Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Kaer Morhen

A successful counter strike had ended the scuffle betwixt Hikari and himself. Hearing, even feeling the girl fall from the log, he opened his eyes. She began a tangent before realizing it was he who interrupted her training, only to switch to a brief rant directed toward him. This was accompanied by a leap, which led to her hugging him as she usually did. A single arm wrapped around the girl in return, though he came to a realization within a matter of moments. He had a response for her, he did... but he also had a realization. Looking into his recently-emptied hand, he noticed it was suddenly... lacking something. "Fuck," he said, realizing his leg of goat had been dropped during his earlier antics. He planned on eating his fill of it, but alas, it was not to be. "Whatever. How long have you been training with these Witchers? Smells like sweat and shit out here."

It seemed her brother was upset realizing he'd dropped his food during his descent. It was his own fault so she had nothing to say about it. Instead she was happy with the fact that he was fine and hugging her back and as such was likely not mentally off as she'd been warned he could be after the process. A bit of a chuckle came to her when he asked how long she'd been up to training in this space with these people. "Ah, I don't know, about four-ish days I guess. I may or may not have been trying to raise a lot of hell around here when you didn't come out after a couple of days," she said having the decency to look a bit bashful. "But apparently they appreciate that kinda moxie around here, so they said I could participate in some normal training, while I waited to see what would happen to you," she said it sounded a lot nicer than it had been.

"The exact words of the Keepers were, 'If you are going to be this feisty for no reason you might as well be able to back it up with skill...' or something to that effect," the Assassin mentioned as she walked into the courtyard seemingly without a care in the world. Several of the men around the place began to disperse, lest they end up in some sort of ordeal surrounding their choices about the lass. Regardless of how this whole thing had started, everyone had grown decently fond of Hikari in a couple of days. "Yeah, well they could have just answered my questions, but whatever..." said the girl. "Anyways, are you alright? Feeling not broken anymore? Do you need anything?" she asked of her brother apparently taken to worrying about him in this world the way he used to fuss over her in their previous one.

"Hmm." A simple grumble was all he offered initially. It was not uncommon at all for Hikari to 'raise hell' as it were, and now that she was in good health, it was somewhat pleasant to hear of her doing so... even if the redhead who transformed him came to tell that the story was far worse than Hikari made it out to be. Of all the things he could do upon hearing what actually happened, Kou let a smirk grace his lips, and snickered. "Che... That sounds more like it. Let me guess, you came in asking questions of people who had no idea what you were even talking about, got mad that they didn't seem like they had a clue, and wound up fighting a whole group?" he questioned, having a summary of his own concoction based on how he'd seen her behaving thus far. Regardless of her answer, he'd place a gentle hand upon the demi-human's head to ruffle her hair and... ears. He still hadn't gotten used to the ears. "I'm fine. Could use a bite of something better than goat leg, but Miki's holding all the money. Guess it's time to do Witcher work. You in?"

In defense of the young Demi-Human she was indeed very worried for her brother's safety. Hearing out the words out of the Assassin's mouth she looked a bit bashful, but still said nothing. Her brother on the other hand, smirked, snickered and proved he knew his sister better than most, by giving the exact situation of her coming to be accepted among the group. "Oh?! Look at me, I'm a Nerd. I'm so fucking clever!~" she said in a mocking tone. Still she couldn't help but feel very happy as her head and ears were patted. Strangely, her tail was wagging too. If her brother wasn't used to her having animal ears, she still wasn't used to having an animal tail to tell on her when she was feeling happy. He even claimed that he was ready to continue their adventure a bit, if only because he wanted better food than what was offered here.

"Hai hai, I am always up for it!~" she chimed wondering what kind of work the lad would want to do. That being said it wasn't entirely true that Miki had all of the money. In all actuality, Hikari still had about 100 gold coins from her first adventure, when they'd left Atlantis to seek a cure for the Devouring. When she'd tried to return that money to Miki the girl had simply waved her off, claiming she should keep it as a finder's fee. But whatever, there were adventures to be had. The Assassin gave a gentle wave. "Work, if you are looking for it can be found in the valley at the bottom of the Canyon. If you require any guidance in the early stages, feel free to come back for further lessons. But, I am a thorough believer that learning through experience is best," and with that she took off. Heading back inside the castle.

"Urusai, Loli Bait," he snarled. It didn't matter what sort of quip Hikari came back with; he was still right in the end. Either way, he was under the impression that they had no additional money to spend, so he'd be off to earn a bit. Being a Witcher would make it easier to take on quests without having an official Adventurer Pass, so they could easily acquire a decent amount for the return journey. Besides, he needed to further test his new physique as well. "Down to the valley, then. We'll be back to pick up the creeper," he said to the Assassin, referencing the ever-aloof Arjuna. Without further ado, he'd be on his way, assuming Hikari would be following closely.

Onward to the valley they'd go, on a much easier path than the climb up to Kaer Morhen. Why was it always like this on the way back? No matter; he'd find the village within the valley, locate the nearest tavern, and do something about acquiring some work.

"I am not, Loli Bait!" the girl said stamping her foot in frustration. Though she found the term endearing, there was nothing she could do about her loli proportions. Even in this world she hadn't grown into a proper woman's figure when she'd reached the right age. This was obviously who she was, she's simply deal with it. The Assassin who cared little about the lad she knew to be lurking around outside of the castle, had nothing to say about the future return of her pupil. He was hardly a bother to anyone as such he probably wouldn't even be noticed by most.

In the meantime, Hikari followed her brother down the to the valley at a much better pace than they'd taken to get up there. "The travel back from places is always weirdly easy. Well, except when you guys were in Atlantis and we got stuck in that dungeon and had to go back..." said Hikari making light conversation as she moved towards their new goal. This valley had several towns populating its expanses with large distances between them. Whatever the first one they reached was, her brother wished to find some work, and she'd tag along as a sidekick or whatever until they had enough coin to get him a decent meal. "So, Witchers do like Monster Slaying and stuff right? Are you just gonna choose something random?" she asked of him wondering how much if at all, she'd actually be needed for such a thing. She could always take a bit of a breather while her brother got used to moving around again.

"I was just thinking that," he said regarding the ease of return trips. "It's fucking annoying." He didn't have details on how Hikari and Karna made their trip back to Atlantis, but he could imagine it had to do with the closed Dungeon. Perhaps they got caught up in the time before a proper path was made, or perhaps they simply didn't know one existed. Hikari at least provided clarity that they had, in fact, been caught up because of the Dungeon.

Into the valley, there was an immediate occurrence noted by Kou. He made way for the tavern, but along the way, villagers were giving him the strangest of looks. Some seamed fearful, some seemed to be detesting his existence. He may have become a Witcher, but this all seemed a bit much. Many of the villagers were... talking in whispers? Strange as this was, he had no choice but to continue making his way to the tavern. "... Weird," he said. "Basically, yeah. Kaer Morhen had to be put up in a place near work for the people who built it. This place has to be full of monsters, or at least rumors of them."

After providing clarity about their recent adventures, Hikari was content to walk along side. That didn't mean that she didn't notice that upon reaching the town that many of the villagers seemed to have a problem with the lad. She hadn't experienced these kinds of whispering jeers in quite a while, though they were common in one particular instance. Her pace was still casual as if she was very used to it, even as they entered the cavern. "I haven't seen that many people suspicious of anyone, since I went to Eonis the first time, only to find out that their king was a Demi-Human Hater...." she said knowing that such a thing was fairly common in their world. According to the lad he did intend to seek work in this place, so she'd happily follow along into the tavern he chose. "Hai hai, just a bit weird for everyone to already be on pins and needles," she said slightly on guard and ready for any attack that could come their way.

Surprisingly it wouldn't be an actual attack, as a blue haired male encouraged upon the young lass taking knee and smiling up at her. He was dressed a bit like a peasant with a strange cap and golden eyes. He seemed a bit small for an adult but she couldn't really talk. "Sing a song for the lady, only 1 silver coin?" the lad said with a large smile on his face. Another man from the background gave out a hearty laugh. "I'll give you 20 silvers to shut the fuck up!" The boy for all of his troubles seemed enticed by this and headed towards the other taker with a gentle bow aimed towards Hikari. "Some other time milady," and with that he was gone. "Ugh, bards. I'm kicking him if he comes back..." she muttered, what was this general animosity towards bards?

"Probably just Witcher hatred. I didn't expect it to be this intense," said Kou, who was infinitely surprised by the amount of scrutiny being applied through mere looks. Nevertheless, they were within the tavern. Hikari encountered what seemed to be a desperate bard mere moments after entry, but by the time Kou turned to view the interaction, the blue-haired lad was on his way to claim whatever scraps of money he could muster. "A silver for a song? That's ridiculous," he mused. Moving along, he made his way to the bar. What better place to find work than the local barkeeps?

"Need a job. Any monsters around to be dealt with?" he asked, somehow managing to earn the ire of the male behind the counter. "Work for the Butcher of Blaviken? We got nothin' for you here, Witcher. Go crawlin' back to your hole!" the older man said, surprising Kou enough that he took a step back. "Butcher of... what? I've never even been to a place called Blaviken, and I only just became a Witcher. You've got the wrong guy," he insisted, but the barkeep refused to speak further. There was a story to be told here, yet no one seemed willing to tell it. What could have made him associated with this Butcher of Blaviken?

The bard had wandered off, that was good, or at least it seemed like it. Until of course, the Tavern Keep decided that he wouldn't speak with Kou, referring to him as the Butcher of Blaviken. This seemed to gain this man the Demi-Human's ire, in a way that was seen pretty frequently. "FIRST OF ALL," she started eyeing this man from across the bar, "We've never even been to fucking Blaviken. Second of all, this stupid nerd hasn't butchered anyone he's been out cold for a week! Give him a fucking job or point him to someone who fucking will!" the girl exclaimed. Several attendees of this bar, promptly looked away. All except for that lonely bard who seemed a bit entranced. He'd been here quite a while, and never seen anyone talk as this Demi-Human did, if the man with her really was the Butcher of Blaviken, perhaps, they could use a bit of assistance.

"Pardon me, my good people. But perhaps here is not the place for you... I could be of assistance though," he claimed motioning towards the door. He'd gotten very good at avoiding fights and ire, and now paid once more he could easily find himself being of use. And maybe, even using this Witcher as a way to properly jump start his career. "Or rather we could help each other~" he claimed lute strapped to his back as he headed for the exit.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast