Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: The Kingdom of Eonis

As they discussed the Ryuuko, the merchant slid his offer for the pair's items across the table. Considering it a single sale, he offered enough to grant both Adventurers enough to leave them with just about 200 Silvers each after adding to what they already owned. Kou viewed this amount of coin and pinned it as legitimately being an excellent deal. Even though this place being a black market outpost was something to be skeptical of, he couldn't rightly deny the coin. "Alright, so we can get a few shots at this. Take a hundred of my Silvers right away, and show me what you're talking about," Kou said without much of a second thought. As the merchant cleared the table, he wore an unseen grin beneath his scarf. The emptied counter top would be filled by a long box-like device which held a circular platform at its center and various insignia around said platform to fill its most prominent side. "Got something of a game here for you Stranger. Just put your mana into it there, and your Luck will show what you win," spoke the merchant.

With a sigh, Kou stepped forward. He didn't seem very pleased to be doing this, but it was still potentially a better bet than the auction house he'd originally thought of. "Damn Gacha. No matter where I go, I'll never be able to get away," he groaned. Without further ado though, Kou placed his hand upon the platform and focused on it, channeling his mana through the device. One insignia produced a glow in response to this action, taking the shape of a two-headed hound surrounded by flames. This was a rare mount in its own right by Kou's approximation, but he wasn't satisfied. His eyes were on one specific symbol located at the center-top of the board, boasting the face of a dragonic feline of some sort. "Screw that. Your turn," he said to Miki while picking up a chip with his winning's insignia engraved on it.

It seemed that Miki now had about 200 silvers to work with, which she took up as a good offer considering what she knew of general low tier loot like what she'd had to offer. In fact, she was more than a bit surprised she got so much, but perhaps dealing with a black market for such items was a good idea considering they could move products that regular merchants might not be able to. With this in mind she watched as a strange device was produced by the merchant. This looked a bit like an egg drop gatcha game and was presented as such. The words of Kou made it sound like he was familiar with the luck based game which was the gacha. 'Ugh, I was hoping it wasn't that... but, I guess I could feel a little lucky,' the girl absently pondered this point while the lad with her took his first turn on this game trying to win a mount. Whatever the lad managed to pull from this particular round, he didn't seem to like it very much. Miki looked around at the symbols, and though she'd have liked to experience the one at the top of the board, she'd accepted that this wasn't a very likely outcome. "Hai hai, I'll do my best!~" she chimed. After feeding her mana into machine she received an insignia from the device. it was a winged horse with an eagle's head, surrounded by ring of feathers. She wasn't sure if it was rare or not, but given it seemed to be winged she could at least assume it wasn't normal. "Ugh, seems like I haven't gotten much better at these..." she mumbled to herself, thinking about another gacha she'd played recently and had to play dozens of times to get the item she was looking for. Her generally displeased expression returning because the lass had a gambling streak and as such wanted to keep rolling until she got something she wanted.

Kou watched the female member of the Party try her luck at getting a rare mount. What she received from her first attempt was indeed something uncommon in the video game. "A Hippogriff, huh? That's not bad. I'm not settling for this thing I've got though," he said as he stepped forward to take his second turn. His hand landed on the platform once again, and what he produced was the image of a lion with horns, surrounded by a serpent. He claimed this mount's chip as well, but still wasn't satisfied enough to stop. "Oi, how much if I sell you both of these back?" he asked. A gleam appeared in the merchant's eyes as he replied. "For the hound and the chimera, 350 Silvers, Stranger," the man said, much to Kou's surprise. He realized his Luck stat was quite high since appearing in this world, but such a rate, he could continue getting rare mounts and selling them back to keep trying for what he wanted.

"Hippogriffs are cool, but I read they were moody," she said before taking the opportunity to try again for another 100 silvers. This roll would indicate something else rather strange. This one looked a bit like a sea horse, with waves around its head. She looked at it with a raised brow and wasn't content at all either. "Eh, can you buy mine back too?" she asked of the Hippocamp and Hippogriff combo she'd gotten. They were a bit to specific for the kind of thing she actually wanted. If she managed to get her winged dire wolf or the special mount Ryuuko she'd likely stop but until then, given the amount the other lad's had been sold back for, she assumed she could make a bit of money off the whole thing. "I want to roll again too. I don't really know when to quit." Miki's words left her in a mutter, that being said, she wanted different things from this and didn't see the need to stop if she could have a few more rolls and an easier chance of getting what she was looking for.

"I heard the same thing," Kou said upon giving further consideration to the mountable species Hippogriff. "Not as bad as Dragons with the intensity of their negative moods, but I think the cattiness of the Hippogriff might be just as annoying."

Miki also had the desire to sell the mounts she'd gained in her experience with this gacha-style draw. "For those, Stranger... 500 Silvers. Have your roll," the man spoke with that gleam remaining in his eye. At that time, Kou made his third attempt. This third time produced a chip with the marking of a horse's skull. He assumed this would meet the worth of what he paid, but didn't consider it to be a rare enough mount to grant him profit. Either way, it was worth another shot. For the moment though, he took a step back to allow Miki space for her next attempt.

"Cattiness is a good way to describe it... I don't think I need that in my life," Miki said about the hippogriff. Luckily enough the merchant seemed apt on the buyback, enough even that he claimed that her combined mounts were worth a whopping 500 silvers. Miki's eyes widened as she appreciated this kind of extra loot early game. "Sugoi!! That's so much, arigatou na." she managed, content to wait and see what her companion got next as a mount. It seemed that his roll was a bit less than stellar, because it granted him only a horse type token. Soon after, Miki had her own roll which she took placing her mana into this device once more, she created a new token. This one, had a bunny head complete with antlers upon it. She looked at the coin strangely for a moment. "Jackalope? Who would want to ride a rabbit?" she muttered to herself, assuming this particular roll to be a bust. She'd likely take at least one more roll, but only after allowing the lad his next turn.

"Yeah, cat's are cool and all, but... I can't imagine keeping something I intend to ride that has that kind of attitude," Kou asserted, holding his chin betwixt his forefinger and thumb as if in deep thought over the matter. Miki went on to make her third attempt at obtaining a mount, and got something of a jackalope as her result. Her reaction to this was an interesting one, and one Kou could honestly sympathize with upon giving it his own consideration. "That's a pretty funny thing to even think of. I imagine they're pretty decent in combat, though. Anyway, my turn again." With that, Kou stepped forward once more. Time and time again, the pair rolled the proverbial dice in an effort to receive mounts. Eventually, Kou stood before the platform with a few gold coins in his pouch and another attempt on the horizon. Alas, he seemed exhausted from how many times he'd poured his own mana into the device. "Too many rolls. Waaaay too many rolls. I don't know if I have the mana to keep doing this."

Miki could only nod her agreement as they talked over the specifications of mounts. Cat-like creatures moodiness was a bit high, and they had higher intelligence but there was only so much a lower level player could hope to accomplish when trying to boss something like that around. "Exactly... dogs would be more useful for that sort of thing. Not that I am opposed to an actual cat..." she mused, thinking about it logically. Her jackalope turn over, there was more to be done and rolls between this pair would continue time and time again. Miki had a few gold coins to her name as well by the time they'd come to the last few rounds of trading rolls for coinage of mounts that they wanted. Still though their luck had been pretty good, neither had gotten a mount they desired and both were standing around looking at the podium. At his mention that he'd taken way too many rolls she also exhaled a couple of deep breaths and could only agree. "Hai, too many for me too... but I still haven't gotten anything close to what I am looking for," she said with a hand on her hip as she leaned away and tried to make sure she maintained clear sight. An exasperated sigh left her mouth after this as she thought over all possibilities. Normally she didn't party nor did she share, but perhaps for the sake of doing something and actually getting a bit more out of this than a bit of coin she could offer something different. "I have been thinking something. Probably a bit crazy but hear me out..." the girl started. "If this game is luck based... we could both activate it at once right. And try to roll for the highest possible thing, at the very least one of us should have a chance of getting something awesome out of the last roll, then we don't have to both waste the last of our energy on a potentially crap roll," she offered the lad, she didn't have much energy left herself, but if they managed to get an actual mount out of this it could be good. Even if she didn't get one right now, she had plenty of time to try for another one later.

Both members of this Party were exhausted of their mana from the day's gambling. Recently, Kou had taken to watching the merchant during every exchange. His habit of solving puzzles of all sorts had him pick up an interesting theory involving everything they were doing. By the time Miki was suggesting that they pool their mana for a single roll of this gacha, he was grinning from ear to ear. "Yeah, we could. If we pool our luck stat together, I'm sure we'll get the Ryuuko," he said with a glance at the merchant. As he raised his hand in preparation to place it on the platform, he spoke further. "This is our last shot at this, Ojii-san. Miki," he said while awaiting the placement of Miki's hand onto the platform, intending to place his atop it when it landed and begin fueling his mana.

Whatever Kou was learning from his watching of the merchant, he seemed to be fine with the idea that they could potentially roll together to get a better chance at something good. In fact, his words implied that he thought it possible for them to get the rarest mount if they combined their efforts on the last roll. "Sou ka, well, I'm all in then!~" she said without a second bit of thought. Even as the person who just offered up the idea she had no problem with this as an eventual outcome. She placed her hand on the podium then felt his atop it and began feeding it her mana as well. A smirk coming to her face. "This roll is yours and all, just don't make me walk when you get it!~" she quipped in her usual manner, content to wait and see what kind of roll they'd actually get.

Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast