Page 7 of 63 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: Atlantis

Interestingly enough, Miki chose to grin. What a response that happened to be. Akashi returned the gesture, knowing the next words from the girl's mouth would be ones certainly worth hearing. And... indeed they were. Her rebuttal was a bit of banter worth chuckling at, yet also worth taking in a very serious light. "Hoh? And what better time for negotiation than now? You sound like you'd rather be... above me. Maybe the real Tatsuki could manage," he commented. Regardless, Miki had made her decision. Making his own move thereafter, he would go forth and reclaim the throne regardless of Hikari's position on its arm. The space Miki claimed she would take upon herself was very much left open, and Akashi anticipated its filling. Now that they were before the group again, he thought it best to comment openly about the state of affairs. "Atlantis is on the verge of destroying itself. I'm almost in a position to ignore everything happening."

It seemed Akashi found Miki amusing in her current state, though he managed to reply to her seriously enough for her to consider her reply. "Well obviously it is more worth negotiating in the case that something could actually come of effort. You know, like me not being in a body you could destroy with your thoughts..." she said also still flippantly. It seemed the level of comfort gained by Miki was enough to return her to her mostly normal self, with a hint of the playfulness she generally showed when they were alone. Still it seemed her previous answer was more than enough and the lad went to reclaim the throne he'd taken originally. He'd find Hikari sitting on the arm of the throne and she was fine with remaining there for the duration of their next conversation. Miki finished moving herself into the room, as Akashi spoke about the state of Atlantis. She ascended the steps atop her weapon, during this Seriri would be looking at the pair as if stunned by their actions but still speaking about her Kingdom overall. "Atlantis, is pretty much as I found it, plus a few cultural things I thought they might enjoy. I haven't seen much change in it, and I've only been here a few years to start with..." she said calmly watching Miki's next actions. The lass atop her pillow hovered dangerously close to the throne and then of her own volition slipped off the pillow and into the unfilled lap of the Dragonoid Akashi. She'd then simply cross her legs at the ankle while managing to look completely unperturbed about her placement, all the while, Hikari and Seriri had their eyes widen by a large amount. 'She chose to sit there?!' both of them thought in blaring unison. 'What the hell did my idiot brother actually manage to do on a short walk?' Hikari wondered. Perhaps she hadn't given Karna enough credit, and at least one of them being a Dragon was quite enough to make their relationship blossom. "Yare yare, Tsu-chan you didn't do any work on this place in years? I know you're a shut-in but you really can't trust large groups of people with different interests to manage themselves..." Miki said with her left hand propped up under her chin managing to look unfazed by the eyes on her in this moment.

Indeed, Miki claimed her place in his lap shortly after he sat upon the throne. Akashi's tail wrapped around the pair of them, settling atop Miki. He had an air of supremacy about him as he sat, and he would have this blonde absorbed into it as well. From this position, though, he chose to primarily address the girl in his lap instead of the queen below. "You believe in your own strength, don't you? If you became Tatsuki, I couldn't destroy you so easily. Then..." Whatever he planned on saying trailed off. Seriri addressed how long Atlantis had been in such a state, and Miki chose to chastise her for doing nothing about the situation up to this point. "If you haven't seen change, then you haven't made change. You haven't seen the problems, then? Your own people are going to tear down the kingdom. What are you going to do about it?"

After taking her seat within Akashi's lap, Miki found herself wrapped up in the lad's tail. She had a random memory of doing something very similar in her claiming of Kou, while looking after him while she still maintained her Dragonoid form after his left him. 'Ano... this feels strange,' the girl thought to herself, all the while the lad's younger sister looked more pleased than normal, with devious light in her eyes now that the shock had worn off. It was as if her brother intended to show off his connection to the lass in his lap, and she was fine with this, given the problems he'd showed before. 'That's the way. Get it, Nii-san!~' the raccoon girl couldn't have been more excited about the steps towards getting a proper sister out of this exchange. Still there was a conversation happening here, and though his thought trailed off, Miki chose to address it in the silence while, Seriri considered her options for what was going on in her kingdom. "Believing in myself is one thing. But given what I plan to be doing, my own personality is currently necessary. Besides, the possibilities list says I'll end up having to take that form eventually, simply because of our likeness. I have work to do before then," said Miki. She had no proof, but she was pretty sure whatever had caused the to need to take his current form might manifest itself within her as well as they had far too much in common for her not to develop the same symptoms at some point.

Beyond all this, Seriri managed to be chastised by both of the people sitting on the throne, and the air of supremacy was something she expected from Miki as an extension of Kimi who was the one who lead her to making better decisions in life. She didn't know that such a thing would come from the Dragonoid boy as well. "I'll do my best for them. It isn't much use having a kingdom if the entire thing is falling apart and I didn't notice because its the way it's always been," Seriri managed to say. She was very certain of her own shortcomings in this and though her own life didn't prepare her much for dealing with the eventual fall from her empire. "That means I need to find out what the problems are, and try to fix them. You all have already noticed quite a few things, but since I've been living here, I never saw it as anything wrong. The people here need firmer leadership and to be made into a more cohesive group working towards one goal. I suppose there are probably more things... but that is enough to start with, right?" asked Seriri, as she turned her eyes towards the throne, willing to take on this aspect of the work with a bit of guidance. In this moment it was obvious she wasn't incompetent, she was simply naive and lacked experience. It was a start difference between the willful ignorance found in Eonis, and with this Kimi could be sure her friend was still the good-natured girl she'd always been. 'Sou ka.... that's what I was waiting for, atta girl Tsu-chan. It's time to get moving...' Miki thought happily noticing the girl's resolve in the pinkish eyes she currently had.

"You don't plan on letting her out, then? I guess you deserve some sort of credit for being able to do that," Akashi said. He found himself wondering why he should even bother remaining in the outside world, if he would be kept from his greatest desire whilst here. He'd much rather put himself to sleep until Tatsuki revealed herself properly. After all, whenever she did so, he was certain he'd need the energy to meet her as he wished.

Karna was quite privy to the thoughts of all in the room, and he specifically honed in on Akashi's at the time. Seeing where events could potentially go if things were left unchecked, he spoke a single phrase. "MisakiNeesan." That was all. This utterance seemed to grab Akashi's attention right away. He knew the name. He'd always known the name. It was something of great importance to him, as it were, which resulted in the Dragonoid staring in Karna's direction even as he replied to Seriri. "... Just about. They would all function under one circumstance, and it requires one thing. Bend the knee," he stated. Kou would have handled the situation in a very different manner, but there would be none of that here. As Akashi, he understood that might made right, so to speak.

It seemed that Akashi understood that Miki had no intention of simply letting the transition between her and Tatsuki take place until she was done with what she intended to do. "Yeah, something like that..." Miki mentioned. Mostly she didn't intend to raise her own Dragon while she had something her own personality had something it needed to do. Soon after that moment the lass heard a singular phrase, or more accurately a username which caused her eyes to widen on reflex. It belonged to her in a way that was obvious, but she was pretty careful about using it, no one should know it. Karna saying it aloud in this moment brought Akashi's eyes to the lad, and Miki's eyes turned away, such was an immediate reaction which she couldn't hide.

In the meantime the words spoken by Akashi made Seriri look at the lad strangely. He claimed that there was one more thing she needed to do and it was bend the knee. This could only be taken in a way which implied she needed to be subservient to the lad upon the throne. Thinking about it logically, deferring to someone more clever than you and stronger than you in moments were you were weak wasn't anything worth being upset about. She didn't necessarily have the type of personality which would make her argue about bowing down to a Dragon. As an aside she preferred a life without strife anyways, and she'd only recently said she'd do whatever she could for her people. A single moment of such embarrassment and admitting weakness wasn't really a problem. "Hai, if that makes it work," the Queen said, she took knee before the lad. "I'll do what you wish, to help my Kingdom and save my people..." Seriri mentioned. Miki watched as Seriri bent the knee to the wishes of Akashi. Such a thing wasn't something Miki could say she would have done, actually she'd been playing chicken with the man all day because she'd rather that than admitting anything negative.

There was a special point of interest in this large discussion, and it was not the subservience of Seriri. No, it was that username. Only one answer could be reached. Miki's expression shifted in a way that implied relation. Did she know who this person was? Again, no. Akashi remembered his time as Kou and as the human Yugi. The one called Miki was far beyond simply being an associate of MisakiNeesan. More importantly...

"Mi... sa... ki," Akashi muttered. As Kou, there was one puzzle he'd yet to solve during their time in Dwargon, and here it was. This was far more important than the structure of Atlantis. "Sou ka." It was just that simple. All this time, and he hadn't pieced together the fragmented username until now. He should have known, considering how her current username worked in conjunction with her given name. He supposed, then... he'd have to be sticking around while this one was here as well. He was best off properly aiding in the effort she'd initiated as well. "If you want to do something, you have to find what's really holding this place together. I don't mean the Artifact you have. I mean the person capable of using the real piece of importance. You need the Guardians of Atlantis."

It seemed there was quite the shuffle being had about Miki's supposed other username. Beyond that, she was now very thoroughly caught, knowing that the lad whose lap she occupied had the mental capabilities of the puzzle solver who made him. 'Shit. There goes my fun. Well, whatever I suppose that was gone a while ago anyways, since I've been here....' thought Miki but as she had these thoughts her posture didn't really change at all but her eyes shifted back to where they'd been before. She supposed it had been something that had crossed her mind a few times since she came to this world after finding out the lad she was traveling with was Geno Killer the person whose high scores she's been messing with across several leader boards. She hadn't thought much about the backlash knowing she hadn't been using the same username but it was now something apparently on the table.

Seriri was told what she needed to help her people. And the thing mentioned as a bit beyond what she was capable of finding. "THE GUARDIANS OF ATLANTIS! No one even knows where they are, I couldn't find them when I came here... what's supposed to make that different now?" she asked truly confused about finding it. Still paying the most attention to the moment, Miki very easily came up with a solution to the problems faced by the lack of information. "Right, research was never your strong suit huh, Tsu-chan..." she said laxly. "You should look for someone who can read old Atlantean. Probably someone who can make Atlantean Runes... check your libraries and other such places. Also find me a couple of tavern keeps and a history buff. You should talk to them too, but send them to me as well. As you talk you should find the information you need... and remember this lesson yeah?" she asked of the lass, who seemed to look up at her for the first time in a while. A bright smile came to Seriri's face, because in this moment she saw the girl she'd known in her former life, happily helping out while not really mincing words at all. And Kimi was the person she'd missed most since coming here. "Hm, that does make sense. I have to look for someone from here and who understands the old history to try and find the Guardians to help use them. And I am sending you a historian to talk to and tavern keeps so you can get an idea of the basics of the economy before you try and force the bankers hand... right?" she asked of Miki seeming to have no problem laying out the plans of the pair before her, after being given their smaller pieces. "I knew you had it in you. Well go ahead, get to work..."

Akashi had officially moved on to the topic of Atlantis and its problems, though his mind kept looping back to Miki's other identity. Still, his focus was present. Seriri seemed in disbelief over the rise of the Guardians. Akashi sighed. He opened his mouth, but it was Miki who spoke first. The girl gave some solid advice to the queen, which was taken in stride. Akashi had the answers, but perhaps this was done on purpose. Very well. He would remain silent and let the queen be on her way, aside from one other demand he had. "While you're at it, bring me the outcast. The one hated by Man and Mer. Have him sent here."

Of course, Akashi had no idea who he was talking about himself. There had to be one, though. The way the people of Atlantis behaved implied a strong undertone of distaste from every individual, all aimed at the opposing species. However, there was an undertone within that undertone. There was something else the people hated even more. Rather... there was something they likely feared. This was the most important piece to his puzzle, and he had to have it nearby.

Seriri rose to go do what she'd been asked, trying to figure out what lesson she was supposed to take from doing this sort of leg work herself. Before she could properly turn around though, there was one more request. One made by Akashi for her to bring him, the person who was hated by both Man and Mer, the outcast of the Atlantean Society. Seriri had heard stories of this person, a boy who seemed to incur the wrath of both types of people that lived in this place though she'd never figured out why. Her personal body guard had told her what to look for and avoid so she had on principle but perhaps this was the wrong way to go about it. What was more, she'd have difficulty finding this person in a straight forward manner, perhaps doing what Miki wanted her to do first would help her in her search. "Hai, I'll do what I can... ja ne," she said with a quick bow before aiming to leave the palace herself in search of a random group of individuals. Her search would lead to one of the taverns, in order to avoid unnecessary strife, she'd head to one of the ones closer to the more human settlements. She had questions to ask and needed to find someone willing to answer them without asking too many questions themselves. She considered herself to be, okay at dealing with people on an individual level, and knew the kind of person Miki would need to speak with given her own personality.

In the meantime, Miki managed to sigh outwardly. Though she was a little bit worried about the lass she'd just sent out, she figured she'd made it this long in the world, a little bit of proper exploration wouldn't properly kill her. Hikari had been silent for quite a while, but now she was left with a bit of a burning question which needed answering and she hadn't been able to put it together on her own. "I am okay with the details. I know why research is being done, and even why you sent her out to do it herself instead of being the ones to take the lead, but why do you need the outcast? I'm confused..." she questioned earnestly like someone trying to learn who to deal with such things. In this moment, Miki realized the reason she liked the smaller lass, was because she was reminded a bit of the friend she'd just sent out into the world. 'Sou ka, that explains it. They share personality traits just a bit... that makes sense,' she mused still relaxed in place atop the lap of Akashi and content to hear out his explanation though she had an inkling of an idea herself.

Page 7 of 63 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast