Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Dwargon

And just like that, another flash emerged from Kou, once again coming from the Nexus itself to signify his evolution to another level milestone. The light radiating from his Magisteel sword cycled through a series of elements, thanks to his immediate choice in support skill. With a wide grin, he shifted the element to ice, and watched with interest as he hopped to level 16 due to...

Everything was in order. The Lizardman Bowman had a weaponless Miki in his sights, and his charged shot was ready to be let loose. Victory was on the horizon until a sudden whistle from Miki resulted in the widening of the Lizardman's eyes. Of course, it wasn't the whistle alone which did this, but rather the abrupt insertion of a lance in his torso. The impact tipped him over forward just before his shot was unleashed, causing the arrow to drive into the mountain beneath his fall. A poison cloud erupted from the arrow and enshrouded the Lizardman's body, corroding it over time. By the time Kou reached Miki and her fallen enemy, he took note of this and used his magic to produce a gust of wind, which blew this poison cloud away from Miki's spear. "So... you're in front of him, and the spear's in his back? Nice."

And with that, Miki's enemy was felled. As she thought of the best way to remove her spear from his poisoned and degenerating corpse, a gust of wind cleared the poison from around it. Along with this, came the commentary of her party member which made a cheeky smile come to her face. "Arigatou!~ I figured... if I am to be a rogue, I should be a really good one," she offered. Only to make her own observation as she pulled her spear from the back of this particular creature. "And I see you, taking your ability to a new level. I'm impressed! I knew I made the right choice, switching enemies..." she said giving the young man a proper congratulatory statement for being able to take the enemy she left him with while she dealt with their ranged enemy attacker. Now such things wouldn't be a problem for her again, she was more than ready to continue their journey around the Kingdom. With this particular quadrant saved, all that was left was the west and the north. One of which was easily accessible from the side they current inhabited.

"So that is two down, and a nice cut off for more troops. What's next on the list?" she asked of the lad. Obviously their strategy could continue to be built upon from this point. Admittedly they had many more options to deal with their opponents now, and she was becoming more and more comfortable with the kind damage she could deal. With this in mind, and the lad's expanding repertoire she had faith that their next conquest would be even easier than this one had been.

"Makes about as much sense as anything I've ever heard," Kou said regarding Miki's choice in support abilities. "I like it. Definitely a good choice switching fights, but an even better choice with that skill. You're even better to have around than I thought you'd be," he concluded. With that, he stepped out ahead of Miki and sheathed his sword, then held out his right hand to summon their mount beneath the pair of them. "We may as well finish the circle off at this rate. It'd take too long to go North first, so... straight around!" he said, immediately kicking the Ryuuko into high gear to move toward the western wall. 'That's an actual respectable start to a build. Never heard of a girl doing something like that.'

Strangely, Kou went further than simple praise. He claimed that he found her choice to be a good one, and more over, claimed that she was even more useful because of something like that. Miki played games a lot before, but never had she had anyone just appreciate the skill required of her choices. In doing this, Kou became a standalone beacon of hope in a sea of less than good experiences she'd had as a gamer. 'He thinks I'm useful, and respects my opinions, while not being a crazy jerk...' were the words in Miki's mind as their shared mount was summoned beneath them. She held on tight to Kou as they began to move, and his plan of moving around towards the west was one she could respect, if only because it would mean they wouldn't have to cross the entire kingdom to get to the next target. "Hai! We're making pretty good time. Now that I think about it this mount is pretty fast..." she chimed in, she'd seen enough of this lad's thinking processes to generally agree with the decisions he made. Besides that she was going to offer the same thing because of the lack of distance required. They were making good time because of their mount, she figured such a trip normally took days on foot at regular speed. Her mind began to wonder about the work of the Dwarf King as she road along clinging to Kou.

'A scan, huh...' Kou's thoughts returned to the world he came from, brief though this trail may have been. He was eventually brought back to the reality of the situation they were presently in by Miki's mention of their mount's mobility. "Huh? Oh, yeah... I think it'll be faster than the Filolial by level 30 or so." That was all he could manage, but within moments, it didn't matter if he had anything else to say. They were encroaching upon the western wall, which was mostly surrounded by tall mountains. In fact, the only place less-accessible than this side was North, but heavily-clad Lizardmen were descending toward the top of the wall. Defenses were mounted, but capable of firing nothing more than javelins for fear of producing avalanches that would destroy the wall. "This could be hard, or really easy. They've got a lot to keep themselves warm, but I think I can make that... not matter at all."

The thoughts that Kou had of their home world, were similar to Miki's own. Whatever the case, it was obvious to her that Kou at least understood the speed advantage that their mount had. She had nothing more to say about it, but they soon moved on further. They moved on further and further until they reached the western wall. What she saw from this point was very strange the Lizardmen were coming up, and though a defense was mounted, it seemed it was only really useful on a small scale to avoid disturbing the natural order in the area. Kou's commentary about this made Miki look around him, and had to agree. "If you can make it so they can't keep themselves warm. I can probably take care of a lot of them in the confusion. Bar any special cases, it could be pretty quick..." the young woman mentioned.

"Right then. I'm on it." With some level of a plan set, Kou took the initiative to put it in motion. He held out the magical reins attached to the Ryuuko for Miki to grab hold of, then hopped toward the mountain where the Lizardmen were making their approach. There was an array of javelins and arrows being fired toward the mountain, but Kou's movements were placed perfectly to avoid them by a hair's breadth at every interval. Numerous Lizardmen were still struck by the projectiles, even those who routed themselves toward Kou. An aura of ice encased the lad's weapon as he hopped about the mountainside tapping the ground beneath him each footfall. Every time his blade touched the mountain, his Mana spread through it to drastically lower the temperature at the target location. It didn't take very long for Kou to move around enough to send many of the weaker Lizardmen to hibernation, even death for some, while those who were more well-off were chilled to an extreme lack of high mobility.

The Lizardmen were under a volley of fire, and it would only become more dangerous as Kou lept from the mount and joined the fray. After his leaving Miki banished the mount choosing to go about her movements a different way. Instead of riding in, she pulled her hood up onto her head and began walking about the battlefield initially with her weapon in hand. She found it very easy to sneak up behind the now almost hibernating creatures and kill them directly and for the ones more lively she threw her spear towards them, only to make an acute whistling noise with her lips, something akin to a chirping bird. At this sound a Lizardman who was aiming to aid some of the others found himself turning towards the sound, only run through from behind. He fell forward, even as the spear passed clean through him. Such an action would continue happening as Miki moved across the battlefield. The decreased temperature was a bit problematic, but it made the creatures around easy pickings. They were highly susciptible to the whistle and run tactic, which left Miki's weapon zipping through countless enemies bodies killing them as they ran or were frozen in place, all while she was able to directly avoid combat. 'I waited for this... whistling death on these Lizardmen!~' the thought crossed her mind in happy amusement the way she'd generally spoken to herself while playing the game Age of Eternity.

Kou defeated and/or maimed a great number of Lizardmen with the added cold alone, but there remained quite a few who needed to be dealt with directly. He heard Miki's whistles, but thought he didn't need to worry about keeping an eye out for her lance. His focus was on the remaining Lizardmen near him, those destined to fall to his sword if not the girl's lance. As he moved about, there were but two additional worries crossing his mind. The first of these concerns was the wound on his shoulder, which was suffering reopening due to the suddenness of Kou's additional movements. The second problem however, was much more concerning to the lad who managed to sneeze abruptly in the middle of combat, accidentally even spraying saliva into the face of a Lizardmen he then sliced from nape to chops. "Ah, s-shit! S-s-should have... stopped to buy a jacket...

"Bless you." this utterance came from Miki who appeared strangely close to Kou given she'd taken off a while after him. She too was quite cold, but not to the point of sneaking. A small whistle escaped her as she continued her work, but she was within earshot enough to hear Kou's complaints about the cold. Strangely, she agreed with them, even while continuing to slay the Lizardmen found near them. "That would have been a good idea. Completely slipped my mind too... I mean, I have a hood, but it's not thick enough... and fast moving in this skirt isn't encouraging either," she noted. At the very least, her left leg was freezing due to being exposed while her right one was at least a bit covered. Regardless they should have sprung for some more weather appropriate clothing. Unbeknownst to Miki in this moment, as she continued to kill, her use of the Mana Zone skill would have another effect. It would spread the advanced renegeration her own body possessed to Kou as well. This would speed along his healing, as she maintained close quarters with him. "The north has a really big mountain in front of it right? We definitely have to get coats before we head there... we'll freeze otherwise..." she added, thinking that if they both spoke about it now, one of them would remember later.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast