Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Marsh Kingdom

"So, we've confirmed a Lich... and have reason to believe these are the A-rank Lizardmen being raised here. Besides that, the Chieftain's kid has to be using other forms of Necromancy as well, since the bones from those other ones were missing and all." Kou had become quite reprehensive about what they were undertaking, and he felt the situation could only worsen if the former Chieftains weren't intact when found. Just the same, the mechanics surrounding a Lich's Obelisk were somewhat frightening, especially when considering that they didn't know the Lich's location relative to it, even if they found the Obelisk itself. "The Lizardfolk's army won't be able to handle that sort of thing. Even if they manage to take out a bunch of Death Knights, they'll be the cause of just as many... if not more during the fight. Think it would be a good idea to go at it with less people, even if we manage to take out that Obelisk?" he asked as they entered the burial site of former Chieftains. Once inside, he hopped down from the floating pillow, taking it upon himself to walk around a bit while inspecting. Miki could feel the Mana in this room as well, and to Kou, it was something which felt like the peak of an icy mountain. "The Mana can't escape here. But... there's probably a funnel somewhere that leads up to where the current Chieftain is. Seems like they're doing the Companions thing here with their leaders, but... I guess the question is, are any of the old guys missing?"

"Yep, that is pretty much what I am saying..." Miki mentioned in response to the lad. She knew what she had to say about their present situation was probably a bit daunting, even so it wouldn't do any good to lie about it i present circumstances. Instead, she chose to focus on the current tasks at hand, even as they discussed potential strategies. In response to the idea that they should take as few people with them as possible Miki could only agree, squeezing her pillow even closer to her body. "Hm, yes. Though they likely won't want to agree, it would be best if we didn't involve too many of the Lizardfolk in this, especially with them being the prime targets of necromancy."

Once they were wintin the confines of the mound she had a look around. She took notice of several sarcophagi which should have contained several bodies of the previous chieftains arranged in a circular pattern. Within the direct center of the room a large pillar totem which glowed with the familiar sting of death. "Sou ka... that totem is the Obelisk... I didn't know they had different appearances depending on where they turned up," Miki said almost certain of this fact. Beyond this, she floated around the area, sans Kou to have a look at the sarcophagi. Here she found all but two of them still contained their bodies. The two that were empty were ones of larger than normal size and gave her a bit of a fright. "Good news... all of them aren't empty. Bad news.... the ones that are empty seem to be huge which leads to bad thoughts about their classification. If they 'Companion' like them, it is assumable that these two who are missing are the kinds of warriors that will pose both of us a problem..." Miki mentioned in an offhanded manner. Even beyond all of the craziness of this moment, she was looking forward to the next moment. There was an excitement within her person that she couldn't rightly explain.

"They don't all have to agree. We just have to make sure they listen," Kou replied. As he wandered around the room, he gently touched a few of the sarcophagi to get a proper feel for the bodies within. They were certainly powerful individuals in their respective lifetimes, as their energies were still present, and potent, in their graves. "This isn't good. These guys look like they're pretty far back on the list, and they feel... strong," he mentioned to the blonde Lancer. Upon discovering that there were two missing bodies in this group, and that their size was so massive, he shuddered. "Two Berserker Death Knights? Lizardmen, at that? Fuck," was all he could say. If Miki was right in her assumption about their Classes, these two former Chieftains alone were going to be a very, very large problem. Moving on from that train of thought, though, Kou's attention was brought to the Obelisk. Something within him really wanted to destroy it here and now, but he thought the better of it. "So, we have to take down an army of Death Knights, and at least a Bone Army as well. We also have to take down somebody strong enough to raise all of those, and we have to do it with just us. Can't we just do it all at a keyboard?" he asked rhetorically, hazarding a hesitant and nervous chuckle.

Miki heard out what Kou had to say and nodded. He was quite right, all they had to do was get the Lizardfolk of the land to agree with their plan and stay out of the way of it whether they liked it or not. Even so, they were warriors and probably felt at least a little negatively about being discounted by a couple of scaleless heroes. Beyond this his point about the former Chieftains made her sigh audibly. "Hai hai, if the past ones are like this, then making sure the current one stays off the battlefield is a prime directive. The last thing we need is to be fighting one of those with any kind of intelligence attached to it..." she mumbled. She also was finding this to be a growing and insurmountable task. At the point that it was mentioned aloud that two Berserker Death Knights were among their list of people to combat, Miki found herself rubbing her face consciously. "Hm, that might not be too bad. Depending on what was poured into them when they were risen, destroying the Obelisk will likely weaken them a bit..." she said of the pair of what would likely be the most challenging enemies they'd faced so far. That being said, Kou's continued commentary made her laugh just a bit, she truly felt the same way and would rather be playing the game without potential life and death aspects attached to their outing just now. "I am with you, I'd much rather be giving the commands than fighting this one directly..." she admitted. Soon after she was clapping her hands against her cheeks until they were red and she'd once again settled into the idea of what they'd have to do.

"YOSH!!" she exclaimed a few seconds later. "Alright. We go back up, tell the Chieftain to keep himself and his men out of the line of fire. Sometime after that... we destroy this Obelisk drawing the attention of the Lich. I can potentially set up a massive defense around this place to keep everyone from having to take on any of the really high level enemies. And then we..." she paused giving a gentle motion of her left hand between the pair of them. "We take on the Lich and his underlings directly. Keeping as many Lizardfolk out of this entire skirmish as possible," she commented. Though this plan was rather quickly flung together, it was fairly solid by her own approximation. Miki, didn't often take risks while playing Solo, and she wouldn't take any unnecessary ones with her partner either.

It seemed they were just about ready to make their move, and Miki had even managed to hype herself up for the coming events. Kou nodded with some hesitation, but eventually hopped onto the pillow again. "Ugh... Guess there's no turning back anyway. We need the Lizardfolk to accept us, or we'll have an even harder time down the line. You set up the defenses, I'll kick-start the offense, and then... I guess we hope it works in our favor. Let's go," he said. Kou had managed to hype himself up to a certain extent, not quite matching Miki's vigor, but due only to the fact that he'd talked himself through the awkward state of reprehension. "I still don't like it, but if it's as annoying as I think it'll be, I guess we'll get our just rewards for coming out alive and on top."

Kou still seemed to retain a bit of his resignation about the situation. Miki understood this to a great extent. After all, they weren't just preparing for a game, as far as they knew, their actual lives were on the line in this particular skirmish. And beyond that their eventual livelihoods would be dependent on how they managed to conquer this next task. Even while seeing it as daunting, Miki managed to hype herself up for it, a bit more than she would have normally been capable. Truth be told, if Miki was at home, playing her game, she likely would have taken an hour or two away from the game, had a snack, went to the bathroom and done several other manner of things before diving into this. Even so, there was absolutely nothing left to do but dive headfirst into this. "Atta boy. We gotta work on your pep talks though...this one almost isn't one..." Miki mentioned as the lad joined her back on her pillow and she floated towards the exit. Her path would take her all the way back to the Chieftain as they discussed their battle tactics. Her words had been in jest, but she supposed if she didn't make a joke of this situation, then she would be just as likely to fall into a depression over their task. "Hm, I wonder what I will get out of this, I hadn't gotten around to going to the Lizardfolk when I was playing in-game. To be honest I'd have no idea what to expect from this entire thing..." she said. Even more so than their early experience in Dwargon and the Fairy Forest, she had no idea what was coming from this particular situation. Soon enough though they'd find themselves back in front of the Chieftain with news good and bad to present to him as far as their potential fight against his son, an apparent Lizardfolk Lich.

"I... don't really do pep talks," Kou said in all seriousness. Quite frankly, he would have been more content to turn tail on this quest and return later, if they didn't have to react in real-time. It didn't help that he'd also never gotten around to dealing with Lizardfolk and their quests, though he knew they were quite a pain to deal with in PvP. He could only hope for an easier experience here than what he'd dealt with before, but as Miki guided her pillow with them to the Chieftain's throne, Kou would notice that this wasn't going to be as easy as anyone hoped. A strange and eerie Mana was present within the room, coming from multiple sources and not feeling very kind at all. This Mana was intentionally masked, but putrid enough for Kou to notice the difference in the ambient feel of the room since their last visit. Numerous skeletal servants had already been summoned to the area, and were hidden in shadows throughout the cave-like room, waiting for the opportune moment to strike down the Chieftain... and the Chieftain himself seemed quite unaware. Noting the vacant expression on the Lizardman leader's visage, Kou chose to whisper to his companion during their approach. "There's a lot of aggro here. It's nothing too strong, but it's a big threat to the chief here. I think we should be careful."

A giggle escaped Miki at the words that Kou shared with her about specifically his lack of ability to give pep talks. She could almost call this an understatement but she understood that sunny dispositions weren't an everyday occurance. Beyond that point, she was also not really good for pep-talks when aimed at other people so she understood a great deal. "Hai hai, I'll give the pep talks then, mostly to myself so I don't completely back out of everything, but I'd like to think they might work for other people too~" she mused. As they floated along, they made their way back to the chamber which contained the Chieftain and within there were several aggressive presences which Kou took note of. Miki hadn't initially felt these skeletal servants, but the mention of them by Kou made the register on her mental radar. "Hm..." the sound which left her mouth was low. He was quite right, this group wasn't a major threat to them, but it was a threat to the Chieftain who didn't seem to notice the difference in quality of the room he was now standing within. "That's a problem... but I suppose there wasn't much of a possibility of this one waiting for an extremely long time to make a move. I'm going to need to use my weapon in a minute I think..." she mumbled, figuring the lad would take the hint and remove himself from her weapon at his earliest convenience.

Upon reaching the Chieftain's fore, Miki dismounted her pillow landing on the ground before him and allowing it to float in the air behind her. "We know what we need to, in order to help you Chieftain. We only really ask, that you and your men, stay out of any conflict that arises..." she said in a very straight forward manner. In her own mind it didn't really matter if the Chieftain's son figured out their plan or not, because it wouldn't change regardless, all they could do was try and set up the area for the best possible outcome, and this included securing the area around all of them. Her eyes darted around the room and she readied herself for a potential battle.

"Yeah, probably. On your mark? Got a plan?" Kou said in response to the idea of Miki utilizing her weapon. He was ready and willing to move at a moment's notice, but first came the exchange with the Lizardman Chieftain. "You are the Saviors, blessed by the Ancestors. If it is your wish that my people stay away from the conflict, I can only put my faith in you. I ask only that you please... save my son, if possible." These words came from the Chieftain's mouth as his eyes closed, and his head lowered. He was clearly remorseful of the situation at hand, and noticing this made Kou wonder how much of this uprising could have been the Chieftain's own fault.

"Basically I am going to do something a little sketchy, I could use a bit of a distraction while I complete the bounded field I am working on... then we can take care of everything else..." she mused. It wasn't like a super high-tier plan, but she figured it had just enough spunk to work for this. The words from the Chieftain though, were ones which made Miki feel strangely. She understood potentially the regrets of parents and this man didn't want to be rid of his son in so brutal a manner as his untimely demise. When considering how such things generally worked out for NPCs, Miki could only nod and try to be reassuring. "I will do what I can, for your son. But I can't lie to you and promise he will return..." she said and following this would come a whistle, and said whistle would convert her pillow into dozens of small blades like kunai which would then take off behind the Chieftain, aiming to impale various enemies in an attempt to deter the assassination attempt. Of course, this would be signal for whatever Kou intended to do to start a distraction here and now. Miki already had the final rune of her collection in mind, and knew what it should be, but it needed to be placed behind the throne of the Chieftain to be effective.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast