Page 28 of 63 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Atlantis

The Siren's rebuttal was almost laughable. If she thought him to truly be a 'good man' as she claimed, Kou... no, even Yugi, would consider her horribly mistaken. He even drew closer to her ear as he gave his own retort. "Good men don't need rules. Now isn't the time to find out why someone like me has so many," he said clearly. The Siren gave her order, and those under her would see her mangled form all over Atlantis. Just the same, those fighting for justice in the streets of this kingdom would see the ultimate obstacle of their revolution, cowering and defeated.

And yet... Kou wasn't done. In his present state, and only then, could he wash his Mana over the Siren in a special way. She would die, but not truly. He would purify her in a way that would leave all of her consciousness intact, but just as his visage could passively quell those with malicious intent, this special application of his energy would instill a Divine Law unto the Siren that would remove her physical ability to act on such intent. Those thoughts, and even her history of them, would flow directly into the cube held by Diva, along with her severed tentacles that were converted to pure energy. A new Guardian would be made, under Diva's command for the future... as if the Siren had been killed properly like the Banker and Slaver before.

"You said I couldn't kill you. Killing you would have been a kindness you don't deserve. Atlantis's ultimate enemy from within will be its ultimate Guardian. So long as the Guardian lives... you will live, in this state," he said, his eyes containing a glow almost reminiscent of the Devouring's hold taking place... and yet, it was something pure and well beyond that.

Kou still had more to say. He claimed to the face of a Siren that he wasn't in fact a good man, and threatened in a way which would have caused her to shutter under his gaze, if she'd had the fortitude to do so. Instead, her order was given just the same as it'd was always going to be. And unbeknownst to her, her life was still forfeit but in a very different way than she imagined. If her order of retreat had been demoralizing, her 'death' would be a lesson to all who would try anything like what she'd done before.

Her body was washed over in the light of Kou's mana, and beyond that point was purified. Her life was ended but her consciousness remained, though she couldn't actually do anything she wanted to. She was tied to a Guardian, created from her own severed half. Ironically she'd be made whole once more, but without the ability to act of her own accord. The Siren became the Ultimate Guardian tied to the will of another, specifically tied to the will of one of the worst treated individuals in the Kingdom who'd come up quite a bit in the last few days. Whatever the case, all present got to see something very different in such a punishment. It was Divine Judgement passed here and now, with a punishment that would last an eternity. The lad's glowing eyes were something which would be seen by Tatsuki who took it in an understood. The Siren understood this punishment, but by the time she would have voiced the lack of fairness, there was nothing she could do but stare into the lad's glowing eyes and know her fate was well and truly sealed. Several moments of silence would pass before any of the women in this room found reason to speak. And it would strangely be Seriri who chose to move first, if only this one time.

She had nothing to say though she simply moved for the first time. She went out to the steps of the palace holding the stone Miki had created for her, she held within her hands the staff like trident which was her weapon and placed the stone over one of the slots, binding it to the power here. She spun the weapon in her hand, causing a surge of water through every barrier within the Kingdom and walls would glow green with the purifying nature of Miki's mana, and then begin to rain down on the people. The water would penetrate everything and touch everyone. To strange and varied affect. The most obvious of these would be the removal of every single slave crest on every single body within the Kingdom. Every man, woman and child, who'd ever counted as the property of another, would find themselves without the marks that made them such. A Kingdom of freedom was born this day and no words would be spoken by the Queen in these moments. The people would see it, feel it, know it... their battle had been won.

And thus, Atlantis reached the end of an era, and the beginning of another. An entire market had been overthrown and replaced in a day, and now an entire revolution of the people had been started and won in just as little time. Kou could leave the Siren where she lay, for whatever Seriri and the officials of Atlantis wished to do with her from here on.

... Speaking of the Atlantis officials, there was another matter to address with Seriri herself. He approached the woman while sheathing his sword, thinking there was only one way to stop the next 'Siren' from rising. This information had to be shared, and it had to be shared immediately. "There's one more thing Atlantis needs to thrive as a kingdom, if these are the types who are born here. I'm not sure what Diva here is to you, but it's obviously something important. You still need more. Atlantis needs to function as closely to a democracy as possible for situations like this to remain a thing of the past. You should stay as queen, but there should be parliament."

Kou sheathed his weapon and left the Siren where she was. The guards of Atlantis who'd returned moved her to a holding cell, until it would be decided exactly what would be done with what remained of her. All the while, Tatsuki just floated patiently waiting to see what else the lad had in his mind. And it seemed to be something very interesting. As the light of freedom and the purge rained down from the skies of Atlantis, Kou approached Seriri with his idea for the governing of Atlantis post their most terrible time. Her left brow raised as he claimed she should remain Queen and keep her connection to Diva whom she had developed affection for, but it was much like that of a sibling. She wanted to look after him and make sure he was alright. She felt genuine sympathy for his plight. "Hm, Diva is the one who made me move the first time. I think he's important as well... and I wouldn't mind keeping him as my right hand man," she said with a casual shrug. As for the idea of a functional democracy she nodded. "I could see that Parliament working out. There's a lot of little things to work out with that... You two will help too, right?" she asked. It seemed like a massive undertaking to try and set up such a government, strangely Tatsuki moved toward Kou settling back in place around him but this time, as her tail found its home around his core, her upper body settled against his shoulders. "The ground work has been laid," she said the sentence which was strangely short. "The people is all you need." Tatsuki's words were spoken strangely close to Kou's face over his right shoulder, as she nestled into his body.

Seriri decided that Diva would be her right hand in this rejuvenated kingdom of Atlantis. The teal-haired male seemed to be appreciative of this notion, but entirely incapable of expressing it beyond a simple nervous shift of his gaze. He did want to repay the queen for her kindness toward him, and all others, but his own worth was in question. If she wanted him to, he'd try, at least.

Kou, on the other hand, was being seemingly propositioned on two fronts. For one, Seriri was questioning his and Tatsuki's willingness to help with the Parliament setup. The other side of that coin, though, was the distraction of Tatsuki returning her tail to his person, while also settling her body against him and speaking so close to his ear. He hesitated in his response to Seriri as a result, feeling a tingle creep up his spine. "Eto... She's right. Only your people, the ones who are going to be here with you forever, can help you there. You can start with Diva."

The look on Diva's face made Seriri smile. He seemed a bit nervous about what she'd said, but she knew he'd be good to have around in general. Even if he wasn't fully capable of speaking, he'd already seen the worst side of Atlantis, she thought it important that he be part of bringing about the best of it. "You don't have to look so nervous, Diva. I promise I won't make myself too tough to look after~" she chimed. It seemed that Tatsuki as a Dragon made the claim that the ground work had been laid but that all she needed was the people. Strangely, this all was very similar to Miki sending her off to speak with people on her own terms earlier. Such a thing was her friends version of giving independence. Sending someone to find what they were looking for, with their own two hands. "Sou ka, that's a lot like you, huh? Even as a Dragon, Kimi is still Kimi," the lass managed seeming to understand a bit of what she should be doing. "Come on, Diva. I think I should go talk to a few people. I might have a good idea of where to start," she said about finding people to fill the seats of her Parliament based on what had taken place in the last couple of days. With that, for the first time in a while, the lass seemed to find the motivation to move on her own, for the sake of her people and that was good.

"Good luck." Was the short sentence giving by Tatsuki still spoken straight to the lass in front of her. All the while her tail lightly moved around Kou's body and she relaxed against him, leaving him the freedom to move if he wished. Even so, she'd noticed his slight hesitation when she'd settled again, and wondered if he would have something he wished to say.

Seriri would go about her own business, with Diva following along as sheepishly as he always did. This was good. As queen, she needed to do these things on her own; even Tatsuki believed this. Speaking of Tatsuki, the Dragonoid was back to what was becoming her expected behavior by the time Seriri and Diva left the throne room. Kou's gaze fell upon her shifting tail, as h is mind wandered nowhere reasonably sane. He moved ever so slightly away, thinking it best to quell those thoughts immediately. "Alright. Atlantis should be fine now, I think."

The Dragonoid was now alone with Kou, who seemed to be thinking very deeply about something. Soon though his mind wandered ever so slightly but just as soon as it had, he spoke aloud a sentence that was strange to the lass wrapped around him. Beyond this he shifted away from her, this simply wouldn't do at all. "It will be," she said in a short sentence. Still slightly to his rear her tail shifted around him as she reached to turn his face towards her own. "Don't hesitate." she said very directly while staring in the lad's face. If her first movement succeeded it would be immediately followed by her closing the space between them again. She wanted to be this close to him and had proved it. Something he would learn now is that Tatsuki had no intention of being put off in such a way, when it was obvious to her how he felt.

"I thi-" Whatever Kou would have said was lost to him immediately, and the fault alone was Tatsuki's. The tail that previously left him enough space to move about was now stopping him, and she even went so far as to force his face toward hers. Now incapable of doing anything but looking directly into the demanding face of the Dragonoid, his eyes widened and shook. Was this forceful nature simply within Kimiko's persona somewhere? Or did it, perhaps, happen to be something exclusive to Dragonkind? Being incapable of fully knowing his own actions as Akashi, he simply couldn't tell. At present, though... all he could do was deal with what was in front of him. "I haven't hesitated on anything..." he said, untruthful though it may have been.

Tatsuki watched and listened as Kou's stutter returned immediately. Strange that a boy could be so simultaneously sure of his actions in one situation but so completely unsure in another. Regardless he seemed to not know how to react to her forcing his view to her, his eyes widened and shook even. Whatever the case as she stared at him, he claimed that he hadn't hesitated and this would cause the Dragonoid to scoff. She spoke to him in the same direct way she'd been speaking up to this point. "Lie." she said calmly. "I smell it on your skin... you can't hide from me," this was the absolute truth. If Akashi could see every twitch and movement, Tatsuki could smell every change and shift in every person she concentrated on. There was only one who had her attention now, and he couldn't escape it. Her tail twitched lightly around him and she focused on his face, like her original self she was quite sure of herself as a person. But unlike her, she didn't have a reason to try and avoid the issues at hand. This lad wanted her, she obviously had no problem trying to confront him, so why the hesitation to try and get what he wanted?

Page 28 of 63 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast