Page 47 of 63 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: Atlantis

Of all the things Kou expected upon knocking, having the door swing open to unveil a nude, winged child was far from anywhere on the list. If that didn't wake him up properly for a bit, nothing would! "Wh-" He couldn't bring even a single word to the edge of his tongue fully, as he stood in the doorway with an expression of both shock and confusion. Moments later though, things began to register properly in his head.

From what he understood, this was to be expected of a Filolial Queen. Now that he thought about the situation properly, the timing was about right for this evolution, and there was confirmation now that Fiona was, indeed, the class of Filolial they sought to raise. "Ah..." he yawned, breaking his statement once more. "Fiona. Konnichiwa~" he managed at last. Suddenly, he didn't seem very bothered at all by the Filolial's nudity in this form. Making his way inside, he seated himself at the edge of the bed, holding one of the two pink, crystal constructs out to Miki. "Konnichiwa... I finished the thing, we just have to..." Once more, a yawn. "Gomen. Mana from each of us, and contact, should make it work and bind itself."

There was a bit of a break in Kou's speech. He seemed just as stunned as Miki was initially and a bit more tired than normal. Miki would attribute such a thing to nothing more than the lad having stayed up a bit too late the night before. In the meantime, Fiona was greeted properly so she kept her hands on her hips and replied. "Hai, Konnichiwa!~" she said seeming to find a great deal of satisfaction in being acknowledged in such a way. Beyond all of this Miki was greeted as well, so she also responded finally achieving something closer to the normal look of her hair. By the time she was done, Kou was sitting at the foot of her bed and she'd gone to join him lightly finding herself seated the way she always managed to, not close enough to seem imposing but close enough to chat if it was desired. Even now, everything about this lass was an open invitation to him, without anything being said. She opened her hand and accepted the crystal ring hearing out his instructions and greeting. "Hai. Konnichiwa... Don't worry about it, mornings are pretty tough all around..." she mentioned understanding the thing she needed to do and getting her own bit of tiredness out. She funneled a bit of her own Mana into the item and held it out towards Kou. All the while, the face of their Filolial managed to puff once again as she seemed to be curious about what was going on, but there weren't enough words said. "EH? What thing? Is it for me? I want to see..." she said but strangely the pillow that was Miki's weapon flew towards the girl causing her to have to wrestle with it a bit and causing a bit of a distraction. "Ugh... I am gonna kill this thing!" she exclaimed though seemingly in a reasonable humor before hopping over it and floating to the ground before the pair.

Mornings were hard... indeed. Kou wouldn't have anything to say against this, despite having a very different reason for being in such a state. He was, interestingly enough, a 'morning person' due to how frequently he woke himself for the sake of his sister, shopping, etc. in their original world. Moving on though, Miki accepted her half of the exchange, leaving Kou free to interact with the other using his Mana. He aimed to bring the two parts together for a moment of contact an Mana exchange between them, but all the while, Fiona was throwing a veritable fit over her curiosity, and... for some reason, Miki's floating pillow. "Haihai... it's yours in just a second," he said, only slightly groggily as he awaited the Mana transfer between crystals. "Fiona should put these on... once they glow."

Miki continued pushing her own Mana into the ring and would do until it glowed since according to Kou that would be when they could be turned over to the still pouting Fiona. Strangely when Kou mentioned she'd be given the objects they were holding she simply looked triumphant. "YOSH!" she exclaimed, having apparently picked up a lot more language than one might have thought. "Hai hai..." Miki managed seeming to slowly be in the process of perking up. Regardless, the transfer of energy between the two items needed to take place. "I'm getting a present. And to do fun stuff...." she managed smugly. Something about this girl's actions and rather high opinion of herself made Miki laugh suddenly. Perhaps it was the stance with her hands on her hips, or maybe it was thinking exactly like the entire world revolved around her. 'Hakudoshi, she's like Hakudoshi!' the lass thought as she giggle uncontrollably. There was a visible shift in the face of Fiona as she stared at this change in demeanor. "Is she laughing at me?" she questioned aloud only to see the glow taking place between the crystals. "Hey! They're mine now! I don't know what it is... but gimme!" she exclaimed thinking about it for a second. "Please..." she still pouted but apparently she'd picked up on manners at some point.

Another yawn escaped Kou as the Mana exchange took place. Fiona seemed very, very excited about receiving a gift of any sort, as well as the notion of doing what she figured would be fun things. Kou didn't have much of a mind to consider this behavior very much, though he did catch on when the young Filolial demanded her items. It was interesting to note that she soon added some amount of politeness to the demand, which was... fine enough, to say the least. "Hai... They're yours, so you're owed them." With that said, Kou held out his half of the exchange with the intention of Fiona having it. "Then, we can move on to this... fun stuff. And... clothes. Yeah, definitely clothes."

As Kou held out his half to the winged lass, Miki did the same watching as she excitedly took them and bounded around the room with them. "Yay! They're mine... all mine!~" she chimed, seemingly happy with her own acquisition. "Wait, I don't know what these are...." she said staring at the items in her hands while trying to think of their purpose. Only after a few moments did she shrug it off casually figuring it would come up whenever she figured out how to use them. She happily bounced around as Kou mentioned that fun and clothing should be primarily on their list of things to do. "We should be getting a visitor pretty soon about the clothes... I talked to her about meeting up with us here, before I came back yesterday," Miki mentioned, with a relaxed nature.

Soon enough a woman was found standing in the doorway a squeal would ensue. "SQUEEE! SHE'S ADORABLE!" these were the words of the same magical seamstress who'd made their bathing suits in the time that they'd been working on hatching their egg the week prior. Large glasses glinted upon her face as her green hair swayed in the breeze. The dancing naked child came to a stop and managed to look confused. "Yep!" Fiona mentioned standing triumphantly, apparently she had no shame and understood please but not thank you. Magically, around this seamstress an entire bag began unpacking itself revealing an entire table set up complete with a strange spinning wheel and all the materials she'd need to sew this child a new outfit, minus actual thread. "I have so many ideas, I assume you have the necessary materials..." she said which made Miki look up and chuckle. "Always... maybe making the thread will bring her back down to normal levels of excited..." she mentioned casually floating a bag full of crystals which could be spun into thread over to the woman. "Oh yes, these will do nicely. You, Lovely Angel, come here; we have work to do!" she mentioned, which made Fiona smile brightly. "Work?! What do I do!?" she seemed excited by the prospect as the woman began talking her through the creation process, it would leave Miki able to have a quick and private conversation with Kou. 'I figured, after she gets dressed we could take her out for a bit. There is a pretty interesting festival for the day set up, we could get her some food and see if she has interest in anything. Just spend a bit of time with her,' she mentioned of her general plans for the lass, telepathically to avoid ruining any potential surprises.

Another answer took a backseat to another yawn. His reaction time was a bit slower following this one, but he was still managing well enough. Fiona took the items, but wasn't sure what they were. That made sense, he supposed. She had no reason to understand the concept of hair ornaments and the like, so it seemed it would fall upon Kou to explain their purpose. "You've got long hair, like I thought you would. That's what those are for. Slip your hair through those, and it won't be so loose and in the way all the time," he explained. Soon enough, the seamstress their group encountered to obtain their beach attire could be seen entering the room. Surely, if Fiona still had issues with her ornaments, this woman could be of use. As such, Kou could relax where he sat, not bothering too much with the process just yet.

During this moment of relaxation Kou took for himself, he was addressed directly by Miki, using their usual incognito method of conversing through minds. Not having to use physical words, he found it a bit easier to uphold the discussion right away. 'Yeah, seems like a good plan to me. I don't know anything about the festivities they've set up and all, but given how Fiona is all the time... especially now... I'm sure she'll have a good time with it regardless of what's going on.'

Kou's answer to the Filolial gave her pause. He spoke of hair and it being in the way she looked between the lad and Miki and seeing her own hair decorated by bows she couldn't help stare aimlessly for a few seconds. "Hm... okay..." she said though managing not to sound too certain one way or another. Soon after her mind was distracted by other things, and within moments, while her parents had their silent discussion, she'd be seen, making use of a magical spinning wheel, exerting her own Mana into the crystals for them to then be made into threads by the seamstress' gentle guiding hand. "Yes, hair will be part of the whole look. Don't worry, I'll take care of that myself as well..." she mentioned having a great idea for the lass, that she'd only really be able to put into practice once her outfit was complete.

Moving right along, though Kou had been yawning through most of his responses this morning, their quiet conversation would happen without so much as a hint of lag. He claimed that though he didn't know what kind of activities were popping up today, Fiona would likely have a good time and agreed with her general outlook about it. 'Hai hai, apparently it is set up like a carnival. Game stalls, food, general activities and introductions to Atlantean Specialities not seen in a while. I thought about it a while, and figured if we walked around a bit and let her pick the activities she'd have a decent bit of fun, I want her to have good memories of being young...' Miki said softly within their shared space. As a child, what she remembered most, and thought the best, were things she did with her parents, not that things that were expensive or outrageous. Instead, she remembered best the moments where a decent bit of time was spent with her, and those memories were the fondest ones she'd held before. With that said, she was also content to relax and let time pass along. It'd take about 30 minutes of time for the seamstress to get the necessary threads from Fiona's work, but after she did, the barricade went up and the designing began at maximum speed. Strangely, it was set up in front of Kou and Miki, as if she intended to present the lass after she was done, for dramatic effect. As such, a wide eyed Fiona watched as the seamstress worked maniacally, first on the dress then on her physical form, including making sure her hair ties found their way to her person. At the very end, she'd be standing with a triumphant look on her face as she prepared for the grand reveal. "Darlings, I have completed what has to be some of my absolute best work. A stellar canvas you present to me, and I will present a work of art to you in turn!" she exclaimed as a very overly dramatic introduction.

'Oh? I didn't expect them to go to those lengths, but it sounds like a good time. I'd be pretty interested in seeing a bunch of that stuff too. If they keep it up for tomorrow, I might even take Hikari around to some. It's... been a while-' he replied, trailing off at the end to let his mind wander. In wandering, though, Kou's mind also slipped. He just about lost consciousness altogether, but in that moment... the exchange he shared with Miki became something odd, something visual. He seemed to be standing within a room devoid of both items and color, Miki being the only other entity within. This was no physical shift, but instead a mental one existing only for the duration of their mental discussion.

Odd as it was, Kou was pulled out of this by the words of the seamstress. He snapped to reality and consciousness in a single moment, looking toward what would soon be the reveal of Fiona's new - and first - ensemble. "Eto... Alright, let's have a look."

'Hai, I'm sure it will last. Apparently, the festival is supposed to be good for bonding so they offer a lot of activities for everyone to participate,' was Miki's only thought about what Kou had to say. She was quite pleased to know he'd agreed with her plan of action, and beyond that she was more than a little relieved he'd likely be able to have a bit of fun with it too. She couldn't help but wonder what all had kept him and Hikari from doing such things in the other world. But she decided it best not to question it too much, lest she prod at raw memories. As she allowed her mind to wonder she too would seem to shift a bit mentally, though she was quite fine with being quiet in the moment, she wasn't sure how to take the shift in the room. But it didn't matter much as the call to attention also brought her back from her own mind space. "Hai hai... " Miki mentioned, she really wasn't a very patient person most of the time, that being said she was a bit excited to see the first look of their dressed young Filolial.

"Yes! Now that I have your attention, might I reintroduce you to, the little Angel, Fiona!" she said. At these words Fiona appeared from behind the barricade head held high. She did a complete model walk (obviously couched), hair swaying in the breeze. She walked all the way up to the end of the bed and turning before heading back towards the seamstress. As this occurred the seamstress came with full commentary. "She's wearing one of my penultimate designs, the flair of a little black dress with the innocence of a child," she mentioned as the girl walked. "Made to be functional with a large opening in the back for her growing wings...." she said as the girl turned. "Complete with enough leg room to avoid flashing the crowds should she need to kick anyone! And a halter top in case she needs to swing her arms freely!" the Seamstress had some very strange commentary but Miki couldn't help but giggle. "Your crafted hair accessories complete the look, I decided a nice set of pigtails would balance her look. Full ones... so she'd have her own individual style..." she mentioned giving a wink to Miki who rolled her eyes playfully. 'Of course, this one goes way overboard in such moments,' she thought absently. "Kawaii! Fiona, you're so cute... do you like it?" she asked of the lass. "Yep! I like it! It's great, I'm really hungry though..." she said happily as she sprang aiming to hug both of these two where they sat at the end of the bed seemingly, more than a bit amused by the whole of the situation. A bit of a passing comment would come from the seamstress. "Oh and because her dress is made from the crystal threads created with her own mana, she won't break the dress when she transforms nor if she happens to grow a bit. So you have a lot of time before you'll need to settle on getting her anything else. She'll even be able to channel her abilities through the dress if they happen to work like that..." she mentioned seemingly proud of her own work while looking at this young family.

Page 47 of 63 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast