Page 54 of 63 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: Atlantis

In offering her answer, Miki also thought it pertinent to address her bond with the Geno Killer, in a roundabout way. At the very least, she brought up the young male's placement in their party composition. True enough, the lack of such a presence was an issue. That wasn't so much the case here and now; Kaiba didn't see these traits as necessities for the current task. "Damage isn't an issue. I'm sure it would be nothing to overpower the Leviathan, but I don't plan on wasting materials that could be useful. That's why I'm bringing you; I can't afford to destroy the thing." Simplicity in itself, as far as Kaiba was concerned. The plan was in order, albeit with a missing piece or two, as addressed by Miki herself. More hands were more of a boon than a bane, Kaiba figured. Since they couldn't have the other member of this team he originally considered, there had to be another choice made. Of course, this only came after Miki chimed in about the functional teamwork betwixt Kaiba and Bulma.

Another scoff. That was all he thought this was worth, before moving on with matters of importance. "Tsukiko would be valuable. While this is the topic, I suppose that Atlantean boy has some ability that would be useful as well. If nothing else, I'm sure Tsukiko can easily convince him to come along, and we'll be able to get moving. Does that party suit your needs?"

The discussion taking place was going pretty well, much to Bulma's surprise. Given how these two had addressed each other before, it was quite relieving that they hadn't broken out into an argument. Perhaps it was the case that they only seemed to disagree on the surface and that they harbored some kind of strange relationship that was only hostile on the surface. 'Sou ka, I suppose with a common goal in mind... they don't actually hate each other...' Bulma thought to herself. Whatever the case, Kaiba continued explaining in a slight bit more detail what he actually intended for them to do. It seemed it was his intention to abuse Miki's ability to confiscate items from creatures to get as much out of the Leviathan they planned to slay as possible before its untimely demise. "Hm, strip it of as many materials as possible before the slay. Retain as much of the body as possible afterwards..." she said thinking about the way to make that happen as efficiently as possible. "Okay, I can do that..." she mused having come up with a pretty decent way to make that happen knowing that she wouldn't have to directly be responsible for all of the damage which would come to the creature.

Moving right along, it seemed Kaiba had nothing to say about his present partnership with Bulma and the blue haired lass had nothing to say either. Miki found this amusing for some reason, but since they were content to move on in the conversation she let it go, though that wouldn't stop her from keeping a close eye on this new working relationship. It seemed that to replace the deficit left by Kou, Kaiba thought this younger sister and her right hand would do. Miki thought this over and considered what she knew about them. She knew that Tsukiko was a primary healer but that she also had the potential to do a great deal of support and damage. She also knew that Diva had a more than reasonable quality of Mana and much like herself had access to something of a fodder-like army. Such things could be useful in the underwater aspect of this entire thing. "Tsu-chan, Diva, you and I..." she said leaving it open for a few seconds of consideration. The thought of taking on such a creature without Kou alongside was a bit annoying, not because she didn't think it could be done, but instead because she enjoyed the idea of sharing such an experience with her partner. Even so, if it had to be done, the group that Kaiba offered up, was one she could at least trust to get the job done with little to no fuss, assuming everyone played their roles properly. "Hai hai, I can work with that group. Is this a right just now thing, or do I have some time?" she asked seeming to not have anything particular in mind, but knowing that she'd like to check on at least the spot closest to her currently in the map still floating about the room.

"Hai. That's about all there is to it," the male confirmed. It was a simple enough task for himself, as well as for one such as Miki as far as he knew. If she would retain the desire to incorporate others, even though he saw it as less than necessary, that was fine as well. After all, it wasn't like the additional presences would hurt the cause at all. If Seriri was fine at the end of it all, he had no qualms whatsoever. It wouldn't be such a bad deal to see what the Atlantean boy, Diva, had in his arsenal either. "It's settled, then. The others should be ready to go soon after they agree," he claimed, believing this to be the case with just about anyone he had dealings with. That, of course, included Miki as well.

Her question was one with a simple answer. At least, that was the case verbally. "We'll meet at the barrier. Bring the others," he said, taking his leave posthaste. In actuality, this did offer a bit of time to prepare. Was it very much time? No, not really. It was, however, time nonetheless. Little did Kaiba know, this discussion had not gone unseen. Diva, one of the individuals in question for the group these three intended to have on this quest, observed the tail-end of the discussion through the Cube of Atlantis. He'd been watching since Kaiba barged into the room Miki and Kou resided in, and of course, he was already in the presence of Queen Seriri.

Kaiba was as clear and concise with his intentions as he always was. Miki herself, or rather Kimiko, found something rather comforting about the lack of change in the young Kaiba Corp CEO. Regardless of his constant intrusion in her day, she felt that being helpful in the moment could do no extra harm. It could also go towards a bit of good faith in keeping the peace as they embarked upon their likely separate adventures in this new world. Still an annoyed sigh would escape her as if on reflex as the map she'd been projecting around the room shut down and the puzzle ball within her hand, twisted strangely of his own accord back into a scrambled position. "Hai hai, if they will come. We'll meet you there... ja ne," she completed as Kaiba stormed off. Bulma had only one more passing thing to say. "You can have the extra materials delivered to my workshop at the eastern wing of the Palace. The bigger ones can be sat on the docks. I'll be in my workshop unless I am needed," and with that the blue haired lass disappeared her presence also unnecessary.

After her room cleared Miki stared at the still sleeping lad in her lap. His Mana still felt a bit strange to her, but she'd already been assured of his wellness. As such she began softly shifting herself around to switch her legs with a pillow instead. "I guess I am going out for a while. I'll be back though..." she said and after achieving freedom she'd done her cloak and boots and motion over her weapon as well. Once she was dressed she'd drop the golden orb into her pocket and double check that she had at least the pieces of the Lich King's Crown as well as the collection of Shark Teeth she'd gotten from Sazanami. Once she was sure she had everything she needed from this room, she'd quietly leave headed for the throne room where she was sure to find Queen Seriri at this hour and maybe Diva as well. Queen Seriri for her part in this would be found in her throne for the first time in quite a while. Even so, she seemed amused, watching Diva as he watched his cube. "I wonder what everyone is up to?" she questioned softly only to soon be alerted to the presence of one of the people she wondered about.

"Oi, Tsu-chan are you and/or," she paused seeing that Diva was here she was saved the trouble of asking Seriri about the lad's potential involvement. "Scratch that, starting over. Are either or both of you, interested in helping me and Kaiba slay a Leviathan?" she said skipping the softness of an introduction. "You and Nii-san?!" Seriri seemed surprised by the question, but she'd never turn down the opportunity to do an activity with her brother, thus her participation was more than assured. Miki could tell this by the light in the lass' eyes. As such her attention shifted to Diva as she waited for his reply.

There wasn't much left to the feedback Diva had available. The conscious male in the room was gone, and the same could be said of the woman accompanying him soon after. With only the blonde and her unconscious companion remaining, it seemed things were back to normal... aside from the former making her way toward the throne room of the palace. Hearing word from Seriri, it became clear that she hadn't been keeping track to the same extent as himself. That was fine, considering she'd soon be finding out for herself what the others were up to, as she put it.

His mouth opened. He thought to mention Miki being on her way to the matriarch of Atlantis, but putting the thoughts into words was an entirely different matter, as always. Soon enough, it didn't matter, with Miki making her appearance to let her intentions be known to the queen. Diva averted his gaze. The queen's reaction could not have been more obviously geared toward joining this journey if she tried to make it so, yet Miki thought to seek his confirmation as well. Did he really have to? He'd hoped it would be assumable that he'd join if Seriri required him to do so, but otherwise... there were tasks to be taken care of. Speaking of tasks, one such thing crept out from behind the throne. A younger, dark-skinned male covered in Atlantean runes glowing the same teal shade as his hair, stepped into clear sight. He wore only a collection of tattered rags to cover his lower half, and to function as a headdress. The lad took to Diva's side as if he belonged there, even though it seemed Diva had every intention of following Seriri wherever she went.

Miki found herself in the throne room, and it was rather obvious that Seriri fully intended to go along with what Miki and her brother wanted to do today. "Hai hai, I'll go for sure..." she also looked to Diva and the child who appeared from behind the throne seeming to stick to the man's side very strangely. "But Diva is kinda busy how necessary is he for Nii-san's plan?" she asked seeming to have some idea of how a conversation between Miki and her elder brother would go. Miki would answer this question but it was this child to be noted. There was a strange look on the blonde lass' face as she saw this boy in his rags. He looked the way Diva did, but much younger. He was covered in Atlantean Runes, as such Miki stared seeming to gain some strange understanding of the boy. "I... um... wait a second..." she seemed to be gathering her thoughts together in her head trying to figure out a good way to ask the question in her mind.

"That kid is covered in Runes... Old Atlantean Runes are..." Miki started to think while staring at the child seeming to have the same emotional response she'd had upon being in the Shark's Den, a single tear falling from her left eye though she had no idea why she'd feel this way. She wiped away the tear quickly and seemed to wonder a great many things. She needed to focus though and focus she would. There was just enough in common between Atlantean and Druidic that she could almost tell what the boy was meant to be. "Sorry, I got distracted. Anyways... according to Kaiba, more bodies wouldn't hurt. I have to strip as many materials from the Leviathan before its going to be slayed with most if not all of the rest of its body intact. Apparently he plans on working with Hisakawa to make something and it could be beneficial to the whole of the group and Kaiba's over all plan. Since Kou is still unconscious he can't be our fourth... who obviously needs decent combat abilities or helpful skills. Technically, Karna would be just as good an option but I am pretty sure he left a while ago. I'd appreciate it if you joined us based on your extra skills I think you'd be helpful..." she said to clarify for Seriri, while giving the last sentence to Diva himself if he wished to join them.

Of course, Miki's eyes soon shifted back to the boy at his side and before she realized it she'd begun her approach to the dark-skinned boy moving the hair on her forehead to reveal that glowing green rune intending to offer herself to another of similar culture. The words she spoke were Druidic but were close enough to be appreciated she figured. "I chose to walk as Gatekeeper, my path is an infinite cycle." she offered in speech. She wasn't sure if an Old Atlantean would understand fully, but chose to allow herself to be inspected just the same. And if one reached for the Rune on her forehead they would feel the infinite flow of life as the world intended, the 'Free Magic' of the world as it was now called. Because of her journey through Atlantis fixing up the Runestones here, she knew they had at least some understanding of this built into their culture.

Once again, Seriri seemed to have the interest of others in mind, despite her own willingness to join the plan. Diva, on the other hand, had a different idea. He could... feel the creatures surrounding Atlantis, and wasn't all too pleased by something regarding them. Those beasts were just as much his brothers and sisters, as any of the pedestrians walking around within the kingdom. Still, there were some among them who required saving from themselves. Doing so in this specific case could also save Atlantis from further turmoil... in the near future, at least. With Miki offering her final statement to Diva directly, he nodded hesitantly, albeit with a spark in those golden optics of his. He would join.

Miki took a clear interest in the boy who took Diva's side. A single moment of eye contact informed him that she knew and understood what he was. He even remembered her, various times in the recesses of his mind. This Rune she showed was curious, but similar in origins to the Glyphs covering his body. She spoke in a strange tongue, but in a way he somehow felt he recognized. He felt almost compelled to reach for it, and that was exactly what he decided to do after a few moments of thought. Slowly, his hand rose, until his finger tapped the Rune upon Miki's forehead. Its meaning made its way directly into his mind, and he managed to fathom the link between it and his Glyphs. When his mouth opened, and out came a voice which was as young as his face, yet simultaneously as old and decrepit as the grave. "Sti glóssa sou, eímai... Dysárestos thánatos," he spoke in a foreign tongue, as the translation and meaning of his Glyphs flowed through him into Miki's own Rune. 'In your tongue, I am... Unpleasant Death' was the direct translation of his Old Atlantean words.

Miki's eyes searched Diva's in the moments before her conversation with the young man at his side. And in those moments she caught it, a nod of agreement and a spark. Perhaps he still wasn't quite ready to face the world yet, but he was making progress in learning his own desires and asserting them at least a bit, and this was something the blonde could commend, especially given what she knew of his past. "Arigatou na." she offered him in the same way she addressed her standard form of person. She could treat him as a person whose will could be acknowledged at the very least.

Soon after, her exchange with the younger lad was taking place, and she was almost confused by him. But he seemed to understand her, at least a bit, a hand tentatively approaching the mark on her forehead before he shared with her, his meaning and he in turn came to understand hers. His words didn't initially make sense to her, but in interacting directly with him she found the gist of his meaning. And it was sad. Or maybe not that, dark instead. Having this knowledge the girl's eyes widened and she stood straighter to give acknowledgment to him as well. "That path is dark, but some deserve to face it. I'm called Miki... yoroshiku," she offered the lad an extension of her hand in a traditional way of greeting a person you may have more than one moment of interaction with. Her normal words escaped her. It couldn't be said she was happy to meet him, his existence was something sad entirely, but the idea of working with him and seeing what was made of his existence that was something she could accept. She couldn't treat this lad poorly knowing what he was, but she also accepted that he might not ever be what others would consider normal. Either way, knowing him gave her a strange sensation... not quite contentment, but like something wrong had been righted, or rather would be. All the while this interaction was a strange one to watch in Seriri's case, she'd not seen her friend meet new people before this point and wasn't exactly sure how the lass would take the child that had been rather suddenly spawned here. "Ano, I've never seen you act so nicely to a stranger before Kimi... are you feeling alright?" asked Seriri in her meddling ways. This caused the blonde lass to scoff and turn up her nose. "Kaiba said he'd be waiting for us at the barrier. You know how he is. We might as well get to it. I've a busy day ahead of me..." she said content not to discuss her supposed shift in action and mood. This only caused Seriri to laugh as she reached for her staff where it was inlaid behind the throne she sat upon. "Hai hai, come on Diva. Apparently we've work to do, and both Kimi and Nii-san are really impatient when they have things on their minds."

Diva had nothing to say in response to Miki's gratitude. He could have given some sort of reaction, but there was nothing in mind at the time. Eventually, he may have become capable of something notable. Today would not be the day, but he was at least willing to get involved. He was ready to get moving at any given moment, but first came the full interaction between Miki and... this mysterious other lad in the throne room.

A name was given. This warranted a name returned, right? Certainly. However, there was also a strange gesture offered by the blonde lass, in the form of an extended hand. The Glyph-covered boy stared at her outstretched hand, seeming entirely unbothered by its presence before him. He didn't shy away in a manner one could expect of Diva, nor did he reach out for it. "... Vasyl. To ónomá mou eínai... Vasyl," was all he had to say. With that, he turned his attention away from the female, understanding that the others would soon be departing.

Meanwhile, one Kaiba Seto impatiently stood at the barrier, awaiting the arrival of his group for this quest. His arms were crossed, and his foot had even begun tapping. He didn't expect this when he offered a bit of extra time.

The interaction between Miki and the young boy would end strangely. It seemed the handshake offered wasn't quite falling in line with what the lad had in mind. He didn't shy away from her, but he also didn't take the handshake she'd offered. "Hm, maybe that one was a bit weird... we'll work on it. See you around, Vasyl," she said to the lad. Knowing that Seriri was ready and that Diva was also apparently ready Miki held her arms out in front of her, calling her floating pillow weapon into her person and began floating off in the right direction. 'Hm, Kaiba is gonna be annoyed...' she thought to herself while clutching her comfort device of choice. 'Serves him right.' Her thought finished with much amusement and Seriri now at her side managed to look at the girl and break her facade with a rather simple observation. "Doesn't really make up for being carried around by a hot bodied dragon, huh?" she asked with only the intention to tease. "Urusai!" Miki snapped at the lass but this only caused her to laugh. "Hai hai... " she said seeming to find that funny as well. They'd soon reach Kaiba who was tapping his foot impatiently. It was to be assumed that Diva was in tow as well, bringing together their little ragtag party with little to no effort.

"Nii-san!~ We've arrived!~" these were the words of Seriri who seemed to be the happiest to see this lad. Miki had nothing immediately to say, after all she had a very specific task to take care of, and it would take a bit more work on her part than she'd managed since they'd come to this world. "Did you have specific jobs in mind for the two of us? I figure you and Kimi already discussed what you wanted from her..." she said, knowing it was best to not let anything get between her brother and his goals. She was more than happy to be helpful to him and her friend and her kingdom. Obviously. While that conversation took place, Miki would continue to remain in her normal state of comfort across the body of her pillow.

Page 54 of 63 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast