Page 52 of 63 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: Atlantis

This woman's state of dress, or rather undress, was of no concern to Kaiba. He didn't even pay her so much as a second glance as he sauntered his way into her workplace, as if he himself owned it. He looked as displeased by the very existence around him as ever, scoffing in disgust as if the smell of Bulma's cigarettes put him off. That wasn't the case at all. No, instead he was bothered by the way she addressed him after his entry.

"Yes, I have a Dragon of Dracolite and Magisteel. Why do you think I've come for Dracolite?" he questioned, though that wasn't all he had to say. Would he comment on the fact that he hadn't knocked before entering? No. He was Kaiba Seto, and he was going to enter when he pleased, regardless of others' opinions about it. "Hmph! You don't know, do you? It's perfectly possible to create a Dragon in this world, even though they haven't been seen in ages. I intend to do just that, using the shell I currently have as a catalyst."

Did Bulma care at all if Kaiba didn't like her smoking? No. She'd continue as this conversation wasn't doing much for her concentration on the matters in her mind currently. She was in the middle of designing the grandest sailing vessel this world would see for some time to come. And here was Kaiba, in her workshop carrying on with blatant disregard for her work. He seemed to agree that he had the things she'd mentioned so his stay in her workplace was seemingly unnecessary, but he claimed this wasn't the case. Far beyond what could be considered a normal plane of reason, Kaiba claimed that she didn't know about the creation of Dragons within this world and he claimed to be able to make one using Dracolite. He went on to state that what he had currently was merely a shell and he'd need the other to make it so. "Uh-huh...." said Bulma finally after a long exhale of her cigarette. She didn't know what planet this man fell from but she wouldn't turn over her own Dracolite to him, just to quell his obsession with Dragons. "This is still sounding like a lot of not really my problem. The Dracolite I have is bound to me. I can't give it to you... I also won't sacrifice it just so you can have a Dragon," she said rather plainly. From a logical perspective, there was no reason for her to give up her Dracolite, knowing that there were two Dragonoids with them within their bodies. Beyond all of that there was also the extra chance that creating a Dragon in a moment would force that pair into appearing properly which according to all sources wasn't something they wanted to do either. Beyond all of that, what she was working on presently would more than likely yield better results than the ability to summon a single dragon for Kaiba, and as such his request was the one she denied.

She didn't have anything else to say immediately but after she spoke most recently her eyes turned downward, back to the drawing at hand. She had a good idea of the amount of materials and the diversity of them that she'd need to make the bottom portion of the vessel she had in mind. Admittedly, even with her own genius it would take months to put the whole thing together. Still, she figured she likely had the time while everyone was leveling up to finish her project of choice. Still there was the matter of the upper half of the ship, which was missing from its original blueprints. Did it need some sort of engine? A balloon? Maybe some complicated form of sail that ran on magical energy? She could do that right? 'Ugh... there are too many options. And all of them are too potentially straining for me to choose one implicitly without it potentially sacrificing the good of another choice.'

"Whether you think it is or not, it is your problem, just as much as it is mine." Surely there was something more to the male's approach, but it didn't seem he was keen on revealing the point before blurting out his desire. Oh well. All would become clear momentarily, albeit not before the tall male drew closer and closer to the blue-haired woman. He loomed over her while wearing that stern expression that seemed painted on his face with some permanent substance at this point.

Was he looking over her shoulder, at her work? No. He wouldn't bother himself with whatever trivial matters she was up to, when he had a grand scheme of his own that needed fulfilling. Ah, speaking of that grand scheme though, it was time for it to be unveiled... in some semblance, at least. "The Dracolite being bound to you means nothing. I suppose I should say, my goals will be just as beneficial to you and your... unnecessary fiddling with mechanics. By converting my Dragon of science into something organic, I plan to reach the world above this meager, earthbound slum of a place. There is an entire world beyond this, and I will take my influence there. I'm sure you'll enjoy knowing that it should make Atlantis look like a child's toy box."

Somehow Kaiba planned to make this more of this lass' problem than it was already proven not to be. She would have scoffed had she not already been holding a cigarette in her mouth. Another inhale. Maybe the smoke would clear her mind, even as Kaiba approached directly, lording over her as she assumed he did with literally everyone he came across. His more recent words though, spoke as if she would find something useful from what he said. He claimed apparently that his aim was to reach the world in the sky and he needed a Dragon for it. A smirk came to the lass' face and she simply chuckled. What else could she do? In this case the man's words were at least sensible too bad she was already well on her way to solving her own problem. "Sou ka, you really think that way, huh? Can you just not see, or did you think that idea was original to you?" she asked somewhat rhetorically, while tapping the drawing she was working on. She'd explored the library upon reaching this place. Found the blueprints along with references to the place above, the Sky Islands and high tier magic. And though Kaiba was currently the highest level person she had contact with, she knew for a fact that one didn't simply consider going into the Sky without a proper group set up. Such of course, was the reasoning behind her most recent creation.

"I've been working, for literal days on massive group transport for the exploration of the Sky Islands. They have to have more advanced tech than this place, which is rumored to have fallen from there. But with that comes more magical and advanced enemies. What I need, isn't a single Dragon... that may or may not be mountable, as they are higher order creatures anyways. I need a party capable of taking on such a challenge without getting us all killed in the process..." she said. Having given up initially on simply taking what she needed from others, and because her ego wasn't necessarily rooted in anything but her machines, she had an alternative method. She would reach the Sky Islands through diligence by ingratiating herself with Kou and Miki. As a pair they were pretty decently advanced for their current level and on an individual basis would have more to offer than a single organic Dragon to fly into the sky with. "Though if we have the same goal, and you can actually help us get there... I might be willing to help you with your Dragon obsession." Though she wasn't a deal maker like others of their group, she at least knew by virtue of her own work the value of equivalent exchanges made for reaching towards common goals.

What was this? Did this woman dare imply that she had a solution, one somehow better than his own? This was something he had to see. As such, he peered over her shoulder to see something, interestingly enough, very informative. "Hmph! You're telling me Atlantis kept this information from ancient times, and they've done nothing with it for generations?" How appalling these Atlanteans were, letting such magnificence go to waste.

It seemed, though, that there was waste even on the part of Bulma. Her talk of forming a group was fair enough, but from what he could see, this little project ship remained incomplete. "Bringing others is necessary. A Dragon could easily do the job for a single trip, in place of a sky ship. What I'm seeing here is just a template. It's early works, nothing like what I've seen. Primitive doesn't begin to describe it; I don't think the features were completed by the time Atlantis fell." The more he spoke, the more he moved. A simple trek was taken around this workshop, touching this random piece of equipment, shifting the next. "You're suggesting this instead of a Dragon, when you have nothing other than a flimsy boat to go on otherwise? No, no... you need the Dragon, don't you? Something material to finish off the rest of that boat design, with enough power to handle what the skies of this world are like."

Kaiba was apparently surprised by the fact that such information survived in Atlantis without them using that to their advantage. Perhaps he hadn't been talking to the other people within Atlantis very much. "More like, they were incapable of using it. As until about a week ago, this place was a cesspool for the worst of sentient lifeforms and all of their bad habits," she said with a bit of a smirk. It was said by the common folk of this place that they didn't find deliverance properly until the travelers showed up. But she'd gotten that information already, hearing that Atlantis was open for business again had lead her to the blueprints that would make going upwards to more interesting things possible. If of course, the lad with her would actually quiet himself long enough for her to think.

"No, it wasn't finished by the time Atlantis fell. And it didn't become complete afterwards, either. I am probably the first person to look at these in quite a while," she mentioned with a sigh. Her smoke was finished and it was put out immediately following her sentence within a tray off to the side. He was quite right, she hadn't finished it yet. She'd taken her own design starting from the base, making it able to dock, both at sea and in the sky. She'd gone out of her way to develop the proper steering system, made it mechanical with a hint of magic. What she was missing was sails at this point and what Kaiba had to offer again was Dragons. "It's like beating a dead horse with you..." she said with her head tilted to the side as if confused only for a moment. A dragon to drag along the rest of the boat would be nice, but there was no telling if a creature a living one would be okay with such a thing. Actually.... "Quiet."

That was all the lass said for several moments thereafter. Her mind was calm again. She'd been trying to rationalize what kind of system to use to move the boat, but Kaiba and all of his incessant prattling about Dragons was actually a bit helpful. Maybe. She moved aside her other drawings and began sketching atop the light table an image of dragon wings. Diagrams of them opening and closing. The fins at their tails for maneuverability. Dragons held dominion over the sky for a reason. Kaiba's obvious favoritism aside, this version of the 'sails' was probably the best and basically a combination of all of her previous ideas. "Oh, that's pretty good." she mused. Actually her own machines were less magical than they could be, but obviously she'd developed quite a few things to work with the magic of this world, like her Dragon Radar. She began compiling a greater list soon after, some other things she'd need to make such a thing more feasible. She was fairly open to working with and sharing this idea with Kaiba, as it was partly his to start with, besides, she had no real idea of how to create a Dragon and it was obviously his line of expertise. "Come on then, I assume you have an idea in mind or all that talking was kind of pointless."

"Incapable? More like stupid," he claimed. No matter what sort of situation the Atlanteans had been through over the generations, it certainly didn't happen immediately after the kingdom's fall. They should have had every opportunity to finish this project, and return to the skies in some respect. It had to be the folly of the Atlanteans themselves, that they didn't do so after the kingdom fell.

"The other cities and kingdoms finished theirs, and made them better. But..." His statement trailed off there. Had he really been interrupted and silenced? A scoff escaped the male brunette, followed by a grimace more intense than his usual dissatisfied expression. This little woman didn't even catch his point when he referenced an organic Dragon as the thing needed to complete the sky ship. She then had the nerve to assume he had an idea in mind, as if that hadn't been his point all along. "Don't be an idiot, Hisakawa! Of course I have a plan, and if you would open your ears, you could hear it! What that ship needs is actually an organic Dragon. Conventional sails, balloons, none of that will work. It needs something able to resist the high concentration of Mana in this world's atmosphere."

"I said what I meant," she said about the difference between being incapable and being stupid. Though she would have been the first to admit that the line of thinking of the Merfolk was a bit stupid to start with. Beyond this point he was content to speak right until he was quieted. Of course, there was the fact that he looked down right disgusted, but at least he was quiet for the few moments that she required it. It seemed though that he didn't fully comprehend why the lass was asking for his idea. She was well past the first stage and the introduction of the Dragon, she was wondering about the sort of life-form he intended to try and create while being able to attach it to a ship. Strangely, Kaiba showed something almost akin to an outburst claiming she would have heard the plan if she had listened to what he was saying. It was like he didn't understand she'd already caught up. "Yes, we're past that part. Keep up." she said looking at the lad as if confused as to how he was still on the part he was. "I get it, a Dragon to replace the part of the ship that would have been its heart. We're at the part where you explain the creation of one which will allow itself to become such a downgraded existence," she said as if this was the real problem in the first place. In truth it was, everything this world said about Dragons and everything the staff in Atlantis said about them, hinted that they weren't the types to be relegated to beasts of burden. She had no intention of creating or helping create something she couldn't control and Dragons couldn't be used as mounts so obviously there was some other thing going on here and that was the information she needed.

"Right. Mentally incapable," he insisted. No matter how this woman said it, or what she meant to imply, he would sum it up to a single thing. No manner of creature should be so careless when it came to their own craft and history. Even monkeys were less callous toward their own forefathers. Nevertheless, the topic shifted after a bit of silence on Seto's part. At the end of it all, he wound up rubbing the bridge of his nose betwixt his forefinger and thumb. Was this woman, with all of her ability to create, missing something he considered so critical? Clearly.

A sigh escaped him. It seemed he'd have to explain further to this woman who claimed to be aboard his idea. "Tch! Keep your thoughts in order, Hisakawa. The ship's heart is easy; it takes nothing to replicate the source of a Dragon's internal network. The thing that needs work, effort, is the sails. Anything else you craft will shred to pieces in this world's sky, leaving the ship to plummet right back down here. That's what the Dracolite is most useful for. Using the power of a real Dragon, not just a replica, it should be possible to recreate something akin to a Dragon's hide. Some sacrifice of lesser materials may be necessary, but that's nothing compared to the outcome of having a Dragon's physical form available. In terms even a simple craftsman like you can understand, the scales will handle the big scary sky, and the hide itself will handle the feedback of energy from the scales. Making them both should be a simple matter of alchemy."

Bulma was quiet for several moments. She wondered how anyone managed to have a conversation with this lad when he spoke this way all the time. In fact, she couldn't deny wanting another cigarette. She wouldn't have one right just in this moment though, it seemed that she'd finally managed to get out of Kaiba exactly what he needed from her. Why did he play such a strangely leading game? Did she ruin his fun by not trying to jump to conclusions? Maybe? That gave her a strange bit of satisfaction. Alchemy then? That was his answer to their problem of creating a vessel capable of taking on the Sky. The exchange of equivalent material for other material...

"Sou ka, I hadn't looked much into Alchemy yet. I mean, I understand it in theory but... I've been getting by with my base knowledge of mechanics. I guess at this point it would only add to my creation ability," she gave herself a moment of pause to think about it. She had the free skills usage to make such a thing something she could do without compromising anything about what she wanted to do. As an aside, use of magic to do the things necessary to create this thing. The only major problem she could foresee was assembly. A boat was a large project, a magical sky-faring ship was likely the biggest project. "Bones, scales, and leather..." she mentioned thinking it over a gentle tapping of her finger went along with that still light beeping noise from her Dragon Radar. "If I get all of those things together in some pretty decent quantities I can use my Dracolite as a catalyst in one of those Alchemist rituals and create the kind of things I need. Shifting them from whatever they are into Dragon. Then use them to piece together the ship," she was speaking, but not to Kaiba. No. Now she was writing drawing she could see such a thing coming together now in a way she hadn't before, simply because the magic had been missing from her earlier ideas. "I can treat the non-dragon made parts with Dragon based products too. Wax the hull, treat the metals, make them all resistant to the extra dense Mana by virtue of that connection. Not waste an entire kingdom's worth of Magisteel to make a single thing~" she said with the exact intention of making a minor jab at Kaiba, since he'd been so freely taking them at her the entire time they'd been talking. Of course, there was still putting it together but she had a bit of an idea about that. She'd hold that one close for now, as it was an idea she'd already had in the first place.

Page 52 of 63 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast