Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Grasslands

At the same time that Kou was having his recognition, Miki was having hers. "Sou ka, I always did think that guy would make a pretty decent farmer. He probably eats the Filolials though..." she said with a chuckle. Recognizing this one's visage as one from a series her favorite Mangaka had been working on lately. A moment later though, Kou was speaking on a matter most important and it happened to line up with Miki's exact thought pattern. She also wished to breed the Filolial for the optimal outcomes. "Yosh! I was hoping we were on the same page. This is like my favorite part!~" she squealed with near impossible amounts of delight. "Nii-san, you and your weird mini-games..." mentioned Hikari, but she supposed there were worse ways to spend an afternoon. Moreover, she noted the amount of excitement coming from Miki and nodded her approval of this as a reaction. Not that she enjoyed the idea of breeding the Filolials herself, but that this lass was similar enough to her brother to enjoy the same things. While she thought this over Miki reacted to Karna's outburst which seemed to not go along with this entire situation. "Oh, stop complaining, they get better attributes if you breed them yourself, and better stats if you raise them. It's a minimal amount of investment for the best return possible. Going the easy way won't be good long term, so... I'm all for this!" Miki claimed seemingly excited about the prospects. After hearing the words which came from Miki directed at Karna that same devious light returned to Hikari and she downplayed her entire involvement. "Well, if both of you feel so strongly about it, who am I to argue. Go ahead, breed chicken!" she said giving her consent to be tied to this farm for way longer than she'd originally planned. She didn't remember the details but she knew for certain it'd take a while.

In the meantime the farmer heard out the arguments presented by the group and decided to chime in. "I mean, if you wanted to breed them, it might take a while, but there is plenty to do around here if you get bored of that part. We can also take over part of the raising process to make it easier on you, you can even decide the care play if you want. You pick your two Filolial to cross, and hatch the egg, then we can take care of it for you until it matures," he mentioned. Miki looked back at the farmer and scoffed, she had no intentions of picking potentially perfect stats just to let the farm ruin it by not getting the Filolial enough varied experiences when it was young. "Honestly, I am not really interested in letting them raise it either. Its stats might get too jumbled after we go through all the trouble of picking them out..." Miki stated her opinion on the plan offered by the farmer.

"Oi, it's not a weird mini-game!" Kou said, having a rather quick reaction to Hikari's assertion. "If anything, it's like a break from the usual grind, and one that makes the grind afterwards way easier! Besides, it's pretty fun. I feel like it can only be better as a real experience," he concluded. At the end of it all, Hikari seemed to have no qualms, and Karna seemed to only be griping for the sake of it. The farmer offered assistance with raising the Filolial after its hatching, but Kou knew how such a thing worked out in the video game. Miki was, once again, on the same page. As such, he looked to the blonde and nodded with a chuckle. "I tested it pretty early in my first play-through. Remember leaving your Pokemon at the daycare, how they learn new moves only to replace the one move you wanted to keep? Yeah, something like that," he said, turning his attention to the farmer thereafter. "No dice. We'll pick the parents, and once that egg pops out, it's ours."

"Touchy touchy, Nii-san. I already said do what you want..." said the girl casually brushing aside her brother's explanation. She knew for a fact she would have gotten roped into such a thing, even if it'd only been the two of them in this world. The interesting part of this day, was that, such excitement and stubbornness about something as simple as mount stats wasn't just something Kou was worried about. Miki also seemed to want to have her hand in this proverbial pot. Beyond that, her brother's mention of Pokemon seemed to set Miki off on a similar kind of tangent. "Of course, or you get one back out of daycare and it has absolutely nothing but stat moves. Then you have to go through and find the move tutor and that's a hassle and half, no. Absolutely not," Miki said firmly. Hikari's eyes widened at this her little tail swishing in the breeze as she gained an entirely different kind of excitement in this day, 'He managed to find the only girl in the world, who might be as big a nerd as he is!?' her mental thoughts were those of absolute disbelief.

Meanwhile the farmer could do nothing but laugh a little and slap his knee. "I like you kids, both of ya' are just raring to go!" he claimed. It had been quite a while since a pair of adventurers had even cared enough about the stats on their Filolial to want to do anything with it, much less claim like this pair that they wished to raise it completely from picking the parents, to hatching it, all the way through raising it. "Alright then, here ya' go..." mentioned the farmer as he pulled from his pocket a triplicate set of cards. "This one is for a female, this one is for a male, they will bait the ones you decide on by way of magic. And this one, well, it's for the honeymoon suite so they can make their prospective egg," mentioned the farmer. "The whole pack will cost you 100 Gold pieces but it will let you pick literally any of the Filolial you come across on the property," said the farmer pretty astutely. If this pair wanted to raise their own pet, it would be cutting him out of quite a bit of his day to do profit. Miki thought for a second and pulled out the coinage she'd gotten from the princess the previous day. "I'll give you 200 and you'll also give us access to any of the food it will need until it fully matures, deal?" she asked of the farmer. She'd already mentally calculated how much the farmer would be losing out on as far as his profits were concerned because they wanted to raise their own baby. She didn't wish to short such an honest man and knew the round 200 gold pieces would more than make up for the few gold pieces in profit the food was worth to him. And it would give them a bit more choice when feeding their future pet for attributes, which she'd read up on a bit. "You drive a pretty hard bargain, Missy, but I can't deny it works for me. Just bring back all three cards when you're ready and we'll get to work on your Filolial Egg." said the farmer, handing over the cards in exchange for the coinage that Miki offered. Cards in hand the blonde lass had a huge smile on her face as she turned to Kou. "Alright, you chose one and I'll choose one, and then we can try to go for the best possible stat combination..." she said offering the lad his choice in card, which upon being placed in front of the appropriately gendered Filolial would take a snap of it, allowing it to be summoned back to the ranch by the farmer when they decided on the pair.

"Yeah, screw all that. Besides, it takes all of the sentimental value out. That stuff is important, especially now that it's real life for us." Kou was very firm in his stance about raising a Filolial, and luckily, Miki seemed to be as well. Though the others didn't share their enthusiasm for the activity of choice, having even a maximum of two participants involved would be quite the boon. The farmer was quite pleased with the effort saved on his part, and still, Miki made the deal even better for the man while gaining an extra win for the Filolial's development. The cards he offered were taken by Miki, then held out to Kou. He reached out to choose one randomly, ending up with the card denoting a female Filolial. He made a very simple, yet important decision regarding them choosing separately. It would be a shame if they accidentally chose a pair of Filolials which didn't have ideal compatibility, so he gestured for Miki to step out ahead of him. "After you, then. I'll just match traits after you're done."

"Right? Plus Filolial chicks are super cute!~ I live for this part!~" It seemed that Miki's normal level of composure was out of the window when it came to the idea of personally nurturing their Filolial. Beyond her regular disposition, they'd been doing a lot of combat and killing since they came into the world, and it was nice to be able to complete a task without abject violence or diplomacy being involved. After Kou made his choice, of the female card apparently at random, Miki was left with the male one. Looking at it directly she tucked away the honeymoon suite card for later usage. It seemed that Kou didn't want to take any chances on them potentially choosing a bad stat match up for their parent generation, and was content to let Miki choose first and then fill in the blanks afterwards. She nodded and took off at a gentle place, thinking through her own knowledge of the Filolials to try and come up with a good way to split the work in this case. "Hm, Filolials have 4 traits that need to be bred for, the other three have to do with environmental interactions and feedings. So basically, we should be able to find a pair with two high tier stats each to make them compatible for a good breeding set," she thought aloud her face shifting into her concentration face. 'I should choose one physical attribute and one mental, then there can be balance, so they should also be able to get along...' she thought. With this in mind she began her exploration.

The card she had with her glowed gently every time she came across a male Filolial, alerting her to its potential as a choice, but the first few she found didn't suit her needs. 'Eww, they are all super physical, with no mental traits... no wonder they are out here alone in a group together...' she mused. She took the time to leave behind this group of Filolials and explore a bit more in depth, along the eastern edge of the farm, there was a male Filolial with teal feathers and a group of both male and female Filolials around him. Miki's eyes widened as she scanned this one for stats and found it to have two at S rank which she liked. "Endurance and Receptivity!~ This one!~" she chimed excitedly, applying her own magic to the card she tapped this particular bird, locking it in as a choice for their pairing. She didn't feel the need to explain to Kou what she'd been trying to do, figuring the lad would understand her intentions in this way. What he'd have to look for in a female was the two opposite breed-able traits, Strength and Discernment. If they managed this, then they would have the perfect pairing for stats that they possibly could.

Holding onto his card, Kou crossed his arms and watched as Miki went off to find an appropriate male Filolial for the breeding process. He was quite interested in seeing what she would choose, and it appeared she was putting quite a bit of consideration toward her selection, and after going through a couple of Filolial groups in this area of the farm, she selected one with two of four traits at S-rank. 'Endurance and Receptivity, huh? Interesting choice. In that case...' Kou was beginning to consider his selection from the female Filolials, and it wasn't quite the route one would expect. Without further ado, he made his move into the appropriate area of the farm. He walked ever so casually through a large collection of female Filolials, who seemed to avoid grouping together the way the males of their species did. Instead, they formed a much larger, loose-knit community among themselves. "Strength... Strength..." he chanted as he viewed each Filolial he passed, specifically looking for those who boasted a rank of S in the Strength parameter. He found a few specimens with the desired stat, but he was struggling to find one with the proper Discernment ranking. That is to say, he did indeed stumble upon a female Filolial with S-ranked Strength and Discernment parameters, but after a few moments of inspecting it, he grinned and moved on from it.

Eventually, he stopped and stared at one particular Filolial. This one boasted S-rank Strength alongside B-rank Discernment. It may have seemed to be an odd choice to make, but as he stared this one down, he prepared his card. Tapping the creature, he bound it to the summoning seal within the card, then turned to address his companion, Miki. "There we are. Now, about that honeymoon card..."

After choosing her male of choice, Miki followed Kou as he looked for his female counterpart. She was quite interested in his process, and noted that he'd passed up a perfectly balanced female alternative, to get one with slightly less good stats. 'Hm, I wonder about that...' she thought absently. Of course, she didn't actually question his decision aloud, knowing that if the lad had passed up a creature, he thought it better for the situation at hand. The one he chose wasn't a bad choice in her own mind, and it got her to wondering why type of Filolial would hatch from the egg. 'Sugoi! It's coming... I can't wait!~' she mused internally. After choosing his particular female of choice, he mentioned the honeymoon card, Miki produced it and handed it over without so much as a complaint. "Hai! It's here... I've never really seen these before, I looked into it briefly, but I have no idea how it actually works..." she mentioned, choosing to wait for any coming explanation as she handed over this object to the lad. She was exceptionally excited for this moment and seemed to be genuinely interested in the steps which came next, if only because it would lead to one of the most interesting non-combat things they'd gotten to do since coming to this world.

Kou imagined Miki had a few thoughts regarding his selection, but all would become apparent in due time. He was quite surprised she didn't question this aloud, but if she wasn't going to, he had nothing to say. Soon enough, Miki was producing the honeymoon suite card handed to her by the Filolial farmer. She apparently wasn't very familiar with this card, but Kou had familiarized himself with the various mating location types. "Endurance and Strength are fixed when the Filolial is born. If they increase, it happens at a flat rate that screws up the mental parameters. Breeding for a rare variant of Filolial takes a weird type of approach. We've got S-rank physical parameters, and one S-rank mental. If we get the other one at B instead, and use the right honeymoon suite, the last stat will max out because of the birth circumstances. Hot springs should be the way to go for this one. The Discernment stat should get the boost it needs from the instinct of avoiding 'too hot' water, and the romantic aura and relaxing atmosphere will max out the kid's intangible stats as well."

Soon after she handed over the card, there was an explanation of the honeymoon suite that Kou wanted to use, and as it finished the girl translated the information into the sort she had more experience with. The connection made here, was too Pokemon which made her eyes widen slightly. There was a sparkle present which made the lass look like she was star struck for a few moments. "Sugoi! This is gonna be great. I mean I figured you knew what you were doing because you had one before, and you are... well you. But that's such a good idea... there's like so much potential here! I can't wait!~" Miki's blonde face showed a level of excitement she couldn't seem to contain, her happiness nor the extra commentary. Miki had honestly been pretty excited and fidgety about the entire idea of this since it was first mentioned, she couldn't wait to see how it turned out, and mentioned it aloud immediately after. "Yosh! Let's get back to Farmer Artem!~ I'm ready to see how this turns out!" Miki mentioned content to go and see the farmer and set up their egg breeding services. All the while, Hikari watched the interaction between her brother and the lass Miki and wondered why they weren't in a proper relationship yet. 'I didn't know girls came in this much nerd... I wonder if her original self was hideous?' she pondered this point.

Whenever the came across him again, the straw hat farmer would be grinning wide with both of his eyes closed. "Eheh! You kids are back. Found what you were looking for then? What kind of breeding session do we have going?" he asked of the pair, admittedly more than a bit curious about their personal choices in this matter.

The excitement welling up within Miki was apparent. Frankly, Kou was in the exact same situation, even though he wasn't as open about it outright. Seeing how hyper Miki managed to be, though, lifted his spirits enough to put him in the same sort of mood on the surface as well. "Right!? It's going to be one of the max rarity spawns, no question! We could even push it beyond that if we put a little extra effort into raising it in a good environment for its type. It'll be an extra commitment of time, but way worth it in the end!" he announced. Before the farmer, Kou wore a grin he'd held onto since the most recent exchange with Miki, content to announce their choices with confidence. "These!" he said, offering the cards he held, which were the female Filolial and the Hot Springs honeymoon suite.

In the meantime, Karna took to Hikari's side, looking as displeased as ever. He'd been intending to speak with this girl for some time, but only now did he see a proper opportunity, considering where both of their minds were focused. "Nope. Definitely one of the hottest chicks in school. He knows who she is, even."

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast