Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Dwargon

Though it took a bit longer than Kou would have preferred, the Fairy Queen seemed to be progressing toward a reasonable conclusion thanks to the interjection of each Adventurer. Dakini agreed to take them on as her ambassadors when dealing with the Dwarves, but she was also quick to vacate the premises after coming to said conclusion. Kou looked on in awe, holding out his hand as if he intended to halt the queen with his actions... but alas, she was gone. "Wai-... ugh! I didn't mean we should be left to do it alone. This is gonna be awkward," he said as he turned toward Miki. "We definitely just opened a weird subplot. Buuut... if we finish this off, we could just get Dakini to hand over the sap you need for your gear. Unless the Dwarves aggro on us, which I'm pretty sure they will do, we might have an easier time than we thought. Either way, let's get moving before more guards show up and blame us for a prison break," he continued, ending his clause there whilst making every effort to escape the mine and grab an armful of Magic Crystals en route to the exit.

It seemed that Kou hadn't intended for them to have to face the dwarf king alone. Of course, this was the general thought of everyone, except apparently the rather flighty Fairy Queen who disappeared at her earliest convenience. Though not without leaving them with the idea that she accepted their help. As they discussed potential difficulties, Miki managed to only chuckle. "Maybe we'll get lucky, and it will be one of those cut-scenes where they draw blades but we say just enough to avoid the actual fight~" Miki mentioned without knowing the full way this world worked assuming that it'd be less likely for people if they thought they were real to just fight without reason. Regardless, it seemed their time in the mine, would be very short lived, and as they began to make their escape, Kou picked up several crystals, and Miki did the same, assuming they could up their chances of getting some good material out of the exchange for the lad with her. "Hai hai, I wouldn't want to get blamed for that~" she mused, which was true. It hadn't been her intention to get caught up in something as scandalous as a prison break, but she supposed they would just need to see where this was going. She'd follow the lad wherever he was going, keeping an eye on all around them to ensure their safety. Her own extra crystals tucked into the pockets of her cloak as well as her hip side pouches.

"I don't know if we can get so lucky, but it's worth hoping for!" said Kou, who never stopped moving toward his objective, even after escaping the mine. He continued onward with his only intention being to reach the Dwarf King in his palace. The police force in this area would surely be of no use, so the only proper option he could think of was to go to the top of the proverbial food chain. The palace wasn't too much farther away than the blacksmith shop they'd previously visited, so it wasn't an incredibly long trip to reach the palace. Getting inside was easy enough as well, though the pair would be halted at the courtroom by a mass of guards keeping them from approaching the king himself. Speaking of the king, the male figure sat atop a throne elevated nearly a full story over the ground floor. He had a long face and pronounced cheekbones, long black hair reaching his lower back, and mutton chops connected to a mustache while being otherwise clean-shaven. While pressed against the spears of a pair of guards suddenly on either side of him, Kou called out to the king. "Oi! We're here as ambassadors for the Fairy Forest!"

Miki followed along with the lad, though he wasn't as apparently sold on the optimism, he was willing to give it a try. As they progressed through the city they went well past the blacksmith they'd originally been aiming to meet. And instead found themselves wandering about the dwarven palace. Upon making it inside, they would eventually be standing within the courtroom where the King himself was sitting. "Sugoi! That king has one of the manliest faces I've seen on anyone here," came an excited utterance from Miki. Though she wasn't much interested in the king himself, she wondered what other types of original NPCs were spawned by the world they'd so recently found themselves in. She also didn't seem terribly perturbed by the entire situation with the guards either as such a thing seemed to happen everywhere they went. "We, just want to help... no need to make this meeting difficult," she said calmly to the guards. It was rather obvious that the situation here was quite on edge, and though she wasn't sure why, Miki was quite sincere in her desire to help, though she had no outward reason to care.

The guards which halted Kou's approach didn't seem willing to let him pass at all, even with his announcement of being an ambassador for the Fairies. They had but a simple task to keep approaching strangers from the throne, and they did not budge at all until the Dwarf King raised his hand. At that moment, lances separated and cleared a path for the travelers to approach. "Approach," the king spoke in the most guttural, bellowing of voices. Even though he told the pair to approach, Kou subconsciously took a step back due to the intimidating aura emanating from the king, amplified by the power of his voice echoing through the throne room. 'Kuso,' he thought. Still, Kou mustered the will to step forward again, and found himself kneeling when he reached the steps in front of the throne. He had words to share with the king, and yet... he couldn't manage a single sentence. There was something overpowering the lad, leaving him with his head down and dripping with sweat in the king's presence.

Soon enough the guards stood down, but this had nothing to do with the pair approaching, and instead had everything to do with the order given from the Dwarf King. This man seemed to have a presence that was even more massive than that of the Fairy Queen. Even with just a single word, he'd put forth an air of dominating power. Miki had a strange reaction to this, it was mentioned by her before that she wanted to help, but after coming in contact with the commanding voice of this king, it felt like it was now her solemn desire. 'Nani?' the girl thought as she moved forward without a second though, stopping near the steps and giving a gentle curtsy which she stayed in until she was acknowledged properly. 'I don't know why I feel this way, is it magic?' she wondered, but still she had every intention of upholding her current titles and doing everything she could to prevent war between the Dwarves and Fairies.

'The fuck is this? Does this guy have Reiatsu Crush or something?' Kou wondered as he struggled to even make the slightest audible noise. The king witnessed the struggle within these pair, but seemed completely unfazed. Indeed, this was something the king of Dwarves experienced on a daily basis. He spoke once more while viewing these Adventurers, boasting the same glint in his eye that others before him had when viewing the two. "Is this the most you Adventurers can manage? You've freed Dakini, but you can't even speak to me. Pitiful," he said, garnering a glance upward from Kou. Looking directly at the king, Kou attempted to observe his stats. He saw no numbers at all, witnessing instead a slew of question marks and horned skull icons that were glowing red. Being the occasionally testosterone-fueled player he was, he understood exactly what this meant. 'Shit! It's not like the Fairy Queen; he's registered as an enemy.'

Fully disappointed in the Adventurers, the king escaped his throne and began descending the stairs. With every step he made, his very aura forced a pressure upon Kou and Miki, leaving at least the former gasping for breath. "You're the ones from the gate earlier today. If the two of you are Dakini's ambassadors, you must also be the reason she managed to escape. Pity. Perhaps then, I should settle for both of you... though I find it difficult to even think of relying on someone who can't stand my presence."

While they were in the presence of the Dwarf King, Miki too was having a set of realizations. 'What? He's ridiculous... there is no way!' she thought quickly. Her mind soon moved to evasive maneuvers and her desire to have nothing to do with this man's crushing aura. She saw his stats as angry little questions marks and skull icons. 'I don't even know how to imagine such a person...' she thought to herself. She'd had the potential worry that running around in an open world game like set up could be hazardous. She'd had this thought when she was level one and going to complete the warthog killing quest. 'No waves, no level capped areas, enemies way out of our league. That's all the confirmation I need to know this world is too real to be a game,' she concluded. This was it, a simple fight or flight reaction, where her heart desired flight more than anything else. In this line of thinking her mind seemed to switch and as the man before her finished his rather shaming sentence she looked up to find his stats had changed. No longer did he have skull icons in her vision. But instead he had simple white numbers and question marks. The surprise on her face was palpable as she jumped back in sheer confusion apparently no longer affected by this man's intense aura. "I'm confused... too confused," she said aloud her face becoming terse as she settled into trying to reason through something she simply didn't understand. 'Was it my fault I thought of him as an enemy?' Her mind wandered as she looked to Kou, he'd never properly registered to her as a enemy though she'd been a bit apprehensive of him at their first meeting. When she was thinking about it, she hadn't seen a single set of enemy stats since that moment in the prior day... perhaps there was something more at play here than she'd figured out.

The Dwarf King was soon standing before the youngsters while his aura crashed down upon them. His expression was stern, but he stopped moving after reaching them. It was by this time that one of the Adventurers - Miki in particular - became capable of speech. "So, one of you can manage," he commented whilst viewing Miki again, that gleam returning to his eye. "I've never heard of you. I would expect more from... you." With his final word, his attention was returned to Kou, who still struggled under the pressure of the king's might. He couldn't fathom why this was happening, but there had to be some secret to Miki becoming unfazed by this aura. 'How'd that happen? She's talking just fine now, and she can move. He's not attacking her though, and he could have killed us both five times over by now. Is it...' Kou's mind raced against a clock he didn't realize existed, shuffling through mechanics of the Age of Eternity game until he reached a conclusion he was mostly certain would benefit him. This came from the king's last words involving his expectations of Kou, which the lad figured could only mean one thing, given the short amount of time he'd spent in this world. "Sou ka," Kou spoke at last. With that, he rose to his feet and turned to face the Dwarf King, narrowing his gaze as he did so. "You've been here a long time to have that many levels and be a king, huh? I bet we look like scrubs... accidentally leaving PVP mode on."

Miki looked at the King now, not perturbed by his energy and with his chart still in front of her eyes. She had no idea what he meant by he'd never heard of her. "Me? Why would anyone have heard of me?" she made this an honest question, she didn't immediately grasp the hidden meaning behind his words, but she did, know she'd been in this world less than a single day, and as such the only people she'd had any sort of contact with, were Kou, the Merchant, and the Blacksmith, and the latter two of those lists she'd only really met in passing. She didn't have a name for herself, and wasn't apart of any guild. None of this made any sense, until of course, Kou seemed to gather himself enough to speak and when he did everything became rather clear. "Oh, he's a player too! That's... really freaky. I guess I should have heeded that warning a bit more..." the girl said thinking back to her own adventure which had allowed her to play this game as a human and how she'd been warned of potentially disappearing because of it. Still it was strange that this King could simply recognize them for what they were, in looking at his stats besides his ridiculous level she didn't notice anything strange about him. She also looked to Kou with the same terse look on her face she always had while thinking, trying to find some obvious tell of information she obviously didn't see before. "Wait, how'd he know that?" she said of their obviously senior player acquaintance in this world. Obviously it'd been her intent to figure out how this world worked completely, if only to avail some of her own fears. She'd entered into her bond with Kou to help with that, but realized that maybe this lad had some extra information he'd be willing to give them in exchange for the services they'd likely end up rendering regardless.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast