Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Dwargon

Kou took the time in which they had this private discussion to look around the mine, keeping up appearances by this simple act. By the time Miki reached for an ice-pick, Kou had his eye set on a pickaxe of a more standard design. He moved to pick this item up and give it a few test swings, but the item chosen by Miki was something he found interesting. 'You know, I wonder why that's even in here,' he thought as a message to the girl. Either way, the way she phrased her final statement implied to Kou that her skills would be enough to meet their goal. As such, his tests swings began on the wall containing the mass of Magic Crystals. 'It's pretty dense. There's a weak point though, so I'll mark it,' he told the lass. Aloud, he had something very different to say for the sake of the guards around them. "Whew! I don't know if we're gonna be able to mine crystals this strong! This is tough!' he said, placing his strikes strategically in a circular pattern, then dotting the center of the ring, which seemed to have just a bit of give. "Yeah, nothing I can do. Wanna take a swing at it with that nail-file of yours?"

While Kou looked around and kept up appearances, Miki tossed around the ice-pick like implement within her hands. She got a feeling for its weight and thus settled into the idea that she could use it to do whatever was necessary. Kou thought this an interesting item to find in this place, but Miki was a little less surprised. 'I mean if I was planning a prison break. I'd rather have this than one of those big bulky ones to swing around...' she mentioned. This meant there was probably a rogue moving around within this place, or there had been at some other point in time. Or maybe, it was more complex than even that... Whatever the case was, she got to watch as after mentioning a weak point, Kou marked it in a manner which was obvious but likely seemed like a genuine attempt at using his pickaxe to mine. "Ano, you might want to go for something a little less vigorous if you're gonna keep trying at it..." the girl commented aloud to keep up the appearance of normal conversation. As it moved along, she looked at the mark and smiled, appearing to find something amusing about it. "Hai hai, I'll give it a go. Though if you couldn't manage anything..." she gave a casual sigh as if she thought it an impossible task.

But soon she was standing in front of the center point in the wall concentrating on it. She stared with an intensity much greater than would seem necessary before she moved the ice-pick around in her right hand. Soon after, she pulled back and something rather strange would occur. Unstoppable Spear, was the class skill given to one how specialized in lance use. As she pulled back she pushed forward with extreme precision and power, allowing her to push straight through to the crystal beneath the surface, shattering the wall at its point of weakness. This would strangely also clear out the entirety of the circle around that point, making a very clear hole as the rest of the normal rocks and dirt were pulverized by the action. It also dropped several large magic crystals of the purest quality. "What do ya' think?" she asked the lad with her as if it was the most normal thing in the world. But behind this was simply a steel wall from the best of her ability to understand it.

Kou was content to take a backseat as Miki approached the wall of crystals with her ice-pick. "I dunno, that doesn't seem like it's gonna accomplish anything..." he said nonchalantly, pausing as Miki's strike collided with the wall's point of weakness and broke through. The steel wall on the other side was an obstacle, but a bigger obstacle yet was the guards that were immediately closing in on the pair after Miki's stunt. Instead of answering the question of what he thought, Kou darted into the space Miki created, reaching out with his left hand to grab hers while avoiding the guards. At the same time, he drew his sword with his right hand. A shroud of Mana engulfed his blade as he slashed at the steel wall numerous times, carving an 'X' into it before cutting a square around said X. Four shards of the wall were taken out as a result of this speedy sword maneuver, and the guards which pursued the pair were left frightened by the fact that this occurred. It wasn't quite that they were afraid because of the two Adventurers... but they were certainly afraid of whatever creature inhabited the room they'd just entered.

It seemed that whatever was going on, there was indeed something imprisoned here. And the steel wall before them was an obstacle, but not one that Miki would have to take out herself. Her little stunt seemed to rouse the guards a bit, but as soon as they tried to give chase, her hand was grabbed by Kou. She then got to watch as the lad performed a series of sword strokes against this metal wall which resulted in its breaking. "Sugoi!" she muttered shocked by the occurance. Of course, her surprise wasn't really saved for the proper moment because after they stumbled into this cell, something strange happened.

"FINALLY!" this was the voice which came with an immense amount of mana. "Fairy Glitter!" the small voice chimed. A concentrated beam of light magic erupted from the chamber itself, serving to temporarily blind the pair who'd entered. But this light wouldn't harm them, instead it radiated outward aiming to encompass the guards in powerful light, likely maiming them in a manner most serious. If not aiming to kill them entirely. This magic was so complex that it seemed to target only those who would hinder this entity. And beyond this point, it was very specifically not hurting the two adventurers or the other miners within this place. It seemed to target only those who were nearby and foes of this creature. And what a creature it was. When the light subsided, what could be seen within the cage of steel was someone with the appearance of a very young girl with long blonde hair and a single curl atop her thick hair. She had stunning large green eyes and pale skin, and wore only clothing of the lightest white material. Beyond all of this she seemed to have two small feathered wings sticking out from her head. Upon finally seeing this young woman Miki's eyes widened, she had plenty of things to say but didn't know where to start, because of this, she simply looked to Kou as if she wanted answers. Her hands extended to the young woman before her. She expected a crazed monster, a nue, a dragon, maybe even a demon... but not, this tiny young woman.

Immediately after breaking into the hidden room, Kou was met by an excited utterance from a feminine voice. He received only the slightest glimpse of this person before a bright light filled his vision, but he could see just long enough to be perturbed. 'That's not a monster,' he thought. Over the next few moments, Kou kept his eyes shut tightly, though it didn't do much to prevent him being overtaken by the brightness of this 'Fairy Glitter' technique. "Kuso!" he said while holding his right arm over his eyes - a posture he maintained until the light dimmed. Only when this happened was he able to open his eyes slightly and properly view that which had been locked in this room. The guards were no more, and the miners that were already capable of sight were scurrying about to grab what Magic Crystals they could carry and escape the mine. Meanwhile, Kou and Miki were observing this small blonde. Miki looked to the male as if seeking some sort of answer, yet he had none to offer. "I... uhh... thanks?" was all he could manage as he, too, gazed upon this being in confusion.

This small creature had the guards who'd been watching her erased by her magic. And given this she was rather happy. In fact, she owed this pair of adventurer's quite a debt for freeing her from the confines of the steel room she'd been imprisoned in. "You both seem confused. Worry not, all will be made clear!" she said her small feet not even touching the ground as she levitated forward. "I'm Dakini and I am the Fairy Queen! It's good to meet you both... thank you for your assistance~" she gave this information freely as it was obvious this pair had no idea who or what she was. "That magic was less effective than it was normally, no need to thank me. This accursed steel box I am in is limiting me quite a bit..." she stated knowing that Fairy Glitter could have done much more than it'd been shown to do. And after this introduction she gained a strange glint in her eye as she appraised both of these individuals. Her eyes fell first to Kou and then to Miki but she was quite sure about what she was seeing. "Fairy... Queen?!" Miki repeated these words at a complete loss. "Limited by steel..." she muttered softly, Miki's entire expression shifted into the more normal thinking face which looked displeased. Now she had a whole slew of different questions. Why did the dwarves feel the need to invite the wrath of the entire Fairy Kingdom upon themselves? How did they even manage to capture the Fairy Queen who in her own mind looked to have several question marks instead of a level... what was really going on here? She was so caught up in her own thoughts she hadn't found it in herself to give a proper introduction yet. 'What kind of crazy game logic is this... competing faction objectives is a bit too much... though, usually if there is a way to betray one faction over another... there is also a way to complete both and get all prizes.'

This strange girl who'd managed to clear the guards the moment they broke in spoke with a strange pattern, which left Kou with an even more perplexed expression. "Uh-huh. Well, Dakini... dono... it's all in a day's work, I guess," he said, initially being lost as to why she would be thanking them. Considering what she managed against the guards, Kou figured she could have broken out of this prison any time she wanted, if she even had reason to be apprehended in the first place. Soon enough, she mentioned that the steel room she was in acted as a hindrance to her. "... Sou ka. Fairies have a steel allergy like Werewolves and silver? This is Magisteel without a doubt, so that had to be a pretty big deal. So... why do the Dwarves have you locked in a Magisteel cell? Were you at war?"

"I shall see to it, the pair of you are rewarded handsomely, when I return to the Fairy Forest. My saviors shall be hailed as heroes!~" said the lass known as Dakini. It seemed she had a very boisterous attitude and didn't seem to be too heavily hindered regardless of her apparent steel allergy. She seemed to be very much in good spirits regardless now that she'd been freed. Her saviors apparently wanted to know how she'd ended up locked in a Magisteel cage within the dwarven kingdom of Dwargon. "That's a pretty funny story. I was actually here on vacation. I was invited out to drink... it's one of my favorite pastime. Dwargon is known for two things... Cold Steel and Cold Ale. Only one of those is any interest to me. So here I was, having nice drinks surrounded by ambassadors and dignitaries and the next thing I know... I'm awake in a cage I can't even touch! The audacity!" she exclaimed. Whatever had happened here it was more than just a simple misunderstanding. "And we weren't at war, but just wait! I will reign down the wrath of the entire Fairy Kingdom on these Dwarves!" she claimed. Hearing this out Miki finally seemed to get herself together a bit. She began thinking about this from all possible sides and she didn't like how it seemed to be leaning. "I mean, you could do that, Dakini-sama, but you aren't a little bit curious about it? I mean... from drunk and partying, to locked in a cage is pretty extreme," the blonde haired girl offered up. Perhaps it was just her inner gamer speaking, but she'd rather not be dragged into a war between the fairies and dwarves if it was at all avoidable. Especially considering it was exactly their goal to go and start a different kind of quest altogether after they were done gathering materials.

"Handsomely rewarded, huh? Well, that's convenient," Kou said lackadaisically before tuning in to Dakini's explanation. The Fairies and Dwarves were not at war, though Dakini sought vengeance for her unjust captivity in the province of Dwargon. There had to be an ulterior motive to the Dwarves doing this, though; they certainly shouldn't need the Fairy Queen's power for Magic Crystal production unless they wanted the Magisteel weapons for something. As Kou thought about this, he remembered how busy the blacksmith in the city's wealthiest district was, and thought that was something quite out of the ordinary. "Maybe there is a better approach. I agree with Miki; the imprisonment of a queen from any place or species is ridiculous unless there's already some weird political thing going on. Maybe we could figure out why this happened for you? We're unaffiliated, so we could be like... emissaries or something? Ambassadors, maybe."

"Yesh! Handsomely! It will be one of my greatest acts!~" the young fairy queen seemed to think very highly of rewarding these two individuals. But as their conversation progressed and she explained how she'd come to be locked within the Magisteel cage of her binding, it was offered by the young girl that she should be a bit more tactful than to just start a war. Upon hearing the agreement, Miki spoke up once more, "Kou agrees. We could have small titles and try and help you two come to some sort of agreement, that won't end in a war between your people," she concluded, as if she wanted to help the fairy queen along in her thought process. Dakini looked at this pair and considered their stance. As outsiders it was obvious that they had no real stake in this aside from not getting caught up in a war. And if Dakini was being frank, she'd prefer not to ruin the makers of the best Ale on this side of the world. "Hm, a couple of young Adventurers who don't mind getting their hands dirty! I can use this..." she said a reckless gleam coming to the corner of her eye. "Alright, the pair of you can act as my Ambassadors. I'll give you the freedom to negotiate on my behalf. Make sure you don't short me though... or it will be you on the line!" said the fairy as she floated forward and out through the hole created by the pair of them. "If you find out anything pertinent bring it to the Fairy Forest. You'll be rewarded for your efforts... but if you don't return in a timely manner, let them know I will bring all of the Fairy Kingdom with me when I return!" claimed the Fairy Queen. And just like that the pair of them received yet another quest. This one of a more political nature, even as the light bent around the fairy and she disappeared in a flicker of light. "Did our gathering quests, just become a political subplot?" Miki asked, seemingly in disbelief of their current situation.

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast