Page 41 of 63 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: Atlantis

For whatever reason, Miki didn't catch Kou's very clearly-spoken query. He looked to the girl with great curiosity in his visage. What could have put her in such a state? The number of things happening, while being unsolvable for Kou, was becoming a bit of a bother here in Atlantis. Whatever the case, he didn't even have to repeat himself; Seriri took care of things in that department. She blamed Miki's recent waking for this odd behavior, and yet... Kou had been there during the blonde's waking hours many times over the course of their shared adventure. She'd been a bit out of sorts, but she was always quick to recover. Now shouldn't have been the time for such oddities.

"H-... Hai. I think it'd be nice to participate. Nobody else here will have much going for that day, so maybe we could even get others involved. I was actually thinking to make something for Fiona, and a bit of outside influence would really help that as well."

Miki was out of sorts, and not even for reasons which she could possibly discuss. Right in the moment, she was happy her friend seemed to be capable of coming up with a passable excuse for why she was like this, but she could still see the very clear curiosity in the eyes of her partner. He was far too observant and had too much knowledge about her to fall for such things, but for now it would be enough unless he decided to think about it more. "Gomen gomen, I was focused, just... spaced out," she excused her own carelessness in the moment as it wasn't something that happened very often. It seemed Kou wanted to do something nice for the Filolial making something for it and potentially getting others involved with the creation or activity since their group of other world adventurers wouldn't have parents here to support their parent child day. "I'm all in, that would be pretty good and give most of us something to do on an otherwise dead day..." Miki agreed, switching her panic to something more easily manageable. "Do you know what you want to make for her?" she asked quietly, trying not to draw the attention of the bird, lest she figure out they were talking about her. Seriri watched as the lass switched focus almost instantly and seemed fine to play off the potential mix-up of her brain in the previous moments. 'I didn't know it was possible for her to panic so much... It's pretty cute actually. I didn't know Kimi did cute...' Seriri thought in the moment. Moving right along, she gave a casual shrug. "I wouldn't be opposed to contributing to something like that if you have something in mind," Seriri mentioned of her own potential participation in the Parent/Child creation for their shared pet. Still all the while there was the thing looming in the mind of Miki and festering in Seriri's own thoughts as well, she knew what the lass wanted to do, and also knew why she was having problems being decisive. A bit of alone time for them as a pair of girls was on the horizon, perhaps she'd take their solo time to encourage her best friend.

"No worries. It happens," Kou said regarding Miki's moment of inattentiveness. He, too, had suffered from such an incident a few times during this adventure, though... he couldn't place a reason for this one. Well, it didn't matter very much at all, as far as he could tell. Miki moved on to the topic at hand without issue, so all was well. She even agreed to the usefulness of getting the others involved, if they so desired. "Hai. I was thinking..." He paused, knowing the young Filolial's Discernment Parameter was quite high, and he'd have to be rather careful with his wording. So, he wouldn't use many words. Kou instead tugged on his own shirt, outside of the Filolial's view. "The tier we bred for. They go through... a special change when they reach maturity, which should be relatively soon. If I had to guess, I'd say it might even be before that day comes around. Say, did you ever think feathers are like hair for avian species?"

That was that, it seemed. All Kou had left was a nod toward Seriri, who audibly confirmed her willingness to participate in the eventual parent/child day. "Arigatou. I had hoped so; yours would be a very important contribution, if we could have it."

The whole of the time Fiona seemed to be watching the group at large. Of course, her level of discernment was really high so she could pick up on things, but it seemed her parent Adventurers were talking about something she couldn't rightly understand. There was obvious frustration in the face of the bird as she huffed uncontrollably. 'Sou ka, she doesn't get it, good good.' thought the lass. Beyond this it seemed that Kou was rather forgiving of her spaced out nature a few moments prior which was also good. Miki was busy watching Kou a few moments later when he tugged on his own shirt while questioning if feathers were like hair for birds. Miki caught on pretty quickly, and apparently there would be a transformation for their bird sometime in her near future. "I guess that would be pretty equivalent. That's a great idea too... " said Miki who'd gotten a hold of the idea of making the bird clothing and likely hair ties for accessories. In the meantime Seriri seemed to be thinking about it and based on how few words were being spoken determined it was a secret for the bird herself. Shockingly she was really into the idea of surprising the bird as well, and couldn't help but try and use as few words as possible to express this. "Hai! Just let me know what I should contribute..." she said with a firm nod. All and all this entire situation was coming together as a nice surprise for Fiona who was none the wiser obvious by her newest disgruntled chirp.

Fiona's state of displeasure did not avoid Kou's notice. He chuckled lightly, reaching out to pet the Filolial's back. She'd get over it. "There, there. Nothing to worry about," he said calmly. It seemed both Miki and Seriri were on-board for the plan of crafting a few things for the Filolial. Kou looked to the latter, nodding to confirm her offer. "Right. I'll check in with you later. Right now, I guess we're done here."

Indeed, that was about it for Kou. He didn't want to say too much, considering Fiona's Discernment stat. There also wasn't much left to do here in general, so he was content to take his leave of the others, and await the first event that required his attention. All the while, he'd be working on his idea for parent/child day.

Fiona was petted and as such calmed down quite a bit. Though she was frustrated by not being able to figure out what was going on between this group of adults, she'd figure it out eventually. Miki also gave her a casual pet and grinned at her, in the same way she had while the little creature was trapped within her egg. "Hai hai, don't worry about it too much..." she said softly. Moving right along, Kou was content to do other things until such a time came as his presence was required. And this was a perfect opening for Seriri who turned her attention to Miki. "That means you're free for a while right, Kimi? Want to get your nails done with me?" she said in an offer of pampering the pair had taken part in before. A smile came to Miki's face as she could use something like that and it would give her time to think a bit more. "Hai... that sounds pretty good. Catch ya' later, Kou." she said and Fiona after a moment or two would simply wander around behind the pair of young women, deciding that their activity of choice would be interesting to see.

A while thereafter, the two lasses were seated with their feet in bubbling warm water and each with a set of young maids filing their fingernails down to specified levels. Miki while relaxed had returned to thinking in depth, and Fiona was getting her claws tended as well, happy to feel included. It would be at a time like this when Miki was at her most unguarded that Seriri would prod her. "You're trying to figure out if you should do something for him for Valentine's Day... aren't ya?" she asked of the girl in a manner most blunt. The blonde lass looked up seemingly surprised, but as someone had hold of both of her hands she couldn't really move. She could only look shocked and blush intensely. "Oh shit, was it that obvious... tell me it wasn't that obvious..." she said needing confirmation that she hadn't blown her own cover completely. "Iie, it is only obvious to me because I've seen how you act around him and I know it isn't how you normally handle people..." she said softly. "It's pretty cute to see... I think you should go for it," she said with an affirmative nod. Approval from Seriri in a case such as this was rather strange, and Miki, even as her original self would have found it a bit suspicious. "I don't know if I can... or should rather... I wouldn't want to ruin things... ya' know..." she said softly. This was a real moment of vulnerability and one in general only shown to the lass at her side. For this girl to be this way, she had to have taken the things that happened in her life pretty harshly, to feel like trying would be worse than not doing so in such a case. "Right, not knowing really messes with you. I understand... but that's supposed to be part of the fun you know?" she encouraged the other lass. "Besides... I have it on pretty good authority, after dealing with both of you in your Dragonoid forms and in your people forms that it will work out... after all... you both tamed a dragon," she said cutting her eyes to the lass at her side. This caused another flash of embarrassment across Miki's face. "Oi, I was hard to deal with after all. But..." she paused thinking about how she'd gotten the softer care from Akashi she could only guess at what had been done with Tatsuki. "Yes, that is exactly what I am implying. I don't have the details of it, I didn't witness it. But the maids chat among themselves about the taming of Dragons and such by a pair of adventurers. And they cleaned up the throne room twice..." said Seriri with a bit of humor in her eyes. "I guess you never gave up on those manga, huh?" she asked of the other girl, which made Miki go wide eyed. "Well, no... they're really well written. And the relationships are realistic and the scenes are all really..." she paused, flustered once again. "You know what I mean..." she said softly. "Yeah, I kept up with a few of them until I ended up here... and what I can honestly say is... going all out even if it turns out bad, will be worth it, to not have to watch you dancing around him like you're unsure..." she said to her friend calmly. "Do what you want, show him who you really are, if that's what worries you... but don't give up before you even try. Okay?" she asked of the girl. This was strangely encouraging to Miki, she hadn't considered that she'd been giving up by not trying to see what kind of affection Kou had for her. "I think... I get you... I know what to do I think... It will take some planning. Do you have a private chocolate maker coming through?" she asked of the girl. "Hai! Of course... I wanted to learn a few new techniques... but if you wanted something simple, I could show you." mentioned her friend who had a talent for cooking which Miki could appreciate. "Alright. I am going to need to do that and get it done, there are some other things I have to take care of to make my idea work out..." she mentioned softly, and it seemed that she was on her way to a grand romantic gesture. All of which would take place on Valentine's Day the day following the announcement.

The very next morning, Kou awoke and went about his regular routine. A quick trip to the baths, a bit of organization to his clothes and hair, and he was ready to move on with the day. The first day of festivities was, of course, Valentine's Day. He wouldn't have any place to participate, naturally. Instead, he'd work on his plan for parent/child day with Fiona.

... Speaking of, he wasn't sure at all where the Filolial had gotten off to since the previous day. It was probably for the best that she was presently nowhere to be seen. So long as she wasn't nearby, he could plot all he wanted. Now then, where to start? Something magical was obviously in order for such a fine Filolial, so he'd likely go for something of the sort with the hair ornaments he had in mind. Having access to the others only made this idea more plausible. As he considered this, Kou paced the entrance corridor of the palace in Atlantis. 'Maybe something to amplify her strength, or auto-clean her feathers? She could get very big, so getting stuff caught in them might be a problem? Hmm...'

None too strangely, first thing in the morning within the palace, Queen Seriri would be found. She was currently eating a bit of chocolate with access to a great deal more. In fact, she was carrying a full box of it with various fillings, flavors and decadencies. Of course, she'd been making them most of the night, but she wasn't very tired to start with so she was happily enjoying them. Upon spotting Kou pacing out front she approached with a smile on her face. "Kou-kun!~ Ohayou!~ Non-binding chocolate of choice, while you think?" she asked of the lad opening the box in case he wanted to try one while she had another of her own accord. She wondered what the lad was thinking about, and also found it strange that the Filolial in question was missing. Of course, Fiona was currently sleeping in the same room Miki had been. Overnight her feathers had shifted about a bit, and so had her body. She'd gained several sky to royal blue feathers around her breasts, giving her the look of a blue crested creature while retaining the most of her jet black feathers. All the while she slept away, not knowing about plans of her parent figures. Strangely, Miki wasn't here, she was doing something else entirely and wouldn't appear for a while yet.

In the midst of his pacing, Kou was met by the queen herself. The woman consumed various confections of a chocolate variety, quite fitting of the day Atlantis celebrated at present. Ah, but there it was... a lesser reason for Kou's lack of participation in this day. When offered the chocolates, even while having them offered in a non-binding manner, he held out a hand and shook his head. "Thanks, but... I hate chocolate," he said calmly. True enough, though he could appreciate sweets of all sorts, he had a certain distaste for chocolates, among a few other things. Besides that, he'd brushed his teeth recently enough for anything to be disgusting to taste. "I was just trying to think of what Fiona could use as a magical item. There are so many possibilities, and nothing she could use at all would be very hard to make..."

Queen Seriri asked the lad in question if he would like a chocolate and got to know the shocking fact that he didn't in fact like chocolate. Her eyes widened and she looked at the lad as if he'd grown another head. She simply couldn't fathom someone not liking chocolate. "What?! That's like insane!!" she said genuinely shocked, though for more than one reason. 'I hope whatever else Kimi planned it doesn't completely bank on the chocolate... whatever maybe she knew that already...' she thought knowing she didn't know exactly what the girl had been doing in creating her confection of choice.

Moving right along it seemed that the lad was thinking over craft-able creations for the Filolial that the pair kept as a pet. "Claw enhancing charms or protection charms are usually a go to for Filolials. Or if you know what kind of attacks she does aside from the physical ones, attack buffing things usually work out pretty well too..." she offered her own opinion on the things that could or would be applied to the Filolilal in question. She'd offer her suggestions in this case even as she continued to devour chocolates. Admittedly leaving a couple lines of chocolates completely untouched. One line of white chocolates was loved by Kimi specifically and she'd made them with her in mind. But where was the blonde haired lass in question? She was completing a strange set of markings around the Kingdom. All of them had been laid by her and her pet Direwolf and weren't visible to the eye of anyone not tied to the magic found there. In order for it to spark, she'd need a bit of contact with Kou, but she figured she could get that at any point in the day. For now, she sat atop her pet wolf and moved through the streets taking in the early morning sights. Within her cloak a single well-wrapped box containing a very specifically crafted confection for a very specific person. She'd been very busy this day, and still needed to go back and check on the Filolial she'd left sleeping in her room.

Page 41 of 63 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast