Page 27 of 63 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Atlantis

What Seriri spoke of was precisely the reason Kou wanted to meet the Siren. Even without knowing the specifics, he knew only unsavory things were going on in the underground of Atlantis. Finally, the ringleader and her creation appeared before them. This was... a very disgusting creature he saw ahead. Everything about it was grotesque in every way... and the same could be said of the amalgamation of body parts that entered with it.

"Ugh," Kou uttered as his ears picked up on the squelching sound from ink-stained tentacles on the Siren's lower body. Even more disgusting than anything else was her apparent desire to possess his face for the Homunculus she crafted. Indeed, this was the sort of thing Kou could have imagined taking place in Atlantis to create individuals like Diva, and likely many others if there were even survivors. Tatsuki released her hold on the lad to free him for an assault, and not a moment too soon. Of all the things the Siren had done, all the things she planned on doing even, she intended to see Seriri killed just to end the revolution? No, he couldn't have that at all. "You think killing a monarch ends a people's revolution? It doesn't," he said as he stepped forward, readying his blade and wearing a visage painted with determination. "C'mon. I'll fight you."

The Siren appeared in a shining example of 'wrongness' making the grossest noises, appearing with the most grotesque creature at her side, while also having the worst intentions of any singular individual they'd met so far. Surely she didn't believe she was doing the collection of body parts with her any kindness by letting it exist the way it did. Obviously she should know how gross it was to be so obviously pining for the attentions of a man for just physical aspects of his beauty which beyond all things would have been marred by the process if it were even possible to attain them in the first place. But it didn't matter, according to Kou the death of the Queen wouldn't stop the people's revolution. "Tsk," no matter. She'd still get what she wanted. "Oh? So you intend to fight my greatest creation? And me? Silly human child..." were the words of the woman. The amalgamation of body parts which was her pet, stepped forward. Its body pulsing with blood magic not unlike the earlier shock seen in Sazanami. But instead of punishing it, it urged it forward. It swung its arms wildly but attacked swiftly aiming to drop both its arms down atop the much smaller lad with the weight of its hefty body behind it. All while the Siren gave it directions. "Break his arms and legs, avoid that beautiful face of his~" she said as her own hands seemed to move about her body attentively feeding her own arousal. While the drops of the beasts arms occurred to land atop the lad's shoulders instead of his head, per her directions.

"Kimi, you want to kill her too right? It's not just me this time..." asked Seriri of the Dragonoid who outwardly showed nothing but those jewel red eyes of hers seemed to shine with some untold emotion. "Yes." was all the Dragonoid said, but there was much weight behind it. All the while, the Siren chose to try and manipulate the lad she was fighting against. Her aim to get into his head. "Oh? Fighting alone won't do will it. Did your little Dragon abandon you at the first sign of trouble... I've read a Dragon letting go of its mate is a bad sign," mentioned the woman, there was power in her words, like she aimed to have them influence the lad in some way. "Or maybe you are just a pet and she doesn't care at all..." she finished up. Tatsuki's right hand opened and closed and within it appeared a long sword with a pattern on it like her scales, which she laid across her body as she floated in the air. Her patience though normally massive was running quite thin with this ill-informed sea creature. "Dragons don't take interest in their pets. Nor do they take mates who are... lesser," she said firmly. That was it, Tatsuki had let go of the lad, because she could trust him to take care of himself. And because her instincts said if he couldn't then he wasn't equal. There was also the fact that if a Dragon considered something a pet, then the idea of breeding with it was non-existent. Dragons were higher order creatures, they didn't confuse their desires.

"... No, not really," Kou said to the notion of him wanting to fight the Siren and her pet... thing. That wasn't his intention at all, despite him saying so himself initially. One could say he misspoke, but that didn't matter one bit. His fury toward the wrongdoers of Atlantis seemed to have develop a calmness about it by this point in the interaction. The Siren would soon find that to be a dangerous thing. As the Homunculus came his way, he flicked his sword outwards to keep it just out of his own way whilst he placed his weight on his left foot.

Two large arms were descending upon his shoulders. Thanks to his Class Skill, Instinct, he had no worries of this at all. He could see the beast as if it were moving in slow motion, even. His body shifted with his left foot as its pivot point, twisting to his immediate right to have the arms slip through the air at his fore and rear. A brief application of weight to his right foot thereafter saw to Kou hopping up and twisting back the way he'd been, all to land on those very same arms as his sword swept through the air in front of him. What would this accomplish? Well, he happened to be in a position to immediately decapitate the Homunculus while using his body as a stepping stone to approach the Siren. He clearly had no care for the Siren's words regarding Tatsuki. His main concern remained the heinous atrocities caused by this invader to the palace. "You repel me in every sense of the word, so I'm just going to kill you. There's not much else to it."

Kou's moves were decisive and artful. Each one of them served their purpose and nary an effort was wasted. This was something that seemed to resonate deeply with Tatsuki, and as she watched, she couldn't help but become less generally upset about the Siren and more generally smitten with Kou. Her eyes gained an attentiveness which made it impossible to decipher her intentions while taking in this sight. Did she want to fight him for challenge and thrill? Or would she rather ride and dominate him for showing such skill? The look that passed her face didn't seem to give away anything. "Interesting..."

In the meantime, the Homunculus hit nothing that it intended to. It had no time to react to the lad instead running up his arms after they hit the ground and before he could even lift them again properly. Before the time would come that he could grab at the lad at the bidding of his mistress, his head would be sent flying from his body backward, his non-existent face hadn't the tissue to show emotion but by the time his head fell to the floor and his body stopped dead, he was being used as a stepping stone and the angelic lad who'd so artfully dispatched him was now making a beeline straight for the Siren. "Oh no! My baby!" she said of the fallen creature. It was after all a life time of work completely destroyed in just seconds. She'd only just realized that the lad now claimed he would kill her, because she repelled him. Her charms hadn't worked. He hadn't lost faith in his Dragon, and if anything the Dragon seemed more interested by this show than less. She held a hand up above her face, her intention to cast a spell, of the blood shielding variety, to put to use all the of the magic she'd woven into the body of her Homunculus. Teeming red energy with ripples of blood would aim to take shape before her outstretched hand, shielding her from his encrouchment, and perhaps it would give her more of a chance to speak. At such close distance, her charms could only gain traction right? No one in Atlantis could challenge her this way, not even this boy with his beautiful face. Was her mind tricking her into believing she could win? No. "You can't kill me, I'm the Siren!" she proclaimed.

One down. All that stood before Kou now was the Siren herself. Not for long, he thought. She'd fall soon enough, though apparently not before she raised some pitiful defense against him, wailing about being incapable of dying to his hand due to her title alone. Alas... it was just that: A title. There was nothing in this woman's arsenal that could fell him, and everything in Kou's own arsenal that he could use to end her. That wasn't enough, though; not at all. Perhaps due only to her most recent claim, he had to use her for more than that as well.

"I can't kill you... because you're the Siren..." he repeated as he slowly approached her barrier. He was so angry... he actually wanted to laugh. This desire manifested in a warm and welcoming smile, though his eyes bore that same burning flame within crystalline hues. "Alright. Good." This simple mention preceded an explosion of Kou's Mana, which washed over the Siren's barrier whilst battering against it at the same time. The bulk of this Mana was centered around his blade, which he pressed the tip of against the blood barrier. Slowly, he pushed with enough magical energy coating his weapon to pierce his target.

... And just as slowly, he'd continue pushing it forward until it would reach his real target: The Siren herself. A mighty movement would follow, aiming to bifurcate the woman while cauterizing the wound with the heat of Kou's magic. One would almost be able to assume she'd been chopped in half by a laser if he managed this. With that, would come one more statement from Kou. "It'd be a shame if you died. I need you to sing a song for your servants... Siren."

The Siren was in awe. He'd slowed his pace. Her words had worked! The lad before gave her the most heart-warming smile and fully acknowledged that he couldn't kill her because she was the Siren. She was elated, and all was right in the world. She was so misguided. The smile aimed at her was full of something she didn't understand righteous rage, and what would come along with that was divine punishment. The boy's mana rolled into her barrier but it held. She could indeed win this, but the slow push forward never stopped. "I told you..." she paused as the swiftness returned and rather suddenly the barrier shattered. She might have thought that was it, but she felt strangely hot, and what was more her body felt like it was on fire. Most specifically from her lower torso down to her legs. "W--w--what!? What have you..." the finality of this moment settled and her eyes widened as her body started to fall apart. Her legs falling over to the left, as her upper torso also fell over to the right. She aimed to catch herself with her arms writhing in pain. "My legs, you've cut off my legs, you've ruined me!" she cried tears streaming down her face. But the lad's final words hit her ears like a crazed threat. "S-s---sing?" suddenly her words were no longer capable of coming out. She was alive but well and truly ruined.

In the meantime, Tatsuki watched this action with her eyes alight. She did not necessarily enjoy the suffering of the Siren but she called it fair based solely on the things her other self had witnessed during this time. She was complicit in the actions of those she empowered, and as such the suffering was deserved. Retribution at its finest. "No sympathy?" she asked of the Mer Queen at her side who looked on with nary a hint of anything like sympathy in her eyes. "Diva," was her one word reply and it was more than enough for Tatsuki to understand that the lass would rather save her sympathy for one who'd actually deserved it.

Ruined, yes, but alive still. At least there was that aspect to the Siren's existence at present. Now, Kou could make use of her properly. He took a step toward the Siren's upper half, glaring down at her in the wake of her query. During this time, Diva heard the call of Seriri. He understood her purpose, and Kou's intentions as well. He'd do something similar to what he'd done with the Slaver, and for that, Diva had to step forward with the cube outstretched again, ready to be interacted with by any who touched it.

Kou reached out with the intention of snatching the Siren's hair; an act which would be succeeded by him jerking her toward the cube. He knew the streets of Atlantis were in absolute chaos by now, but there was one thing which would quell the offense of those who were under the Siren's influence. "Yes. Use the Guardians to sing a song to your people. Tell them to retreat... No! Tell them... to run away."

Kou had taken a very interesting turn in his dealings. But all present seemed to understand exactly why such an action was necessary. All except, the Siren herself. That woman was still coping with her loss, but she wouldn't be given time to mourn her missing legs. No, she'd be snatched up by the hair and turned towards the Guardian's Cube. She'd been given an order, and though she hissed in pain what was necessary was clear. She had to give the order for her people to retreat, but that wasn't all. The wording was now specific and she managed to look both horrified and confused. Even as this little half a body writhing in agony. "R-ru---run away?" she questioned. It seemed to specific to have not been intentional, and overall she wanted her suffering to end, but this, just seemed like he wanted to embarrass her and all she'd worked for, just to do so.

All the while Tatsuki and Seriri looked forward and then at each other. They understood maybe, just maybe though the sudden shift in Kou's personality was a bit worse, she was used to the actions of a certain black haired young woman. Though not as full of wrath there was a similar bit of retribution worked in. As if the suffering of those who did wrong was necessary for everyone to grow.

As he held her before the cube, the Siren had the nerve to question Kou's demand. There would be no avoiding this. At this point, the words he spoke would be law for the Siren if he had his way. "Yes. Those words. Run away. I want you to be famous for those exact words. I want people to call you Madame Run Away. I want children laughing outside your door, because they've found the house of Madame Run Away. And, when people come to you, and ask if trying to get to me through the PEOPLE I CARE FOR...-" He paused, taking a deep breath. His anger was starting to get the best of him as the thoughts of the Siren's actions returned to him.

"-... is in any way a good idea, I want you to tell them your name. Oh, look... I'm angry. That's new. I'm really not sure what's going to happen now..."

The tirade that came from Kou made both Tatsuki and Seriri stare at him with wide eyes. They'd seen him in the last few moments go through a plethora of emotions, but in this moment there was anger so direct it was almost palpable. The Siren for her part in this heard out the speech and though she was in agony and though she was merely half the woman she'd been before, his speech had implications which gave her room to writhe. He claimed to not know what would happen for feeling such an emotion directly, but she had nothing but words left to work with, and she'd use them. "The anger of a good man is nothing to fear. Good men have too many rules." There was nothing but malice in this woman and she truly didn't care since her livelihood was being crushed as they spoke. There was a great and hefty pause but she'd say the words he asked. Obviously, though she'd been split in twain her life was her life still. "Run away!" she gave this order to all those connected to her. The violence would stop in a form of surrender as she called for slavers, torturers and those who trafficked within the underground to run from this good man's anger.

At the same time, Tatsuki watched as the wrath of a Dragon made itself known. She felt no sympathy and she had nothing negative to say. She was certain of this lad, more so than she'd been before. He was still her mate, even wingless with white hair. She'd calmly wait the sword disappearing from her hands in a splash of water. She'd not need to lift a finger this day, this woman would experience enough torment that her Dragon self didn't need to act.

Page 27 of 63 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast