Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: The Kingdom of Eonis

"My ass it's a giant mace!" Karna replied flippantly. "It's a normal-sized staff... Also a giant key, but that's not the point! You use those to casts spells and shit, not bash people's faces in! At least enchant it or something if you're gonna do that!" he concluded. Meanwhile, Kou wondered what the princess could even be thinking when placing an artifact inside her staff if she intended to use it in such a way, though the act alone was not the worst of ideas. "Yeah, I'll do it, but..." Kou paused to lift his hand and point his thumb in Miki's direction. "Like she said. What's in it for me? I don't need more money." Interestingly enough, Hikari managed to interject by pointing out what she believed to be the intentions of Madoka. Kou sighed, though he also smiled and chuckled at the antics of the sister he remembered. "Girl's intuition," He added/corrected before he decided to leave well enough alone there, and address Miki's plan to fixing the staff and egg. "You want to give passive magical abilities to a Caster? Seems a little doting to me. I was going to replace the missing pieces of the Artifact entirely, but... putting the missing pieces on the crown might actually be the perfect thing to fix that build," Kou mentioned, holding a hand to his chin whilst processing his own thoughts and ideas alongside Miki's assertions.

"Eh, you're so rude!" the princess said, seeming to have a problem with Karna. While, Miki agreed that Karna wasn't necessarily to everyone's taste, the lad wasn't really a bad guy, and even Miki realized this. Meanwhile, it seemed the raccoon child was very serious about no moves being made at Kou, and Miki found that funny as well. Perhaps the girl was related in some way, Kou even went on to try and change the girl's words about her woman's intuition. Hikari looked at the lad with a huff. "I said what I said!~" she commented flippantly. Madoka was in a very strange position after a few moments, she could easily provide Miki with the gold she wanted to help in fixing her weapon, but she wasn't sure what someone like Kou would even want. "Ano, I don't really know what you'd like, you are already a Knight. But if it is within my power to grant it, I will," Madoka said firmly. She realized of course, that you couldn't get something for nothing, and that she'd been a bit outlandish to them initially. She'd been trying to do better, but it didn't really seem to be working in her favor.

Meanwhile, Kou and Miki talked over the actual schematics of the things they wanted to do, when mentioned that she was doting on a caster who had the magical base abilities, Miki shook her head gently. "I wasn't thinking full helmet-build or anything, maybe just scan so she had some understanding when a fight isn't winnable. Anti-decay for the artifact, only because I don't really intend to return all of the pieces. They register as ultra-rare loot... I can't just give them all back. Besides, I figure, if the crown is put together by you, she might have an easier time channeling the magical abilities of the weapon until she can shift her abilities some," said Miki which seemed to her as a solid a plan as any. If Kou agreed, and secured his own payment, she'd begin working with a few of the shards, while handing over the crown to Kou.

"Is it rude if I'm right? No. No it isn't," Karna stated clearly whilst turning up his nose to the princess. On Kou's end of things, Madoka agreed to pay tribute to his assistance as well, so long as it was within her power to make an offering. The white-haired Adventurer grinned in a way that could almost be considered devious"Oh? Well then, what I need is Dragon Glass." Though he knew this to be an outlandish request to make of anyone, especially one so bound to a single location, Kou reached out with the intention of claiming the keystaff Madoka wielded. In the meantime, he looked toward Miki and held out a hand meant to claim some of the egg shards as well. "I guess that should be fine. Re-imagining the build would be better off, but something like Scan should do a ton of heavy lifting. I can enchant the staff to passively draw and accumulate Mana until the learning curve is addressed."

According to Karna he hadn't been rude, he'd only told the truth, this of course made Miki have to stifle another giggle, and even Hikari had to do the same. In Hikari's mind, the angry-eyed man wasn't nearly as bad as this princess, so he was winning the dispute. Regardless of the fun and games, it seemed that Kou was content to ask for something which no one on the planet could rightly get. The eyes of the Princess widened as he asked for something she didn't have and didn't really know how to get. "Ugh? Dragon Glass?! There aren't even any dragons anymore, no one can even get Dragon Glass!" claimed Madoka. 'Baka, of all of the things he could ask for, he asks me for something I don't know how to give him...' thought Madoka as her hands went up to the sides of her head and she pressed against the sides of her skull trying to wrack her brain for potential answers. 'Come on, think! Think! It has to be somewhere right?!' she seemed to be struggling a bit. She'd told the lad she could provide him something within her power, how on earth did he expect her to be able to come up with something like Dragon Glass. While Madoka freaked out trying to figure out to provide the thing that Kou had asked for, Miki shook her head from left to right.

"Her head might explode trying to figure out how to get you Dragon Glass," she said snickering. Of course, in the meantime, she applied a few runes to a single stone to give the ability Scan. It took her a few moments, but she was able to hand over those pieces and a few others to Kou without much hassle. "That ought to do it for my part of it," she said calmly. She began thinking over the lad's desire for Dragon Glass and wondered what he intended to do if the Princess couldn't actually provide it, it was very likely she wouldn't be able to, given that she had spent the whole of her time in this area. That being said, she did have an artifact, which meant she had to know where at least some semblance of Dragon influence had been in this area, since all the artifacts were related to dragons in one way or another.

Madoka was of the belief that there was no one capable of retrieving Dragon Glass, yet Kou's desire was firm. "I beg to differ. You have all the tools and abilities you need to get Dragon Glass, and I need as much as you can get me. Gambatte~" he said in an almost sinister tone, despite the smile on his face. Leaving the topic behind for the moment, he took in hand the fragments Miki offered, and immediately began funneling his own Mana through the bunch. He'd yet to receive the staff from Madoka, but perhaps she simply wasn't sure of her ability to meet his demands. Continuing to hold out his hand, he offered one more query to the princess. "So, what's it gonna be? I need Dragon Glass, and you need the ability to go get it... and to lead this kingdom, right? I'd say your best move, for multiple reasons, is to take the deal."

The sinister look on the lad's face went unnoticed by Madoka, but it just made Miki laugh again. There was something about the exchange between Madoka and Kou in this moment which seemed to clear something up in the mind of Miki, which she decided to keep to herself for the moment. 'Sou ka... he believes in me!~' Madoka's eyes sparkled, as she tried to think through this situation. It didn't seem like it would work though, she had nothing outright to offer the lad, but she saw nothing sinister in his outlook. He was still holding out his hand for the staff, even though they hadn't yet come to an agreement. 'He'll help me now... if I offer to help him later? Huh... I guess that makes him a better politician than I am... but I do need to be able to keep a hold of this place and... obviously I am in no position to argue currently,' thought Madoka. This of course, only made her more inclined to like the white-haired Knight. "Hai! I'll offer my assistance when the time comes to help you get the Dragon Glass you need, in exchange for your help now..." she said extending the staff to the lad to get it fixed up in whatever way possible. 'That's the way... guaranteeing help for later is an interesting method. Sounds like an unnecessary debt to me, but I am used to being able to do things for myself... I guess, working together is always a useful option,' she thought with appreciation. Hikari managed to simply look pouty this entire time, "Damn it took long enough... that was a simple one," she commented about the situation in a way which would leave one to believe she knew what was going on the entire time.

"I figured as much," Kou said as he took hold of the staff. The six crystal fragments he held in his opposite hand had already gained an ethereal glow that was beginning to sink in, and a simple movement of them toward the crown - alongside a similar glow in Kou's eyes - the shards were bound to the bottom of Madoka's crown. A bit more attention was paid to the staff than this, as Kou placed in on the floor and knelt over it to perform an enchantment that seemed more like a ritual of some sort. While performing this enchantment, Kou was a bit taken aback by the sensation the staff gave him. "This staff is its own type of Artifact. It's giving me more magical feedback than anything else I've ever touched, and you were swinging it around like that? Bad move," he stated blandly, unable to withhold his honesty in the midst of his shock.

It seemed that Madoka had reached the right conclusion, and beyond that, Kou had started on his actual work with the staff and crown. She watched with wide eyes as he took on an ethereal glow and worked with the pieces, beyond that he seemed to have something to say about her choice in techniques. She managed to look a bit embarrassed by being told such a thing, in such a direct manner. "I mean... I didn't know that, it is a mace. I built like a warrior," said the white haired lass, as she crossed her arms over her chest. Miki couldn't help but look a bit abashed on the other person's behalf, while she also thought Madoka's choices were bad, she didn't have a good way to say it. As such she thought to leave this part to Kou, "Fine then, what do you suggest?" she asked of the lad, though she seemed a bit haughty she was willing to try and take some advice, particularly when Kou wasn't being overly aggressive when presenting it. In the meantime, Miki had her weapon transform back into a pillow and sat atop it, willing to just watch until such a time as her input was necessary.

It seemed Madoka was content to keep addressing the keystaff as if it were a mace. Karna fully intended to chime in at this moment, but Kou had already begun shaking his head. Karna had already opened his mouth and raised his right forefinger to stress his point, though hearing Kou begin to speak led him to pause. "It's not a mace. This is literally one of the most magically-inclined weapons you could have chosen. Warrior Caster, right? That's the opposite of my classing, but I chose mine knowing exactly what I wanted: the magical power of a Mage, and the sword skill of Saber. You have the strength of a Warrior, but the magical skill of Caster..." As Kou continued speaking, he seemed to reach an incredible level of focus. Such was the case when he spoke of classing in video games and the like. "Your magic is weaker than it could be, so you can't expect your class to produce any high-tier spells. There might be physical strength, but there isn't enough skill with weapons to supplement it. Max DPS always requires playing your class to its design. The strength of a Warrior, paired with the skill of Caster has the power to fight an army. It can be done using this weapon for melee, but that would require a set of skills meant to protect and empower the staff and its wielder. Supplementary skills are the only way to win with a build like yours."

Madoka was left to stare wondrously as Kou explained the true nature of her weapon. It seemed she'd been thinking about her build the wrong way the entire time, she hadn't built with any particular thing in mind, she wasn't a hardcore gamer or anything of the sort. As such she took everything at face value and was content to play the way the game offered her. "Sou ka..." Madoka said, she didn't know anyone thought about games to the extent that the lad before her was claiming he did. And it seemed that all he was saying was indeed correct. She listened intently trying to piece together what was wrong with her build based on what Kou was saying. "So you're saying, I am built wrong for the way I am fighting... and if I wanted to be a warrior like what I thought, then I should have picked some support skills instead of all attacks?" she reasoned seeming to understand at least a bit. There wasn't much to be done about this right at the moment, but she supposed she could try to re-spec to fix her current issues.

All the while, Miki watched the amount of focus that Kou showed while making his explanation. 'Ah, he's really good at talking to people... I couldn't think of a nice way to say anything like that... might leave him to that sort of thing, it's a good set of skills to have actually,' Miki thought to herself as she watched the lad intently. All the while, Hikari stared at the goings on with the abject curiosity of a child, when her eyes settled on Miki, she could very easily see her watching Kou and given the blonde lass' disposition she could even surmise that she liked the boy. 'Hm, there is a girl who is interested in my brother not simply for what he can do for her... chances like this don't come along often,' she thought to herself. 'I could be wrong I guess, it hasn't been that long, I should watch more carefully,' there was a devious look in the raccoon girl's eyes as she decided upon her course of action. "Miki-nee, can I sit with you?" the girl asked of the young woman atop her pillow. It was in this moment, that Miki's eyes shifted away from Kou for a few seconds, she looked at the girl and lowered the pillow a bit. "Sure." and with this the small raccoon child jumped atop the pillow and settled in with Miki content to watch and rest her legs for a bit. 'First test... pass!~' she thought.

Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast