Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy Forest

"You've been watching long enough, figure it out!" Dakini didn't seem to be giving the lad much of an option and continued to push him as if she fully intended for him to be swallowed up by the dancing crowd of fairies. Within this crowd though a small glimmer of hope, as Miki who'd been dancing for quite a while made her way to the edge, and upon seeing the forcefulness of Dakini, Miki extended a hand to Kou knowing how awkward it could be to be forced into dancing if you weren't exactly ready for it. "Come on, you can't be that bad~" Miki mentioned with no knowledge of whether the lad could dance or not, but she'd attending enough parties to know those on the walls either couldn't dance or were easily embarrassed. Her own logic indicated it would be worse to be forced in such a situation so she offered her companion a hand, with an accompanying smile. If he took her had she'd lead him into the fray happily moving to the rhythm of the music, appeasing the demands of the Fairy Queen while not throwing Kou to the wolves...

Despite his resistance, Dakini shoved away until Kou was in the mix. He was beginning to rethink agreeing to staying here for the night. It seemed the Fairy Queen Dakini was doing more instigating than anything else, though Miki approached once he was thrown in, and offered aide. He took her hand without thinking, only to be pulled along. "But... I..." he stammered, noting that Miki had already begun moving to the music. Under pressure, there was hardly much he could do besides begin moving as well, though he only managed the stiffest of sways and shifts. "I'm really not into this... dancing thing..."

Miki had her hand taken and as such she led the lad further into the fray, but she did so while moving happily along. Her own body was quite relaxed and as such she found the beat easily and was able to move about without hindrance. But not much to her surprise Kou seemed to still be stiff, and went on to mention that he didn't really dance. She heard out what he had to say in this moment and smiled. "But you could give it a shot, since we're partying in the fairy forest..." she said softly, looking back on it, it was less invasive than being force fed Dwarven Ale the night before. "First, you gotta relax. Loosen up those shoulders as you find the beat..." she said giving happy and casual dance advice. "Then you just go with it, a little bounce here, a little sway there... and another flower of nectar, and you'll forget all about it~" Miki stated content to dance with the lad as he found his feet. She found freedom in this particular thing, and only wanted to help the lad feel more comfortable as they stayed here together.

"Uhh..." Kou wasn't sure what to say, but he was without a ton of choices. He had the guidance of Miki toward finding greater ease in dancing, and it all made things sound easier than Kou was finding it to be. He was in a slightly drunken state as it was, so loosening up wasn't too difficult, especially as he downed more nectar. He had a much harder time being comfortable enough to follow the beat, yet... he figured a bit of cheating was fine, and the idea he had lifted his spirits a bit. By use of the Saber Class Skill Instinct, he intently watched Miki move and read into her future movements. He kept his gaze set on the lass, and was soon finding himself capable of properly adjusting to how she would move in the next moment. And as such, a less-awkward dance of two began at last.

As she continued to sway to the beat, Miki took the time to observe Kou's movements. She noticed that over time they became less stiff and that without too much coaxing he eventually managed to get into a less awkward general dance with Miki. A grin came to her face as she noted this lad's marked improvement, and she thought it best to comment as such. "Nice!~ I see you, getting the hang of it..." she said continuing only with the most simplistic of moves for the lad to keep up with while enjoying the music. Though Miki had danced before and had been pulled into this fun a little earlier, she still found this to be more fun with Kou involved. She couldn't have explained why this was but she enjoyed it nonetheless. Watching the festivities take place while still managing to be around Dakini could only nod her head in approval, having finally gotten the lad into a better dancing state, she would leave the pair alone for a bit.

Well into the swing of things, Kou would eventually find movements of his own without having to rely on reading into Miki's movements. He abandoned the use of his Instinct Skill and simply... danced. A surprisingly fun time would be had by the young male thereafter, and he began moving without a care. He became rather satisfied with these festivities, the drink, and present company. Time passed from there, until it eventually neared the hour of rest...

Eventually Kou seemed to get the hang of dancing properly, and even seemed to be about as carefree as Miki herself. They danced for a good long while, enjoyed the festivities. And then when they were about ready for bed, the little fairy known as Daisy made her way over to them. "Come on... Queen Dakini told me to show you were you would be staying..." she said having floating between the pair. Miki hadn't mentioned being tired, but she was learning that the fairies seemed to be aware of things she hadn't really gotten to admitting herself. Soon enough Miki at least was following along beside the fairy, though she was admittedly taking a rather slow pace due to her own intoxicated state. Gentle stumbling aside they were soon shown to a mostly modern cabin complete with gravity based indoor plumbing. Even so, their actual bedroom, was a large hammock strung up under a skylight which let them see the fullness of the night sky from the protection of the indoors. "Here you are. Have a nice night~" mentioned the little fairy as she slipped off without much a care in the world. "Arigatou..." Miki managed as she stared at the hammock. Hammocks sounded really nice while she was sober, now she was wondering if she could manage to get in without falling all over the place.

In light of the previous night, Kou had made a conscious effort to drink less than he had before. Better yet, the nectar provided in the Fairy Forest was a bit shy of Dwarven Ale as far as potency was concerned, so Kou was just sober enough to make his way to the hut without trouble when the time came. Miki seemed to have a less easy time, though she made it nonetheless. And lo, there it was at the end of the path... a room with an amazing view, and but a single hammock for the Adventurers to share. "Sankusu," he said to their Fairy guide while stepping into the hut. Looking at the hammock, he wondered genuinely if his companion would be alright, considering her stumbles down the hall. "Is this gonna be alright for you?" he asked with a certain level of legitimate concern.

Miki stared at the hammock for a little while longer before Kou's voice caught up with her. His question about whether she'd be alright for this was one she'd very recently asked herself, so she aimed for honesty. "Well... I kinda just asked myself the same question. I'm not as drunk as I was yesterday... I don't think, but I'd be super embarrassed if I fell trying to get into the hammock," she said with a quizzical expression. "So I'm just gonna get comfy and see what happens and you, you're gonna promise not to tell anyone if I fall..." she said in a moment of absolute seriousness, before devolving into laughter. It was obviously a joke and with that in mind the girl leaned against a wall and removed her boots, her cloak and even leaned her weapon in a corner nearby the hammock. Beyond her joking thoughts, she wondered how they would share this hammock, considering the amount of distance they normally put between themselves when they fell asleep. Deciding not to dwell on it too much she stared out at this phenomenal view and waited just a bit. Her own idea, to wait until Kou got into the hammock and then climb in after him.

Kou raised a brow as his gaze fell upon Miki. She seemed well-off enough... just about. Knowing he was presently the more sober of the two though, he figured he should at least keep an eye out for the lass. As such, he kept her in sight as they both went on to discard all unnecessary articles and accessories, and as Miki stared into the sky, he hopped into the hammock and swung it toward the wall. After a single swing toward the wall, he reached out with his right hand and grabbed a windowsill to steady the hammock and himself, then offered his left hand to Miki. "It's fine; you won't fall. Come on," he said with his hand extended.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast