"They want to be like this. Family should be like family." Plain, simple, and evermore disturbing were the words of this monstrous child. He didn't force anyone to join his family. Every member of this big, happy group, wanted to be with him... even if they didn't realize how much being in a loving family meant until they were part of one. It was fine; he'd teach this pair as well. "You'll see soon... both of you."

Soon enough, Ibaraki committed to an approach. Did she not care about the danger? She must have really been excited to join him, to meet him with a tight embrace. Ah, but the desire alone wouldn't be enough. She'd have to really want it, to truly feel the strength of their familial bond. That strength, that bond, showed itself in the threads she pushed through. None were burned away, none were cut─ all were enforced with a power few things in this world could even fathom. That power... was what came from a loving family, in the lad's mind. Ibaraki may have pushed forward, but all that repeated slashing against webs that would not break would do her no favors in the end. By the time she aimed to reach him, perhaps she would come to realize that she fell a bit short. All the webs that were between them were still functioning spiderwebs, after all. Her sword would surely be covered in them, and the same could be said of her body from the trip over. Most importantly, the webs remained tethered to their start and end points, and thus threatened to halt the Oni's movements just before she reached her target with that crimson fist.

"You have to play the game, Onee-san. It's no fun if you let me win," he said while those corrupted eyes trailed over her body, viewing each thread which stuck to her during that pathetic attempt at a lunge. He could alter the consistency of his web with a simple thought. Looking at these... if he wanted to, it would be no issue to make them function as blades to shred this girl where she stood. Was she even worth becoming his sister? Adding to the family was one thing, but he had been expecting a new favorite after the last one disappointed him so. "Do you... not like my game? If you just say so, we could come up with something better. I just... really wish you would like this one. I tried really hard, you know?"