Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: The Kingdom of Eonis

Miki had not just one, but two tales to tell about her horrible gaming experiences. The first was certainly something gamers of any classification could relate to, at least as a fear. Kou had a similar experience to share as his worst of all time, but first came Miki's tirade about a player-based experience in a game that had been very popular for the last five years or so. "You say GTA, and I'm pretty sure I already know where this is going," he said, though he continued to listen intently. True enough, Miki's experience was about normal for one who experienced the fury of trolls in the online community of that game especially. Hers was different in that there was some sense of retaliation in the troll's mind, but at the root of it all, it was the same old tale. "That kind of shit is why I gave up on GTA. Exactly what I thought it would be, for the most part. My experience is a lot like yours was with Soul Ignition. Well... it was sort of my fault. I was playing Darksiders II. Fuckin' loved that game. I went to the Crucible, sort of a survival mode for 100 rounds. It took a lot of grinding to get my build right, until I eventually made it to the boss at the end. I would have finished a legendary set if I beat it, but I had to leave to go to the store or something for my sister... so I left my console on. I usually don't do that, so when I got back home, I instinctively reached out to turn the system on like I always do... and JUST as I pressed the button, I realized I was turning it off instead. I hadn't even saved since before I changed my build to something better, and I couldn't even remember what it was. I got the 'Deathinitive' edition of the game as a present when it came out later, but I still haven't touched it since..."

Miki had said what she needed to about GTA, and it seemed that Kou could relate on the general level of unnecessary trolling done in that particular community. To be fair, it was so bad that Miki couldn't trust anything released by that company at all, and hadn't bothered looking into any more of their merchandise since. As they moved along, Kou told the tale which was one she could understand as a gamer and as a creature of habit. Though it was turned on its head, as he stated that it was his habits that were his downfall. Deleting your own progress accidentally like that was something she'd never even considered as an option. "Damn, that sucks. Like I can't even describe how bad that sucks... I feel for you..." she said and she meant this truly. He had to have felt betrayed, by himself, his console and the universe in general. As she sat quietly thereafter she found another question in her mind. "What's your favorite mindless game? You know, like something that you don't really have to concentrate on but that you could load up and play for a couple of hours at random just to unwind?"

"Yeah... it was a bad day for me overall," he said, summarizing numerous unmentioned events during the mentioned day. With a sigh, Kou moved on. Up next for discussion was another topic of video games, particularly one which required no real thought to play... one which a person like Kou, in his human life, would commit hours upon hours playing, until he eventually blacked out from sleep deprivation. Of course, a game immediately came to mind. "Sims. No question, Sims. I would have said Minecraft a few years ago, but that got boring to me after I killed the Ender Dragon. Portal Knights seemed pretty fun too, but... no one to play with, and it's not an amazing solo experience."

Kou's thoughts about his bad day seemed to extend to something he didn't share. But since he didn't share it, Miki didn't push it... it wasn't really in her nature to pry and she completely understood what bad days could be like, both in and outside of games. As their topic of conversation shifted once again she found herself once more surprised by the sort of games that Kou enjoyed. He admitted to mindlessly playing the Sims for hours. While Miki played the Sims it was never really her go to for hours at a time. "Sou ka... that's pretty interesting. I play the Sims from time to time but I never really played for extended periods of time. My favorite mindless game is No Man's Sky. And yeah, I know its basically an unfinished space travel sandbox, but... there is something really randomly cool about traveling to planets, cataloging creatures and plants and learning new languages. I spend hours doing that even though I know there isn't much else to it. Before that I also played way too much Minecraft, but I feel like it lost its luster once I knew how to take care of myself... there wasn't any danger anymore after I figured out how to play properly..." she said missing the nostalgia of the old games she played when they were new to her. "Never tried Portal Knights, but it looked okay. I downloaded it while it was free... but I haven't gotten around to playing it," she mentioned of that. "Oh and Diablo 3. I occasionally just start a solo season in that because I know the story and I think it's fun to just play through and enjoy it again..." she said knowing that was one of her favorites. She wasn't sure she had an immediate extra thing to say just yet though, so she held her thoughts after adding this bit as she tried to rack her brain for more things to discuss.

"No Man's Sky, huh? So basically... space Minecraft, without the crafting part. It's space mining. With spaceships." Kou had made an attempt to enjoy the game of which Miki spoke, but his entertainment was not long-lived. Overall, he could call it a mediocre experience after realizing how many resources throughout the random generator were repeated. "That's one hell of a guilty pleasure. I thought about trying that one after the updates. Actually, I played it thinking the updates would come soon after release... and they didn't. So, I gave up," he summarized. With that, he finally leaned back in his chair again. He didn't realize any earlier that he'd fallen out of his relaxed posture, but now that he did, he was quick to reclaim it. In doing so, he also took the liberty of continuing the discussion. "Diablo is great. I go back to play every season until I top the leaderboards. So... uhh... favorite... food? I like a good Udon with miso. Or... anything with miso."

"Fair." Miki said, she couldn't really argue about No Man's Sky being space minecraft. That being said, she also had no idea why it counted as a guilty pleasure. It was a pretty bad game, but it was also mindless and sometimes she didn't really want to think, she just wanted to do. "It's not that guilty of a pleasure... it's like a medium one..." she said with a joking tone and a quick nod of her head. "And it took a year or two but the interesting stuff is finally happening. Bases, actual ability to play together, etc... I kinda feel like they had to sell the game to complete it. Should have just called it a beta and taken donations..." she said of the game they'd been speaking of. Soon enough, Kou retook his comfortable position and leaned back, taking it upon himself to ask another question. This time he wished to know the lass' favorite food while positing that his own was Udon with miso and also anything with miso. She thought about it and she didn't dislike miso at all. "I like miso a lot myself... but I think my favorite food ever is Onigiri. It's one of the few things I know how to make myself... " she mentioned thinking about being taught how to make it as one of the few happy memories she had with her parents before. "I like it with umeboshi... okaka or miso. I guess what I put in them or get put in them, depends on how I am feeling," she finished up with a chuckle. Since they seemed to be on a swing towards things not entirely gaming related, she asked a different question. "Uh... what's your favorite....season?" she asked thinking about it she shared her own. "I enjoy winter... the snow is always really nice," she said, though there were other reasons for that as well.

Miki defended the game in question by addressing the changes that had been made to it in more recent times. In Kou's opinion, it was something done too late by the developers to catch his interest. "A beta would have made it better, but... I dunno, I just can't get past the salt. Maybe one day, if that's even possible anymore." Kou sighed, thinking the one negative to being stuck in this world was the inability to complete various games and series. If he had to make a choice for worlds to literally delve into though, he would have picked this game regardless. Either way, the food topic produced an answer from Miki which caused Kou to nod in agreement. "Onigiri's a good one. Actually, I don't know what I said Udon for... Soba's my favorite. Guess I've just got a craving for Udon right now..." With a shrug, Kou moved on again. The topic of favorite season was presented by Miki, and she voiced winter to be her own. "Yeah, that. Snow is my favorite weather, and there's nothing better than falling asleep when it's cold outside and you've got a nice, warm bed to get into. Besides, summer sucks."

This pair continued talking and Kou voiced one of those unsaid thoughts. It appeared he might have been too salty to go back to the game in question. That was fine, because Miki understood this, beyond that though he amended his favorite food, going on to explain he seemed to just have a craving for it when he mentioned it, while praising Miki's own taste. A point of commonality was soon found as Miki mentioned her favorite season and Kou agreed with it. Even going on to mention a favored scenario and to mention that the summer sucks. "Ugh, you're right... it's too hot during the summer. Spring is alright except for the pollen and autumn is also alright because of the coolness," she said. Thinking about it more she supposed she had more life related questions for Kou as they'd not done as much talking before and she'd never really had these sorts of conversations before either. "Uh... Favorite Type of Music?" she asked of the lad, music was just as important as any other facet of life to Miki. Especially seeing she enjoyed the background noise when she was alone.

"Ugh! Pollen is the worst. I don't have to deal with it often since I don't go out much, otherwise spring would be my least favorite. Stupid shit that's there just because it has to be, but all it does is piss me off," he ranted briefly, stopping because the talk of pollen reminded him of a character he disliked, not from an anime, manga or video game, but from a newer novel series. "... Fuck Dacian," he muttered, nearly under his breath. His favorite music was in question for the next category. This required a few moments of thought from Kou, but in taking those moments, he came to a firm conclusion. "I gotta say... I prefer alternative to anything. Yours?"

As they progressed in the conversation it seemed Kou had some very serious things to say about the pollen. Miki wasn't terribly affected by it, but she also had been on medication for her allergy season since she was a small child. A chuckle escaped Miki because she couldn't help it, it was funny how upset something as simple as pollen made the lad. His words about Dacian a character from a book were initially glossed over by Miki who wasn't used to anyone being able to reference such things. They discussed musical tastes and Miki nodded. "Alternative is pretty good. I think soft rock...and jazz. Jazz definitely for sleeping. And usually soft..." she stopped talking again and thought about the previous sentence. "Wait. Wait. Wait... Fuck Dacian?" she blinked a few times her eyes widening as she realized something. "You read Translyvania?! Really? It's like my favorite new novel series!!~" she seemed to be really excited rather suddenly. She couldn't help but find this to be the most interesting discovery of her day.

Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast