Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy Forest

'Just wondering... I am for this too... this place was on my to do list before,' she said about the fairy forest. The flower she was given made her feel strangely about it, still she sipped from the center of it, and her eyes widened immediately. "This is tasty, like really tasty. Tasty alcohol is dangerous..." Miki said as several smaller fairies flew with flowers between them drinking and making merry like they knew the reason for this particular party. To her words Dakini had only one thing to say. "Told ya' Fairies know how to party too!~" she commented drinking from a large white flower herself and floating off her throne. "Oi! I have to tell you all something. These two Heroes freed me from a Dwarven Prison. Then worked for me as my ambassadors. They quelled a war, it was pretty awesome. They drank 3 mugs each of Dwarven Ale. And and and... they made it through the Labyrinth!~" she said all the fairies around seemed to be surprised but there was a flutter of light and fairy dust around the area as bio-luminescent flowers began to open as the sun began to lower in the sky. "If that isn't worth a party, I don't know what is... so, we're making sure they got nectar to drink all night!~" the Fairy Queen was seemingly very strange, but Miki couldn't really argue with this at all. As she finished her first flower full, several other fairies floated about with jars of nectar to refill the flowers. Others started playing musical instruments and others still began to dance around in circles seemingly having a good time. 'Hm, Fairies have their own kind of parties.'

Kou drank from the flower he'd been offered until it was completely drained of the nectar it contained. When he was done, he looked into the empty petals and contemplated what he'd just consumed. It was amazingly flavorful, far beyond what the Dwarves had to offer. If he had to compare it to something, he'd have placed it somewhere between syrup and honey. "This is alcohol?" he wondered aloud, only having the thought initially because Miki had brought up the alcohol content of the nectar, but by the time he questioned this, his flower was being refilled by one of the Fairies. He would be drinking again whether he wanted to or not, but it wasn't so bad. "So... not to sound racist... speciesist? Whatever it is... Do Fairies sleep on beds of leaves?"

"Yep! The best all around!~ It's the drink of gods!~" one little fairy chimed in about nectar. It seemed that Miki was right about it being alcohol, even so she kept drinking because it'd already been offered to her. As she sipped she was soon choking as Kou asked a question about the sleeping habits of fairies. Miki's face was red as she turned around and leaned away... 'Oh my god. I can't believe he said that...' her mind raced as she laugh-coughed and tried to clear up her sinuses surprisingly by drinking more nectar. "Wow. Looks like you almost killed your partner there... but to answer your question. Most of the little fairies sleep inside flowers or flower beds. The bigger ones sleep in beds of leaves and the normal sized ones like us... sleep in hammocks. When we sleep... we don't always have to. I sleep like once every two weeks," Dakini mentioned. "We set up a nice big hammock for you guys, under the stars in one of the weird outsider huts..." mentioned the yellow fairy known as Daisy as she patted Miki on the back trying to help the girl along, while motioning for her flower to be filled again. A cough and sputter escaped the blonde lass as she waited for her flower to be filled again. "Alright, I'm good now. That hurt... a bit... I think I have nectar in my lung," Miki managed finally though her face was indeed still tinted a heavy shade of red.

When Kou offered an inquiry to the Fairies, Miki had an odd reaction. The girl began coughing in a way that implied laughter beginning abruptly in the middle of drinking, and closer inspection proved this to be true. The other thing that proved true this day was the bed of leaves used by Fairy-kind. This wasn't something done by all Fairies, but the other options didn't seem much different. He would have considered sleeping in a flower to be the best of three options if not for the fact that they were too small for those of human size. A hammock would have to do for the Adventurers. The mention of this, though... was something Kou found strange. "Oh, well alright. Wait... Did you say A hammock?" he asked, seeking confirmation that they had yet again been forced into a situation that placed them in a single bed to sleep in.

"Aww, too bad, I would have enjoyed trying out a flower... though I don't mind hammocks. I haven't slept in one of those in forever," Miki said. "Arigatou..." she thanked the fairies for their kindness, seeming to glance over the fact that she'd once again be sharing a sleeping space with Kou. Technically speaking as it was a third day in a row kind of occurance she could hardly say she was surprised by this, she might have thought the fairies would have been more likely to room them separately, but Dakini soon came with an explanation for that. "Yes, a hammock and a hut. A really nice one though... I watched you two sleep last night, it seemed like the best possible arrangement," the Fairy Queen mentioned as if it was the most innocent thing in the world. And to her, it was, given that fairies were creatures of nature and all forms of it were fine with them, they had no real understanding of structured relationships or marriage or even long term relationships so they saw nothing wrong with any of this. "Sou ka..." this was Miki's only statement to be made. If she was being honest, she didn't really mind sharing a room with Kou or even a bed for the most part. He was a good and fun person to be around and to be honest she kind of didn't mind his company. Even so she wouldn't force the issue regardless, if Kou wanted something different she'd leave him to it.

Indeed, there was but one hut and one hammock arranged for the young Adventurers. Kou sighed internally upon receiving this information. In three nights, he had gone from a shared bed to the same situation in closer quarters, and now this would be his fate. Hammocks didn't exactly lend to space for two as far as he knew. Even so, he wasn't exactly up in arms about the situation... but that made it no less awkward while it was happening. "Oh... alright," he said to the queen, taking a moment thereafter to begin drinking again. Though he fell silent externally, he had but one thought running through his mind. 'This world is gonna be the death of me...'

The Fairy Queen Dakini patted Kou on the back. As a fairy she could read his heart and understood, but felt that her interference in this way was fine. "There there... you'll be fine," she said happily. "Speaking of, Pansy! Keep 'em coming, I'm going dancing~" this was the word of the Fairy Queen and she would again be served. She'd begin dancing in the middle of the flickering lights of smaller fairies. A grin crossed the face of Miki as she looked out at the Fairy Queen enjoying herself, dancing around the space seeming to pull in to other fairies. There was something unique and innocent in this, like watching children play. 'Sugoi! That looks like fun...' was a thought that the blonde haired young woman had in passing. Strangely, several minutes into this dance, as soon as Miki had relaxed and finished work on what had to be her fourth or maybe fifth nectar, Dakini slipped pretty close by, aiming to pull the girl in by one arm. "Come on... I know you want to," she said to Miki tossing the blonde into the middle of the dazzling array of fairy lights and happy dancing. Having just enough to drink to feel free, Miki danced with the fairies, with nothing but joy in her face. 'This is awesome!'

The pat on his back by the Fairy Queen alerted Kou to the meaning behind her following words. With this came an understanding that she could read him in some way, even if a bit different compared to Titania's method. 'Sou ka... just a Fairy thing then,' he thought. A few casual sips would ensue, and as he drank, he also watched the beginning of a dance party of sorts. Miki watched on as well until being dragged into the fray. Kou took a tentative step back, but he couldn't bring himself to stop watching the festivities while he worked toward emptying another flower of nectar.

While Miki danced with the rest of the fairies, Dakini slipped off again, and would end up floating along side Kou. She watched Miki dance as well, and the girl seemed to be enjoying herself quite a bit. "No wallflowers!" Dakini mentioned, several flowers of nectar in she was having this party and it was going to be fun. Between the music, dancing and the new adventurers she fully intended to exploit their popularity. As an aside, she also fully intended to have them dance together, her call of now wallflowers would have her, trying to force Kou into the fray.

Kou was content to stand on the sidelines and observe, even having a solid few moments to lose himself in thought while the nectar took hold of him. Sadly, this could not be. Dakini made her way toward the lad and swore against wallflowers as she attempted to force him into the dancing group. Whilst being pushed forward, Kou did all he could to resist in an attempt to remain out of the fray. "No no, I... uhh..." There was a fact about the lad known as Kou, or whoever he was in the world of humans... He couldn't dance. He'd never had need nor opportunity to learn how to do so, so in this exact situation, he'd rather have avoided it entirely. Still, he didn't exactly want to admit to his lack of ability either.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast