Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Grandcypher

It made sense. If the two who were in charge benefited from the same rest bonus achieved via the captain's quarters, the entire group would benefit whether they were in the Party or not. As awkward as it was to agree, there was logic behind their placement in the same bedroom this time... and it wasn't as if he minded, or anything. 'Kuso. I've got a strong feeling this is all some devious plan of Yumi's to hook me up with hot, rich gamer chicks. Well... it's whatever, but─' His thought reached no proper conclusion. He had already agreed, so it was settled. It wasn't as if they would ever be outside of this world again, right? If he could keep that in mind, perhaps he could commit to the lass who already admitted some attachment to him, even in a roundabout way. He reciprocated... so there was likely an additional expectancy lying in wait.

Either way, Kou hopped off his solar sailer to join the others aboard the ship once more. If he was to commit to yet another room in Miki's company, that was fine, but he did have an interest in seeing it. "Well, let's see it then. I've... got no problem with sharing a room and all. Still, I haven't even had a look around yet."

Miki's mind had traveled a great deal down the path of potential romance. Hikari watched knowing that her brother thought this was some plot of hers. She didn't really care though, what he couldn't know was that he was wrong. She wasn't just plotting to hook him up with rich gamer chicks. She'd decided that Ashikaga Kimiko was the only one to properly fit her brother's personality. There was also the fact that she wasn't alone in this idea, the whole of their group seemed to want this to happen, even if for various different reasons. "Yosh! Good, Captains are all set..." Hikari said seemingly pleased by the agreement reached.

Moving on, Kou seemed to want to explore their new vessel and though Miki had already agreed to sharing the room, she also hadn't seen it. "Oh... I haven't really looked around either..." Miki mentioned. Figuring that if they'd already agreed to sharing the room, she might as well see what all the fuss was about. "Ikoka..." she said basically offering to join the lad on his exploration of this place. Seeming to have forgotten at base her blushing expectations and seeming to be overly pleased about the rooming situation though she'd been arguing about it herself for quite a few moments.

"I guess so," Kou said in response to Hikari's assertion. Still, he remained skeptical even in his expression toward the girl. Whatever the case, things were business as usual. His sister would always meddle in his business for what she thought was 'best' for him, and apparently this entire world would always push him closer to Miki. Inside, he didn't mind at all... so long as the balance between them remained.

Speaking of Miki, she made it clear that she, too, intended to view the captain's... or rather, captains' quarters. Bashful as that claim made him, Kou understood that they had to make that journey together at some point. What better time than the present to do so? "Hai. Let's have a look," he said with only mild hesitation, taking that first step toward a scenario he didn't know the outcome of.

... Oh. That was a thing, wasn't it? Perhaps, in all this time, he had been failing to realize that Miki remained an unsolvable puzzle to him. As he walked into the ship, he thought back to earlier moments in this journey. Even as early as Dwargon, his usual understanding of things didn't apply to how the blonde functioned. Now, he understood just as little. Mentally, he considered her to be an impossibility, a curiosity that always twisted in a different direction... much like the Artifact he'd gifted her in Atlantis, and the smaller treasure hidden away inside it. Maybe his attachment was a simple matter of this curiosity. No, that surely wasn't the case. At some point in time, yes... his interest came from a point of wonder. That time had long since gone.

His mind continued wandering, always back to the same simple fact. As a result, Kou said nothing on his journey toward the captains' quarters, seeming quite out of his wit all the while.

'Baka.' this was Hikari's only thought as her brother and Miki began walking off together. She couldn't believe how much extra it took to get him to leave with the lass. At least it seemed, that Miki was just the side of direct enough, when knowing the lad had some interest in her, to push things forward at her own pace. Strange as it was, Hikari had no problem leaving her brother in Miki's care, because she knew the blonde lass wasn't using him. They truly were a match, even if they didn't quite realize it yet.

Speaking of not realizing their compatibility, Miki was walking along side the lad after her agreed to her company. She couldn't have been more pleased, in fact, it was showing on her face. Acceptance. That was the feeling, which seemed to provide her some unknown amount of giddy pleasure. 'Hm, I'm kind of excited...' the girl thought with happiness. The idea of sharing a room with this lad was exciting. Admittedly, the first time she'd mentioned such a thing, it'd had some different meanings. Now, it wasn't simply a matter of fairness and not wanting her to be alone. No, even in moments of quiet like this, she felt at ease... his presence was calming and his desires were simple. Perhaps, this was what she enjoyed? Was it why she wanted to give him those simple desires... to see him smile? Perhaps because, he offered it to her as well, reciprocity? Maybe because she considered him in such a way, she thought of his comfort before her own, but was never disappointed by what she got in return.

As they walked they would eventually make it towards the upper deck once more, her hand rested against a door and she smirked. "Alright then, shall we?" she asked as she prepared to push open the door. She smiled at the lad directly and waited. After all, this room wasn't just hers, it was theirs, and they both deserved to see it with fresh eyes and appreciation the first time. Whenever the door opened, they'd see inside of it. It contained six large windows against the far walls, framed in curtains of red and gold. A table in the middle atop a well designed area rug underneath a chandelier. Beyond this, several dressers lined the left wall and on the right, tucked between some deep bookshelves was a king-sized bed. Nearer to the front a private bathroom for the couple to share, but that was something for later. The room itself was decorated in hues of red and gold with royal blue and gold accent pieces. It seemed to be designed with them in mind.

Kou's mind continued to wander, to race even, as they approached their designated room. By the time Miki spoke to him about entering, he was completely zoned out. He, too, had begun to think about the potentials of this shared space. There was so much that could be done, from collective relaxation, to...

Oh. He was being addressed. His expression couldn't have produced more shock than it did the moment he realized he was several seconds behind on answering. His face was red, his eyes were wide and unfocused, and his mouth was just slightly agape. "Oh─ yeah, right. Gomen," he said. Nevertheless, he was keen on making his way into the room, which he immediately found to be a thing worthy of awe. Seeing the windows to let in a great quality of natural light from a technical lower point, the half-hidden placement of the bed, and the spaciousness of everything... none of that did any good to help quell his train of thought. Of course, Kou had been more than some simple shut-in during his life in their original world. He had been a bit of a pervert, as many lads of his age group typically were... albeit with excessive access to two-dimensional stimuli aplenty. "This would be really good for..." He didn't mean to speak aloud. He was off on a mental tirade, nearly gone from the conscious world when his mouth simply opened to produce the sounds. Upon realizing he was talking, he froze immediately.

Miki found the lad a bit more spaced out than normal. Though she didn't require conversation from him, she found his shocked expression after being addressed directly to be odd. No, that wasn't the right word, she found this look, cute. "Iia," she said brushing aside the apology she was offered. She didn't care if he was a bit spaced out, looking at the lad while he was deep in thought was something altogether different for her. She couldn't help but enjoy the quality of such moments figuring them to be a rare treat. Soon, there was something else to focus on, and focus she would. Her eyes traced over their new shared room space and she found it to be quite good. It was cozy, compared to types of spaces she'd inhabited in her life, but still roomy enough to move around in. She began doing exactly this, walking around the table. She ran her fingers absently across it. She took note of the height of the table the spacing of the chairs, the amount of light being let in by the windows. All of this seemed to give the lass some strange ideas.

She was used to being in such spaces by herself. The idea of sharing a space this intimate with someone else led her to think about the space differently. Instead of thinking of things she could do in this space alone, she considered things they could do together. Yes, normal things crossed her mind, like puzzles and mapping and taking meals. But beyond that, deep in the recesses of her mind, were thoughts of a more perverse nature... Her mind shifted to the height of this table, testing its stability wondering if it would support the weight of two people. These were the sort of thoughts she gathered from her reading of certain series and by ingesting certain other media. Her eyes went wide as she considered these things, and the random speech of Kou invaded her mind and brought her eyes up just a bit, her face lightly aflame. "Huh? I uh... missed a bit of that," the girl managed before turning towards the window and walking to look down it, her mind instantly wondering if they could be seen from below... for reasons and thus making her not want to turn and face the lad again.

His apology had only been spoken in passing, but it seemed it was to be pardoned regardless. He could be thankful of that, but more so of another event yet to happen at the time. As they both let their minds wander in whatever directions they chose regarding this room, it seemed Miki's train of thought veered off enough for her to miss his accidental speech. Good; that meant he could recover, and there was much he had to recover from. When she walked by the table and made direct contact with it, he saw her. In that very moment, his own mind saw a series of events transpiring in the moments immediately following that moment of contact, and those thoughts were none too savory. He certainly couldn't be letting that out of the proverbial bag. "Huh? Oh, uh..."

He had to think of something. She wasn't looking at him directly, so he could bend the truth just a bit, right? No; he could omit the greater truth, however. "I was just... thinking out loud about how great the room is. I was saying it'd be awesome for doing a lot of stuff, you know?" That was all he chose to say. He was being completely honest about the matter, and he meant those words even without the sultry-natured things that consumed his mind more than any other thoughts. This was going to be one hell of an adjustment period, he thought... unless this room happened to come equipped with a certain aphrodisiac gas he'd seen used in a specific series once, in which two characters were forced into a shared living space for the sake of mating.

Kou stumbled through a bit of a reaction. At least initially, but as she was turned away she couldn't really see the look on his face to determine the reason for this. Ah, that was too bad though wasn't it. It seemed that he was simply thinking about the space they'd share and how nice it was. His words about it, seemed to lack a bit of depth but... Miki wouldn't pry. Or rather, she had no room to pry when she considered her own thoughts were very far off the mark and needed to be kept deep within the recesses of her mind. "Ah, right. It's a great space, I'm actually pretty shocked by it," she said finally managing to tear her eyes away from the window. She felt as if her face was no longer the stark shade of red it had been when her thoughts first started to wander. And with this she turned to the lad and offered a smile.

"I don't think I've ever shared a room for longer than a day or two before... I'll try to be a good roommate~" she offered, though she meant that in a way which wasn't really about sharing the space. This was more of a cover for her own thoughts than anything else. Ashikaga Kimiko had lived very much outside of what could be considered normal. Knowing this, the blonde lass she was right now, wanted to make sure she didn't dominate the space they now shared, especially not with the kind of thoughts and activities her mind seemed to enjoy. She fully acknowledged that living with her would probably be weird to most people. Even so, she couldn't help but be happy about this new turn of events. In fact, she could even see it playing out like a certain series she favored. 'Hm, if we get past this part... we could move on to something more like that...' she thought as her mind once again took to a strange place of romance and perversion. But... first, she had to cross the bridges that presented themselves.

"Yeah, same..." Kou said, doing his level best to escape the thoughts plaguing his consciousness. He failed, though that much was to be expected of a lad in his teens. As if he needed to make things worse, his legs carried him closer to the bed so carefully tucked away in the wall itself. There were even curtains surrounding the opening left for said bed, which he thought to be an excellent source of additional... privacy, as it were. Something about being 'sealed' within an even smaller closed space was incredibly appealing, but he had to stop! Any more, and he'd begin showing physical signs of what he was thinking.

At least there was a spark to create a normal conversation. It wasn't doing much to deter the brain below his waist, but it was a start. In hearing talk of Miki being a 'good roommate' in attempt, he opted for a bit of jest that carried with it the thoughts he pushed off. If he couldn't easily rid himself of them mentally, he could at least joke them away as he sat at the bed's edge. "I've had to share rooms long-term before, but not with someone I didn't happen to be related to. I'll make an effort to avoid being a creeper. Mm. Strong effort; just don't hit me with a frying pan if I screw it up."

By the time Miki looked at the lad properly, he was looking at the bedside, then sitting on it. She was used to having a bed surrounded by curtains out of the general view of other places. Such a thing felt safest to her. But... that wasn't at all the thought she had in the moment she looked it over. No, right just now she thought of being in an even cozier space with Kou, shut off from the view of the world. What kind of trouble could they get into when others couldn't watch them? That was a bad line of thought. She went over casually and sat down beside him at a range she thought was neither too close nor too far away. But unlike other moments, when she crossed her legs at the knee the one which met the floor seemed to bounce just a little. It would seem a bit of a nervous tick but that wasn't it at all... 'I really might like this too much...' her thoughts needed to be shut down, and she needed to stop doing what she was doing right now before this wholesome situation became something else entirely.

Ah, Kou was talking again. Apparently he'd shared rooms more often, but only with people he was related to. He claimed he'd try his hardest not to be a creeper of any sort. But he didn't want to be hit with a frying pan, if he failed at it. Strangely, Miki wouldn't actually mind if he was a bit of a creeper, as she didn't mind his attention in any way. Maybe, that'd be something worth saying later. When things were a bit less tense between them. For now she managed to make her leg stop bouncing, thus stopping that discrete stimulation and laugh at his joke. "Tehehe Hahahahaha!~" happened first but then was followed up by her own joke. "I'm pretty sure I could manage a paper fan or a giant mallet if you prefer..." she joked as well, knowing that she didn't innately find him creepy because she wanted his attention. In fact, it only made her curious about what he could mean and maybe she'd find out... some other time.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast