Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: The Kingdom of Eonis

"Urusai! If I dodge the princess, I fail the quest. Time and place, Hikari," Kou said to the Demi-human after their palms made contact with one another. He was more than ready to be done with this entire ordeal, so naturally, he was prepared to depart almost immediately. The Ryuuko, Xerxes, was to be summoned beneath him. "Remember to keep everyone else around you from fucking up, as well~" he said as he made his way.

While the other two left, Arjuna decided to speak again. This princess of Eonis seemed to have gotten herself into quite a slump over the antics of others in the group. He understood why the Demi-human was allowed to refer to them by such titles, beyond any distaste they may have harbored for Madoka. As such, he commented on the matter. "It is my understanding that she is the Geno Killer's legitimate sibling. Why does this trouble you?"

Continue Adventure with Kou Here.
    Continue Adventure with Miki Here.

"Baka-nii, you know good and well that isn't what I meant. Though, never mind..." whatever thought the Demi-Human lass had, she'd keep to herself for now. She didn't really think she had to caution her brother against the wiles of women in video games. Whatever the case, she'd trust him to to get too caught up in the quest line thus ruining her chances to have a proper older sister, only to leave her stuck with one of those 'princess' types. She was also cautioned to make sure she kept everyone in line, and she'd keep to that without any further prompting. "Yosh! Gotta be impressive today. I haven't gotten to do much of anything since I joined up. Come on people, we must aim to exceed expectations!~" she chimed putting forth her best effort to begin helping to fix the problems of the Kingdom of Eonis.

In the meantime the down trodden Princess Madoka was left to watch the departure of Kou and Miki in their opposite directions atop different mounts apparently to go and retrieve her adopted family members. It would be Arjuna who spoke directly to the lass, choosing to help her through her apparent depression by pointing out some information she was missing. "Really!? They are actually related... well I guess it's less upsetting..." she said seeming to still be pouting. She supposed that given what the lad had gone through to add the Demi-Human to his party, it would make sense if they hadn't just met in this place. It still didn't really explain the closeness between him and Miki though. The lass was still constantly being confronted with the idea that Kou just didn't like her, thus ruining her Princess/White Knight fantasy. And she couldn't help but think Miki had something to do with it. What did the blonde lass have that got her acknowledged as an equal that Madoka didn't have? She didn't know. She wasn't jealous of the girl. Madoka had a more voluptuous figure, a place as a Princess, and she was even kind-hearted. What was the reason behind the lad not seeming to like her, why did his younger sister also not like her. These were the things that would plague the mind of Princess Madoka. "You... you like me right?" she asked of the dark-skinned newcomer. Perhaps she just needed affirmation that she was attractive and not completely aghast in some way she didn't understand.

Arjuna seemed entirely impassive while conversing with Madoka. She seemed to have quite a few issues that went well beyond the amount of 'fantasy' most players sought in this alternate reality life. What was he to do about her reaction? Karna would never have initiated this conversation in the first place, at least not in the manner Arjuna had. In fact, Karna would have purposefully withheld all vital information, choosing instead to tease the princess. "Yes, beyond this world, they have a connection. I am relatively certain it is a true sibling bond," Arjuna commented. There was more, though. Madoka questioned whether the Archer liked her or not, prompting his brow to elevation. What was the logical reasoning behind this question, or even any of her issues during this time of crisis? Whatever the case, he responded in kind. "I hold no grudge against you, nor do I take personal issue with your behavior. However, I do believe now should be a time of focus toward helping the people of this kingdom. Hikari, I have reason to believe you should take charge here."

True sibling bond? That meant they were actually related, brother and sister. Alright. Madoka could work with that, it meant that the lass wasn't of romantic competition. Perhaps then, getting on the Demi-Human's good side could work out in her favor. After all, being chummy with people's siblings was always a good way to ingratiate yourself into the group. Beyond this, there was a sincere bit of happiness in the white-haired lass, because apparently this Arjuna didn't dislike her and that was good enough for now. He claimed now to be a time of focus, and immediately deferred to the Demi-Human girl, a bit of puff came to the Princess' cheeks. She'd been doing all of this on her own. She was fine deferring to Kou and Miki. The pair had already proved they had a decent idea of what was going on, and could do everything she could do way better. Was she really just supposed to give up her command right now to Hikari? The Demi-Human girl who was also Kou's little sister, seemed to already be planning out a rescue mission. One which didn't make any sense to her.

"Alright, Miki-nee said the Church needed to be evacuated. It's right in the middle of town and open on all sides. No telling how many people are in there," she said softly looking at a rough outline of the Kingdom she'd made on the ground. Jaskier was on one side of her looking at the drawing wondering what exactly the lass planned to do. "Obviously, if we can convince all of the people to march out calmly we could protect them from all sides as they moved through town," she said. "Ah but stuff like this is never that easy... Sensei, you could take care of any straggling Demons if we needed to move a mass of people right? And Diva, you can protect the actual people from like projectiles and things?" she asked of Arjuna and Diva respectively. There had to be a better plan than this. The Demi-Human began pacing her ears and tail twitching. She had to make use of everyone she had available. Jaskier could obviously help keep the spirits of the people up once they were settled. The Princess could provide support and all but... There had to be a better way to move a mass of people. And it was right here in front of her. What was it? Madoka seemed a bit distraught. "Why would the Church need to be evacuated? They've been holding up there for almost a week. They have food and supplies and the walls are sturdy. Demons can't cross the path, it'd be better to leave them. Set up a perimeter for the night. Maybe try a rescue in the morning." Madoka said offering her own opinion. The still pacing Demi-Human looked up at the lass and frowned.

"BAKA! Miki-nee said the Blessings of the Church fail without faith. If they've been watching death and darkness for a full week, they won't be able to keep their spirits up. Even if they could..." she paused her movements and stared at the other lass. "We can't protect two fronts at the same time. The farm itself is fortified in a way that it doesn't matter what the people believe when they are in it. As long as they are there, they are protected and healing. Demons can't cross the lines so we don't have to worry about infiltration... " she summarized. Given the information had come from Miki, Hikari trusted it implicitly. "But we don't know that the barrier will last!" the white haired lass complained. She'd done enough of the Church's interactions to believe in them and in this situation really wanted to be helpful. How as she supposed to make this girl like her, if she wouldn't even listen? "Tell her defending the Church and this place isn't a bad idea..." Madoka said hoping for some back up. A scoff came from the Demi-Human as she went back to pondering the potential movements of people. Her ears twitched and she looked up seeing the still playing full sized Fiona. "Shit! I FUCKING GOT IT!!! I need a cart. BIG CART, EMPTY. COME ON CHICKEN, IT'S YOUR TIME TO SHINE!!" Her idea was fully ready all it would take now was for the rest of the group to realize where she was going, or she would explain, it didn't matter, but they had a limited amount of time to work with.

Taking the prompt to lead this group, Hikari produced a plan of attack that she seemed to have already been working on. Clearly, the princess of this kingdom was taking issue with not being in charge herself. Arjuna, for one, knew who the better fit for leadership was among those present. Brandishing his bow, Arjuna nodded his acceptance of Hikari's idea, and spoke on the matter of the part he could play in it. "As I recall from the last time Karna was here, there are a number of good vantage points in this kingdom. I could easily handle lesser Demons from a distance here," he said. One other who had a part to play was Diva, whom Hikari expected to protect escaping citizens. "Hai," Diva spoke. It had only been recently, but he had acquired the ability to use his Guardians far from Atlantis. It was now within his power to protect numerous people from harm.

Ah, but Madoka took issue in a more intense manner than even Arjuna anticipated. Was this why the others had such problems with her? He could only imagine so. "Defending the Church and the farm at once is not a beneficial strategy. We would be spreading our numbers and ability thin. If the Church's barrier weakens, and the horde attacks this place at the same time, we will all die," he surmised. Just then, Hikari's outburst reached his ear. She needed... a cart? Ah, yes. Fiona was a Filolial, and they were primarily used for caravans and the like. If they had a cart, the large Filolial could easily carry multiple humans and objects in tow. "That sounds perfect. We are on a farm; there should be something fitting nearby, yes?"

It seemed that Arjuna was more than appreciative of the idea which Hikari put forth. Diva also agreed to play this role as general support to any particular moving operation. All seemed to be leading up to a pretty smooth operation to evacuate the people before sunset. That was until, Madoka opened up her mouth to speak on the lack of necessity about the evacuation. Hikari explained the necessity and Arjuna even backed her up, but this only seemed to serve to further Madoka's personal sense of victimhood. Tears streamed downt he white haired lass' face and she managed to look more distraught than ever before. "But... But...." what could she do to argue. She hadn't meant to put forth a bad idea, she'd only been trying to get some common ground with the Demi-Human girl so she could perhaps use that good will to get in better with her brother. Was this so wrong?

In the meantime, Hikari watched the Princess' tears even as Fiona in her large bird form, seemed excited by the prospect of pulling a cart. Everyone who needed to agree to things was set to do their job. "I know I didn't mention you Jaskier, but I feel like I may need you a bit more after we get all of the people. Music eases tensions, I am technically giving you the job of keeping spirits high, after everyone's arrival..." Hikari added at the end. The bard simply nodded. He didn't really expect to be included in the plan but he was more than willing to do something so small as play a few songs to keep the spirits of everyone up. Everyone seemed to be going about their jobs, even as the princess shed a great deal of tears. "This isn't fair!! It wasn't supposed to go like this... I was just trying to get you to like me," she cried aloud for all to hear. This made Jaskier's eyes widen as he had no idea where this outburst came from. Fiona didn't seem to care one way or another, but Hikari was now without any further patience for the Princess' whining and crying.

"Why?!" A single word question posed by Hikari was as ruthless as her earlier commentary and came with a certain grit that she'd not actually been shown using with anyone before this point. Madoka had thought the girl was being mean to her before, with this new found attitude she wasn't really certain how to respond. There was definitely a reason she was trying to befriend the Demi-Human but she felt it wasn't for the best to be honest about it. "Oh? You're quiet now? Let me guess... Somewhere in that stupid head of yours you decided to befriend me, so I'd hook you up with my brother?" she said right on the mark so much that Madoka couldn't keep the look of surprise off her face. Hikari on the other hand was absolutely disgusted. "Let me save you the trouble. He's too good for you, and I wouldn't do it with my dying breath... " she said with the flattest tone. She walked right up to the Princess' still shocked expressed and reached up with her right hand issuing a slap front hand to her left cheek and backhand to her right in rapid succession. "Read the fucking room and pay attention. Either you are going to put on your big girl panties, and figure out a way to actually be helpful to us and your fucking Kingdom. Or you are gonna sit your ass down somewhere and wait like the Damsel-in-Distress you are. There aren't any other options. This isn't a game anymore, lives are at stake. No one has time for your stupid Romance RP White-Knight-Please-Save-Me-Bullshit!" Hikari finished her rant and stared at the lass with nothing but distaste. "Buck up or Get Carried and shut up!"

Arjuna would have shared a few more words with the princess of this kingdom, but it seemed there was no need at all. No, Hikari appeared to lose what little patience she had for the white-haired lass, and gave her quite the earful as a result. "Should we not be... progressing?" Arjuna said, having it in him at the time to heave a sigh. Though these words were ones an individual such as Madoka needed to hear at some point, time was of the essence. His bow was at the ready for whenever they mobilized.

In the meantime, there was another presence near the church. Lancelot, of the world above, had finally caught up to this location after following Miki's trail. Much to his chagrin, he saw no signs of the person bound to Gugalanna. How did she continue to elude him? He'd traveled far, and at every turn, he encountered only remnants of her presence. Now, he even found the kingdom of Eonis to be in great peril. What could be happening here? As a knight, could he ignore this situation while striving to complete his given task? Perhaps he couldn't...

Deflated. That is how Madoka felt at this present moment. Tears had started a new, but no sound accompanied them. The last time someone had yelled at her like this, it had been Kou because she'd been ignoring the Kingdom. Now his younger sister had basically called her trash and figured out her entire plan and completely thwarted it in a matter of seconds. She might have been in awe of her abilities if it didn't contradict her whims at such a great extent. "Yeah, I know. It's covered, it was a message that needed to be delivered right here and now," she said calmly. Strangely, Fiona walked up pulling behind her a cart with her large body, seemingly happy about the task. While, Hikari had been giving Madoka an earful about her responsibilities, Fiona had proved herself a better team member than anyone could ask for. "Farmer said this is mine now!~ I can drag lots of people... let's go get them!" said the Filolial happy to be included and useful. "Yosh! Chicken out here, pulling her weight, let's go guys. Jaskier you stay here. See if you can't help with the set up. Diva, Sensei... we ride to the Church!" she said happily taking up the reigns to aim Fiona towards the western gate. There was no need to go around and no ceremony to stand upon. They had to get going and get these people whether the Princess sulked or not was none of her concern. Madoka, didn't currently know what to do, so as the others apparently readied themselves to go, she wept silently as the whole work kept moving around her.

If the group was on their way, surely they'd be in sight of this new knight at some point. As he a friend or foe? Perhaps that didn't matter at present.

True to what was commonly spoken about Filolials, Fiona was very, very excited to pull a cart, it seemed. Diva took his place in the back of the cart, while Arjuna merely glanced at it and shook his head. Being inside the cart wasn't ideal for his role, so he hopped atop it instead. His eyes were keen, and he intended to use them while they made their way into the kingdom. En route, though, there was indeed a pair of eyes to be caught by this cart and its passengers. Lancelot paused all movements while watching the cart pass him by. He couldn't just watch this kingdom fall to whatever ailed it at present, and this group was clearly one which endeavored to be of assistance. Could he leave it to them, then? No, the chivalry of a knight was too strong in him. As such, he began running after the cart with an arm raised to wave down its passengers. "Oi! If you're going in to save the kingdom, let me join you! I am a knight; I can help!"

Arjuna was on top of the cart and Hikari was driving. Well, that was an over approximation, Fiona was pulling this cart with all the happiness and pride of a small child with a new toy. Though that seemed to be working to their advantage as far as speed and control was concerned. But, like many things, this would have to be slowed as they were soon flagged down by a Knight. She slowed the now pouting Filolial, and looked at the Knight quizzically. "You want to help? Fine, doing better than that princess. Get in, I'll explain on the way!" she said as they continued. They'd be making their way to the church in record time and Hikari would begin trying to explain the plan to this newcomer. If he got in he'd receive an info-dump worth of names and information about their current plan.

"Our group has a plan to save the Kingdom. But two of our members had to go get some more pieces to make it work. In the meantime, we are going to save the people in the church and make sure the potential battlefield is clear," she said quickly. "We have an Archer, Arjuna above for support. The guy in the back is Diva he's a mage, and on support and protection. I'm Hikari, I'm driving and the stand-in brains of this operation. Who are you? And what kinda role are you good for in this?" she asked of the man seeming to want to cut straight to the chase. She could have been a bit more suspicious but she figured that this situation was desperate enough that she didn't want to risk turning down some potential good help just because the world and town were sketchy. There was too much at stake and she wanted to make sure that she didn't let anyone ruin this, and they were technically down whatever usefulness the Princess could have had here. The Knight could fill-in potentially.

Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast