onto him in such a way, but he supposed there was now plenty of time to question it later. At the very least, he'd managed to obtain a Familiar for free and without training, so they had that. "Well, I guess we have a Fairy now. As for Berserk... Well..." Kou took a long pause and sighed. He knew exactly what character Miki was talking about when stating she wouldn't be able to like her would-be favorite. "Griffith did nothing wrong. I'd have done it all too. Well... not all of it. Maybe. The morality is a huge question mark in that series, but now I feel even more like I'll never see the end of it. Anyway, got another of those categories?"

Miki soon got a crash course in the Berserk discourse and the reaction was about what she expected given the highly dubious nature of the online discussions surrounding the character known as Griffith. "Ugh... I like a little ambiguity as much as the next person, but... I feel like I should have given it a more honest try. To be fair, instead of hunkering down for that one, I read Rising of the Shield Hero..." she added for her own edification. Beyond this point it seemed that Kou was okay with their ice breaker game continuing, so Miki gave it a few seconds of thought and then asked another question. "Alright, who is your favorite deuteragonist? I ask because protagonists are too common. And mine for the record is Killua Zoldyck from Hunter x Hunter. With a new strong liking for Bakugo from Boku no Hero Academia," she said offering up her first and second choice mostly because she currently wasn't sure which two of those she liked more.

"I think it's worth a shot. You know, if you can get past the fact that everybody who's important has been brutally raped at some point in the series... some on purpose," Kou added for clarification. The series they spoke of was among his favorites, but about thirty years old. As he thought of this, he had to add something else to the clause. "Oh, and the hiatus problem. Ugh, nine years on a fucking boat..." he said with an expression of absolute disgust. Moving back to their little game, Miki presented the curiosity of Kou's favorite deuteragonist. Her own were interesting choices that he felt compelled to comment on first. "Bakugo is fuckin' great! Killua is awesome too, but I think my favorite of all time has to be... ugh, it's weird..." A pause ensued. He wasn't sure if his choice would even be a name recognized by his companion, but he blurted it out regardless in spirit of the game. "Kagami Taiga. He feels more like the protagonist, though..."

As they discussed what happened to be a thirty year old classic series, Miki found herself understanding a bit more of Kou's opinion about the series itself. Knowing something as brutal as rape happens to a lot of people is one of those things that makes or breaks series for girls like Miki. "Sou ka... well, I'm not really patient so that wait time would be a killer. But, knowing bad stuff happens ahead of time makes it a bit easier to process. You know like the warnings I enjoyed before diving into series that kill characters all the time," she said, having made up her mind that if the opportunity arose she'd give herself an ample try at Berserk as a series.

As they moved on to the choice of favorite deuteragonists, her own choices were commented upon favorably. She felt some strange satisfaction in this moment. She didn't normally get to have conversations like this with actual people she knew, so it was a fun change of pace for Miki. Beyond this, he claimed his own true favorite was weird, and mentioned a name she knew from a more obscure sports related manga/anime. "Huh? You liked Kuroko? I didn't think anyone was into that one... it's really obscure. You're right though, Taiga feels more like a protagonist so I didn't really think about him like that, it's a great choice," she said. Miki as a person strangely didn't have any set like or dislike of anime, and because she didn't have any friends outside of minor acquaintances, she had plenty of time to delve into anime, manga and games for long periods of time without interruption.

Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast