Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Marsh Kingdom

"People of the Marshlands, rejoice! The future is ours to command, all thanks to the Ancestors who grace us!" This announcement came from Sharrkan to the other Lizardfolk of the kingdom. In a matter of moments, the entire kingdom was singing the praises of their 'ancestor' saviors, though Kou could only clearly hear the words of Miki in his mind. 'Iia. I didn't wanna do that either, so it works for both of us I guess. I'm glad everything came together in the end,' he transmitted to the lass.

Lizardfolk had begun gathering around properly, and numerous members of the kingdom carried long, ornate pipes. Of the player trio at the banquet, Karna was the first to receive the main pipe being passed around, if only because he reached out to take it from its previous holder. Without worry or hesitation, he smoked two drags from said pipe before offering it to the 'saviors' hailed by the Lizardfolk.

King Sharrkan made an announcement to the people, which resulted directly in their singing the praises of the pair of heroes they counted as their 'Ancestors'. It seemed from this point forward the party would continue on in a different way, which was at least relieving to Miki. 'Hai hai... Even though it was really weird at first, I'm glad we could still help them out,' she said willing to let the young man go without thanking him if it was what he wished. Though this hadn't been their initial intent when looking for the Lizardfolk, she was satisfied that there was a happy-ending in it for them.

As they moved along, it seemed that there was a pipe of some sort being passed around. Karna was the first to take it, and took two hits from it without having to do much else. He went on to pass it along, and it'd be Miki who ended up with it. To avoid experiences like her earlier ones she held on to it for a few seconds, but decided in this moment she'd just try it. Her logic being if Karna was fine, she should be too, but if it was horrible she could always blame Karna for it. She took her first hit and she felt the fiery feeling of smoke filling her longs, she took a second one, only to choke and have smoke come out of her nostrils. "Ugh, it burns... why does it burn?" she asked aloud as she coughed but handed it to Kou. If he didn't participate that was also fine, she simply didn't want to be forced into any more compromising situations.

'Hai. Same here.' This was the final message Kou shared with Miki through their mental link before he fully returned to his side of the honor throne. The Lizardfolk moving pipes about managed to take his attention away from the strange sexual activities others took part in, but made him even more curious about the methods of these people. Following Karna smoking the largest and most ornate of these pipes, and thinking nothing of it, Miki took a turn with the item. Her reaction of coughing was to be expected from her mention of the pipe burning, but since she'd tried it without fuss, Kou would do the same upon having it passed his way. Knowing of the potential burn ahead of time, he inhaled from the pipe slowly until the smoke filled his lungs and circulated its way outward through his nose and mouth. Meanwhile, Karna spoke in response to Miki. "It burns because it's smoke. Keep smoking it; you'll feel less of everything each time," he said, knowing well what each pipe - especially this one - contained.

Both the young saviors were now sitting or rather lounging in their particular throne. Their conversation within their minds seemed to match up very nicely Still Kou took hits from the pipe as Miki recovered from the initial burning in her lungs, beyond this point, Karna came in with more information which related directly to the burning sensation the lass had received in her lungs. Though she'd asked her question rhetorically, she couldn't really deny the usefulness of Karna in giving information on Lizardman customs. "Less of everything, huh?" Miki said, she wondered exactly what she was smoking now, but decided that much like drinking with the Dwarves and Fairies, she'd probably be happier if she didn't think about it too much. One final shake of her head would result in the burning clearing from her nose and she'd go on to relax. That being said, Kou seemed to have a much easier time of it than Miki had initially.

As Kou took his second drag from the pipe, Karna set his attention on Miki. She didn't seem to gather the exact purpose of the pipe before smoking from it, but with her question on the proverbial table, Karna thought it worthwhile to reply. "Less of everything, yes. That tends to be how drugs work," he said blandly. Kou heard this, and was surprised such a thing could be so freely offered... and yet, he also seemed fine with it. In fact, he could already feel whatever drug this was beginning to work. "That's new. What kind of drug is this?" he asked while passing the pipe. In response to this question, Karna shrugged. "You think I did drugs back home? I dunno, something like opium." With that said, Karna quickly took two puffs and handed the pipe off to Miki. He would purposefully wait until he confirmed that she would continue smoking before continuing his clause. "Or ecstasy. Probably a bit of that effect, too."

Miki hadn't expected anything resembling an answer to her rhetorical question, even so, knowing that there were drugs on the table made this a bit more wary of a situation. But as said drugs had already begun working she couldn't muster anything resembling a normal amount of panic. 'Well, at least no one drowned me in liquor or anything...' she mentally mused. Of course, this was added to in thought by Kou who questioned what he thought it was like, it seemed that the boy known as Rook apparently wasn't much into drugs in his human life. Even so he would have likened such a concoction closer to Opium. 'Ah, those are used in hospital grade painkillers, that would explain potential numbness. Anything bad would be associated with prolonged use, so a bit now and again can't be all bad... Moderation is key.' she reasoned. So as the pipe was passed back to her, she took another hit, finding it much easier than she had the first time, until of course she heard the secondary potential effect. This would cause the girl to choke as she passed the pipe along. "Ack! Ecstasy?!" she questioned as if scared. Now it should be stated that it wasn't as if Miki did a lot of drugs herself, but she'd been forced into way too many parties with other rich kids to not at least have some idea of the lay of the land when it came to narcotics. Even so, the more pressing matter is why this young lad hadn't felt the need to share that half of the information before allowing Miki to take another hit of this particular drug.

Whatever reason Karna had for being so devious, it was worthwhile in the end, as his work seemed to be paying off. He managed to bait a choking reaction from Miki as the lass stopped smoking the pipe, but she had already taken three drags in total before passing it off this second time. "What, did you think these people were publicly fucking each other just to do it? Who would even consider doing such a thing? Obviously not you, but that's what the pipes are for. Loosen up!"

The pipe had already been moved into Kou's hand, and though he heard what it was likened to, he accepted that he'd already smoked from it twice, and was already under its effects to some extent. For all he knew, he couldn't become too much more intoxicated from something like smoke... though he didn't know much, it seemed. Two more drags filled the ashen-haired boy's lungs before Karna reached out to take the pipe for his next turn. "Now there's a guy who's willing to party. Or... smoke away his troubles. I dunno. I'm not one to pry," he said between taking puffs for himself. "Not one to pry? Everything you're doing seems contradictory then," Kou replied, even as he became more and more relaxed in the throne for two. Karna only laughed, making an effort to hold the pipe out toward Miki once more. "Well, Oujo-san? Willing to live a little?"

The devious behavior of Karna didn't go unnoticed by Miki who was apparently the target of most of his attention for whatever reason. He further provided information, claiming that the pipes were the reason at least in part, for the obvious fornication going on between the Lizardfolk. He claimed such a thing was meant to help people loosen up. Miki couldn't help but be incredulous, why would she have assumed anything but anyone's nature at face value. "Firstly, why would I assume anything like that..." she said having finally cleared the smoke from her lungs. She found herself reaching for her drink which she finished to balance out the burning in her chest, which appeared there for the second time because of the meddling of Karna. Whatever the case he went on to say that he wasn't prying but Kou seemed like the type to just have a good time. Kou pointed out that he was obvious prying which brought a raised brow and much agreement from Miki. Having settled now though she was content to not say anything more until she was addressed directly. She looked at him skeptically for just a few seconds. "I really don't know whether you are nice and want me to have a good time. Or if you're just being annoying..." she said of the lad, still she supposed there was no extra harm in continuing what she'd been doing the whole time, though she was still particularly sketched out by Karna. She accepted the pipe from the lad, and managed to have two more smoke filled lungs of it this time without incident. Soon after she passed it along and her body took on a more relaxed posture as well, whatever the case of this drug she seemed to be a little less high-strung than normal.

"Probably because it would be rude to assume they were just perverts," Karna quipped. As for whether he was nice or annoying, he wouldn't say with any certainty. Instead, he shrugged and chuckled. "Maybe I'm an annoyingly nice guy. It doesn't matter what I am. Smoke the pipe, and don't bother yourself with my motives," he continued without much else to add. Kou had the pipe again at this point, and he took no issue with continuing to smoke it. He had even continued to relax, to such an extent that he was eventually leaning toward Miki's side of the throne without even realizing that he wasn't sitting upright. "Whatever the case... this is some pretty good whatever it is."

Somehow a very wrong impression was given by Miki's surprise at the Lizardfolks' activity during this celebration. She scoffed at the idea that she somehow thought them perverted, because the truth of the matter was she didn't at all. Given her current relaxed state, she explained this even as her body shifted a bit closer towards the side of the throne occupied by Kou. "Perverts? Not at all, I was assuming they're just free-spirited and open. But go ahead and tell me how that is more rude than assuming they're on drugs..." she said flippantly. She was quite annoyed by the logic, but to be perfectly honest, she'd read and seen worse in other forms of media, she wasn't being judgmental of the Lizardfolk, she simply knew she wasn't about to participate in such a thing. After saying her peace the lass was content to simply lean in her upright position. She didn't have anything resembling a negative feeling in her body. Karna continued to prod, choosing to state that he was annoyingly nice and that she shouldn't concern herself with his motives... "Fine. Pass today, no promises about tomorrow," Miki said with a delighted giggle. Whatever the case was with this young man, he admittedly didn't seem like a bad person to her, so she was willing to let slide his behavior for now. Moreover, Kou spoke again, this time to the quality of the substance they were currently experiencing. "Agreed." she said taking a moment to simply enjoy this life experience. Not even seeming to notice or care about Kou's approach, though given their prior experiences, she didn't mind his invasion of her personal space. Perhaps at some time in the future they'd realize they were basically on a controlled substances tour of the kingdoms of this world.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast