Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Marsh Kingdom

"Distraction, huh? Hmm... gotcha," Kou said, having already decided exactly what he was going to do. A sly grin crossed his face during the exchange with the Chieftain, who seemed saddened by the idea that his son might not return alive. Only a moment after said interaction, Miki began her assault on the bone army settled into the surrounding area, resulting in an expression of shock by the Chieftain. "What is this!?" the Lizardman questioned. Kou had every opportunity to explain thereafter, but instead... he chose to carry out his own plan. With his right hand raised high overhead, he flashed a bright smile. "Alright chums, let's do this!" he chanted. By slamming his hand on the ground beneath him, Kou invoked the summoning for the Ryuuko mount, Xerxes... or, as its alternative name would be spoken...

"LEEROOOOOOOOY~!!!" The mount appeared in a burst of Mana beneath Kou, roaring in a way that would stun the surrounding enemies as the Ryuuko slammed the ground, sending out a shockwave to launch them into the open. "Masters! I will aide you!" it spoke, much to the surprise of Kou. "Wait... WHAT!?"

It seemed that Kou was on board with trying hard to create a distraction. The saddened expression of the Chieftain didn't escape the notice even as she began to slay the bone army around them. Having done this enough to guarantee the Chieftain's safety, several loose kunai shards of her blade whizzed around the room as she took up place directly behind the man's throne and began writing the necessary rune to tie together all previously placed ones. "I know it's a lot to place faith on. But I really will do my best... but first your safety and that of your people," she commented. She knew by the old man's speech he likely had some regrets, and if she could, she'd do all that she could to make sure he got to rectify them before it was too late. But there were more immediate dangers, like the bone army currently trying to get to him, and the ones who'd infiltrated the area. The last of the runes was applied below this old man and it would have a strange effect. The sage green mana which seemed to be connected directly to Miki would settle this newest bounded field spreading and pulsing outward. It would only need a few moments to take effect in full, and in that time, Kou's distraction seemed to be underway. He called forth their shared mount and much to Miki's surprise the Ryuuko currently named Xerxes spoke of helping his masters. Going on to stun the enemies present as they landed. "HE CAN TALK?!" this was Miki's only question to the world at large. She couldn't honestly believe it. Those members of the bone army not annihilated by her or Kou would be rendered docile and immobile by the bounded field she'd created, as would anything 'dead or undead' such would keep this Chieftain and his people safe for the duration of their strike against the Chieftain's son.

"Apparent-fucking-ly!" said Kou, who was equally surprised by the Ryuuko's speech. Since Miki had stunned the other skeletal Lizardmen, Xerxes darted around the room, brandishing claws to cleave through every skeleton he came across. Whilst plowing through the attackers, he spoke again. "You have named me, Masters! I have evolved!" he said as bones flew all around him. These bones seemed to be moving a bit, as if they were meant to pull themselves back together. However, the effect of Miki's runes kept this from occurring wholly. "... Alright. That happened. Guess the reference is out the window, then. Level 28, too. Next?"

Miki was surprised by their mount talking, and Kou seemed to share in this surprise. Beyond this point though, Xerxes himself would be the one to explain the occurance as simply a matter of his own evolution due to being given a name. "Sou ka, naming made him evolve. That... makes sense... I guess..." Miki said as if she was still gently astounded. Whether she had a true explanation for this or not there were other things to be concerned with. Both she and Kou had reached level 28 in taking out the Bone Army within this compound, but there were still other matters to attend to. "Hm, next the Obelisk, then by the time we are done with that... it is likely our attackers will try to come to us. These little ones won't be able to rise again right now. And if we break the Obelisk they won't again. You lose the lowest tier of summon you have when someone breaks yours..." she said with a decent general knowledge of the game mechanics, which was the only thing allowing her to make assumptions at this point. "There there, you got to make the reference once~" she mentioned of the lad's earlier battle cry, having a chuckle at the thought of it now. She moved then, heading towards the doorway with her hand out to receive the full sized spear she normally possessed within it. "Uh, Xerxes, could we get a lift back to the burial mound?" she asked of the creature. It sort of felt wrong to give it orders if it could talk, she felt like it gave the beast a certain amount of free will she wouldn't want to infringe upon. They still had to destroy the Obelisk which she'd heard was no easy task, but with Xerxes along in Miki's mind it wouldn't be that much of a problem.

Kou continued to stare at Xerxes, and it seemed he wasn't the only one doing so. The Lizardman Chieftain had taken to prayer upon witnessing the power of his ancestors in this beast's existence. "Embodiment of the Ancestors be upon us," he chanted. Kou heard this, and took only a moment to look strangely at the Chieftain, before returning his attention to his party. "Right. Off to the Obelisk, then," Kou spoke, stepping toward Xerxes, who responded to Miki's request by bowing and offering his back to the Adventurers. "It would be my pleasure, Master!" At this point, Kou was already hopping atop the Ryuuko, offering a hand to Miki. Xerxes would wait until both Adventurers were in place, and take off at an even faster speed than the previous norm toward the Obelisk they previously visited. "You give me such power, Masters! Thank you!" Xerxes said, while Kou settled from the shock of the take-off. "Whoa! Is that what this is? Power!? This feels like drugs!"

The words of the Chieftain weren't lost upon Miki, she also found herself looking strangely upon the old Lizardman. His words were kind of encouraging and yet seemed slightly misplaced, as if he had strange ideas about the mount this pair and ended up with. Beyond this, their shared mount seemed to feel it some sort of honor to transport them both and even lowered himself to make it easier for both of them. Kou went up first and at the extended hand Miki reached out with her own and used it to help manuever herself onto the back of the creature. Soon enough they were off, and at an increased speed and power. This was once again explained by Xerxes, who claimed they'd given him much power as a pair. "Sou... ka... I guess that is fine. I wonder what his stats are like now?" she mused aloud, having while they positioned themselves after take off gripped Kou closely her chest pressed against his back. "He's pretty intense now. I'm oddly proud of him..." she said about their shared mount. Regardless when they returned to the underground place which housed the Obelisk they'd find it in a slightly different state.

The concentric circles of sarcophagi now had skeletons placed around them, all of them meandering being lulled into docility by the established bounded field. Even so, a great number of them gathered in the center around the totem which housed the Obelisk. This gave off a rather intense cold chill of death and seemed to be exuding even more power than it had been before. 'Sou ka... he knows we're moving. We have to take this down quickly...' she thought to herself. "Alright we take that down and it should become obvious where our enemies are coming from. I don't think these skeletons will be much of a problem, we have to focus the Obelisk though. You might have an easier time of it Kou... magic might be an easier way to take it down..." Miki mentioned figuring the lad would understand. Though Miki had no doubt she could likely use one of her skills to take it down, she knew that it would be best to save any energy she could for the upcoming long term battle against two Berserker. Beyond that, several flesh zombies were still able to move and were approaching the center as well. They would need to be fought off properly.

"Uhh..." Kou also wondered what the stats of their mount were, and amidst the tumbling ride and Miki's breasts pressed against his back, he managed to check said stats. "They're... all... A. Except..." He couldn't even finish his statement. Xerxes boasted better parameters than both Adventurers, and even managed an EX rating in Stamina. Kou couldn't believe what he was seeing, but he supposed they did have a Legendary mount. In no time at all, they were brought to the Obelisk. Multiple enemies awaited them, but that didn't much matter. Kou nodded to Miki and her suggestion, readying his sword by channeling his Magic Power through it. "If you think that's for the best, I'll go. Keep these other guys off my back while I charge, yeah?" he asked of Miki before his charge to the Obelisk began. Interestingly enough, Xerxes was ready and willing to participate as well. Even though neither of his masters boasted the skill to utilize him in combat, Xerxes was capable of making his own decisions now. As such, Kou's charge was met by his aide. "Master!" Xerxes exclaimed as the dead army closed in on the encroaching Kou. A mighty roar came from the Ryuuko, carrying his Mana throughout it to ravage and tear asunder the opposing forces with great ease. Beyond this, the roar pushed Kou forward with increased velocity. This resulted in the lad's outstretched sword being jammed into the Obelisk, while his face slammed against it from the sudden movement. "Fuck!" Kou said, recovering soon enough to make use of his blade's positioning and slash upwards, cleaving through the Obelisk using the force of his Mana Burst skill.

Kou looked into the stats of their beast and found them all to be A except for one. With this knowledge Miki also looked into the mounts stats and found the EX rating in Stamina. With this and the all A ranking alone the Ryuuko had better stats than both she and Kou. "Su-sugoi! His stats are better than mine, and better than any mount I had in game!~" she seemed to be amazed by this, but mostly it was due to the speed at which such a thing was achieved. She'd gotten more than decent use out of her mounts previously and even so she was about to be further amazed. Kou agreed to her plan and asked only that she back him up. "Got ya' covered..." she said her spear raising in the air and breaking into dozens of smaller Kunai. She was about to whistle the command which would have let them fly a roar came from their mount which was infused with mana and propelled Kou forward at even greater speed, and beyond this, worked to dismantle all the undead creatures here. Kou met with the Obelisk in a less than happy manner but, overall this was a vast improvement. "Sugoi! I didn't even get a chance to do anything... Xerxes you're amazing!~" Miki praised the creature without holding back, hugging the back of its neck from where she remained atop it. "You too!~" she gave compliment to Kou as the Obelisk shattered and she felt the pulse of death energy along with it. The breaking of the Obelisk stopped the animation of all bone and flesh creatures within the bounded field created by Miki and what was more, it would decrease the strength of everything else they faced, including the Lich himself. Additionally, something small and glowing would be picked up by the lass, from the ruins of the obelisk. Only to be forgotten in the moment.They gained a mass of EXP from this moment as well, enough that they were pushed past their next level without having to do much themselves. 'I wish I'd had this while I was playing alone. I would have been unstoppable...' she thought to herself.

"Thank you, Master!" was the response of Xerxes, who went on to nuzzle up against Miki. Meanwhile, Kou stumbled away from the crumbling Obelisk, holding the side of his head. "Ugh... what even..." Kou regained his composure well enough to witness the fall of the undead minions. With that, he could consider this leg of the journey complete. However, he recalled Miki mentioning that the Lich would know of the Obelisk's destruction. The true journey would begin soon. "That was intense. Right. Look out for a roar from behind, Kou," he muttered to himself, seeming to have every intention of using his real name, but being forced by the Nexus into the name of his Avatar again. The Mana vanished from his sword, but he wasn't keen on sheathing it just yet. No, there was much more work to be done. He only had to await whatever came their way next, as far as he knew.

Something about the large dragon-esque creature nuzzling up to Miki was likely odd, but she enjoyed it regardless. Given what had happened to the Obelisk she knew they could expect the higher tier of summoned dead to show up soon. Giving one final squeeze to their mount she hopped down as well, her being suddenly felt cold as she felt the stirring of the dead, a splash would be heard and then several more, as small flames began to appear from the depths. They looked freshly raised, and had the same markings as their previously defeated Lizardmen from Dwargon. They seemed to be pushing themselves to walk burdened with purpose. They were coming up from below through a stream which ran directly beneath this mound. "Sou ka... I wondered how they would get back here..." she murmured as a ship sailed through this area, with several undead Lizardmen of high quality jumping down from the forefronts. "These look like the ones we took out in Dwargon. They literally sailed down stream..." she said frowning deeply. She supposed it would have made sense for them to come here, to defend this Obelisk but with it destroyed they were no longer invincible undead, simply the same creatures with the same minds they'd faced before. Undead Avengers, Shamans, Spearmen, Archers... dotted their ranks, but they were only 5 levels higher than they'd previously been and as such well within line for destruction by this party. These weren't the Beserkers but she expected them to be holding up the rear, the last line of defense between the Lich and them. This was visually something strange to Miki and she couldn't explain why but she could swear she'd seen this before, 'Why does this feel like something that should happen in-game...' she questioned only to take up stance of readiness so they could properly aim to take out their opponents.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast