Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Marsh Kingdom

"Apparently you're making even more assumptions," Karna retorted with a scoff. "At no point did I mention believing you thought they were perverts? As I recall, never. You're such a hateful person, Miki-san~" he concluded. There was a certain amount of carelessness he boasted in this rebuttal, but when Kou looked Karna's way, he saw nothing more than a relaxed persona. The back-and-forth between Karna and Miki could be ignored to a certain extent, as he hardly saw anything wrong with the dynamic between the two. "Tomorrow..." he repeated quietly, thinking back to a declaration he'd made somewhat recently. "We should go back to Eonis," he said afterwards while passing the pipe again and relaxing further.

Soon enough after Karna spoke it was Miki's turn to scoff. Though she admittedly found it easy to argue with the lad currently known as Karna, she also knew his words were directed at her specifically. After all, the whole of this conversation was started with him asking if she assumed the nature of these people based on her reaction to knowing the make-up of their drug of choice. "But we started this conversation about my perception, so it was being applied to or aimed at me, even if it isn't being directly stated..." she said with a casual roll of her eyes, but she didn't think it was worth more conversation than that. She did nothing past this point but jokingly agree. "But, yes. I am totally hateful, didn't you see the face..." she said gesturing to her own visage, which she knew to be well outside of her control, and though she saw it in her mind as being agreesive, it was much more passive and spaced out. After this she fell back against her pillow thus taking up a great deal of the space shared between herself and Kou. She felt there was no point in arguing with someone who refused to see the fault of their own reasoning, and she was feeling the effects of her current drugging to such an extent that arguing didn't seem meaningful. In fact, she was quite sure he was the hateful one, picking on her for his own unexplained amusement. He didn't deserve the extra attention in her own mind. So instead she could focus on something else entirely and that was the statement given by Kou. The other white haired lad would gain her attention and hold it without fault, and she'd even agree to what he wanted with no arguments. Having no reason they shouldn't return to the other Kingdom. "Hai hai, sounds good to me..." she commented while giving a thumbs up and then staring at her hand in the air as if it wasn't attached to her body.

Karna sighed. Regardless of what Miki thought about him, he saw a bit of an unnecessary connection between words shared between the girl and himself. "Right. I forgot to even think that we had to interpret things the way your brain does," he said regarding how his previous statement was taken. Nevertheless, he took the pipe in his hand and brought it to his lips. "Have it your way, Oujo-san. I'm just a perverted druggie, after all." With that, Karna took only a single drag from the pipe, causing the last remnants of the drug to burn out at last. With nothing left to smoke, he handed the pipe off to one of the lesser Lizardmen nearby. Meanwhile, Miki agreed to Kou's idea of returning to Eonis before moving on with the next adventure. Now that they had yet another party member, Kou found himself wondering what this would mean for the journey ahead of them. Xerxes was incredibly fast and reliable, but he could only support two of the Adventurers. "What do we do about travel? We should probably look into some sort of caravan or something..."

Miki stayed looking at her hand, concentrating on it, she eventually opened her hand and closed it feeling it and finding it to feel a bit detached from her person. Still she heard the words said by Karna and she wondered if he was purposefully missing the point she'd expressed or if he felt the need to defend himself. As if to further explain as he took the last hit from the pipe he claimed she could have it her way and debased himself as a druggie pervert. "Yare yare," she mused. Miki thought about explaining that it was more pressing that he'd been on some sort of murderous rampage when they'd first met, than it was to her that he found amusement in perversion or drug use, but it seemed like adding unnecessary fuel to a dying fire. And soon after while she stared up at the sky it was brought to her attention by Kou that their normal method of transport wouldn't really work for long term travel for a group larger than the pair of them. "A caravan was the initial plan anyway, so I think it would be reasonable. Xerxes doesn't seem like the kind of creature that should be made into a beast of burden or anything... maybe a filolial and cart would be worth picking up," she offered as an idea for all of their travel. "You wanted one initially anyway, right?" she asked remembering the lad's initial plan for travel. Though this wouldn't solve their immediate travel issues it was something which could be considered for when they reached Eonis again.

"Yeah, a Filolial pulling a caravan is probably as close as we can get to Xerxes. It won't be nearly as fast, but Filolials can pull the most weight at a high speed." Kou spoke as his body became even more limp, eventually leaving him draped over Miki's side of the throne. The Lizardfolk nearby, who previously sought to mate with one of their two saviors, looked strangely at this level of comfort being found in even a single side of the pairing. Some indeed thought that they were, in fact, mated Dragons even though the Dance of Dragons had never reached its conclusion. This, however, would remain as whispers among most of the crowd who bore witness. "I'm not sure where we can pick up the caravan, but wild Filolials can be found in the Grasslands. Maybe that'll be a good place to check," Kou said as he shifted into greater comfort, only managing to rub himself against the blonde lass in making the attempt.

"Hm, I remember you saying that before. Sounds like a done deal," Miki said about acquiring a Filolial. Of course, as Kou seemed to find his body limp and finding comfort being draped across her side of the throne they shared, she too was shifting ever so slightly while adjusting her pillow so that her body took on an angle that allowed her to stretch over the same place. Their bodies would touch for a moment, but the blonde lass didn't seem to mind it at all. In fact when he brushed against her a bit she took the initiative to finish getting properly comfortable and leaned against his side as he invaded her space on the throne and propped them both up with her weapon. While she did this she had a bit of commentary to add. "The Grasslands huh? That's a bit of a coincidence or maybe not. There is a Merchant's Guild Outpost near there, and since we have a pass we can buy a caravan or have one built to specification at a discount. They also have tools, maps and its an easy place to come across info... if you're interested..." she gave this information and yawned finally lowering her arm onto her person but managing to find supreme comfort leaning against Kou, tucked against her pillow. The hushed murmurings of the Lizardfolk would go unnoticed by the girl in her current state as she didn't seem to care very much about anything.

Miki apparently agreed with the approach of the Grasslands for the acquisition of a Filolial, and even knew that there was an outpost for a Merchants' Guild in that very area. Such a thing would be quite the boon, and if they were going to be in the area anyway, they could very easily kill two birds with one stone in a way. "Sou ka. I wonder if we can get some crazy design with an insignia or something on it," he said, realizing upon speaking those final words that there was something else to consider. What he didn't realize though, was that he was gradually sinking into Miki as he leaned, having lost his ability to feel most of his body. "If we're gonna start this Guild, we need some sort of logo to go with it. Besides that... we'll need a name. Maybe we should start thinking about that before it's time to start setting up."

After mentioning the acquisition potentially of the caravan and the usage of Merchant Guild services, Kou began to speculate the potential of changing the look of their carriage. "Probably... I mean I guess it would depend on what we wanted to do with it," she said launching a simple guess. Beyond his initial statement he seemed to have to think about something more. While he had these thoughts his body was finding more comfort and sinking into Miki's own. Her body also lacked proper awareness, all she noted in current times is that she felt comfortably warm, and as such she had no objections to launch. In fact she found herself further sinking into this comfort without knowing how her body was moving at all, as she nestled herself into the lad, thus increasing their contact. "A logo and a name huh? I guess those are kind of important, don't want to have to think of either on the spot," she said, knowing in depth the shame of wishing to change a name or logo having thought of it in an instant but not really liking it over time. Her mind began wandering through various options and possibilities as she tried to veer away from ones canon to this place and ones which were alive in other media she knew about, because of the likelihood of it already being taken. "Any ideas?" she asked of the lad openly wondering if he had an idea for either the logo or the name which would lead them to the other idea.

The feeling of warmth was mutually appreciated. Kou became more and more relaxed as time passed, until the side of his face was eventually pressed against Miki's torso. They were on track to the decision of coming up with a Guild name, but Miki deferred to Kou for any ideas he may have had. Contemplation was upon his face, and remained even as he looked up to set his gaze upon Miki directly. His gaze lingered, probably far longer than necessary, yet he produced a response all the same. "Hmm. Nah... I've got nothin'. I think we've managed to get a lot done together, but we don't have a set chemistry or anything. Maybe we'll have an easy time coming up with something if we figure out what our actual team dynamic is. Y'know, like people who go to the co-op meta. Or did you have something in mind?"

As Kou settled further his head was eventually pressed against Miki's torso. As such when the boy looked up at her, she had a pretty clear view of his face. Both of them looked onward far longer than they needed to, but Miki didn't seem to notice this at all, especially seeing that Kou eventually came with an answer regardless. He claimed he had no ideas about their Guild name, mostly because they didn't have a set dynamic as a pair of adventurers. She considered this for a moment before she nodded, having gained the comfort necessary to allow her arm to rest over the lad's body as she offered her reply. Even as her other hand seemed to play with a lock of her own hair which she seemed to be part of her thinking process. "Sou ka, that does make sense. I hadn't considered that we don't really have a set dynamic yet. I wasn't into the idea of co-op initially so I didn't consider how or if our abilities could properly compliment each other, beyond what we've already accomplished. I should pay more attention," she admitted. But having this on her mind, she was a bit more committed to figuring out this particular aspect of their group and using it to help them come up with the best possible guild name and logo. "I don't have any immediate ideas either... if I get one though," she said hazarding a glance back towards him. "You'll be the first to know," she said giving a gentle nod and a rare unforced smile.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast