Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Black Forest

The first words out of this lad's mouth in reply to her question were strange indeed. He'd come here for her? To what end? She was initially very skeptical of his motivations. To her surprise, though she wouldn't have to prod him for more information, he came with more to say in a way which caused surprise to float across her face in a manner most obvious. He valued her abilities? He had others with him, and still required, no, demanded her presence within the Kingdom? What a strange feeling she was currently experiencing. A flutter within the center of her chest, her face heating up in a manner she didn't understand. How could she even begin to respond to such a thing? Well, the answer was both simple and complicated. "You... value me?" she questioned softly, her entire face losing most of its harshness.

The Princess Aerona, was a Tsundere of the most severe caliber. Her issues surrounding her and her father, had to do with the fact that he didn't respect her abilities. She counted among the Royal Knights, but was not classed with Knightly abilities. It had been claimed that her lack of real weapon skill made her a liability and as such her father had been working to marry her off, to ensure the strength of the Kingdom. He didn't want her around, and had even gone so far as to displace her as the heir-apparent, with a girl who fit his need for a 'warrior' type of child. She felt inadequate by comparison, so being confronted with such compliments and such an earnest desire to have her along would bring about a very specific answer. One shrouded in the bravado she used to cover her softer side. "HAHAHA! I suppose if the Kingdom can't be supported by its other strengths... then I have no choice but bail a bunch of failures like you out!" Aerona stated.

"Of course. Why wouldn't I?" he asked, mostly rhetorically in response to Aerona's curiosity. And... there it was. There was the tsundere personality of Eonis' princess that repelled so many players of AoE. He couldn't afford to avoid her now, though; she was a necessity. Still, how long could he be expected to deal with this attitude? At this point, it was shaping up to be more trouble than it was worth to recruit the princess. Kou supposed he had no choice but to continue the quest as he knew how. "You know... There is a situation, still. The kingdom is overrun by Demonic Beasts, to be specific. King Eon himself is the cause behind all of this. He's been taken by Demons, so he may have to die. Do you have it in you to take part in that?"

Though this boy's sentence was spoken in rhetoric, there was simply no way that one such as Aerona could simply let his statement go unanswered. "Indeed, why wouldn't you? Have you seen me?" she stated, with such false confidence, it was hard to believe she was actually a decent person. Too bad there wasn't much time to deflect on matters like her obscure and overtly sour personality. No, this lad brought grave seriousness to the situation. His explanation became about the state of King Eon and what had befallen the Kingdom due to his lack of resistance to the Demons. A sigh escaped the lass, this man was her father after all. She should want him to live, but if he was causing more problems to her Kingdom, she couldn't continue to allow him to do what he wished. "No one, has ever really asked what I thought about these situations before..." she commented softly. Perhaps this part of her was the real part, actually it had to be. But she fell back into that arrogant overly confident speech far too easily for it to be noticed. "I couldn't call myself a potential ruler if I let something as stupid as my own feelings get in the way of doing what is right. I'm not that child he adopted... I know better," she said dismissively, her arms crossing over her chest, but still, she felt those same warm tingles within herself. Something about talking to this lad, felt strangely right, those blue eyes of hers shifted over his form and she turned her nose up in the air, trying to maintain some sense of her own dignity. "Whatever the case, all of this sounds urgent. I can figure out how I feel about it later..." she exclaimed. "Knights, we head for Eonis!" she ordered, a horde of Royal Knights gathered into marching position and began moving and she was brought a large black mare, which seemed magically inclined.

And again. There really was a massive difference between having this interaction in a video game, and sitting through it in life. At the very least, Kou was beginning to adjust to the princess' antics. He knew well of the steel shell she wore, and he knew how to bypass it to make the quest work in his favor. There was one other thing he knew, though. If the princess were to showcase her true ability in combat, he had to provide further motivation. He wondered if this would be even more difficult than the video game, considering said motivation came from a chance for Aerona to become Queen of Eonis, and there was now another heir. Had Madoka ruined something else with her uprising?

"It's still not that simple," he interjected as Aerona's mare approached. Perhaps he could use Madoka's existence to his advantage while getting this princess to function as he wanted. "I've seen what Madoka has done to the kingdom so far. If King Eon dies, she is next in line for the throne, right? I think there may be a better way to approach the situation, one that won't ruin the kingdom again over time. Why don't you become Queen of Eonis? Madoka has the crown, but if you have the ability to produce a new heir..." As he spoke, Kou drew closer yet to Aerona. His gaze found hers, and of course, he knew this to be a grave misuse of his Celestial origins and exceptionally-high grade of the Charisma skill... but he certainly didn't want to waste too much time on this matter. As such, he let that soft, soothing voice of his carry the weight of his words, while being accentuated by the angelic features found in his visage. "Not to be rude, but I don't imagine you've given it much consideration before? I mean, if you had... I'm sure you would have a thousand princes and knights swarming around you at all times, begging to take your hand. Who could even resist?"

Not that simple? What did this man know of the workings of Eonis? She waited to see, and what he came with was more information. As he spoke, he spoke of her potentially becoming Queen, her eyes widened. None since her mother had ever mentioned this as a possibility. Well there was one other, who claimed to be her supporter, but he'd disappeared a long time ago. "Well she is a whiny brat. More likely to act like a spoiled brat than a Queen. I figured it wasn't much my problem any more..." the white haired young woman said. Of course, she'd decided to leave the Kingdom in this instance, after realizing that Madoka wasn't actually trying to right the Kingdom. That she was only doing anything she did, looking for praise and the affections of the people around her. As one born to lead, Aerona knew that doing such a thing would only lead to failure. She knew that leaders true ones, had to set themselves apart from normal wants and desires for the sake of their people. The longer she looked this lad in the face, the more his idea seemed like a good one. Perhaps what he said was true, if she showed up well enough to be of use when someone like Madoka couldn't be, the people would back her once more. She could also undo her Father's old policies and bring the nation back to what it had been known for.

"I guess it wouldn't be too hard to find someone to settle down with. I mean, I wouldn't have any more of a problem then one like Madoka..." she said seeming to be entranced by the idea rather suddenly. "I mean," she stammered turning her head to the side with a flash of embarrassing red painted very obviously across her pale skin. "Of course, I could produce an heir. It isn't as if I am barren or anything. I could easily show up Madoka if I felt like it..." this shell of hers was rather thick, but it seemed to be breaking down. She hadn't really thought about settling down before, perhaps she should, find someone who believed in her and make that work. Her eyes darted gently back in the lad's direction and if it were even possible she became more embarrassed, wishing to sink into her mare and disappear from sight. "Uhmpfh, there is a battle ahead though... that is more worth thinking about..." there was a pause from her. "For now."

Aerona hit the proverbial nail on the head with her words about Madoka. Someone living out a fantasy as brazenly as that girl, could be nothing near suited to acting as a lone monarch. What's more, who would be wed to her? Surely no player he knew, and one of this world would be asking for trouble in her case. "She's definitely not the best option, no matter which way you view it," was all he had to say on the matter. Any other commentary he had, was far too... unfriendly, as it were.

This princess seemed to be taking the bait quite nicely. Good. Following the romance plot to near completion was how one obtained bonuses, and greater output from the princess - and prince - of Eonis in the grand battle. He wasn't going to be overly specific in his approach, though. As he had no intentions of marrying the princess, he felt it necessary to leave himself out of the equation in all mentions. Of course, he still had to get her riled up... so he would. "I'm sure you'll be the one showing everybody how it's really done. After all, you're the one who grew up to be the Queen of a Matriarchy, right? Gambatte~" he said as his mount appeared beneath him again, ready to take off at any given moment. "I can't wait to see what you'll bring to the battle, Aerona-oujo."

This pep talk was doing wonders for the Princess' disposition. She didn't really understand why other people were so bad at talking to her, considering this lad in particular seemed to get it. Strange though it was, she felt quite at ease talking to him, even finding his agreement about 'Madoka' to be a funny extra. "That is a sound observation..." the lass said, which was as close to a compliment as she managed to get, when the conversation wasn't exclusively about her.

Still there was progress to be made, and the lad's speech continued. He claimed that she should be ready to show every one how it was done, as she was raised to take this role. "Of course, I am ready. I was born for this to rule, to wed, to see my kingdom to glory!" she seemed to have perked up quite a bit, and her speech wasn't even quite at its highest level of off-putting at present. Still the nail in the proverbial coffin would be the lad, referring to her by her given name. Her eyes widened in surprise. Her face, gained a red hue that seemed to burn all the way to her ears. "I─ ah─" she stammered actually moving her hands to cover her face this time, balancing atop her horse while seeming overcome with emotion. "Well, I am not gonna do it just to show you or anything," she said as she kicked her horse into maneuvering and began riding off. She was embarrassed and smitten? Whether the lad intended to gain her romantic favor or not, he was more than well on his way to doing just that...

Continue the Adventure Here.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123