Thread: Dwargon

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Their ride continued as they approached the Kingdom of Dwargon. Miki stayed clinched to the boy's backside through the bumps and rumbles along the road, though her own mind wandered as well. 'I don't blame him now for holding on so tight... everything this Ryuuko moves suddenly I feel like I could go flying.' she thought quietly as the landscapes changed around them, her own cloak billowing in the wind behind the mounts movements. 'Still, I don't mind having someone this dependable on my side...' she smirked while maintaining the same grip. She tried not to be a bother to this lad as they traveled in this way but couldn't help but feel comfortable and warm, even while clinging to his back in such a way.

'Keep it together, keep it together...' Kou had resorted to chanting to himself mentally, if only as a coping mechanism for the girl pressed against his back. In due time, their mount brought them through the mountain range to the gates of Dwargon, one of the major cities belonging to the Dwarf race. It was an incredible location to behold, covered in snow and surrounded by icy mountains on all sides. The Ryuuko they rode stopped before they reached a line of travelers aiming to enter the city, and the beast beneath them disappeared. Kou was in a decent enough position to land on his feet without issue, but he hadn't banished the creature willingly. "Hm. Must be one of those places that doesn't let you ride a mount in game. I wonder how that worked out here though..."

Whatever discomfort this lad had about their current seating arrangement it would go unnoticed by Miki and would eventually be alliveated as they came across the dwarven city Dwargon. Seeing this massive place, tucked into the icy mountainside was breath-taking. Miki leaned away from the lad for the first time, simply to stare up in wonder. "Sugoi!" she muttered outright. This was of course, right before their mount disappeared from beneath them. It was kind of sudden, but the girl had the reaction speed of her classes on her side and managed to fall into stride soon after her fall without any problem. "Hm, I guess it would make sense if we can't just ride mounts inside a city..." she mused as she took note of the line of travelers headed into the city. "Perhaps they just worked it out so monsters can't enter... I heard there are some high class barriers like that..." she stated without much thought. "Think we should just join the line?" she asked of him seeing as it seemed to the only way inside it wasn't really a question, as they intended to go inside regardless.

"Yeah, that would make sense. It'd especially be a problem if we were invaders bringing a leveled Ryuuko in," Kou replied to the girl's assertion. As they approached the line and Miki questioned whether Kou thought they should join it, the male Adventurer gave it some thought. In a few cities within the game, he'd seen lines similar to this one, but never were they of any importance. As such, he thought to attempt something he figured could work in this reality as well. "We might be able to cut ahead by right of being Adventurers. Those people in Eonis acknowledged us as Adventurers, so it seems to be linked pretty hard to how the game works that way. I think it's worth a shot," he said while moving ahead of the others hoping to enter Dwargon. The looks he received as he passed person by person were not all too friendly, but Kou did his best to ignore them. After all, he was more bothered by the expressions on the tavern-goers before he spent the night in Eonis with Miki. Soon, he was upon the front gate, beside the line and in front of the guards. "Hold there! Back in line!" one guard said with a spear aimed at Kou's face. "Whoa, easy! We're Adventurers. Is there any way we can gain entry by agreeing to help out around town?" asked Kou, who had both hands in the air after the guard's rather threatening movement.

Two guards exchanged glances with one another, with the most distant of the pair nodding to the other. "Adventurers, huh? Where's your passes?" asked the guard who remained in front of Kou. When asked this, the lad seemed surprised. He had no idea what an Adventurer's pass was, and there was certainly no such thing on his person. With that in mind, he looked toward Miki. "Err... any idea what he's talking about?"

It seemed her possible explanation for why they couldn't ride into the city was accepted and this was enough for Miki. Strangely though, when she asked if they should join the line, after giving it some thought, Kou chose to cut it a bit and see if they could get in a bit early. Miki followed along, to avoid getting separated, but unlike Kou she met the uncomfortable gazes of the people she passed without flinching. 'The more people we encounter... the more it seems like they don't know they are NPCs... what if they don't know they are part of a game? I mean that is a bit 'Matrix-y' but their reactions are all a bit too real for it to be a UI thing...' Miki pondered the realness of this world quite a bit, mainly because she'd been human in her other world and knew of dangers, but the more they did with the people around them, the more she began to suspect something was amiss with the idea that they'd simply been teleported into the game. The long standing game mechanics not withstanding. Before she could continue to let her mind wander with her now soured expression, she found herself standing alongside Kou who now had a spear pointed at him as he tried to explain they were adventures. She turned her eyes towards this guard and shrugged gently. "Never heard of an Adventurer's Pass before... I wouldn't even know where to get one," the girl mentioned. She'd never thought of what it would mean to move around in a place that acted as its own world, perhaps they'd get to know soon enough what all this guard meant. Still, she remained still so as not to draw too much attention to herself and tried for serene in her facial expression.