Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Fairy Forest

Miki could only nod. In all honesty the blonde-haired lass was the type who'd rather consult singular people than to have to go seeking out multiple new people each time she needed something. This way, if their Blacksmith was indeed a player, she could find him somewhat dependable and maybe even build a rapport between them. As she thought this over, a topic she'd yet to discuss with Kou came up in conversation, as he questioned if she'd reached level 50. "Uh... I got to exactly level 50. I spent a whole weekend playing Age of Eternity alone and binged on the experience. I confirmed I wanted Alter Ego and I ended up... here. I thought my game had crashed when I was trying to load into the Nexus. Playing this game in VR made my first few minutes here not weird, then frightening..." Miki confessed as they headed off towards the Fairy Queen's Throne.

As they walked, Kou showed a bit of optimism, stating that if Dakini was actually a player, then it meant they could literally go for anything while they were here. Miki hadn't really thought too much about it, at first she was only really concerned with surviving, but it was a nice thought that they might be able to get a bit further in their lives here. "That's a pretty good outlook. I think I am gonna stick with it, even if she isn't a player... it's nice to think you don't have to restrict yourself here..." she confirmed, as they made their way to Dakini's Throne. The blonde-haired fairy queen would be found sitting in the middle of a large sunflower like throne the very epitome of happiness. "Oi! You two sleep well? You look like you did~" she chimed in to the pair of them. Such words caused Miki to blush slightly, and she suddenly became very happy that she hadn't talked with Gowther after the night they'd spent in the Dwarven Kingdom. While looking abashed Miki had a look at Dakini's stats sheet and confirmed the secondary page, and beyond that got to see her username. 'Sugoi!' Miki thought, having gained her confirmation.

"Sou ka. That's exactly what happened to me. I wonder if anyone has ever seen whatever's past level 50. What if... getting to level 50 here will just send us back?" Kou wondered aloud. It had become clear that the Alter Ego Class was at least partially linked to the transportation into this new world, but perhaps there was something else to it as well. Only time would tell for certain.

Soon, they were upon the Fairy Queen's throne, where Dakini herself sat in all her glory as matriarch. Her question of whether the Adventurers slept well would receive no verbal response from Kou. He was quite preoccupied scanning her parameters and pinning her ID from Age of Eternity as one he certainly recognized. The only words to leave his mouth would address this, seeming a bit unnaturally serious as he did. "Hmph. Of course you're the Fairy Queen. Ohayou, Shion-san."

"That'd be kind of rude... I'm enjoying this," Miki mentioned of her time to living in this world. Of course, like most people who did this sort of thing, she was committed to the idea of living out her best life in the world of her dreams, something like this was exactly what she was looking for out of her life. Beyond this though, the Fairy Queen received no answer to her question and instead was addressed by a name she hadn't heard in quite a long time. One she couldn't even say herself after appearing here. "Sh... Dakini. Yep. Still can't say that name. It's strange to me the boy with the tag, Geno Killer knows my name. Stay off my scoreboard!" the Fairy Queen stated seemingly in jest, though in truth she really couldn't say her own name, or feel anything remotely close to attachment to it, for whatever reason. Though the mention of a scoreboard seemed to remind her of something, she shook away the thought. "Whatever, probably doesn't matter very much now... I can't really tell you much about this though..." she explained rather quickly. She knew of others who were players and knew these two to be players. Admittedly there was something strange about this pair, and it was mostly their instant formation of a party and their adventures together. 'He... recognizes her, from before...' Miki thought, feeling very strangely about this, and because she had no words for the feelings, she kept them to herself. As much as she could in the presence of the fairies. Her internal alteration in mood made Dakini look towards her again as if to comfort her. This look made Miki's face turn red, and she turned away rather quickly.

Kou had expected Dakini to be a player, but he somehow hadn't expected her to be the girl who reigned supreme as Age of Eternity's #1 player. Her mention of his username brought something of a cheeky grin to Kou's face. "It's just about too late for that. If I didn't end up here, I think I would have taken the title from you in another few hours," he boasted. Whether this was true or not was something Kou left up to Dakini's interpretation, but that wasn't the matter of importance here. Sadly, Dakini had no information regarding their existence in this world. And yet, Kou had a certain curiosity regarding her disappearance from their world... so he stated a specific fact rather openly. "You're Fairy Queen, level 50, and very high-tier in your build. That's weird... since you've only been missing school since about a week ago," he said. There was a strange time discrepancy in Dakini's disappearance as a human and the level she was at here now, even given her record in the game. The reason he knew of this was simply... because Kou attended the same school as the human named Shion.

"Puh-lez, I've been on Age of Eternity since the early Alpha. No way a few hours would have had you taking my spot..." Dakini said, apparently the lass was quite serious about her games. It was in this moment Miki realized where she'd heard the name Shion before. Shion Tatara was a girl who attended the same high school as Miki, and was considered a professional gamer. So much so, that she got an excused absences to make appearances at gaming conventions. 'Sou ka...' Miki thought for a few seconds. But what was said by Kou next made Miki's eyes widen quite a bit. 'Wait that means he also goes to my school?!' this was now something a very different bit of strange for Miki, realizing that she was basically making friends within her high school was strange indeed. "A week huh? Well... time passes different in this world, and even more differently from that within the Fairy Forest. You stayed the night here, more than a week as passed in the lands outside of this space. And if one talked to people outside of this place about me, they'd tell you I've been around for a few years. Everywhere is different though... I became Queen of the Fairies because this quest was the last one I was working on so I knew how to trigger it. You know after getting over the initial, OMG where the fuck am I thing..." Dakini explained of her current living situation.

Kou wasn't too bothered by the potential comparisons between himself as Geno Killer and Dakini as Age of Eternity's top player. However, her claim that his rise was impossible in the mentioned amount of time made Kou reach into the pack by his rear. A single movement from there, and he was tossing toward Dakini the very same mask fragment he'd obtained during his last moments of gameplay. If nothing else, he was sure this would prove his point well enough. "I know where the next two pieces are. I only need the location of one more, but my score for collecting that piece should be set already."

Moving on, Kou received confirmation of the way time was skewed between this world and theirs, and Dakini stressed that there was even more of a difference here within the Fairy Forest. "So we've been here a few days, but it could have been only a few hours back home? That means times is passing the same way it does when you just leave the game on. I wonder if there's a way to use that..."

Dakini was about to be surprised by something, and it wasn't at all what she expected. Her little playful pissing match with the lad known as Geno Killer ended with him tossing a mask fragment towards her. She caught it and stared at it her eyes widening greatly. "WHAT?! You got a Fragment of the Mask of the Dragon Emperor!?" she was all but shocked. This was some recently released content and no one really knew where to find all of it. There were cooperative groups of people trying to work out how to get all of the pieces and here he just had one. 'Ano, this is a weird interaction between two obviously intense gamers. I wonder if I am considered a casual by such people...' Miki wondered choosing not to enter into this particular group at all. She sucked her teeth but threw the Mask Fragment back. "Ugh, whatever! I'm the Fairy Queen! I don't much care about the other stuff anymore. Still, at least you'll be worth watching for a while," she said conceding the lad's skill at the very least.

As their conversation moved on, it seemed that the lad had some kind of idea about how the passage of time related to their in-game or in-world time in this case. "Ah, something like that, the game was like on 24 minute days... This world is probably on a similar conversion, which means you have all the time in the world to level up," she said with a curteous nod. "Oh and I feel like it goes without saying, if you two get the funding together for your guild. I'll be nice and back you up too..." she commented which made Miki smile. 'Sou ka, she's pretty nice for a sort of delinquent.' was the thought that passed the girl's mind. "Oi, if you make it to the Dragon's Gate... you gotta come back and tell me about it. Also you need the key to the Gate not just the Mask..." she added in. As a person who was a bit of an insider she was aware of several aspects concerning the game. She wasn't sure they completely translated to this world, but they could potentially and she'd rather her friends be ready for it. "Arigatou Gouzaimasu... one more question, how do we leave the Fairy Forest exactly?" Miki asked as it was clear this realm wasn't directly apart of the normal one, at least not in the same way as walking around outside would lead one to believe.

"Hai. The last thing I did was finish the quest that got me that piece. The next two were coming soon," Kou stated to the queen. His hand rose again to catch the returned mask fragment, and as he returned it to his pack, he offered some clarification. "If you were wondering, this came of a rare spawn rogue Goblin Lord. Next was going to be a Kijin."

An interesting note to make within Kou's mind was the time-shift between worlds, and how the Nexus could react to it. They already had strange interactions with the world's Nexus. If these notions went as far as he thought they would, he figured something very interesting could be done by interfacing with the Nexus in other ways. Irrespective of all that, the Adventurer pair was given the approval of the Fairy Queen to start their Guild whenever they had the means. There were only three faction approvals to go now. Additionally, Dakini referenced the Dragon's Gate and the fact that they also required a key if they wished to utilize it. "The Bones of Rathma? She has it," he said, tilting his head in a gesture toward his companion Miki.

Kou explained how he'd come across the Mask Fragment and Dakini managed to be surprised. From what she'd experienced of the game, the only way to encounter that sort of rare spawn would have been to pursue Goblin hordes as a somewhat ridiculous amount. In fact, it likely would have required killing only them for an extended period of time. "You killed enough Goblins to spawn a rogue Goblin Lord? That's...intense actually, there isn't anything like that here anymore. If what you are wanting next is to go hunting for Kijin be careful, they only come in high level... they'll be dangerous," she said, it seemed that though this girl in life was an extreme form of gamer. As a the Fairy Queen within the game she wouldn't see any harm coming to her ambassadors.

The mention of the Dragon Gate and the subsequent pieces required to access it, made Dakini's gaze shift. This wasn't because she was simply done with the conversation but because it was mentioned that one of the other pivotal pieces for it, was already in the possession of this pair. Most specifically, that Miki had it, this made the Fairy Queen's eyes widen. "How many people were coming for me? How the hell did you get the Bones of Rathma?" she asked of Miki, the other blonde had the nerve to look embarrassed as she explained how she got such an item, while she pulled it from within her robes to be seen by the Fairy Queen. "It dropped as loot from an Orc Lord I encountered. Also I wasn't interested in your spot or anything. I was just having fun, Age of Eternity was going to be my immersive solo-experience," Miki mentioned of her gaming experience. "Orc Lord too... so both of you, chose a creature type and went in on it enough to see the rarest spawns. Then you both spawned here and low levels, and found each other... and partnered up, managing to somehow become friends and not just end up in a standoff because creep factor. Alright..." the Fairy Queen said. Still there was something a bit too convenient about these two finding each other, and partying up at low levels only to end up together for the long haul in their adventure. 'Perhaps the Nexus did it on purpose...' mused the Fairy Queen. "That's pretty interesting. You're closer to it than I thought, when you make it that Dragon Gate... I wanna know about it. As for leaving the Fairy Forest... If you follow the path out there, you'll be able to re-emerge somewhere near that ravine. To be honest, it should let out somewhere near Eonis. Here..." she said a dusting of glowing fairy dust to lead them on their way out of the forest.

"They're around somewhere. Goblins are tricky and their superiors don't like to come out of hiding. They'd much sooner send all the little ones out to keep bringing back women to breed," Kou said, having done enough Goblin hunting to be very aware of the lore behind the creatures. Tapping his temple with his forefinger, he continued the clause. "That's what makes Goblins tricky. They learn at the same rate as humans." Frankly, Kou was glad he didn't have to repeat the quests he did to receive this mask fragment now that he was in this world. What he came to realize as they moved on to speak about the Bones of Rathma though, was something concerning. "Five total factions hiding five key pieces to the Dragon's Gate. I don't like this series of numbers being so common around here."

Kou was content to ignore the coincidence surrounding Miki and himself discovering one another at such an early point. If it was important, it would rise as a piece to a bigger puzzle eventually. Turning to the exit as Dakini lit the way, he stepped forward at a slow pace. In doing so, he was able to keep speaking without worry of not being heard. What he had to say... was his response to Dakini wanting to know about the Dragon's Gate. "You mean you want to be involved? The leaks about the Dragon's Gate implied it's not something that can be done with less than six people. The devs didn't even think you would be able to handle it with a small or sub-par party."

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast