Kou took the time in which they had this private discussion to look around the mine, keeping up appearances by this simple act. By the time Miki reached for an ice-pick, Kou had his eye set on a pickaxe of a more standard design. He moved to pick this item up and give it a few test swings, but the item chosen by Miki was something he found interesting. 'You know, I wonder why that's even in here,' he thought as a message to the girl. Either way, the way she phrased her final statement implied to Kou that her skills would be enough to meet their goal. As such, his tests swings began on the wall containing the mass of Magic Crystals. 'It's pretty dense. There's a weak point though, so I'll mark it,' he told the lass. Aloud, he had something very different to say for the sake of the guards around them. "Whew! I don't know if we're gonna be able to mine crystals this strong! This is tough!' he said, placing his strikes strategically in a circular pattern, then dotting the center of the ring, which seemed to have just a bit of give. "Yeah, nothing I can do. Wanna take a swing at it with that nail-file of yours?"