Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Grasslands

'Ugh... I wonder if he is over there planning out our children or something─' was the only thought in the mind of the blonde lass. She definitely wouldn't be backing a name like Aeroki or Maero or Mironius. All of those things sounded disgusting. Whatever the case the man soon stopped himself from whatever his internal musings were, long enough to hear out what she had to say. "The Kingdom of Eonis is... overrun by Demons. King Eon... is among their number," she said allowing the news to settle. "There are some people though, who choose to resist this change. Who are trying to end the suffering of the Kingdom as it is now..." she mentioned explaining all of this. The whole of this situation was tiresome to her, but at least they were now on a path that would end with the Kingdom being saved. "If a vision of a fair kingdom is truly what you wish, the first step to be taken is clear. But it is not a journey you'd have to take alone..." she paused giving him a full view of her wide eyes. "If you are to fix the Kingdom, we have to save it first. I know of a group who is trying to do that. I count myself among them... as I would use my skills my curses, to bring light into the world. I am sure you could do the same, becoming a shining beacon of what good intentions can bring..." her spiel had been given, she was fairly certain that this would go over decently well. Wanting to do what was best for the people, had to come with work, if he was willing to prove himself a proper leader the people would accept him, even if Aerona or another Queen didn't show up immediately. He was without question a better choice than the current King Eon.

The bad news, sadly, was something far less pleasant than he could have imagined. If only it were so simple as relating to her childbearing ability, things could have been fine. Alas, the information she delivered involved Eonis being in a damaged state, with Demons at fault, and his father included among them. Due to the nature of his own birth, Aeronius was taken aback by this grand reveal. Had he been wrong all along? Not just him, but those who viewed him at birth, deeming him to be Demon spawn? Luckily, Miki had managed to make him open up a bit. If that weren't the case, he would have sealed his ears the moment he heard mention of Eonis. This, however...

It wasn't him. Nothing about his origins ever made sense; the only logical explanation was that he had contracted some conditional curse, perhaps due to fate itself at the moment of his birth. No, that wasn't the case at all. His father must have been carrying the Demon seed all along! It wasn't that he was born with Demonic influence, but that he was conceived with it. "I... I─" He was in shock. As badly as he wanted to feel relief, this meant his father was the problem he'd always believed himself to be. Could Aeronius have put a stop to this if he didn't run away, scratching his name from every record, every ledger? No. No, he couldn't think that way. He had to act, but how? "I can... I can do anything within my ability! Could you take me there quickly? I need to see my father; I must know if he is beyond repair!"

The Prince's thoughts had indeed gone astray. Luckily, the conversation was easily brought back to where it should be. He seemed to be in shock of the news she relayed and truly, in the moment, Miki felt a bit of sympathy for the lad. She could at least respect that finding out information about situations like the circumstances of your birth and things you'd been blaming yourself for were always pretty shocking. Find out that someone you once trusted with the entirety of your being had fallen in such a devastating way, was likely more than some could bear. Surprisingly, Aeronius recovered fairly easily. Claiming to want to do everything he could. "Of course, I can take you there. It will be a long ride but... we will make it by morning..." she mentioned. A gentle whistle brought the white dire wolf, whose body shifted in size slightly to accommodate two full-sized adults. Miki moved herself onto his back as he laid down and extended a hand to the Prince in the process. "Come Aeronius, we can meet with the others and find out if it is possible to approach the castle proper," she offered. It was enough now that he was along, and willing to do everything possible. Seeing the King would let him know that he couldn't be saved and he'd help out. She wondered what seeing his sister would do, but figured at this point it would likely only help.

Time was of the essence. He had to return to Eonis as quickly as possible, to see what he could do, to find out what he had to do. Miki had no qualms with the rush, even though she stated that it would take most of the night for the full trip. He didn't mind that. With only a nod to confirm, he reached out to take the blonde's hand. Before he bothered with anything else, he settled himself behind the girl atop the Direwolf's back. Even if it took the entire night, that was fine. All he needed was to arrive before the kingdom itself fell at the hands of his own father.

Continue the Adventure Here.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567