Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Grasslands

The sparkle in Miki's eyes was soon met by a bit of excitement from Kou as well. These two seemed to feed off each other in this regard, and his claim that their combined Filolial could be a max rarity spawn only furthered the way the blonde lass felt. "The extra commitment doesn't matter, think of the stats! And how absolutely adorable it will be!~" she chimed, seeming to be on the verge of some sort of emotional outburts. "I live for this sort of grind!~" the lass said, and truly she meant it. Though she hadn't specified she'd spent a lot of time in the most recent installment of Pokemon breeding her favorite team until it was perfect for facing the elite four. She'd even grinded it all the way up to level the old-fashioned way, no cloning, no trading, no interaction. This was both a matter of her loneliness as a gamer, and her commitment to being absolutely certain of the creatures parameters. She could be described as insatiable in her search for rarity in these ways. Regardless by the time they were talking to farmer Artem once again, she was handing over the singular card she still held. The farmer looked at these choices a bit confused, as if he'd never seen a combination like this before, and the truth was he hadn't in all his time here. "Hehe, never seen this set chosen before. And hardly anyone bothers with the hot springs... this might be kinda interesting to be sure... welp. I'll wrangle 'em up and get them working on that egg. No telling how long it will take the egg to drop though, could be a couple of minutes, could be a few hours..." he said as he took all the items to a barn like place and pressed them into a panel. This would transform the inside and summon the two chosen Filolial into the place. The space itself was enclosed and took on the full form of the hot spring, including unreasonably hot water. Beyond all that the outside of the barn had on the side a single flap like opening for the egg when it was ready. "Hai!~" was the only response Miki had, as she began to anxiously move about waiting for the process to finish. She couldn't sit still and didn't know what to do with herself, this was an exciting moment.

As the pair excitedly awaited their Filolial egg, Hikari heard the words of Karna which addressed her previous thought. According to this lad, the girl in question, wasn't hideous originally and technically qualified as one of the hottest in their school. Hikari herself had been in middle school so she didn't know any high school aged people aside from her brother. 'If she's actually pretty, she's that much of a nerd, and she's genuinely a nice person... I don't really get the...' she paused her thoughts for a couple of reasons. The most important of which was her thoughts had been addressed and she hadn't tried mentally communicating for whatever reason, which meant that Karna had read her mind. "Wait, wait... did you just read my mind? You can do that? What the actual hell?!" she was aghast. Yes, she'd much rather keep trying to figure out why her brother wasn't currently dating this girl, but that could wait for her own curiosities and apparently they'd be waiting a while yet.

"Exactly! It's definitely going to have the best stats it could possibly get, and on top of that, it'll look way more awesome than any other Filolial outside of a few random wild ones." The excitement levels didn't seem capable of rising any higher, but the farmer showed some interest in the breeding combination offered to him. This confirmed Kou's belief that others in this world didn't fancy such a combination, just as it was one of many hidden paths in the video game version of the realm. Kou was content to wait around for the Filolial egg's production, but there was one other piece of information he needed to share with Miki. "So, we're gonna have to get this thing swimming within three days of its birth to make this work properly."

Hikari had an additional train of thought following Karna's answer to her curiosity, but it never reached its conclusion. More importantly, she soon made it clear that she'd halted her thoughts due to being shocked. Karna had indeed read the girl's mind, as he'd been doing with the entire group for quite some time now. He was actually quite disappointed that none had noticed thus far, but he also supposed it was worth crediting Hikari for noticing it more quickly than the others. "Of course I did," he said, interestingly sparing the girl of his usual sarcastic tone. "It's why I gave you that look back at the castle. I'm on-board with the plan, and have been walking the same path you are now since I was a lizard."

Kou seemed to think their Filolial would look and be amazing as well, their shared excitement was something which made this experience that much greater for Miki. She didn't usually get to share the moments of her nerdy excitement with anyone, and it'd been a long time since she had someone who was just as excited about something like this as she was. "It'll be way cooler than wild ones, because it'll be ours!!~" she chimed her eyes still sparkling. Beyond this point, and after the honeymoon suite was set up, Miki was also just as content to wait for egg production as Kou. One might think such an activity strange but the farmer respected this pair's moxie and wandered off to do some work while they waited. And while this happened, Miki was made aware of a strangeness surrounding the groups new mount. According to Kou, it would need to be taught to swim before it was three days old. "That doesn't sound too bad, are there any specifics about it that we need to know? Like it's breeding required some special conditions will it need to learn in a specific type or body of water?" she asked wanting the details so she could help plan and work out how to best make this happen. She was pretty sure they would have a few in-game days before the egg hatched, given this, it would be best to travel with the egg towards their destination water source, before it hatched and try to teach it how to swim afterwards. Whatever the case, they should still stock up before leaving here, as long as they didn't dawdle here too long, they could very easily reach most of the good bodies of water within the time period they needed to teach the Filolial chick to swim.

In the meantime, Hikari was being treated to a very different conversation, while she was able to keep a watchful eye on the rest of the group. She took note of the doubly excited natures being exhibited by both her brother and Miki as well as their thoroughly close conversation as they tried their hand at Filolial breeding. Beyond that she noted their closeness in such a moment, as she listened to Karna speak on his abilities. "Sou ka... you're being nice now. Doesn't seem too sketchy though..." she said the slightest bit of skepticism leaving her face. According to the lad she was speaking with, he'd also been trying to hook this pair of adventurers up, and apparently hadn't been having much luck with it either. "I wasn't expecting to have a partner in this plan... I also don't understand why you were a lizard... but, what matters now is..." she paused her gaze shifting back. "Figuring out what the hell the hold up is between these two. I mean jeez, they so obviously like each other, and they're the same kind of nerd, and if he knows she isn't hideous, he shouldn't have normal gamer hold ups. And she probably doesn't either, because she's still hanging out with him, and not taking advantage of him, or anyone else. She's nice to me, even when no one else is around, that's a great sign for a girl interested in him. Way better than normal..." Hikari started a tirade, about this pair, but her observations of the last day or so were still fairly accurate to the best of her approximation.

"Hmm..." In all honesty, Kou had to give quite a bit of consideration to the trait-raising activities possible in a Filolial's infancy. It was a very careful process that needed to be taken on by the pair, and every little thing made a massive difference to the outcome. "That's tough. For what we want, we need it to level its Discernment through experiences as an infant. It needs to move around and, honestly, have a pretty hard time even when it's out of the water. That sort of thing will make Discernment go from B to S before it counts as a toddler, which is exactly what we need to make it evolve into an even higher class. In the game, I had an artifact for hatching eggs. That one let me go from the Filolial Farm all the way to the Marshlands before it hatched the egg, since I could set it to a specific timer to hatch it slower, or quicker than normal. Marshlands were great since it made the Filolial learn to swim in murky water and walk through mud instead of solid ground. It only took half an in-game day for a place like that to get me what I wanted from the rare white Filolial."

Karna wasn't exactly pleased with the notion that he was suddenly being nice, as claimed by Hikari. "Che! I've always been nice," he insisted as if none of his actions previously were in the wrong at all. Either way, Karna was content to address the matter at hand, and for reasons all his own which would see the pair of Adventurers forced together. "Maybe because he's hideous? Inferiority complex? Very hideous? Too much of an average guy to approach an idol? Uncomfortably, grotesquely hideous? Small cock?"

The pair of adventurers stood around outside of the 'honeymoon suite' discussing the fine tuning of the training of their future Filolial. According to Kou, making sure it learned to swim and got high Discernment before it reached 'toddler' stage was very important for its future evolution. It was claimed by Kou that during his experience of the game, he'd had an artifact to help him hatch eggs at his pleasure, and he'd used that combined with the terrain to properly get what he wanted out of his Filolial. Miki took this information and frowned deep in thought, but this wasn't a matter of her own displeasure, it was simply what occurred when she began a deep thinking exercise. "Hm, assuming that we can't get that artifact again, we might have to make a different kind of concession. It takes 4 days for an egg to hatch properly, and getting to the Marshlands from here before then is a bit of a gamble..." she said aloud. Her mind went back to putting together a map of the world as she'd seen it in her own game. They were currently in the grasslands, and they needed to get to a place, that could both allow them to teach their Filolial to swim and expose it to the non-solid ground type which would require it to use its mind to figure out how to move better. "Terrain and swimming... what about... Dragon Lagoon Beach?" she asked looking up at the lad. She remembered from her early travels that the Dragon Lagoon Beach was considered a tourist type of place, it was a full length beach which got swirling riptides at different intervals of the day, such would be great for teaching swimming, and the beach was full of thick and dense sand which had good properties for healing, but also was fully good for maximizing all aspects of physical exercise. "It has hilly sandy beaches, swirling riptides for different levels of challenge to learn to swim in, and most importantly, it's only about a day and a half away from here give or take. So, we can definitely make it before the egg hatches, or align our arrival with the time the egg should hatch, even if we can't get the artifact you were talking about..." Miki tried to provide a potential solution to their problem.

In the meantime, Hikari was still conversing with Karna. It was apparent that the young man didn't think himself mean at all given his reaction, but he did have a habit of being overly sarcastic and rubbing people the wrong way, though both Kou and Miki seemed alright with him regardless. Hikari also didn't dislike him at all to be honest, when he offered up his own thoughts about why the relationship between the pair wasn't working, she was aghast. "Like hell! My brother is fucking adorable. A stand up guy, who takes care of his skin, showers and brushes his teeth twice a day. He's definitely not hideous! Don't even suggest it!" she said crossing her arms over her chest and managing to look petulant. Her brother was absolutely not ugly even in his base form, so there wasn't really much cause for that as an assumption, the rest of what the lad had to say though... that might be on to something, "That last bit is gross, I don't wanna think about it, you find that out yourself if you wanna know," she said choosing to address only comments about her brother's potential mental complexes as she knew nothing about his physical deformity potential. "And he's definitely not average at anything. He doesn't try really hard at things he doesn't care about, but he's definitely fully the type to be committed to all things he loves, and that I know," she said with a comfortable nod. "Inferiority complex..." she paused thinking about it. "You mean like he might not think he's good enough?" she said, that commentary was a bit outlandish given what she knew about her brother's personality. "If he's got something like that, then its happened in the months I've been here. My brother isn't the type to assume he isn't good enough for anything. He'll work hard, and he'll make himself into whatever he wants to be. Hm, I am gonna have to observe more, and talk with him directly eventually. Maybe I can nudge him in the right direction," she said thinking about it more. "Do you know them both, or what? Why did you decide to try and hook them up?"

When Miki brought up the idea of having the artifact Kou spoke of, he shook his head. "We shouldn't have a problem getting that one here, but even with the four of us and everyone else we've met so far, there's no way we could get it even in a week. I didn't get that one until I had been dealing with Goblins for a whole day outside," he stated. Luckily, Miki had enough knowledge of the area surrounding this one to make a very acceptable suggestion. This Dragon Lagoon Beach she spoke of sounded even better than the Marshlands he'd used in the video game, if only a bit dangerous with its riptides. "Hmm. Sounds like high risk, high reward. That sort of struggle for the Filolial might make it level way quicker, but if we keep an eye on it, I think we can keep it from aging up before it's done. Let's get us an OP chicken!"

Hikari was rather perturbed by Karna's assertions. She insisted that most of his assumptions were inaccurate, though there were a couple of matters she either didn't care to address, or couldn't be too sure of due to the time since she'd last seen her brother. She also went on to ask if Karna knew either of them, and wondered aloud why he cared to force them together. To this, Karna shrugged. "Probably because I bore easily, and they obviously tried to screw each other out in the open once. Mind you, that all happened when I was a lizard, and they were Dragons. That's not important. It's just something I decided to do, but it's important that we go through the process of elimination, right? Most of what I said could be the problem, you said was wrong..." Karna didn't bother explaining himself further. Instead, he moved toward Kou. There were two options remaining for why nothing had already occurred between the two Adventurers, and since Hikari said Karna should find out for himself the answer to one thing, he decided to do exactly that. Stepping up behind the other white-haired lad, Karna tapped his shoulder and sent a paralyzing venom from his nail through the boy's body. Since they were already conversing, Kou happened to be facing Miki. As such, Karna was content to very casually crouch and slide down Kou's breeches, right in front of the blonde lass he was speaking to at the time. In doing so, he made a marked effort to watch not Kou, but Miki in the aftermath of his action.

Kou explained the artifact in question was one received from following a line of Goblin related quests. Miki's eyes widened, and she couldn't help the slightly disgusted utterance which fell from her mouth. "Ugh, goblins..." she murmured. Though she wasn't directly afraid, if she could directly avoid fighting rape monsters she would at all costs. Especially seeing that she was actually in this place and not simply using an avatar as a stand-in to the trauma such a thing could cause. But it seemed her own ideas about the potential use of the beach was indeed one which Kou could agree with. He'd gone on to state it was a high-risk high-reward sort of situation. "Hai hai, we can monitor it pretty easily though, there are smaller pools which we can use for the early stages before we move our chicken out into the ocean. Let's do this!!" she chimed happily.

In the meantime, Karna felt the need to share his own interest in this pair's relationship. According to him, the pair had Dragon Avatars and apparently as them had tried to fornicate in front of everyone, this embarrassed Hikari a bit, "They were DRAGONS?!" the questioned surprised. "Baka-nii, hentai... though...." she thought about the situation logically. It was said in all legends that dragons were creatures of instinct, and if they'd tried to mate each other as Dragons, then it was likely that they actually really liked each other regardless. And though she thought the whole voyeur thing was a bit too much, Miki hadn't abandoned ship after, so she obviously didn't have too much of a problem with anything that had taken place at the time. 'I wonder if she's like that too...' the girl wondered. Strangely, Karna wasn't exactly done yet. He moved away from her and did something she couldn't necessarily see.

In just a moment Karna had walked up behind Kou and paralyzed him with a single touch, he would then lower the pants of the lad while he couldn't move at all. In this moment, Miki's eyes were still on Kou and she saw what Karna was doing but even as it happened her eyes were glued to the situation. It was as if initially her mind wouldn't let her fully understand, and then, just like that... Kou's manhood was bare for her to see. Seeing this sight triggered a rather embarrassing memory for Miki, of waking up cuddled against his erect manhood in the Fairy Forest and touching it. Her eyes widened immensely and she took in the sight as her face turned an ridiculous shade of absolute red, all while Karna watched her reaction, when she finally moved to cover her eyes her mind drifted back to that memory and she mentally chided herself. 'I can't believe I touched his junk that time. And now I'm looking at it... and I can feel it in my hand and throbbing against my lower back...' her thoughts paused as she finally managed to clap her hands over her eyes, though there were quite a few openings as she tried but failed to properly hide a strange thing about herself. "Karna you jerk! Why did you do that?! Undo whatever you did so he can pull his pants up," she finally managed some semblance of her own voice to come out. And worked towards covering her eyes for giving the lad with her properly privacy to eventually return himself to a clothed state. In the meantime, Hikari watched and though she was visibly embarrassed for her brother as well, she couldn't see anything so she was fine, what was more was the reaction from Miki wasn't exactly as normal as she expected. 'Most girls would squeal. Be upset, and leave. She seemed embarrassed and I can still see the color of her eyes. She's still looking! That's interest!' she concluded. If this was the case then it was some mental hang up, and had nothing to do with anything physical which was a bit of a relief as it was now something she didn't have to deal with.

Karna's eyes gained a very interesting, ominous glow as he watched Miki's reaction. He could see the blood on its way to the girl's face, and he could hear - almost feel - the increase of her heart rate. What's more, he could see where her eyes were placing their focus, despite an apparent effort for Miki to cover her face. This was obvious enough without the need of any special vision on Karna's part. "Whoops~ my hand must have slipped twice! Apologies, Friend!" he said to Kou as he rose, dispelling the paralysis he'd placed on the lad. Kou had experienced a very massive amount of shock while being incapable of expressing it, but the moment he was able to move again, he hastily righted his little wardrobe malfunction. "Oi, what even--!?" Kou turned around quickly to address Karna, but the latter had already returned to Hikari's location and begun speaking casually with her again. "... the fuck..."

"Alright, there's that. Good thing that wasn't the issue," Karna said whilst just out of earshot to the others. He seemed rather content with Miki's reaction in this case, and with that, their plotting could begin without any hiccups. "That would have broken the whole thing. Dicks are important. Anyway, ideas?"

Karna claimed that his hands had merely slipped twice and soon after, Kou was returned to normal. His immediate response to his current nudity was to cover himself much to Miki's relief. She hadn't expected such a thing to happen and it'd completely broken the moment of their happiness. The mutterings of Kou brought forth a shrug from the lass as she finally managed to lower her hands though her face was admittedly still a bit red. "I have no idea what all that was about," she said frankly. "Karna might be some kind of troll... it has to be that Avatar though... what I recall of his actual self seemed to be pretty normal," the lass said as she waited for her the heat to leave her face. "Anyways, there is happy chicken raising going on here... maybe he'll be a bit less bored when he finds out we're going to the beach later..." she said, simply attributing the lad's unpredictable behavior to his boredom at being involved in Filolial raising.

In the meantime, when Karna came back it seemed he'd gotten the results that had been asked for. "Not exactly how I thought that was gonna go, that was a bit extreme," the lass said, though she didn't have any actual complaints because there were lots of good results and information to be gained from watching the situation. Moreover, Karna was content to share a bit of knowledge to the lass which she took to heart. "Dicks are important. Got it," she said as she tried to think of the next possible issue. "Well, I already got rid of the normal potential drawbacks, as far as game nerds are concerned," she said. "No physical mismatches, no intellectual mismatches, no skills gaps..." she said frowning deeply. "This inferiority complex thing you talked about... how does that work for dudes? Girls might not think they aren't as smart, as pretty, their boobs aren't big enough... that sort of thing, would be pretty easy to spot for me. What do dudes use to measure their worth for these kinds of things?" she said getting into the deep psychology of the situation. She hadn't seen her brother in a few months of real time, and years and years by game standards. She was also pretty young and didn't deal with very many boys outside of her brother, as such, she didn't really know what made them tick for relationships that weren't platonic.

One thing had yet to be addressed by Kou mentally, and that happened to be the fact that Miki was standing right in front of him when his pants were dropped. When she began speaking to him again, this registered in his mind, bringing a startling redness to his face. 'Oh, shit. Do I... Do I say something about this? Do I apologize?' he wondered. 'No, it wasn't my fault, right? She isn't bringing any attention to it, so...' Indeed, Miki moved onto another topic in a very slight way, addressing the strangeness of Karna's avatar compared to what they saw of his normal state. Given the current situation though, Kou was a bit bashful going about his responses. "Err... yeah... it's kinda weird. Hopefully the beach trip will calm everything down..."

Karna shrugged again, having no concern at all for how extreme his approach may have been. As far as he was concerned, he did only what needed to be done. Their planning would continue. Being younger and seemingly inexperienced, Hikari wondered what males would suffer from as sources to their inferiority complexes, if such a thing could be the case with her brother. When Karna responded, he did so very bluntly. "... Dicks," he said, pausing before going on with the rest of his list. "Power, money, status, etcetera. It's mostly dicks, though."

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast