Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Grandcypher

He could almost laugh. In fact, he did. That rich girl known as Ashikaga Kimiko thought that classified as a lazy day? Oh, the difference between their lifestyles. Once he was done grasping at his abdomen and bellowing a guffaw into the ship's ceiling, he bent at the waist and shook his head. "That's it? I dunno, that sounds like a regular day to me. What the fuck do you mean a trip? There aren't trips in laziness! Skip school, stay inside, don't change clothes, eat cup ramen and let the noodles hang out of your mouth because you're too into a boss fight to even chew! Don't even get up to shower, just keep all your food and drink by the bed all day. That's lazy! There was a wide, carefree grin upon the face of Kou during this speech. He meant every word; his take on laziness was of a different quality entirely. What Miki had to say, truly was just an ordinary day to him.

Off they went on their sky ship, while Bulma explained the agreement she'd made with Miki in Atlantis. He certainly wasn't expecting anything of the sort, but it was strangely heartwarming. Could the blonde really think his gift to her was something so out of the ordinary, when she'd sacrificed part of a contract to grant him a simple desire he'd only mentioned in casual conversation? Ridiculous. What could he do now, though? Miki's face wasn't the only one experiencing an intense increase in redness; his was as well. He tried looking in her direction, but the end result was nothing more than him looking away immediately. "S─sou ka..." he said. This abashed demeanor of his wouldn't last long, though. His excitement returned soon after they took off, and he moved closer to the ship's deck. A single pop of a capsule, and he had before him what appeared to be a surfboard. Indeed, it was the Solar Sailer Bulma previously mentioned. Once his eye was on it, he had it in mind to take a more... exciting path to the skies.

Kou seemed to be having a great laugh at Miki's idea of laziness, and she was soon to find out why. An entire tangent ensued about things she assumed the lad did when he was being lazy. Not going for showers, eating nearby food, not leaving his house... this was an extreme amount of shut-in behavior. She wouldn't chastise his decisions though because he looked so happily carefree at the end of his statement that she couldn't bring herself to even try too pick apart his fun. Instead only a smile crossed her face. "Hai hai, I suppose that does sound a great deal lazier than anything I manage... I'm still not a workaholic," she said. The ship continued to climb and as it did the conversation about the deal between Miki and Bulma came to its high point.

The explanation provided by Bulma seemed to leave both of the younger teens in a state of embarrassment, which the blue-haired woman found amusing for a variety of reasons. "Yeah, so let me know if you want anything particular, or if after testing you think of some things which can be adjusted..." Bulma said with a solid offering of her own services, knowing that it was exactly what Miki meant for her to do. Still the cute embarrassment wouldn't seem to last very long as the lad moved on to his excitement about trying out the prototype and Miki managed to clear her head only to think of one thing as she went to watch the take off. It was a question surrounding part of his earlier tirade and one which only she could ask. "Wait... what the hell is cup ramen?"

"Eyes of the beholder," the lad chimed as he stepped farther from the control room, toward the ship's edge. That feeling of the wind was just what he needed, and there was no better time than the present to have this new experience. He wanted to have an early go at it as well, before it became too dangerous for any random failure of the prototype. "Alright... Time to make a move," he said, propping his sailer against the railing and preparing for departure. Just before he hopped on, though, Miki shared a few more words. She couldn't have meant that, right? Ah, but she could. That wealthy lass truly was poor enough in experience to have zero familiarity with cup ramen. Kou was aghast. "You─" How could he even explain? Well, he supposed there was only one way to do so. Somehow, somewhere, he'd have to find a way to offer the experience directly.

"I can't explain it. It has to be lived." That was all he could manage regarding the great delicacy known as cup ramen. With that, he hopped off the Grandcypher with his new 'toy' in hand. There was a place to plant his feet, and once they were there, rocket propulsion allowed additional speed to his descent. It took a few seconds to adjust, but he soon managed to curve enough to begin moving alongside the ship at great speed, even exceeding the larger vessel here and there. "WOOOOOOOHOOO!~' Already, this was the most worthwhile use of his time at present. He wondered briefly what the 'solar' part of this device was, but it was easy enough to figure out. Application of Mana through his forward foot produced a literal sail on the board─ one which bore similarities to a solar panel, albeit malleable enough to be carried by the wind. 'Sou ka. If I use this, I can save Mana at a low speed cost. This shit's cray.'

Kou claimed such things to be in the eye of the beholder, and Miki could agree. She didn't see herself as a workaholic because she had examples of people much more prone to extra work and no fun than herself. Kaiba and Hisakawa came to mind for that sort of thing implicitly. Still, her question about cup ramen wasn't answered directly instead the lad claimed it was something which had to be lived. Perhaps, one day she'd find a way to try it, since the way he said it made it sound rather enticing. "Sou desu ka..." she managed softly. Of course, this was fine. And she was then content to watch the lad try out his new vehicle. Actually, that wasn't really the case she was unabashedly staring as the lad had his fun. Zooming around the ship, managing to speed up with it, all while looking absolutely entertained and amused. A small smile came to her face and there was a deep light in her eyes, seeing this amount of happiness definitely made that earlier contract worth making. All the while she leaned up against the railing, taking in the wind, her hair blowing gently in the breeze. This was truly picturesque, eventually the ship itself reached a stabilizing altitude and would turn itself towards wherever it was it intended to go. Then and only then did Bulma leave the control room several minutes after the fact and head back to the deck. There were a few other things to take care of about figuring out who was going to be captain and all of that, but she figured they could get to that after a bit of relaxation was reached.

There were many twists and turns in Kou's flight, all purposeful. His path took him around the ship multiple times, though he mostly resorted to cruising alongside it. Eventually, he'd board again... but not quite yet. While he was busy enjoying his flight, others were moving about the ship. Arjuna, for one, had recently taken in the sights of the ship. The tanned male approached the pair of Miki and Bulma, speaking to the latter. Of course, this only came after he checked in with Hikari for... reasons.

"Bulma," he said, expecting that the young Demi-Human would be alongside him to chime in at her leisure. "I've inspected the ship, but there is one minor... issue. The captain's quarters is a single room separate from others, as it well should be. However, would we not have two captains aboard?" He spoke to Bulma, yes, but his gaze found Miki partway through his speech. There was something afoot here, but it was a grand gesture... depending on how one chose to view it. As he continued, his words became ones which reached out to Miki as well. Meanwhile, others such as Dreyfus and Diva were approaching this small gathering of people. "We were discussing the fact that there are two people who normally function as our leader. Should we expect the room to be shared, or will our navigator be taking it? Allow me to advise against the latter."

Soon enough, Arjuna was approaching Miki and Bulma, and along with him was Hikari who seemed more than a bit amused. In fact, there was devious light in the lass' eye. "Yare yare, I told you any problems with the decor don't have anything to do with m...." there was a pause it seemed the issue wasn't really one. According to him, there was a decision to be made regarding their captains and where they would be sleeping. "Sou ka," Bulma said. Although she didn't retain the same vested interest in the budding relationship between Kou and Miki, she was just as likely as the others to observe it. She didn't have any problem letting the rest of the group at large, have their fun at these two's expense.

Miki for her part in this, was exceedingly distracted, watching Kou. Until of course, the aim was to get her attention. Then and only then did she finally draw her eyes away from the lad, only to turn and find most of the people of this group standing around. Her eyes widened, and she felt like she had been caught. Little did she know she was being trapped instead. "Ah, well... I mean we," Miki started. It looked as if they were already planning this. The claim being they should share the room, or give it to the navigator which he advised against. "You seem like you've put a bit more thought into this than I'd like," this was how Miki chose to phrase her present discomfort. Now if she were being truthful, she had no problem sharing a room with Kou. In fact, before anyone else had joined them, she'd forced him into it. "I mean I don't really care where I sleep or anything. It isn't so big a deal..." said Miki, crossing her arms over her chest. A lighter flick would sound and Bulma began another cigarette, "You don't have to worry on my account. I'd prefer to sleep in my workshop, and set it up as such..." Bulma said laxly. "Yosh! No reason then, that you and Nii-san, can't just share the Captain's Quarters then, right?" said Hikari with her wide eyes shining at Miki. She was put on the spot so hard by this notion. Where was Kou, obviously he could help her out of this.

As Kou continued to fly around the Grandcypher, he considered a great many things. One of those things he offered thought to, happened to be something which disturbed him greatly. They had so recently departed from Eonis, but there was one thing... one vital thing he'd gone without addressing during his time there. They were all quite busy, yes, but something was missing. "FUCK!" he yelled without much forethought. "I didn't get the fucking Dragon Glass!"

Meanwhile, deliberation regarding the captain's quarters began properly. Miki was right. Arjuna had, indeed, put quite a bit of thought into this sales pitch after scoping out their new shared living space. This option, above all others, was integral to the majority's desire... to force their leader figures into a relationship, since the pair of them were so skittish about it otherwise. Miki claimed she didn't care where she slept, but that was just more reason for it to work out just the way he suggested. "No qualms, then? If nothing else, having the captain well-rested from the best setup is ideal for crew morale. Looking at the rooms here, I imagine there will be some sort of... buff from the room."

Strangely, there was an outburst from Kou, about forgetting Dragon Glass. It had been a thing, that he'd previously asked for from the player Princess Madoka in Eonis on their earlier visit. All things considered, it wasn't really strange it had been forgotten given the state they'd found Eonis in when they'd returned to it. Bulma ever the nice person looked up at the lad. "I have Dragon Alchemy, if the combination of the right materials can be reached. I can make Dragon Glass..." she mentioned through an exhale of smoke. Of course, she had every reason to believe that between her and Miki such an amalgamation of materials could be found, but alas this wasn't the point of the conversation being had by the crew members at present. Hikari's eyes were still shining brightly with that hint of devilishness in them. Miki was managing to avoid eye contact though the words being spoken by Arjuna made her huff.

"Crew Morale and buffs? You want us to share a room for crew morale and buffs..." she said looking at the man as if he was up to something. She couldn't quite put her finger on it, maybe it was just knowing the lad was also Karna that made her mistrust his words a bit. Maybe, it was just the idea of such a thing being sprung on her without reason. She couldn't really tell, but it definitely seemed as if everyone present had some strange vested interest in the idea of her and Kou sharing the Captain's Quarters. She had no real problem with doing so, but she wouldn't make such a decision. After all, their whole working relationship was based on the equality of their input. So, the approach to take, would be the one she always did, the one of tentative neutrality. "There is no reason we can't share it, but... that isn't really a decision I can make on my own," Miki mentioned still not making eye contact. Bulma took note of this and found it interesting. She'd known Ashikaga Kimiko for a great deal of her life, and had never seen her outright defer a decision in such a way. In fact, she was much more likely to watch the girl argue her point into the ground before leaving something up to someone else. Taking such a statement as cue Hikari looked to her brother, and asked the lad a question in the most direct manner possible. "Nii-san! Miki-nee wants to share the Captain's Quarters with you... that's cool, right?" she mentioned taking the liberty of interpreting the elder lass' neutrality. This widened Miki's eyes, those weren't the exact words she'd spoken but they could be taken that way, 'She's dangerous...' she realized of the lad's younger sister.

Kou's outburst had been heard by none other than Bulma, who thought it imperative to mention her own ability to produce Dragon Glass. It wasn't so much a thing he needed, but rather something he saw the potential uses of in future. Moreover, he wouldn't be capable of acquiring it from Princess Madoka for quite some time after this journey to the skies began. It was overall nice to know he could receive Dragon Glass, or even something like it, through a member of the current group. "Sugoi!" he said while flying closer to the deck where others seemed to be grouping up. "I made an arrangement to get tons of it, but... I might be needing a few pieces while we're upstairs. I'll let you know!"

There was one more matter which kept Kou closer to the ship. Why was most of the crew hanging out in this one spot on the deck? He'd soon be finding out in a roundabout way, and through none other than Hikari at that. His board lowered until he could hover just over the surface for a bit. She couldn't h ave been serious, right? To imply that Miki had a desire to share a room was ridiculous, or at least it should have been. There was a memory in his mind of her suggesting a shared room at the start of their journey together, though...

"... Eh?" he questioned aloud. It took the young man's best effort to keep any amount of shock and embarrassment from his visage, but he may have been failing just a bit. He couldn't manage eye contact with a single person at the time, knowing a handful of eyes were on him during this moment. "Uh... yeah. I mean, I guess? Are there buffs?"

Apparently, whatever the lad had planned for the Dragon Glass, he didn't need much of it at first. Perhaps he would only need it after a while, with this, Bulma could at least nod her head knowing that her services would actually be used at some point. "Hai hai..." she managed knowing she'd caused this pair of youngsters a bit of discomfort when she'd showed up wanting their Wish Gems, she figured she might as well make herself as fully available as her contract with them was one which was mutually beneficial.

Moving right along the lad would soon be stopped along with everyone else, wondering about the gathering, his younger sister's words caused a strange reaction in him, and she looked on with that same bit of deviousness before turning her head up in the air. 'I hate that I know him this well. A pretty girl doesn't need buffs to want to room with you... but you agree to it because of that... Baka-nii. Looking after you is so difficult,' she thought, giving Arjuna a knowing look because she'd said this exact thing when they were discussing the plan. "Hai hai, well-rested bonuses and whatever they trickle down to for us. And Crew Morale is always a thing to consider," said the girl with a triumphant face. Miki heard out this explanation and though she'd never had any qualms about the idea of sharing the room with Kou, all of the words mentioned made it seem like more of a good idea than a bad one. Kou had even already agreed though he seemed a bit hesitant, Miki managed to smile as she hazarded a glance his way. 'I really don't mind sharing with him. Actually, it's kind of exciting we'll be able to talk, hang out and maybe...' Miki's mind began to wander. Late night chats, a progression to their potential dating, midnight snacks... stolen romantic moments. Her face was blushing at the thought. And Bulma was watching the girl as she smoked her cigarette and wondered if being forced to be more normal had ended Ashikaga Kimiko with a different set of problems from others like them.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast