Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Lagoon Beach

"Right?! It's all fluffy like a pillow~" Miki explained her current feelings about the softness of the Filolial. As their conversation progressed it became apparent that Kou was perfectly capable of figuring out a male from a female Filolial. This was quite a relief to Miki as she didn't want to have to go all the way back to the farm to consult the farmer but she would. She also figured naming the creature earlier would help out its growth prospects, like it had with their other mount. The small chick lavished under the attention of the hands that petted it, "Girl Philip would be funny, but I don't want to ruin the life of a real creature... with my pop-culture references. Can't be a total meme lord or anything..." Miki mentioned. She was no internet troll, but she enjoyed the small jokes, but with a creature so cute she had no intention of making its existence a joke. Soon after, Kou started listing off names, and the little bird in her hands began looking at him as he did. Each time a name was spoken, she nipped at his fingers. Particularly hard when Leeroy was mentioned twice. All the while, Fiona got only a gentle flutter of the female chicks wings and her chest puffed out. Miki felt the vibrations of her little body within her hands. "Uh... might be Fiona, that gave a nice reaction... I think it's pretty cute too!~" she said of that particular name. At the mention of Fiona from Miki, a little vibration came from the creatures body again. Like it was indeed what it'd chosen.

Kou listed a total of five different names, not quite expecting any of them to be preferred. The Filolial's beak bit his finger numerous times throughout his list, but one particular name produced a favorable reaction according to Miki. "You mean a reaction that doesn't take off my finger? Ouch!" he said, though after Miki mentioned the name Fiona again, Kou could see the reaction of the Filolial. "Fiona, then? Seems legit to me. Okaeri, Fiona~" he stated with a wider, brighter grin than he bore previously.

The little bird seemed to react favorably to the name Fiona and when it was mentioned by Kou that it seemed only favorable in that it didn't lose him a finger, Miki couldn't help but chuckle. "I mean... that's about as favorable as one could ask for right? You keep fingers, she gets a happy name... sounds fair to me~" she said in a manner light-heartedly sarcastic. Of course, his agreement on the name would bring more direct attention to the Filolial now known as Fiona, and the greeting he gave the creature brought about a happy reaction. Mostly it made the small bird chirp and flutter as it tried and succeeded at jumping from Miki's hands onto Kou's shoulder. "Kawaii!~ Fiona's so cute... and it suits you~" she said to the little bird, also bearing a grin quite large and bright at this point. Fiona continued to muss her feathers and vibrate seeming to gain a bit of pride about the name she'd been given. She reacted favorably to it being said again, this time vibrating against Kou's neck as she settled in there with a smug look of satisfaction upon her face. Miki didn't know what kind of reaction she'd initially expected from Kou, but she found his smile in this moment to be quite attractive, she also enjoyed the idea of him taking care of someone or something else. It was surely becoming one of her favorite qualities about the lad. 'Nice... it's good to see him smile like that...' the lass thought suddenly very pleased.

Hikari for all of her harping earlier, watched these two interact with there new pet and found them to be rather cute. Both seemed to be completely enthralled with something as simple as a chicken. And while she expected this sort of thing from her brother, she didn't expect his female companion to share that sort of interest in something so simple. 'Baka... both of them are so damned cute... they deserve each other...' she thought with a roll of her eyes content to relax until such a time as they left this place in search of their next destination or whatever or wherever they planned to go for the night.

In the midst of the shared excitement over the newborn Filolial, Kou received the pleasure of having the chick hop onto his shoulder. In this way, it was acting more like a pet, or even a child, than what one would expect of a mount from a video game, but this was also just real life now. "From biting to this, huh? I don't mind the change, and I guess I'm doing alright as long as I still have fingers," he said while reaching up to Fiona again.

It was the later part of the same night that this group, still sans Karna, could be found at the beach again after acquiring a large tent and sleeping bags from another shop not too far away. The moon was high in the sky while Kou tampered with the six-person tent's support beams to ensure its solidity by the sandy shores. Once he thought he was as done as he could be with this, he hopped down and called out to the others. "Phew! Looks good! Can we get some runes on it? It'd be nice to not worry about some random monster showing up and trashing the thing while we're asleep."

Fiona, as their newest addition was being called, took to her new perch aptly. It seemed that it was respected when she didn't bite this man, and it got her extra petting which she appreciated. With that in mind she found herself snuggling a bit more into him while she was pet for the second time. Small chirps escaped her as well this time, as she was content to ride along this way. "Kawaii!~ She's like the cutest thing ever..." Miki mentioned with untold elation at their newest addition.

When the moon had risen quite a bit and they were back on the shores of the beaches, it would seem that Kou had decided to build the tent for them to stay in. All the while the Filolial chick, Fiona spent its time perched atop Miki's head. It was staring fixedly at what was going on, with a great deal of intelligence in those beady black eyes. Miki found herself absently petting the creature atop her head, as she was called upon to help in the efforts. "Hai hai... I'll take care of it. Not like I want to be attacked while sleeping or anything," she mentioned as she began to walk around the tent posting the necessary runes to create the bounded field which would enclose their sleeping space. "Sugoi! Miki-nee, you know Rune Magic? That's really useful..." she managed finding this whole process to be a bit strange to watch, but she figured there were worse things. "Hai, it was one of the first things I wanted when settling in to this place... it's one of my favorite forms of magic and definitely one of the most useful so far," she mentioned of her choice. Within a few moments the bounded field was created around the tent and to a large area surrounding it. "There... that should about do it..." she said with a quick exhale. Though it didn't take as much energy from her as it used to, creating large bounded fields was still pretty bothersome. After a moment, Fiona jumped down from her head and landed atop her shoulder, choosing to puff up and draw attention to herself. "Hai hai... you were a wonderful help~" she said to the little bird while doting upon it, much like she would any pet.

After Kou hopped down from the tent, Miki did indeed take over with her Rune Magic. Kou stepped back to watch from a distance as she went to work in creating the bounded field. When it was all over, Kou stepped forward with his fist extended. "Noice!" he said to the blonde. He very much appreciated having such conventional abilities in the group, especially ones which also had combat benefits. It was the sort of thing he sought for himself, but didn't often see others select in video games of any sort. "Bright and early, then? Nothing says strong chicken like waking up to a swim in riptides~"

After she finished creating the bounded field she turned to find Kou with an arm extended and a fist in her direction. She met it with her own and grinned at the lad. "Noice!~" the lass said in return at the moments their fists met, Fiona hopped down Miki's arm and crossed onto Kou's still seeking affection in the way a pet would between its two favorite people. It seemed she had some recognition of the fact that tomorrows activities were about her, and she seemed to be excited about it. "Hai hai, sounds like a plan to me." Miki said heading inside, she chose a sleeping bag close to the right hand side, and settled in for the night. Hikari went along as well, cuddling herself between Miki and the tents right wall, leaving Miki closer to the middle than the edge. Whatever the case, the demi-human was content to sleep. "Oyasumi, Nii-san, Miki-nee!!~" she said as she settled in as well, content to sleep the night away. "Goodnight, Kou and Hikari-chan~" Miki managed. All the while Fiona was hopping around on Kou ready to settle down for the night as well, but incapable of probably expressing this aside from movements.

"Ossu!" Kou said as his fist was met by Miki's. He joined the others in entering the tent, making an effort to once again pet Fiona with his finger on the way. Considering he was the last one to set foot in the tent, and the other spaces were presently filled, Kou lowered himself into the space on the left side of the tent. He shifted Fiona to the pillow, next to his head. "Oyasumi, minna," he said while closing his eyes.

The next morning, Kou stood at the edge of the shore, awaiting the moment they would officially begin Fiona's 'training' as it were. He took this time to look out onto the waters, finding the riptides to be something he considered just about the perfect challenge. What's more, there was just enough calm space in the sunken part of the ocean ahead for a bit of relaxation between areas of turmoil.

Fiona took her attention where she could get it, and seemed to be very pleased by the doting of her father figure. By the time she was moved to the pillow, she settled down like a bird roosting, and angled herself between Kou and Miki. Goodnights were spoken all around and then there was nothing but sleep for the group.

Miki awoke the next morning seemingly early, but hadn't managed to beat Kou to wakefulness. It seemed such a thing was only fated to happen once in their adventures. Whatever the case, she didn't wake by her own mechanization this day, instead their shared Filolial was gently pecking at the lass' nose trying to wake her. This would leave the very tip of the girl's nose a little red as she woke up. "Ano, I would have gotten up soon anyways. You could stand to be a bit more gentle. But... arigatou..." she managed reaching out for the little bird and giving it a firm pet. Sure of Miki's wakefulness Fiona took off at a run and headed to Kou on the shore. Miki in the meantime turned to a still sleeping Hikari and was met strangely with the lass' sleeping words. "Don't even think about it... I'm not waking up early so you guys can raise your chicken... go on without me..." she mumbled as she rolled up and hunkered down for what could potentially be a few more hours of sleep. A few minutes later, Miki would join stifling a gentle yawn but having put herself fully back together again. She'd be seen wearing her swimsuit with her jacket on and zipped covering most of her body but leaving her legs exposed. "Ohayou Gozaimasu..." she murmured. Having reached the same point on the shore, Fiona could be seen running between both of their legs as if excited by whatever was going on here. "Yare yare, she's full of energy..."

After standing around gazing at the sea for some time, Kou was joined at the shore by none other than Fiona. When this occurred, Kou took a crouched position and placed his hand atop the chick's head. "Ohayou gozaimasu, Fio~" he said. Meanwhile, Miki approached as well. Kou was focused on Fiona, but the sound of the blonde's voice pulled his attention away. "Ohayou gozaimasu!" As he greeted Miki, he noticed Hikari was nowhere to be seen. This came as no surprise to Kou at all, and in fact, he began chuckling at the thought. "No Hikari? I'm guessing... it'll be about three hours. It's not like she was the one who wanted to go swimming or anything~"

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast