Merlyn was at heart, a lazy young lass. Even so, she took her job on with an amount of emotional maturity which she thought was proper. "It's just a difference in personality. I don't like things that make me feel like I should be serious... " she mentioned in passing. Of course, it seemed that Arthur was even less helpless than she had imagined. His work in the previous world as a body guard likely prepared him to better deal with human targets than his initial bouts with monsters. This of course, was at least partly the reason she'd held off on putting him in contact with humans, but there were other more important reasons for that as well. She'd been trying to temper him for the questing ahead, and people in this world were much less likely to have anything resembling 'decent' motives for their behaviors. No matter. Many more interesting things were taking place here.

"You little brat! Just wait, you're all mine when this is over..." the skinny man said as his arrow flew off into the distance. The white haired girl within the cage seemed less than fearful of the obvious threat that this man was making towards her. "You are pretty dumb if you think that. Disposable. You're obviously disposable. Just like me~" the young girl said. She'd put together that this Knight wasn't from the Kingdom, that meant that he had to have information about this little outing. She couldn't be sure of the source of that, but it was more than obvious that it wasn't intended for this pair to return to their mistress. At the same time, the portly fellow had his dagger knocked from his hand by a swinging blade. His eyes widened at this incident as he looked at his empty hand as if dumbfounded. "Oi oi... At least shoot him or something!" exclaimed the man to the smaller one. He to his credit moved as if he planned to draw another blade while the bow wielding man sucked in an annoyed breath. "If you can't take care of one Knight alone you're not worth keeping around..." A smaller dagger in the hands of the portly man he dived forward as if he intended to take out the Knights knees and give the sniper a free shot. Strangely that arrow wouldn't be coming... as a chilling cold spread throughout the skinny man's arm, he'd find himself incapable of moving it much at all. And there was no one to blame for this, but the young half-elf within the cage, though she managed to look innocent when he finally turned back towards her. Luckily for her, she was locked within this cage, it wasn't like he could open it quickly enough for her to be in danger. So all that was left was for Arthur to take care of these two criminals.