Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: The Kingdom of Eonis

"..." The other thing Miki preferred a warning for was another trigger for Kou. He thought back to one of his favorite arcs of the series, and addressed this matter once his thoughts concluded. "Oh. Right. Well, don't get too attached to too many people in Berserk. Or D.Gray-Man. Or Akame Ga Kill. Or... I'll stop," he said.

It seemed Miki was familiar with the series he referenced as having his favorite deuteragonist, and she even claimed it to be a good choice. "Yeah, the only thing that kept me remembering was that the series was named after Kuroko. Got another one, then? Seems like you're favoring the anime-related questions."

Of the things listed by Kou which contained the random deaths of a massive number of characters, she'd seen or read several of them all ready. She went on to add a few more to the list. "Or Juni Taisen, anything in the FATE universe," she added her own to let him know she was more than fully aware of the great number of series which forced you into accepting the deaths of pivotal characters.

"Well I guess that is better than series like Fairy Tail, where the main character is so non-existent you don't even see her for ages and it doesn't make any difference to the story," she said coming to her main problem with an entire series in a single sentence. Moving right along, she was asked if she had another category up, and it was noted that she spent a lot of her first few discussing anime-related things. Miki managed to look surprised her face flushing slightly. She rubbed the back of her head and shrugged. "Well, I actually don't get to talk about this kind of thing with other people very much... so all of the topics in my head are this... but I have a lot of them floating around in here..." she said pointing to the front of her head and offering a smile. "Oh I got a good one, Favorite Piece of Technology you wish you could have...." she said, of all the series she'd partaken of there were quite a few which had advancements she wished she possessed. "For this one... it's a bit weird, but I really liked the Air Trek super rollerblades in Air Gear. They were like weaponized toys. I think I'd like flying..." she said.

"... Fuck Juni Taisen," was all Kou had to say about that particular series. He figured that sentence alone would summarize everything he meant, and was content to move on right away. Miki's next topic of choice was one which technically fit the bill of something different, though it still remained somewhat anime-related... especially given her choice of items. Kou laughed. "That's hardly not an anime question. A-Ts would be cool, but... I think I'd go for... Box Weapons from Reborn. Rings too, of course. Next?"

The phrase Kou used to describe his distaste in Juni Taisen was one which Miki understood. A brief chuckle came from the lass because she knew too well the sting of being given an entire episode of backstory about a character who dies in the last two minutes of the episode. As they moved on, apparently there was something in the series Reborn that Miki didn't really know about and she managed to look stunned at the assertion. "Box Weapons? Rings? What? Are you telling me there is something more to that series than a kid getting shot to death and waking up in his underwear?" Miki asked starting to feel like perhaps she'd cut a series a bit too short for once, normally she tried to tough through the boring parts, but that series seemed to be a total gag.

As for the next question, she had one waiting in the wings, but would wait for the explanations he'd asked for before she presented it.

Instead of moving directly to the next topic as they'd come to do over the past few categories, Miki stopped to question the abilities found in the series Reborn. Kou was baffled, and jumped forward in a way which caused Puck to stir and grumble in his bag from the movement and following noise. "What!? You gave up before they introduced rings!? You have to sit through that first 61 chapters of shit before the series becomes one of the most amazing things I've ever seen! Alternatively, watch the anime... They put the first good arc somewhere in the twenties, then loop it back to that weird daily life shit. But trust me, it's worth it! They completely stop the whole Dying Will Bullet thing, and Tsuna starts keeping his clothes on and being an actual badass... when he's fighting, at least. They have rings that make flames, each one with a different ability. Remember Lambo? They all get sent 10 years into the future with that weird bazooka he has, but they get stuck there, and they get little boxes to put their ring flames in... and the boxes throw out different animals with the powers of their flames!"

A small jump happened when Kou moved forward apparently very excited to give Miki the information she sought. Miki seemed surprised to be learning such a thing and leaned forward to take it all in. Apparently she'd given up on Reborn a bit too early, and it was about to become exactly the sort of series she liked to watch and read. She could barely stay in her seat as Kou excitedly explained all that she'd missed. "Ugh I stopped at like chapter 30... it was just too much. I did give a few good moments and tried to push through in the hopes of seeing Reborn be a badass.... But 60 chapters to get to the point?! Who does that?!" she said seemingly outraged. She didn't want to leave this world, but if they made it back to their home world, she might give Reborn a thorough binge. Moving along her next question was up, and it surprisingly wasn't intrinsically linked to anime though it could be. "Alright Favorite Mobile Game..." she asked. Thinking about it more she decided to answer herself as well. "Actually, I really like Plague Ink. I name all my diseases dumb anime stuff and I infect the world with it so I can read all of the dumb tag lines that pop up," she said of the strategy take over game she enjoyed playing most on her mobile device.

"Chapter 30, huh?" Kou asked, taking the time thereafter to remember the series during that time. "Uhh you could skip ahead from there, straight to chapter 62. Those other chapters are good stuff, so I would still go back and read them, but... they're not integral to the story. It's weird, I think the author just gave up on it being a gag series after checking her reviews." Miki thought to bring up the next category once they finished addressing Reborn. It seemed she was gradually moving away from the more anime-related topics, which was fine with Kou as it stood. Favorite mobile game was a strange thing to think of, but Kou had a good few on his list. "These are weird things for getting to know someone. I uhh..." He paused, scratching the back of his head when thinking to admit what his favorite mobile game was. "My favorite is... Moe! Ninja Girls..."

A bit of advice came from Kou about the chapter she could skip when restarting her binge of Reborn. And Miki was ever the type to keep such a thing in mind for a later moment. It was also mentioned that this was a weird game to play to get to know each other, and she agreed. That being said, she had no thing to talk about and she'd seen it work out for groups of stiff office workers and figured it could also work for a couple of high school kids. "Moe! Ninja Girls, isn't that basically a dating sim? I played a lot of those, I think I gave up that one because I didn't like how long it took for tickets to recharge..." she said, which was rather true. Still it was quite strange for a guy to be into that sort of thing. "I didn't expect guys to play that sort of thing... I learn something new everyday~" she commented. Besides this point there was the strangeness of this conversation which she also chose to address. "Well, the version of this game I normally see played, is two people from two completely different departments in a firm having to come up with 10 things they have in common. I'm pretty sure it's supposed to take the edge off of meeting new people... because it gives you a few topics to discuss," she said with a nod of her head. "You have any categories... I'm running out of diversity..." she posed as a question. She could probably scrape the barrel of her mind for more, but she was also curious about what Kou thought of in moments like these.

"Uhh... yeah... that's the one," Kou said tentatively. He found it difficult to admit he enjoyed such a game, but he also found it surprising that Miki didn't expect it. He was actually surprised Miki played the game he spoke of, considering why he'd first taken an interest. Luckily, she moved on rather quickly to mention the more normal experience one would have playing such a game as what they were in now. She'd also run out of categories, and asked if Kou had any in mind. "Sou desu ka. Well... I guess I can come up with one? Uhh... we're gamers, so... worst experience from a game?"

They spoke about the games they liked playing on mobile phones and Miki didn't see anything potentially wrong with Kou playing a dating sim. She figured he liked the story or the characters and there was nothing wrong with that considering why she watched most series. There was also her guilty pleasures series, so she couldn't really argue any point about someone else's tastes. As they moved past this, Miki was confronted with a different kind of question, she thought about it for a moment and there were two instances she'd consider equally bad for different reasons. "Hm... the worst, there are two. One is bad for general reasons and one is a different kind of bad, both of them made me give up on a game," she said. "My solo worst experience was in this Bleach game. It was Dynasty Warriors style hack-n-slash so nothing too crazy. But you get to play with your favorite characters. I put in hundreds of hours on this game, like it was the best thing ever to me. I played it way too much. And right before I got the platinum trophy unlock, on my last mission... my game crashed. No big deal right? Reloaded the game... my save data was corrupted. I literally had to start over from nothing... I just didn't have it in me to take a game like that from the beginning again. So, much time lost and so much wasted effort... it killed my buzz for that type of game for a long while," Miki admitted. That one was not terribly harsh but it was a big blow to her early gaming career. Even as a causal losing that much data wasn't worth it to her.

"My worst coop experience was when I was playing GTA Online. I know... not the kind of game you play with other people. It encourages trolling and all kinds of other dumb stuff. But it was one of my early multiplayer experiences and it is the reason I learned some important things. Anyways, I set myself up, joined a 'nice' group and just played for fun with those people. We had this weird thing were if you messaged someone, they'd get a group together and lock out a whole bunch of random trolls so you could do your major sales and stuff without so much risk. Well... I did one of these, I was saving up for something stupid, like I dunno a Yacht. Anyways, I ran some missions with a small group of people, I didn't know everyone but it was cool... so I stop doing missions for a while to run a couple of things solo, for my 'business'. Let everyone know in chat so they can get some XP if they want to join up with me for a bit. Only a couple of people do... whatever. Eventually, one of the people I was playing with before comes back and feels like I dunno, I abandoned him or something... even though he didn't say he wanted in on my little business venture in chat. So... while I was doing something in a small mission. He blew up my car. Then my drugs, then just followed me around the map killing me. I went into passive mode, done with the whole thing, and changed lobbies. He showed up in that one... found me on the map and just kept killing me every time I spawned. Sending me annoying messages, telling everyone in the group I'd started it and it was pay back. The game got really toxic. I just wanted an imaginary Gang-Star life~ Jo-jo style. And the game became so shit for me I gave up on it completely. Unfriended everyone from that game, uninstalled it, and made it impossible to message me through my system network, because I was done. And I played solo games for a while after that..." Miki explained her two worst experiences as a person playing games so far in her life and shrugged it off. "What about you? What's your worst gaming experience?" she followed up. She didn't seem bothered about her story, but knew it was probably a bit heavy for general conversation. At the same time she couldn't really lie about it either.

Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast