Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1353616263

Thread: Atlantis

Licht sighed. He could only assume Miki was going the distance to make the situation just a bit less worrisome than it was in actuality, but he couldn't keep himself from considering the negatives. "Yes, you may already be a moving target, but this is like taking a moving target and putting strobe lights on it. Like I said, I'm not against it. I just can't stop thinking ahead to the fact that if we're going to the sky, that has to be post-game content with a level 50 minimum. Kaiba's level is something past 50, and that shouldn't be possible in the eyes of anyone who didn't meet some super secret condition after a full story run. There have to be challenges ahead of us that we have no idea what to do with yet. A lot of streamers and YouTubers who play this game stopped recording, and a lot of professionals disappeared from the leaderboards before I came here. Those are the people to be concerned about... potentially," he claimed, ending his tirade there. He didn't believe there was much trouble to be met at all just yet, but he wanted to make his thoughts known regardless. There was, after all, always a risk. So long as the dangers were being given necessary consideration, he had no qualms whatsoever.

Of course, Hikari had to chime in with yet another jab at the lad. As if to prove her right without hesitation, Licht scoffed at her assertion. Even so, he was content to step forward when Miki offered the deal that included him as a confidant. In spite of what may have seemed like protesting from him earlier, he didn't even bother looking at the specifics of the deal. If both Miki and Hikari were in agreement, he could be satisfied simply giving his signature without another word spoken.

It seemed that Licht's worries extended to the idea of professional gamers within this world and all of the people they'd likely encounter post reaching the sky. Miki had to admit that the Sky was an open option and one which she had only minute bits of extra knowledge about. Even so, she was less concerned about running into their world's more famous gamers here. "Hai hai, I'll keep that in mind. I am less worried about the Youtubers and public faces than I am about the day to day gamers. The famous ones at least should be set up well enough that people like us won't hit their radar for a while at least, and even when we do, it likely won't matter too much," she said knowing how the rich and famous tended to consider those on the rise. It would be quite a while until she garnered any attention. At this point given her unknown username she was less likely to gain any kind of following or hunting than someone like Geno Killer or Kaiba Seto.

Still, as they moved along, it seemed that despite the potential negatives the lad presented, he seemed not to care too much about the details as long as both Miki and Hikari agreed upon them. Hikari gave the contract a thorough look over and then filled in everything necessary and signed. Licht did the same without even looking at it. Miki gave it a read as well and then placed the stake with all the information on it back within her cloak where it belonged. "Alright done deal. I look forward to working with you," she mentioned in a speech that fell out of her face because of her former life, the extended hand was met by Hikari's own and she managed to laugh. "You really sound like a business tycoon," she said laughing as she received a rather massive bit of experience, meanwhile Miki managed to look confused about this. "Why did that get me XP? I gained like half a level..." she said still looking at her Nexus Vision. "Gold Experience is a passive skill I have, we are still in the same party so it probably passed along a bit to everyone for a the sealing of a business transaction," was the blonde lass' response. "Sou ka... you guys do too much. Anyways, enjoy your gift... Diva before the break?" she said remembering one of the more important points that they needed to get to before they split up.

"Are you sure about that? Again, this is the sort of thing that'll bring you attention that you otherwise wouldn't have," Licht said in passing as the deal came to its long-awaited conclusion. The experience gained by Hikari was then brought to the attention of the group at large. Licht shifted his eyes toward Miki, who went on to explain why such a thing happened due to a business transaction. Knowing his sister to be less versed in games such as Age of Eternity than the rest of their group, he decided to chime in. "AoE was called the ultimate immersive experience produced by Industrial Illusions. No matter what type of player you are, there's a way to reach the endgame for you. They made it possible to craft, hunt, or even entertain your way up to max level without even trying combat beforehand."

Explanations out of the way, Licht stepped away from the others. There was an interaction meant to be had with Diva, for whatever reason the lad desired. Since it seemed they were about done here, Licht took the initiative to construct another portal for the group's travel. At the other end, they would find Diva in the company of others, taking charge of Atlantis' Guardians to have them piece together a grand boat-like vessel using materials taken and augmented after the Leviathan battle of days prior.

"I'm pretty sure. People aren't looking for a relative unknown. At the very least I should be fully set up before it will be a problem..." Miki said seeming fairly certain of this even though only time would tell. If she was being honest, there were at least a couple of people she'd enjoy having at her disposal during the sort of campaign she was currently planning. In the end Hikari received a bit of extra information on the way this game had functioned in their own world. It was claimed that one could reach the end game any way they liked, and skills like Miki's 'Gold Experience' were proof of this. "Sou ka, well I mean there are more than a single way to reach the top in regular life. It makes sense if everything you could do contributes to your growth, it's just a little bit crazy sounding when you consider this was a game to us..." she said with a curt nod. Moving right along, the contract was signed and everything that needed to be done had been done, and as such Licht opened up a portal to Diva and those he was helping with their vessel project.

Hikari was the first to bound through this portal, "I am not even gonna lie, brooding bro-face aside, the portal thing is pretty sweet!~" she said happily as she arrived in the same space occupied by Diva. Miki also went through knowing the lad wanted to speak with them but not knowing why was a bit of growing curiosity in the lass. She had no problem with the Atlantean Male but unlike the others his motivations were a bit unknown. Bulma was in this room as well, standing over a strangely crafted Alchemist circle with a great number of ingredients within. She had in her hand a strangely amorphous black stone which she was using to convert random items using her own Mana. She paused after doing this and lit a cigarette. "Ugh, even with his help this conversion is going to take way more time than I'd like... still, I think it's coming together nicely," she said looking up at a boat which was complete as far as its outside was concerned but was missing anything resembling sails. "Diva, he finally woke up!" these were the first words out of Hikari's mouth as she approached the teal haired lad. "Oh and I brought Miki-nee too~" she said happily.

The business end of this meeting had come to an end, and the group made their way to Diva's location with an immediate and happy outburst from Hikari. Licht was still full of wonder as to why Diva sought an audience with them, but the lad would soon be turning to Hikari and mentally preparing himself to make this information known. "A-... Ari... gatou..." the lad spoke, wasting little to no time before leaving his Guardians to their devices with the ship.

While Diva steeled himself, Licht had his eyes drawn toward Bulma. More specifically, his gaze fixed upon the object she wielded. "An Alchemist now, are you? You've made yourself a Philosopher's Stone in this short amount of time?" he asked rhetorically. He kept himself open for whatever it was Diva wanted, though he certainly couldn't ignore such a thing happening right in front of him. Interestingly enough, Licht didn't need to be present for Diva's desire. The Atlantean wished to have words with Miki in particular, if only because he knew he'd have an easier time of it after seeing her interaction with Vasyl. Naturally then, he approached the blonde directly. His right hand extended in an effort to connect with the Druid, the same way his sibling had done days earlier. "Tha... epitrépste mou na engrafó stin omáda sas?" He spoke with an upward inflection, voicing - in words that came more easily to him - his desire to join their group. Licht spared a glance in the direction of this interaction, having no earthly idea what the lad said. Even so, he was certain everything would be fine soon enough, whether he learned the other male's intentions or not.

"Oh I don't need thanks for that..." said Hikari. She would have dragged these two along regardless, but making sure other people got as much access to her brother and Miki as needed was something she'd do any time. Beyond this Bulma during her apparently smoke break caught the attention of the Geno Killer's new Avatar. "Oh? You changed your face... what's this one called then?" she asked with a chuckle. "It only took about a day. I was done before Ashikaga finished gathering the other supplies for me. Science isn't really hard, even in a magical world like this one... Still the ship is coming along nicely. It really might be my best work," she said with a general amount of confidence.

In the meantime Miki was approached rather directly by Diva, who extended his right arm to her. She realized what he wished and moved a bit closer allowing contact with her forehead and thus opening a bridge of understanding between them. His own native tongue was similar to the one connected to her Druid heritage. As such when he spoke while touching her in such a way she could understand the most of his meaning. His question was an astounding one and brought a bit of confusion to the lass' face. "I ndáiríre?" with contact currently happening she was quite certain he could understand her as well. She shot a mental message to Licht to explain the situation. "He, wants to join our group. I don't don't really have a problem with it but it's probably a bit strange considering we're about to split up for a bit..." she gave the lad per their usual form of hidden conversation. All the while Hikari wondered how Miki understood this language the lad spoke in... though she'd also missed the interaction with Vasyl.

"I did," the white-haired male responded. "Did my face change? I haven't looked yet; I don't even know what I look like, aside from the hair Hikari won't leave me alone about. This Avatar is called Licht. Enough about that, though. A Philosopher's Stone made in a single day is a way bigger deal than a simple character swap. I wouldn't be surprised now if you told me you had somehow made one before coming to this world."

The connection Diva sought with Miki was a success; she understood him at least well enough to begin a dialogue. Deep within himself, Diva felt a great deal of satisfaction from this. As much as he wanted to speak the common language, he felt as if having to listen to him was more trouble for others than his words were worth. Adding that to general the fear of interactions that was bred into him, he hardly felt comfortable approaching others at all. "Naí," he said to the lass, voicing his confirmation. Miki sent a summary of Diva's speech to Licht, who could not have been more surprised by the occurrence. 'Seriously? Well, I don't see why not? He's been with Hikari more than even Seriri lately, as far as I know. Besides, here he is talking to you in a language you understand, and it doesn't seem like he's struggling at all. I think it would be fine to have him along if he wants.'

It seemed that the lad previously known as Kou was now known as Licht. Beyond this point he hadn't seen this new form of his and only had a vague idea of what he looked like due to the teasing of his sister. "Sou ka. It changed, but not too much. I can tell they have the same base... if that makes you feel better," Bulma said as she enjoyed her cigarette. Still this lad seemed to be quite taken with the idea that she'd created such an item in so short a time period. Beyond that he claimed he wouldn't have been surprised if she'd managed it before. "I didn't really think about doing it before... but it was a fun side project. And it opens up my crafting quite a bit," she said seemingly pleased with her own decision.

Miki on the other hand was gaining confirmation from Diva that he was indeed interested in traveling with this group. When she shared his desires with Licht the other lad was alright with the idea as well. A smile came to Miki's face as she thought to explain this situation. "is féidir leat a bheith linn más mian leat," she shared with Diva they'd be fine with him joinin them, but she thought it necessary to explain the current plan to him so he wasn't bombarded by it in a little while. "Just to let you know, we'll be splitting up for a bit after we leave here. Licht and Hikari are going off because Kou wants to become a Witcher. And I am off to the Migrating Vale to finish my training with the Druids. I'm sure they'd be fine if you wanted to join them... you could also come with me if you wanted, I don't mind..." she said in the Druid language she'd been using, offering the lad a place within their group and explaining the choices he had to make.

"Ah, that's a relief. I was worried about how this form would look at first, but if it's still human enough to be almost the same, I guess there was no reason for concern at all." Having seen a few Celestial Avatars in the video game, he decided there was a small list of variants he believed was visually pleasing. Some were monstrous, but he'd been fortunate enough to craft the right breed, it seemed.

Diva waited with bated breath for Miki's answer. He knew he could continue to support Atlantis in various ways without being nearby, especially given the existence of another Old Atlantean. Upon having it explained to him that the group would soon be separating temporarily, the teal-haired male found himself glancing in Hikari's direction for just a moment. Hikari had a close bond with the white-haired male of the group, so he assumed their division would involve her tagging along with him. Besides that, the Migrating Vale of the Druids was a point of special interest for one such as Diva. A clear preference to the demi-human aside, he chose to address Miki with a nod toward her final clause. "Tha... páo mazí sou," he said, agreeing to accompany Miki over the others. "Onegai... shima-su."

And so it seemed, two pairs were fated to embark on this two-part journey. Just as Hikari would accompany Licht, Diva would accompany Miki.

Continue the Adventure with Miki and Diva Here.
    Continue the Adventure with Licht and Hikari Here.

Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1353616263