Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: The Kingdom of Eonis

Kou's path toward the exit was halted by the call of Miki. Her words took him aback at face value alone, and when he looked toward her, he also got a glance of the staring people nearby who all had very interesting reactions to the statement as well. "Uhh..." he muttered, his face turning red. Miki went on to explain using a logical approach to the situation. Kou could agree to the usefulness of saving an extra silver for later, but as he approached the girl, he couldn't keep himself from believing this was something awkward nonetheless. "Well yeah, I guess that makes sense... but that's a little extreme, isn't it? I mean, it's a one bed room, and... well..." Kou made every attempt to explain his point of view, but it was only becoming more embarrassing over time to even have such a conversation. This was especially true thanks to the inclusion of the others who heard Miki's outcry and were still staring at the pair.

It seemed that Miki had succeeded in getting Kou's attention. Along with the attention of everyone else presently in the inn. This, of course, wasn't at all her intention, and the fact that everyone seemed shocked by what she said, made it no less embarrassing for her. He also pointed out that this was a bit of an extreme leap, and maybe it was, but it wasn't as if this would be the first extreme leap of the day. "Yeah, and I woke up in a video game," she said somewhat sarcastically. Only to shake her head from left to right. "Iie, that isn't really it or anything... It is a tiny bit extreme. But consider it from my perspective. You've already been nice and fair to me in this entire situation. I wouldn't want to take advantage. It is a single bed room, we could share it though, alternate bed usage, or sleep back to back it doesn't really matter. But I can't really keep taking things from you and call myself your partner. So, we can share it. Besides, I'd rather have someone trust-worthy nearby. This is still a new place and all... besides everyone is staring now and it's a little embarrassing," she mentioned a red tint still plastered on her own face. Aside from the embarrassment of the situation, she still had real-world fears of things that could potentially happen to her if she say, traveled alone or if someone knew there was no one nearby to help her out of a situation. And she still didn't have any real measure about the realness of this world compared to the game and there were certain things she'd rather not find out through first hand experience. "So... new plan. I'll buy us dinner right now, and you can decide later, so it doesn't put you on the spot. That way we can avoid all the intensity of people staring at us," she offered this as a plan to come to an eventual outcome.

It seemed Miki only wished to avoid taking advantage of what Kou was offering, and in all fairness, she did have a point. Considering the brief discussion they had earlier, he could see how negatively one could take such a thing. Either way, it didn't sound like a bad idea in the first place; it was only a bit awkward. Kou gave this plan a decent amount of consideration, but before reaching a consensus, Miki made an offer to think about it over dinner. Kou was quite hungry, so this was considered a grand idea without a thought. He agreed rather quickly, and the pair went on to acquire sustenance. In the end, Kou made his decision and eventually set foot in the room he and Miki were to share for the night. A mighty exhale left him as he viewed the lone bed of this room. "Alright... shared room..."

Soon enough, Kou had at least agreed to the dinner she'd offered. Whether this was to be taken as a sign in the positive direction, Miki wasn't quite sure, but at the very least she felt like she'd properly communicated her point without it being taken the wrong way. Though she'd not mentioned it herself, Miki was also starving so the meal was rather comforting to her, and seemed to do wonders towards restoring her mood. Soon after dinner though, she was going back to her supposed room with Kou in tow. 'Sharing a room with a single boy, I kind of know. Somehow still better than having every male patron in this place know I am here alone,' she thought to herself as she also stepped into the room and had a look at its offerings. 'Yep. Just concentrate on the task at hand. It's just sleeping. No big deal...' she thought to herself. She took to looking around the room and found it contained the single bed, a small upright chair, side table, dresser. Strangely it also contained modern plumbing though with an old world feel.

"Hm, yeah shared room. Weird though I didn't expect it to be so modern... I don't really understand what time period this world is supposed to be based on... Actually..." she muttered to herself. But at least she could have everything she did regularly. It also made sense of why the NPCs mentioned enjoying this particular inn better than potential others. She soon began thinking back on the day's events, and if she had misgivings about the realness of this world, one thing that stood out to her was their first shared quest. Clearing the warthogs from the farm had been an early game quest she'd done before, but each of the beasts were released in waves. When they'd arrived on the farm it was simply overrun. Considering such a thing made her wonder what other real-world type mechanics the game had come to have with them inside of its world. Still there wasn't enough information to draw any conclusions. There were also several things that made it still feel like a game, gacha events, the meme merchant, the interaction with the quest givers. It was kind of confusing to shift through. And as Miki thought about it, she found herself staring out of the sole window in the bedroom, a somewhat displeased look on her visage, though she was only thinking.

"Yeah, I didn't either. It didn't look like this in the game," Kou said as he, too, took in the view of very modernized features within the inn. Perhaps this was some strange conversion, leaking their world into the game when they entered. Either way, Kou was satisfied to be avoiding a very archaic lifestyle as much as possible whilst here in this world. As these thoughts flowed through his mind, he rid himself of his sword and other such things, though he didn't dress down much at all before sitting on the left edge of the bed. He noticed the return of a strange expression to Miki's visage, and thought to comment on it in case there was some sort of issue harbored by the lass. "You alright? You're doing that weird face again."

Obviously, neither of them had any complaints about modern amenities as being in the dark ages as people from the modern era would have been a bit daunting. Even so, as Miki stared out the window thinking about all the things right and wrong in this new world they lived in, her internal monologue was interrupted by Kou, who thought to question the look on her face. Miki's eyes widened as his question hit her ears and her face reddened slightly, she then managed to soften her expression just a bit while looking abashed. Since they'd be working together for a while, and because she'd rather avoid any unnecessary conflict or misunderstanding she thought to explain this, though she wasn't quite sure how. "I'm fine. That's just the face I make when I am thinking about stuff..." she said, it was a characteristic of her person which seemed to translate directly into her avatar. "People often think I am upset or angry a lot but I am not... I just look that way when I am concentrating. It isn't personal or anything though...Gomen," the girl said, seeming truly apologetic about this point. In all honesty it took a great deal of concentration for her face not to appear upset, and she'd had several misunderstandings in the past because of this, and thought to avoid them with Kou, if at all possible. Given his words though, her face had looked a bit like this before, so she thought to apologize if she'd made him feel upset at all. After saying that she went about getting ready for bed as well. She removed her cloak and shoes as well as all uncomfortable items from her person, including her weapon and the belt around her waist. After she was done with this, she also double checked the lock on the door, as a point of habit.

Nothing was worth worrying about, according to Miki. The expression he'd witnessed was nothing more than her resting expression when thinking, and Kou figured that was fine. "Ah, I get it. As long as everything's fine," he said casually while flopping fully onto the mattress. Before he made a proper attempt to fall asleep, Kou watched as Miki checked the lock on the door. It was a curious effort, but one he could easily understand. 'This world feels pretty real. That's probably not good, but there's not much to be done about how people are anywhere,' the lad thought. He soon shifted himself to the side of the bed closest to the door, and slipped both of his hands between his head and pillow while laid flat on his back. One final yawn escaped him as his eyes closed. "Oyasuminasai."

'Thank goodness...' the young woman thought. It would have made all of their earlier time a bit awkward if the lad didn't accept this very strange facet of her. She knew such things would likely take a bit of getting used to, but it seemed that Kou at least was more understanding that most people she'd come across. After checking the door, Miki settled into the right side of the bed, instead of laying flat on her back, she lie, flat on her stomach, clutching her arms together under the pillow for extra support of her head. Her head was soon turned away from the lad but she appeared to be pretty comfortable nonetheless. "Hai, sleep well..." the girl murmured into the side of the pillow as she allowed her eyes to close and drifted off for a restful night's sleep.

"Hai," was the last thing Kou had to say before he lost consciousness. A matter of hours later, he awoke some time earlier than he likely should have. Kou was an individual who had trouble returning to sleep after his initial waking, so he used this as an opportunity to bathe and return to a suitable state of dress. Still waiting on Miki's waking afterwards, he returned to his side of the bed in the very same position he'd previously been sleeping in, though he did nothing more than look over Miki's position to stare through the window at the rising sun. 'Still here, even after sleeping. It doesn't get more real than that.'

Miki found extreme comfort after falling asleep. And dreamed pretty heavily until the time of her waking. This was quite a while after Kou had already risen for the day and her waking would be marked by a gentle roll which caused her to fall out of the bed. Sometime between the loss of the bed and getting to the floor, she woke up fully catching herself even though her body made a slight thud sound as impact happened. Immediately after she managed to peek over the edge of the bed with wide eyes. "I'm good. I'm up... I'm..." she paused looking around the room seeming to be taking in the sights. "Still in a video game world, sugoi!~" she mused falling back to the floor with happiness in her voice. She remembered the other lad in the room and looked and found him staring out the window. "Ohayou gozaimasu, Kou... I didn't sleep too long did I?" she questioned having no idea how long she'd been sleep but knowing that her waking was about normal for her. She looked a bit tired with an obvious case of bedhead but otherwise seemed to be in good spirits after waking, in so abrupt a manner.

Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast