Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Marsh Kingdom

'It would be too weird, right? I can't do that with a reptile! I don't even... well... never mind,' said Kou. At the end of his message toward Miki, he turned away from both her and Karna, the latter of whom was beginning to say some rather bothersome things. "Hoh? Don't want that either, huh? Shame. I thought we'd all get to watch," the male spoke when it became clear neither of these two would willingly fall to the debauchery desired by the Lizardfolk. Miki even went a step beyond, demanding visual confirmation of these ancient texts spoken of. "I'm a member of your Party, you know? You should trust me more," he went on, clicking his fingers to have one of the Lizardmen nearby collect the ancient stone slab containing the Lizardfolk prophecy of ascension. Once it was before the Adventurers, Kou viewed it and noted that it was in a language he couldn't hope to understand. At this point, it was Karna who had more to say. "I'm assuming you can't read the old language of the Marsh People. It says 'The day the mate-less Ancestors bless these lands with their touch, the tribe will take the Ancestors' form.' History has determined that the closest thing the Lizardfolk get to an Ancestral form, is the form of a Dragonewt."

Whatever thought left the confines of Kou's mind, Miki wholeheartedly agreed with. She also couldn't imagine a situation where she as her current avatar could actually participate in such an action with a random Lizardman. Regardless of this point, when she demanded to see the Ancient Text they were gathered at the behest of Karna, who mentioned that they should trust him more as a member of their party. Miki sighed as she looked at the words written here and realized she also couldn't decipher them for herself. At the point of trusting this lad simply because he was a member of their party she did have at least a proper reply to that... "Blind loyalty and trust are literally the reason for every negative moment in history, anime, manga, and video games. I don't know why you wanted to join us, and as I am now, I know very little about you... assuming you'd give the absolute truth and not just the interpretation of it that suits you best is too naive," Miki stated, though unsurprisingly she couldn't read the language of the Lizardfolk and it was left to be interpreted by Karna, who mentioned in specific words what their involvement here was meant to be. "Sou ka... they want to create Dragonewts... but that is still a very large leap to assuming that one would need to mate with the 'Ancestors', " she mentioned with finger quotations. "To achieve this goal. That interpretation suits the needs and expectations of the group at large, not the necessary effort of all involved," the girl concluded. Contract negotiations were one of her few strong suits, and she fully understood that given the magical nature of this world it might not be at all necessary to mate with anyone to achieve the goal, though it could be one means to that end. As it stood she began combing her mind through the list of media she'd absorbed in her lifetime, as well as her in-game and in world experience, to try and find an alternative method to reach this goal.

Karna scoffed. What Miki had to say about blind loyalty struck his ear quite the wrong way. "And yet, here I am. Maybe you should have reconsidered letting me in this Party if you were going to question something as small as this," he replied. Regardless of this discussion, the text was exactly as he said, and the Lizardfolk of the Marsh Kingdom took it as he implied. He shrugged off the fact that Miki and Kou would obviously be seeking an alternative solution to the problem ahead of them, chalking it up to one simple matter which he openly shared with Kou. "Sucks for you, friend. Sounds like she's really not interested in them or you." Kou's eyes widened in shock when these words were sent his way, but he returned to a state of deep thought thereafter. There was something else... like a missing piece to a puzzle. Kou bit his own knuckle in what seemed to be frustration, which Karna thought to be related to his previous statement. In a matter of moments, however, Kou clicked his fingers to draw attention for the idea he'd come up with. "Shalza!"

Karna seemed to dislike the words shared by Miki, if he didn't understand her level of caution when dealing with others it was obvious to her why this was the case. Miki as a player was often cautious simply because she'd been burned in bad deals before, that being said, it would be completely unfair if she didn't at least try to give people a fair shake every now and again. She'd crossed this bridge with Kou by virtue of his own actions repeatedly. "Here you are... if you don't understand my level of caution in a moment like this and you consider it small... then you've never been burned in such a situation, congratulations," she said calmly. There were too many moments in her life where a strange guy was too willing to see something non-sexual as sexual for her to willingly accept some level of expected sexuality. Video games and the like were designed to be open to interpretation, and she'd take her own in this case. The final thing shared by Karna in this moment caused Miki to snap outright, "This is a problem! Don't make a baseless assumption like that just because I don't want to be made a spectacle of, just because you see it that way doesn't mean that is how it is," she said unconsciously having moved forward with a direct show of anger in her eyes. She was apparently more upset that he'd implied she didn't like Kou than she was at the entirety of their current level of situation thus far.

In the meantime, Kou had gone into deep thought. He was biting on his knuckle and considering something like he had when they were completing various puzzles together. And at the end of his concentration he called to the recently named 'Shalza'. This would prompt the female Lizard to come forward giving a bow between the two lines of creatures waiting for a yes or no answer from their Ancestors. "Yes? What does our Savior require of me?" she asked seemingly curious as to why she was being summoned.

"Touchy touchy," said Karna, throwing his hands up in mock surrender even as he continued to speak. "Don't jump to conclusions yourself. Everybody's had a bad experience; I'm just telling you how it is for these people. Maybe I was wrong, though. Looks like she'll take you in private, friend," he continued as his attention returned to Kou. Kou, however, had become focused on the task at hand. He'd come to a miraculous conclusion involving the use of Shalza, so when she approached and questioned her summons, Kou stood before her. "The Lizardfolk want Dragonewts, right? You'll be the key!" Kou's explanation came as he stepped closer to Shalza. His words, from Karna's interpretation, implied that he'd come to the conclusion of mating with Shalza. Karna seemed to feel somewhat negatively about this, but as Kou reached Shalza's fore, he looked upon her with a bright smile. "Dragon Princess Shalza. How does that sound?"

The conversation between Miki and Karna had gotten heated, so much so, that when the lad threw his hands up in mock surrender the blonde lass finally realized how far invested she was in confronting him. Doing so, in this way was a bit overt and the lass fell backward and rubbed her face. She hadn't managed to be so properly upset and flustered in quite a while. In fact, she didn't even have a verbal response, only a reddened face as she sank back down, luckily enough Kou was very busy in his thoughts and had called upon Shalza. His words to her, made the female Lizard's eyes brighten. "Ancestors would bless me personally, again... I'm stunned!" she also seemed to be on the line of thought that she'd be given the birth of a new generation of Dragonewts. Her 'brother' seemed to have a problem with this only slightly as Kou moved to approach her. That being said, Miki seemed to be utterly calm about it, given the conversation the pair had already had about not wanting to mate with the Lizardfolk.

What was offered was not the body of the Savior known as Kou but instead a title to go along with her recently given name. The Nexus acknowledged this and then something amazing would happen. The light of the Nexus would envelop her. Her body began shifting as the scales fell away from her fore, leaving only traceable lines in red along her exposed skin. Beyond this her tail became thinner and wings sprouted from her back. She gained long white hair and a human face still equipped with her golden eyes. The dragon princess Shalza gained horns and distinctly lizard-like hands and feel which were darker colored towards the ends of her appendages much like her scaling pattern had been. "Dragon Princess Shalza! I'm... a Dragonewt!" she proclaimed tears filling her eyes. All of this was witness by Miki and she finally found her voice again. "He's the one worth a bit of blind trust..." she said in passing to Karna, happy that Kou had helped to find a way to do the thing they needed to do here, without either of them having to compromise themselves. "Sharrkan, you too." she said calling to the King of the Lizardmen her intention to give him a title as well which would cement the power structure of the Marsh Kingdom, without the pair of them having to mate with anyone this day.

Kou was under the assumption that granting the female lizard a title to accompany her name would lift her to a new tier of existence. Much to his satisfaction, naming her the Dragon Princess did indeed have the desired results, causing the Nexus to change her form to that of a Dragonewt. Interestingly enough, the transformation Shalza had was not very different when compared to the Dragonoid forms previously boasted by Kou and Miki. Her extremities remained more reminiscent of her reptilian self, but she certainly had a human form aside from that and her wings, tail, and horns. She appeared quite pleased by this development in her form and standing, which provided Kou with both satisfaction and relief. "You like it then? I'm glad," he said.

In the meantime, Karna looked on and kept an ear open for Miki. Apparently, the girl figured one such as Kou was worthy of the 'blind trust' he sought earlier. "You seem very sure of that," he said out of the earshot of Kou. "I'm no expert, but it seems like there's a bit of bias there." With that said, Karna stepped aside to allow the approach of King Sharrkan, who knelt before Miki. "My daughter has been blessed. It would be my honor to also receive the gift of our Ancestors."

"Of course I like it. Many thanks for gifting me such a blessing!" the tears of this now humanoid face were exactly the sort of thing Miki expected from the crybaby type this young lass appeared to be. She still seemed like a bit more Lizard than human but that was about the expectation of something called a Dragonewt. As this moved along, Miki would be approached by Sharrkan but not before she recieved more words from Karna. She had no clue what she'd done to end up on the receiving end of this constant chatter from Karna, perhaps it was simply payback from the universe because she'd been the one to kill him. Regardless, what he said about her surety of blind faith in Kou made her chuckle the further assumption that it was somehow biased made her shrug, though a faint blush seemed to be creeping up her neck. "Most opinions are biased. These ones happen to be based on experience..." she said before returning her attention to the point at hand.

Given the transformation of the Dragon Princess Shalza, Miki assumed the same would happen to Sharrkan if he was given such a title to go along with his name. Sharrkan was now bowed before the lass, claiming what an honor it would be to be blessed in the same way as his daughter, and Miki was more than happy to give him said happiness. "Well, when you're so enthusiatic about it, I can hardly say no, Dragon King Sharrkan... that sounds better to me..." she said granting this bowed creature an interaction with the Nexus which would aim to elevate his status one more time this day.

"Iia, iia," Kou said as he shook his head. "If I'm being honest, I just wanted to figure out a way to avoid having an... experience," he continued. As these final words were shared with Shalza, Kou found himself looking toward other Lizardfolk in the area, who happened to still be up to some rather sultry activities. His gaze returned to Shalza within a matter of seconds, and when it did, his face reddened slightly as he took note of her current form properly. 'Ano. Maybe if this was the first option... Wait, no!' The lad worked to silence his own mind before turning his head away, noticing that the king had recently approached Miki to receive his own title.

"The words of someone skipping the point completely. You know what I mean when I point out the bias. I'll leave it at that... for now," Karna said, content to fall silent from there as his 'father' received the title of Dragon King. As the light of the Nexus enveloped Sharrkan, his build became slimmer, yet more toned. His darkened scales became thick armor, and his hair darkened as two large horns protruded from his head... which itself became that of a masculine, pale human. An ethereal glow came from his eyes while a large pair of black wings emerged from his back, and he rose from his kneeling position. "I rise as the Dragon King Sharrkan, King of the Marshlands! My eternal service is offered to the Ancestors before us!"

There was obvious confusion on the face of Shalza as the lad who'd gifted her the title and form she now possessed, apparently wished to avoid having an experience. The sentence itself didn't make sense to her, but she supposed if she needed to know what it meant, she would have. She bowed the lad and then looked onward to see the form her father would take from his title being bestowed upon him. As he came up with his new form, Miki's eyes were cut in the direction of Karna. He apparently thought she was simply skipping out on what he meant, even so, he was inclined to drop this point for now. Miki was relieved by this knowledge but noting that he intended to likely bring up this point again, made her develop the slightest headache between her eyes. 'Ugh, what did I do to deserve this? I mean if it was killing him, I probably should have enjoyed it more...' she thought. By the time she blinked this away, she was staring at the new form of the Dragon King and her left brow rose. "Glad to hear it." she said of the man's pledge of his eternal service. With all this done she was content to simply not make eye contact with anyone while being quite relieved that they'd managed to avoid any random invasion of their personal space. 'That was close... I'm glad Kou is good at thinking things through, I probably would have just gone nuclear if it was me alone. Whatever, I suppose I don't need a Massacre at Whiterun style kill on my plate...' she mentally mused having quieted her own heart quite a great deal. Having done this she finally turned to Kou. 'That was some pretty quick thinking, Arigatou... Think we will be able to enjoy this a normal amount now?'

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast