Thread: Shieldfreeden

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Shieldfreeden

An independent nation on the western side of the Kingdom of Eonis. it is a nation founded and led by Demi-Humans. They welcome any and all who come there and seem to subsist on basic trade system with a regional republic government. They have a volunteer army which trains itself in the open fields during the dry season, and they keep wild animals and creatures from their lands with nature. The entirety of the country is quiet, friendly and just barely past the entrance of industrialization. They are cash poor but rich in other ways and with an excessive amount of man-power which may eventually help them become a proper independent Kingdom.

A large, ornate-looking arch appeared abruptly within the nation of Shieldfreeden early in the day. Its construction was the work of Amakusa, the newest Avatar of the outsider to this world, Geno Killer. A full group emerged from this portal, including the young monarchs of Eonis Kingdom, and key members of a rising Adventurer group including Amakusa himself. This was a clear sign of something to be feared by many present Demi-Humans, but the Ruler-Class male seemed to wave off any worries of those who beheld the group. "Let's see what you have then, princess. You're obviously the talker of the two, so start talking. Lead your future people. Make them want to follow you, and then hold yourself to whatever words you offer them."

Out of this ornate looking arch bounded a certain Tanuki Demi-Human. Her presence alone, among these newcomers set a few people at ease at least. "Oi, Nii-san don't do anything too crazy. I'll be back in a few minutes..." she said giving a quick wink to Miki before headed off into the distance to find her Dragon Hourglass. Miki chuckled about the whole thing while Aerona came into this new place looking a bit distressed. She didn't know what she expected to find in Shieldfreeden but this place looked peaceful. Her own Kingdom never looked this way to her, and until they showed up here, it looked as if these people had been going about their lives completely unbothered by the potential threats of the world at large. Though some were without question displaced others seemed to be quite at ease here, even with the number of strangers suddenly in their midst.

In the meant time Amakusa's words to Aerona made her eyes widen slightly. "Of course!" she said with an amount of false bravado that was obvious to the blonde atop her pillow. She thought back to the first time she'd given a speech to people she didn't know, trying to convince them of her rightness in a situation which didn't seem to favor her. She sighed at the thought, though it was one of her better memories. "Sou ka, straight into the deep end. It's sink or swim then..." she muttered still thinking over a great many things. Aerona stood before a gathering of Demi-Humans and wondered what she could say to them. They didn't know her, and it had been made clear that people didn't just follow others for no reason. Something so simple as a combined effort against the Demon front might not be enough. "Citizens of Shieldfreeden," she started seemingly working through the first part of the speech she was working on. "I'm Princess Aerona, of Eonis and I come to you asking your assistance." she stated, her words while still arrogant seemed to have gained a bit less aggression."Eonis is under attack, a demon menace aims to overtake us, and we... simply don't have the manpower to fight it off on our own," she said. "I am aware that many of you, previously lived within the walls of Eonis and experienced ill-treatment at the hands of our Kingdom which I cannot hope to ask forgiveness for," she said, thinking of her brother and wondering if she'd be able to convince the group. "I won't seek forgiveness for the past, I can only hope to right the injustices from this point forward and with your aid I know we can find peace and a demon free country together..." she finished not really knowing if that would amount to anything.

"Hai. Good luck," he said to the Demi-Human Avatar of his sister. When he spoke these words, he didn't mean them quite so literally. In fact, it would have been more accurate if he'd advised her to have fun instead. That was a bit closer to his true meaning. Having no concern for what the lass might get herself into, he chose to observe the ruling method of Aerona. Her start was a bit shaky, though it quickly righted itself. By the end, though, she seemed to be losing traction. Was that all she had to say? She was missing some very key aspects to motivating those she wished to have follow her. He offered a single look, and nod, to Eonis' prince during the silence.

As a result of Amakusa's prodding, Aeronius stepped forward with only a moment of hesitation. "I am Prince Aeronius Eon. As my sister said, we cannot hope to right the wrongs you have suffered. We only hope that you will give us this chance by fighting with us, that we might work toward a brighter future for Humans and Demi-Humans alike within Eonis! King Eon... our father, has been overcome by Devil Magic. If you can help us stop him, we can all band together and work toward never letting this sort of thing happen again."

In the moments after her speech, Aerona could see herself losing traction, and she wasn't quite sure why. It wasn't until her brother spoke up, that she realized what it was she truly lacked as a leader. She could go off to war, fight, and talk a good game. But after the war was over, dealing with the people helping them with their ambitions, helping them find peace, this wasn't one of her original thoughts. It took someone as soft as her brother, to make claims about a future and to want to stick by them. Apparently their crowd thought the best of this addition. With several of the faces who'd looked discouraged choosing to stand a bit straighter once more. "We can't force you to stand with us, we only wish you to join us in reclaiming our home!" she managed to bring the end of the speech together.

All the while Miki watched this partnership begin properly. 'One soft outcast and one rough shut-in. Pretty good teamwork I'd say. At the very least they cover each others weaknesses which is more than can be said for most people,' the blonde lass thought. Several of the people here began to disperse. Some wouldn't fight after being turned away so viciously. This was understandable, but those who wished for a better future, or didn't really want to leave home in the first place and with more forgiving natures. They would stay. This upped the number of able-bodied individuals by quite a good number, several already carrying weapons some stating their intentions to gather their necessary equipment and be ready to leave at a moments notice. "That speech had some shaky points, but not bad for your first go of it..." Miki mentioned before reverting her attention to Amakusa. "Is that big enough for what we have to do next?" she asked of the white haired man, wondering exactly how much depth this would need for his plan to continue.

All seemed to be well. The pieces of this puzzle had been fitted together quite nicely, with the complimenting aspects of the royals' personalities working in unison. Neither of the two could have managed a thing without the other. On one hand, the princess came off as a tyrant who thought too little of her people's welfare. On the other hand, the prince presented himself as a softhearted individual who could do nothing to protect those who needed a mighty ruler. These forces together created the perfect harmony, as if they were meant to rule as a unit. Amakusa had no visible reaction to either part of the overall speech, but he was silently observing and judging the outcome. "Hmm. Considering how well this is gone, I think our percentage may have gone up to about 120+. It's still not ideal, but a few specific approaches when we get to the kingdom should push us to 150% easily enough. The proper pieces need to be in place around the Demi-Humans, though they can't be smothered and feel like there's any chance of being turned against. It's a delicate situation, but that is where you come in... Madoka."