Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Marsh Kingdom

Kou's eyes widened upon hearing the interjection of Karna. His face became a brilliant shade of red, and he turned his head away. He was completely taken aback with no proper response to the new addition to their Party, whereas Karna managed to produce the quickest of responses to Miki's mutterings. "Please. I could kill both of you in my sleep right now," he said calmly, moving on right away. A scoff passed the former Lizardman's lips in response to Shalza's query. He seemed indifferent until Shalza's visage hardened, at which point she spoke of his connection to her, as well as his ability to 'earn back' his scales. "No scales for me, I'm afraid. I'll keep the fangs. Maybe I'll rebirth Sharrkan again later, when I'm bored with this form. So... this banquet you spoke of?"

Miki was still embarrassed, that being said, she still meant the words which had fallen out of her head. The immediate comeback of Karna made her eyes flickered up to the lad, and mentally she made a goal which she didn't speak aloud. Whatever this goal was, her normally displeased expression looked a bit more menacing than it did normally, and she averted her gaze without saying anything else. She didn't know why she felt this sort of animosity, perhaps it was a combination of too many emotions for a single go, or maybe it was suddenly being weak again after being powerful. But regardless she seemed to be deep in thought and would float quietly along wherever she intended to go.

With the silence of the saviors, Shalza was left to speak with her 'brother', who claimed he didn't want his scales again, but kept his fangs. He even claimed he might rebirth his other character at some point in the future. "If the Ancestors will it. So be it..." mentioned the Guardian of the Lizardfolk. Beyond all of this there was the bit about the actual banquet which brought her attention away from her own naming and general happiness. "Oh yes, of course. Saviors! The banquet is within the confines of the village. We've gathered some our greatest for food and drink. And offerings of all forms will be made to the Ancestors this day..." the Guardian mentioned. "If you would follow me..." she said giving another bow before heading off. At this, Miki perked up and floated along, this was a strange moment and she wondered how different it would be from their experiences with the other creatures of lore.

"I think the Ancestors might be willing to make an arrangement," Karna said to the Lizard. With that, there was nothing left to do but attend the banquet prepared for the Saviors, and new royalty, of the Marsh Kingdom. He followed along behind Shalza, head held high with all the arrogance of an honored guest himself. Rather, one could say he was easily accepted by many of the Lizardfolk present, including King Sharrkan who still viewed Karna as his son. Kou remained abashed, though he moved forward nonetheless. For whatever reason, he could hear Karna snickering up ahead. He couldn't imagine why, but Karna had been one of the Lizardfolk for quite some time... and he knew what would transpire at celebrations such as what they were headed to.

There was a large gathering within the center of the Marshlands. A dais had been set up, complete with a bed of soft spongy leaves which made up a double sized throne which was meant for the guests of honor. Several fires blazed around the area in a circle, and another Dais would hold the King Sharrkan. The Lizardfolk all seemed to be moving about in various ways. Large plates of food and scantily-clad male and female Lizardfolk carried food about to various sources. Wooden cups were poured drink from vases which seemed to be made of terra cotta. 'Sou ka, they are like wild nature people. I can probably...' whatever thought was stopped by some very obvious public displays of affection taking place even within the center of this circle. 'Oh shit!' was her only thought as she stared out the corner of her eye as they walked.

All the while Shalza carried on as if such behavior was perfectly normal. "Saviors! This place is for you..." she said bowing before the dais. "We hope you find it most comfortable. All form of food and drink will be offered to you over the course of the night," said Shalza. At the speech of this recently named Guardian, Miki nodded, finally stopping staring at the train-wreck which was the outright way which the Lizardfolk seemed to approach life. It seemed their place of seating was set up as if it was intended for them to lounge about all day. Miki was fine with this given her own preferences while gaming and appreciated not being forced into an upright posture for too long. "Hai." she mumbled, still a bit distracted. Miki would wait properly for Kou to approach, before she'd also take a seat with him, using her weapon as a pillow for both of them.

The trio joined the Lizardfolk at the location of their banquet. Kou was in utter disbelief from the moment he approached. There was an unusual amount of debauchery taking place at this celebration. In fact, Kou was quite certain he was witnessing full-on copulation between members of this humanoid reptilian species around the dining hall. 'Uh... This is what they mean by banquet?' he wondered. Still, he made a very conscious effort to keep his gaze averted from the promiscuous Lizardfolk, as well as from Miki as he kept on his path toward the arranged seating. Little did he know, his efforts would be in vain due to the eventual approach of local females wishing to acquire fertilized eggs, and strapping male specimens wishing to offer fertilization... both of whom sought their answer in the form of their 'Ancestors' the Dragonoid Saviors. Being quite the local to the Marsh Kingdom, Karna knew this group would be arriving to greet their saviors soon with their requests, so he was content to wait next to the throne. In the meantime, Kou accepted a strange tea-like beverage from a nearby Lizardman, and whispered over the cup to whichever of his associates heard him. "I'm not the only one who sees this happening, right?"

Miki was quite stunned by what she was witnessing, so much so that she initially had nothing to say. 'How are they so okay with this?' she wondered mentally as she watched with only what one would consider minor shame as copulation took place. Moreover once she and Kou were seated and he was drinking the strange tea drink offered him, Miki took one as well and upon hearing his words replied carefully looking within the cup she drank from. "Yeah, I definitely see it. I don't know why I am seeing it though..." she said as her mind began moving. Moreover there were young Lizardfolk males and females both standing before them as a group which made Miki's left brow raise. "I don't know enough about what motivates the Lizardfolk..." Miki said shifting her eyes towards Karna who was still standing by this throne. "Karna, what's going on here?" Miki directed her question towards the person with the most knowledge of it from their own experience. When they'd decided to travel the path of the Lizardfolk, they hadn't initially intended to befriend them, knowing this, they didn't have all the necessary information to make this celebration a happy one for everyone involved. And if what they were seeing was any indication, this might turn into some sort of international incident.

"It looks like something that would happen on an HBO show..." Kou added following Miki's reply, hazarding a skeptical glance or two at the very free-willed Lizardfolk in the vicinity. What's more, certain members of the species approached the Adventurers on their joined throne, and one might note that the males alone were in line on Miki's side, while the females lined up before Kou. Synchronized kneeling would ensue from this group while Miki chose to address Karna for information regarding this approach. At long last, Karna was free to properly laugh at the fate of his new companions. "Survival is what's going on here. The Lizardfolk thrive in numbers, but the ancient texts speaks of their evolution to Dragonewts after being blessed by the Ancestors. You two are the Ancestors who descended from the heavens, but the Dance of Dragons never happened. The etchings say that if the Dance of Dragons goes unfinished, the Ancestors will bless their people with the evolution they've been waiting for," he explained. This shocked Kou, who began to mutter his way through his own understanding. "So... you mean..." he started, only to be interrupted by Karna. "The two of you didn't mate with each other, and everything they know says that means you're going to mate with them. They're lining up to see who each of you chooses."

"Yeah... reminds me of something I've..." there was a pause in Miki's speech as she realized the likeness in this moment to a show she'd followed religiously. 'Well, maybe it's different right? It can't be anything like...' whatever her thoughts were they paused in light of what was being said by Karna. Karna who mentioned that it was expected that the pair of them would have mated before. That did indeed seem to be where that was going, but it didn't really finish as such. Beyond that they were both now having lines of males and females in front of them, apparently waiting for them to choose a pair of them wanting to provide them with genetic material. "Why is that the leap? Who thinks that makes sense?" Miki asked aloud to Kou, knowing that it was likely he'd agree with her. 'It is crazy! I am human, a human teenager, at best I could have one maybe two kids but that is still an investment in time.' she thought quickly. 'Wait... why am I even trying to rationalize this? I didn't end up making it with the one person I know and consider a friend. I am not mating with a random Lizardman! Why would it be assumable I'd choose one of them when I didn't technically end up finishing with the one person it would have made sense to do it with?' Miki's mind raced her thoughts were too much even as she looked down on the bowed groups of people. She looked to Kou and aimed to begin the solo link of mental connection. 'I've never... I can't... I won't.' she stumbled through trying to explain her current disposition but settled firmly that she would not be participating in such an action with the Lizardfolk. She was too human and too much herself to think such a thing would be interesting. She wasn't about the Lizardfolk and she wouldn't even entertain it. Even her Dragonoid form didn't entertain the thoughts of the Lizardmen as her equal, as a human she didn't think herself better than them, but she had different emotions guiding her choices.

Just as Kou expected, it seemed these Lizardfolk sought a method of producing a new breed of their kin through mating with Kou and Miki due to their Dragonoid forms. What Kou was more bothered about, though, was the alleged Dance of Dragons referenced in Karna's explanation. 'Sou ka. That did almost happen, huh?' he thought, his face reddening again at the idea. More to the point though, Miki seemed resolved to take no part in any mating with the Lizardfolk, and Kou had to agree with his response through their link. 'I don't want anything to do with that. Don't they have cloacae?' he replied. Karna, though he had no place in this exchange, figured the two would be against the Lizardfolk method of advancement. As such, he stepped out in front of their throne and faced the pair of them, leaning forward with a sly grin on his face. "Oi, I get it. Neither of you wants to do anything like that. It's in the ancient texts though, so there are expectations now that you're involved. You could always just finish the Dance of Dragons~"

'Right?! They don't even have normal junk. We're human proper at this point, I don't even know if that works. I don't want to figure it out... I also don't want to give birth and I know I currently don't lay eggs...' she thought in response, falling into her inner monologue speech pattern. Of course, Karna seemed to be enjoying this entire thing way more than he should, and added in that the Ancient Texts that these Lizardfolk followed stated that once this pair of Dragonoids were involved, there was a Dragon Dance to be completed or they would mate with a set of others. Miki's eyes widened, and the young business person in her was not okay at all with these terms or conditions. "Where are these Ancient Texts? I want to see them..." this was the demand of Miki. She was far too well-educated to simply take someone else's word for what Ancient Texts or contracts said. After all, people often viewed words through the context they wanted them to have, to fit their own desires. For all she knew, all of this was a simple misinterpretation and it could be cleared up and this event could be turned into one much more normal for the pair of adventurers.

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast