Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Kaer Morhen

"Yeah... kinda." Oh, this was going to be rough. From a single injury, Kou could hardly bring himself to move very far. This was likely the greatest shame; his maneuverability was one of his best assets as a Saber. Alas... he wasn't just a Saber. The demonic Elf would pay dearly for judging his weapons as mere human constructs. The blades he used here were crafted as if they were segments of his very soul, each potentially carrying any qualities his Mana could produce. His newfound physiology allowed him to easily upgrade all of his tools to Silver, and he knew the innate magical properties of silver alone would make them at least somewhat effective. When the Elf came his way again, he was more mentally prepared to deal with the speed. Physically though, he was lacking. His right arm rose, only to fail at any attempted parry, instead taking the horns that would have otherwise encountered his chest. He was fortunate enough to have his arm caught between the horns instead of being pierced, though the Elf's horns seemed rigid enough to be tearing up the skin of Kou's arm regardless. The six hovering blades moved as Kou aimed to fend off the Elf, each aiming to pierce the demonic being's torso from either side. "Fucking... ugh! Guess there's no talking to this thing!" he groaned, expending energy via his Mana Burst skill to unleash it from his body as something akin to concussive force, even a form of barrier.

This young man had felt that initial hit well into his being. His speed was greatly reduced but his reflexes were good enough to avoid getting gored by the charging Demonoid Elf. Even so, there was still damage taking place and as such the Elf felt vidicated. He was even managing this without touching the lad, thus keeping his dignity as a higher tier being, at least in his own eyes. He absolutely had no fear of the weapons created by the lad, this would likely prove to be problematic, as he made no moves to stop them from penetrating his skin on the sides. As Kou groaned through his reply about not being able to reason with the Elf Creature, it screamed, before being pushed back by a burst of mana. "Ugh! It burns!!" he seemed to be having a bad reaction to the amount of silver within these weapons. Humans couldn't make weapons out of precious metals, how was he being treated in this way? His body was tossed back a great deal and as he sat up, he began plucking weapons from his person, the skin on his hands sizzling. "I..." he started. "Have changed my mind..." he claimed seemingly distraught as he pulled another blade from his person feeling the pain of it in his hands. "I'm going to rip you asunder!"

He charged forward once more, meeting the barrier like form of the Mana Burst, doing so his hand dripped with purple energy which seemed to be devouring through magic. His plan to eat through this lesser magic and then straight through the lad himself, clawing at his neck intending to deeply leave into it. He didn't intend to give him more time to create weapons. Nor did he wish to let him live anymore. He supposed a live specimen wasn't absolutely necessary after all, he could just use a few pieces... maybe his head?

It seemed to be a working approach to use his new blades against the demonic Elf, who thought them to be simple constructs created by humans. Kou imagined this Elf knew little to nothing about Witchers; he continued addressing Kou as a human in spite of the Signs he used. In that case, he had no reason to believe there was anything to harm him. Lucky for Kou. After being granted a bit of reprieve, he was raring to go again. It seemed the Elf was hellbent on tearing him down, or even apart after the apparent atrocity committed against him. Kou's Mana Burst was soon pressed against with a degrating, opposing energy produced by the Elf. He had a brief moment of time, and that was all he needed.

It wasn't his intention to create more blades, but instead to use what he already had... or in this case, what the Elf attempted to use against him. "Furukauntaa," he chanted as his Magisteel blade rose toward the Elf's claws. The ability his opponent used seemed to equate to magic, and if it did, Kou's blade would return it through the Elf's arm at double its original force. If he failed or miscalculated, he'd simply be sacrificing more of his arm. Whether he met success or failure, though, his recently-freed left hand began accumulating a glowing, magical dust-like substance that he pressed against his chest.

Was the purple energy coming out of the Elf Demonoid's hand magic? Yes. Did he know anything about Witchers? No. Why would he bother, learning about what creatures so insignificant as humans did with their meager short existences? They were bugs scuttling about on the lower levels of creation, crawling on their bellies for any spare morsel they could grab. They were nothing. Mere tools, no, they were not even tools. Tools had uses, they were pawns. Nothing more than sacrificial pieces of garbage to use as he saw fit. So, he was nothing if not surprised, when this lad had something more to offer than normal weaponry. He was stunned with his usage of magic to reflect him, and as he aimed to claw him asunder with magic and physical force, he was not prepared. There was no defense prepared and none he could have erected. Full Counter, what did that even mean? Well, he was soon let know, was all the magical force he was going to use to rip this lad's head from his torso, was directed up his arms. They were sheared from his very shoulders the extra pressure spreading across his torso after there was no where else for it to go. His body flew backwards and he looked up at the sky. He was dying? Being killed by an insignificant little human over a bard and some farm animals. "Ugh!" blood spurted from his mouth as he tried to speak, and the demonic presence within his person screamed, trying to force his body into movement, trying to tear him apart, lest he be carried into death with this body he possessed. But alas, it'd all happened too soon. The convulsions continued for a moment or two and then... he was nothing more.

"That was pretty bad ass! Nice job, Nii-san!" the Demi-human girl said. She and Jaskier were now visible again, both had watched this epic unfold and both were more than satisfied with the outcome of it. "Thank you, thank you... you saved my life!" Jaskier proclaimed as he moved forward to his now broken lute. There was obviously nothing which could be done about this. He'd need another, though he had no way of making the money necessary to replace it. He looked at the broken bits of wood and string with much sadness in his heart.

Kou was wheezing, but luckily, his strategy paid off to end the demon spawn in Elven form. The blood trickling down the Witcher's chin was beginning to thin in flow. The dust from his left hand was Fairy Magic, which he used to gradually heal his injuries at high cost to his Mana reserves. It was a slow-going process, but it helped him return his breathing to a more normal rate now that the adrenaline of combat was beginning to wear off. Some Elves remained in the surrounding area, and they needed to be dealt with accordingly... yet, considering how their leader had been...

"Two options for the rest of you: Leave or die. You're from a sect on that mountain to the north, right? Go. Be smart about it." This was his only command. If they acquiesced, he would have no qualms with them. Either way, he returned to Hikari and the bard, Jaskier. "It's cool. One of you wouldn't happen to have a heal on you, would you? I don't think this dust is gonna do the trick the way I'd like." As he spoke, Kou looked upon the broken lute of Jaskier. It was a shame; he'd been taken, beaten, and even lost what was obviously his only method of making it in this world. If he had the time... Kou could do something about this. "Oi... bring that lute with you when we're done with the farmer."

After the fight with the Demonoid Elf, his underlings already beaten up quite a bit by Hikari, they all looked at each other. This boy, this human child had killed their leader. They should have been furious and fought to the death but, in all honesty they knew he wasn't a good person. It was especially good fortune for him that he was dead. Beyond this, they'd gathered quite a bit of information about the people in this part of the world. There was no need to continue any further and many objected to the experiments performed in front of them. They all got up and began running for the shore, back to their boat, and away from this horrid situation. "Damn they turned tail pretty quickly," Hikari mentioned with a chuckle. Her brother now joining them and obviously using his own abilities to try and heal himself albeit at a very slow rate.

"I am sorry. I don't possess those kinds of abilities. And I barely get by just living here..." said Jaskier unable to help with the lads injuries. "Yare yare, you got all of that cool fighting ability and that is the best you got for healing? You were out here taking all the hits... damn it man, DODGE!" she exclaimed. Still she didn't like seeing her brother hurt and though she was a bit shy on healing magic herself she'd had a few interesting conversations with Miki while they were alone together and had gotten a certain set of items off her. "Sit down. Jeez, you're lucky ya' know. Miki-nee is pretty thoughtful about stuff... she gave me these for setting up camp when we are separated or in case anyone got hurt with no potions," she said, as she held her finger up to the wind and got her bearings straight in her own mind. She pulled from within her pocket a small collection of smooth stones with flat bottoms like the ones found in Atlantis. Only these, were strangely carved with runes. Four of them to be precise each with a different one. She placed them on the ground around both Kou and Jaskier, at the proper alignment with cardinal directions and they would find it produced a bounded field. One which protected those within, increased all their regenerative abilities (including their physical and mana reserves) and was a reinforced barrier in case of sneak attack. Jaskier immediately felt the healing being as the swelling in his eye and jaw decreased he was able to see better and began picking up the pieces of his lute as instructed, from within the confines of this barrier. "Now just sit still until you feel better!" said his younger sister who was now taking care of him in a way that she was usually taken care of before. She felt strangely accomplished in the moment though she hadn't much to do with the situation to start with.

"Fuck," Kou said the moment he gained confirmation that neither of his companions had healing abilities. He supposed he'd have to take the slow approach to repairing himself, even waiting for his Mana to return somewhere in the middle. He hadn't realized how much he relied on Miki as a teammate, nor how easily he had become reliant on others in general. It was... strange.

Alas, it seemed Miki continued to be useful for team composition, even while away. Hikari presented stones engraved with Runes, offering a bounded field of both defense, and health and mana regeneration over time. Kou seated himself, clicking his tongue upon hearing Hikari's chastising. "Yeah yeah, dodging just sounds so easy when you're not the one fighting Akuma that move at the speed of fuck you!" he countered, wincing as his voice reached too great an elevation. He'd be still as the healing took place, letting his Fairy Dust dissipate in due time. "Alright... The farmer and his family should be back in the morning. I don't remember him saying anything, but I guess they won't mind if we crash in their house. Though... I did kinda crash through the house. That might suck-"

Hikari noticed that since his waking, her brother had been using a singular swear much more than he did before. While she didn't care about this at all, it was an interesting change in demeanor. Beyond this, it seemed her brother hadn't taken many skills for healing himself, which she'd already noted. She just found it strange though, because for someone who didn't really depend on anyone for anything, it seemed that his current set up, aligned a bit better with having Miki in the vicinity. 'Ugh, I bet he didn't even realize he'd done it. He didn't just meet someone he could potentially match with romantically, but someone he could actually depend on to do their part,' the girl thought scoffing. She immediately became angry again that he'd seemed so against trying to pursue the other lass properly. "Calm down. I am just saying you are a bit lazy on the footwork. Be stunned about what you're seeing later, Nerd. Move the fuck outta the way when a creature with hooves and horns is charging at ya'..." she offered in her typical almost teasing fashion. It seemed that Jaskier was doing alright now and had the pieces of his broken lute together within the confines of its lower shell. "Yeah, they won't mind at all. They are pretty decent people, aside from the farmer not being easy to get along with. Considering the trouble he could have gotten into, he probably wouldn't mind sharing even his broken up house with you," said Jaskier. All the lad wanted to do was write his song. He had an idea for it in his head, but he needed the instrument. Instead he'd focus on healing up and then wait to see what came of his current situation.

Whenever the healing was finished, Hikari would go and collect her stones in the order she'd put them down in. Miki's instructions about them had been pretty specific so that they wouldn't need extra energy to start up they simply had to be aligned with the cardinal directions. They'd use natural energy created by a circuit to run and this wouldn't need to be jump started or anything of the sort. It was an oddly novel use of magic when Hikari thought about it. Whatever the case, she pocketed the objects and leaned back with her arms behind her head. "Alright, so we crash for the night and meet the farmer in the morning?" she said being clear on the plan. With that she headed over to the farm house to inspect the damage and find a place to fall in for the night.

"Yes, I'll just move out of the way of something that can hit me before I see it coming! All my problems are solved! URUSAI!" he snarled. Sure, Hikari's advice was good from an objective standpoint, but it simply hadn't been possible. At the very least, the healing barrier seemed to have already patched him up well enough for his lungs to support yelling. Once it was all over, he rose and looked toward the farmhouse. The general consensus seemed to be that the farmer and his family would be fine with their stay for the night, so, off he went into the building. He'd eventually find an open space against a wall to fall asleep sitting in, not wanting to intrude upon any of the family's beds. It was uncomfortable, sure, but it ensured that he was awake bright and early to await the family's return. The... draft coming from the hole in the wall helped a bit, as well. He had a plan for that too. A few stretches, a few joint pops, and he was ready to step outside and await the farmer's return.

"Well look at you, feeling all better~" the lass teased once more. She had to admit, that Miki's use of Rune Magic was well beyond useful for general wellness. She'd make sure to thank the older lass for helping out even when she was gone. Soon after they all settled for the night in the open house of the farmer. Jaskier couldn't sleep too well and spent the night slumped over their kitchen table trying to write his next epic. Hikari cuddled herself up on a chair with her head leaned back against a wall and Kou slept sitting against a wall. The next morning when Kou awoke Hikari did as well, though not for any good reason. "Jeez, next time I am going to find a bed. Or sleep in the woods on some leaves or... I don't know something..." she grumbled her back hurting from the strange position she'd contorted into. Jaskier opened his mouth muttering about a lyric as he awoke soon after everyone else. "Toss...a... coin...." he mumbled. "Yes!" and then he went about framing whatever thoughts he had in his mind.

The farmer walked upon his farm with wide eyes. Seeing the place with a large hole in one side was a bit astounding. Even so, he was very happy he and his family had left for the night. "I take it the jobs done?" he asked with his head leaning to the side inspecting the damage.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast