Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Grasslands

According to Karna her plan was as good as any, and as such Hikari beamed with childish pride at her own ability to formulate this plan. His own words implied that they would have had an easier time, if the pair turned back into dragons and that they could work on their relationship from that point of view without any difficulty. "The plan works for now, but, I am not sure both of them becoming different people would be good for them," she said knowing how girls minds worked a bit. "I don't know how men think in this regard, but a girl who didn't feel implicitly like herself, might not feel alright with the decisions made in an alternate form... even if they are technically the decisions she could or would make under certain circumstances..." Hikari concluded. Someone like Miki might not count an effort as not this avatar as proper towards her advancing romance. Whether it was part of her or not.

Miki hopped off her pillow which followed along behind her as she looked at the open slot and saw the egg which they'd been waiting for. "Sugoi!~" the girl chimed, her abilities as a druid let her know that this egg was full of life energy. Even if she could tell nothing else, she could tell the quality of the existence growing within the egg would be excellent. Around the same time as Kou, Miki also reached out to touch the egg, and was happy for doing it. "It's here and already amazing!~" chimed the blonde lass who was once more beyond excited. At the same time the farmer appeared from within the honeymoon suite. "Alright that didn't take so long, hope you two are ready for the long haul. Now... that egg'll take like 4 days to hatch, more if you don't keep it near ya'." the straw hat farmer mentioned. He also held out in front of him a small sack which contained several different capsules full of varieties of feed for the Filolial. "Here's the feed ya' paid the extra for. I gave ya' some of everything in decent quantities. More than enough for its entire childhood. And this card so you know the basic things the food'll do for ya'. There are some hidden things though, so don't forget to try them out for yourself!~" mentioned the farmer. "Any questions?"

Once again, Karna shrugged. "A guy probably isn't going to be something other than himself. It'd be more like... he's being more of himself than normal," he insisted. Whatever the case was with those of the female persuasion, it was apparently a different scenario entirely. Regardless, a look in the direction of the plan's targets confirmed that they would soon be departing from this farm, and not at all too soon for Karna.

Two hands were upon the egg at once, by chance. Kou thought nothing of this. He was quite immersed already in the idea that the egg came out perfect in the end, and now the farmer was upon them with the additional items and information they needed for raising it. In no time at all, Kou was holding the sack of food and the information card. All that seemed to be left now was their trip to the beach, which he was more than ready for.

It was explained to Hikari that a man as a dragon was more of himself not necessarily different. She couldn't really say the same would be the truth of a girl, but she'd also not witnessed Miki's dragon form for herself. There was only one thing she was quite certain of, and it was that Miki was as much like the girl of their original world as one could get in a fantasy setting, because that was normal of female gamers. Especially the types who gave themselves normal body proportions. "Hai hai, I'll keep that in mind." Hikari chimed her understanding only to watch as both of the other two seemed to be quite enthused about their new egg.

Soon enough Kou was holding both food and card with explanation of food on his person, and Miki was instead holding the egg, beaming like a new parent. The fact that the egg was now here and they could go was beyond relieving for the young girl, when asked if she had any questions she simply shook her head from left to right. "Iie, thanks a lot though," she mentioned as she kept the egg nestled in the relative safety under her bosom but tucked in close to her body. "Alright then, ya'll come back now, and show me how it turns out!~" mentioned the farmer who was content to see what would come of this little experiment by the pair. Moving right along, Miki turned to Kou. "Okay, this part is done, it's takes about a day to get from here to the beach. You wanna get started right now?" she asked content with whatever he decided.

Holding onto the important items, Kou awaited their departure. Karna had begun his approach to the others while the farmer said his farewells. With Kou slinging the sack he carried over his shoulder, Miki asked if he wished to get moving right away, to which he nodded. "Hai. It's probably best if we get there with some extra time on our hands to settle in. There's always a chance that we'll need all three extra days to make sure the Filolial grows properly," he said as he began taking steps away from the Filolial honeymoon suite. Karna tagged along with a simple glance and nod in Hikari's direction.

Continue the Adventure Here.

This ride had been quite exhausting. The entire time Miki had ridden, she'd been on the lookout. She knew the Lost Prince could be found within these grasslands, she simply had not narrowed down her search field. Even with Youko running at maximum speed for a great deal of the time. It'd taken them quite some time to get here, given the distance from the Kingdom and his slower speed stat. He made up for this, by being able to run for quite a long time without tiring even while carrying the blonde lass upon his back. When he slowed for a drink at a slow moving river Miki dismounted and stretched her entire body. 'Ugh, I don't mind the riding part. But, I really...' there was a pause in her thoughts as she pushed back her hood. Where had that sentence been going? 'I didn't even get a chance to really talk with him...' she thought sadly. She walked to the river's edge to wash her face, in so doing she caught a glimpse of herself in the water's surface. As the sun was settling in on the horizon she saw herself drenched in its rays. She looked terse and tired. She hadn't even been thinking about what she'd say to the Prince when she found him, she was thinking much further ahead, to her reunion with the group. To her reunion with....

There was a nagging tightness in her lower belly. Like her stomach was upset, but that wasn't it. What was this feeling, of longing she currently had? She couldn't rightly explain it, but deep down she knew the root cause. As she thought about this, Youko drank from the water, getting ready to continue should his mistress require it.

In the meantime, one of the larger stone structures in the grasslands featured a cave-like opening a few steps up from the ground. A single boot could be seen hanging from the bottom of this hole, and a meter above that, there was a flaxen-haired head looking toward the blonde and her pet beast. His eyes bore a color akin to dried, tainted blood, as if to reveal his 'cursed' heritage. Expression forlorn, he observed the removal of this young woman's hood as her Direwolf drank from the sea. What was a single girl doing out here? She seemed to be an Adventurer, but it was a rare sight for even them to linger here for very long. No matter. Surely, she would be gone soon enough, and he would be able to wander freely. As per usual, he was nothing more than another face in these fields. Even if she saw him, she was sure to move on just like the others.

Miki's restless thoughts were getting her nowhere. She had to get down to business, talk to and retrieve the Prince, get back to Eonis... slay the Demon King. These were all very achievable goals. She simply had to right her mind to do them in the order which was necessary. She slapped her hands over her cheeks multiple times, acclimating herself to the idea of what would happen here. 'Alright, Miki! We got this, find the Prince...' she thought to herself. Giving herself an alignment on step one of her plan. She paused looking over to the Direwolf at her side and watched as he'd stopped drinking to sniff the air. "Is he here?" she asked of the animal which nodded without speaking. "Sou ka... rest up then. I'll go make friends I guess..." she said aloud as she began walking away, Youko seated himself. He'd been along on many an adventure, he knew how such situations played out.

Miki only took a few steps, before her pillow moved beneath her person. She leaned into it, hovering gently over the ground. Her senses leading her closer and closer to where this Prince sat. These stone structures were quite old, created a long time ago. Her connection to nature allowed her hand trail her hand over the smooth stones as she looked up to see a boot? 'Ugh, hiding in the shadows... I suppose I can't really talk.' Her mind wandered as she shifted her body on the pillow and rose about a meter into the air atop it a smile on her face. "Hello there, did you come here to enjoy the sunset?" she questioned. There was a very specific way to approach the Prince as such she'd be careful about what she chose to say in these moments.

Soon, she'd be gone, but... no, what was she doing? Moving in the direction he happened to be in was one thing, but it seemed almost as if she were looking for something. She... was. It couldn't have been him though, right? There was no way this random Adventurer had come to these lands in search of him specifically, and yet he felt as if that was precisely the case. Soon enough, he gained confirmation that she was, indeed, looking for him. Or... was she? She spoke to the contrary, as if she'd merely picked up traces of another person in the vicinity, and sought company. He was conflicted, but there was no reason to show hostility or anything. "Um─ yes, of course. I am not from this region, but I do enjoy the scenery here. What brings you to these plains, Adventurer...?"

Miki listened as this man stumbled through a bit of speech. He probably didn't believe anyone would come here looking for him specifically. So, she had to introduce her motives slowly, a lot more slowly than she'd like. She had no charisma skills and wanted to avoid spooking and having to chase the lad. She was on a time limit after all, and having him run off would be quite bad for the overall task of getting Eonis back into livable condition. "You don't say?" she said most rhetorically at the idea of him not being from this place. For a man who was trying to hide from his problems, he sure didn't look like he was from the grasslands either. Would she point out how much he stuck out here... not just yet, no instead she'd simply smile the whole thing away. "I'm more of a Wanderer. I go places and do random things. I enjoy quiet natural places like these..." she mentioned. This wasn't a lie or anything. Granted she did like the idea of adventuring, she wasn't a technical adventurer by this worlds standards.

As for the reason she was here, well, that would be a more cryptic answer. If she stated her intentions directly, he would react badly. That's what interactions in the game said, and her several reloaded game files were proof of this fact. Saying such things as herself would have been much harder. But this particular Avatar wasn't naturally a bit softer than her base personality. As long as she didn't just blurt out the first thing in her head, she was likely to have a good time with this particular interaction. "I thought I might find someone out here," she started. "Well, someone specific who could... well never mind. It's a little bizarre..." she said. Internally she was cringing. She hated baiting people in conversations, she was a business person so she understood the necessity of it. But that didn't mean she enjoyed in this case, but she also knew if she didn't, then this one would simply deny anything she said.

"... Yes. Yes, places like this are always peaceful. I find myself enjoying them more lately, though... typically in solitude. I'm not one for groups, you see─" he said. This girl seemed alright, at least. If she wanted nothing more than conversation, that was fine. So long as she didn't come from Eonis to request his return, anything was fine. The prince even stepped down from his stone hole, thinking to speak with the blonde in a casual sense. Alas, she seemed to be looking for someone, anyone, capable of doing something. He didn't think himself worth whatever she may have been referencing, but she did manage to pique his curiosity. What then, could she have needed? "I do hope you find someone able to do whatever it is you need. I'm sure you and your wolf are capable, but no young girl should be alone on an adventure."

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast