Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Zuria Kingdom

An amused chuckle left Merlyn again. She found this man's willingness to appease her rather simple whims was one which would likely keep him in her current mental position as her favorite Knight. "No, we really wouldn't. This one has to keep up her appetite. What if I need to flex?~" she stated as if this was a hilariously sarcastic thing. Of course, it was very likely she'd need to as well, but that was a matter for a different time. Cador had something to say about Kolin and the fact that he'd managed not to upset her in his time being here. She found that rather amusing, but after you'd been married to someone like that she supposed learning to keep your head down simply came with the territory. As an aside Lot's dislike of the man didn't seem to cause him any great stress, and what was more he spoke of another who was stronger than him, who Merlyn might also enjoy? "Oh? I didn't know such a person could exist. But if it's a recommendation from you… I'll definitely consider looking into it~" she said rather happily. Cador was definitely the right extra Knight to find first. He had the experience of a battle-ready warrior and the knowledge and wisdom of the world to go along with it. Much like herself he was ready for the complications that such a journey could throw at them.

They did agree about Kolin and it was indeed a shame that someone like Arthur would suffer the most from the decision he made here. A sigh left the lass as she thought it over. "To be fair, this isn't the first of this sort of adventure I would have chosen for him… but it's a tipping point. I couldn't really leave it alone. Too many potential losses would take place if we hadn't showed up here. A bit of damage to his psyche in exchange for the general happiness of several people who were going to be crucial in his life. To save someone here… to have them be a face he sees later. That is what I had to work with…" Merlyn said of this place. She knew how this would have turned out if they'd avoided it for longer. And while she could have given the lad an adventure that would have helped him be better before he arrived, doing so would have caused more mental anguish to those already present. It didn't weigh out right in Merlyn's mind, especially not when one considered the potential harm to his future Queen. She didn't know if this was any kind of consolation, but given how Arthur was, she figured he'd prefer his own suffering over those he'd come to know and trust. Even if he doesn't quite know them well enough yet.

As they moved on, the most loaded question someone could have asked left her mouth and it was met by a strangely layered answer. To be honest, she found Sir Cador's answer to be more than a bit comforting. Technically speaking, she'd done just that… she'd chosen a mix of things instead of letting one thing completely overpower another. She couldn't keep him from his sadness nor his happiness. "Oh? How very moderate of you, Sir Cador. I appreciate that really. It makes me feel a bit less bad. I thought I might be a bit over the top… like some kind of wicked puppet master." Merlyn explained of her own contemplation. But if Sir Cador would have taken the kind of guidance Merlyn would have provided, she felt less bad overall about how much stuff would happen to him.

In the meantime, Kolin found Arthur within her chamber. She didn't bother removing herself from the bath knowing the lad had something to say. She heard him removing his weaponry, stripping himself and approaching her with the general caution that those who were in her good graces came with. Very nice, Cador truly was the best Knight to have train such a person as Arthur. "You may make your oath, you have my attention…" she said with a raised brow. Though she'd indeed think she'd need to do something about Arthur, she found his current level of understanding interesting. What did he make of her position compared to his. She supposed she was about to find out.

"Well, so long as you don't put on too many pounds, I suppose flexing will be a viable possibility anyway. Given how I feel even now, I'm sure you could make a scene with Kolin's entire little harem by showing them your wrist." Cador had become a firm believer in Merlyn's abilities as a succubus. He wanted for no woman, but Merlyn managed to bring desire out of him regardless. Sure, he could resist, but that didn't stop the urge at all. Moving on, Merlyn offered a response to his mention of another's dreams, but it seemed he hadn't been clear enough in his assertion. "Oh? Sorry to disappoint, Merlyn, but I was talking about Sir Lot. He's the one whose dreams you should really go after," he quipped. "He'd probably like you, too. Wouldn't that be lovely?"

Necessary evils were a part of all reality, and such a statement was never more accurate than here in this world. As such, he could commiserate with Merlyn when she came clean about what she'd done with Arthur. His own choice wouldn't have been much different, and in fact, he could say Merlyn made a more decisive choice than he could have. "You do what the world needs of you. What is best overall is always a better decision than what is best right here, right now. I can already count at least three heads that are grateful for you two showing up when you did. There's no telling what Kolin would have done, had I actually been the one to save Lia. . ." With that said, Cador leaned back in his chair and took another sip of ale. Merlyn's perspective had been an interesting one. What she thought of herself was far from the truth, yet oh so accurate at the same time. Of course he was going to comment on the matter as he saw it. "Merlyn, you are without a doubt some kind of wicked puppet master. You just have the benefit of being less of the wicked part. Until you take that hood off, of course. Then, I wonder how many have gone mad because of you."

Arthur had the queen's attention. Good. High and mighty as she was, Kolin remained behind her barricade as he removed his blade and armor, granting him permission to state his oath to her. In this case, his wording had to be careful... but he'd had the entire morning to think it over. Many things had to be accomplished to result in the proper conclusion, and it all began in this moment of... once again, absolute truth. "On my honor as your knight, I will state my ambition. I will rise to Camelot with my queen as my guiding force. At the Once King's downfall, I, the Future King, shall rise. I will play my role in ensuring you sit upon not the throne you desire, but the throne you deserve. If you are to be the queen to my status as king, no harm shall come to you─ the ground you walk upon will impose your lingering will on naysayers left behind your grace. I offer you this binding oath, so long as I have a place beside you." As he spoke, Arthur was enveloped by a golden light. Kolin wanted an apology, did she? Well, this was her getting one. Arthur was bound to this oath by the Nexus itself, yet... due to some specific word choice, he ensured a few loopholes for himself, provided Kolin was not one of honor in the future.

"Oi oi, that isn't even really possible. Besides, this form is medium premium. Even if I managed to gain weight, I'd only go on to look like I should." she scoffed about weight gain but all in good fun. She couldn't even continue in her playful anger when the man mentioned that she could steal the whole of Kolin's harem by use of a single exposed wrist. She laughed hysterically, it was too much, if her drink had been an actual drink it would have sprayed everywhere. "Bwahahahaha!~ Oh, no. Stop... that's too much~" she finally managed after catching her breath. She was quite sure she could keep most men from doing her any real harm. Most women too, since she oozed trustworthiness... besides all of that though, there wasn't much to be done. While she calmed herself from her laughing fit though, Cador made clear that he meant her and Lot could have gotten along. A scoff escaped the white haired young woman in the moment she couldn't help it. "Desire for upward mobility being what it is, I have no doubt that he would indeed like me. Too bad, I've already seen the worst of him and I am not impressed~" she said with an equally snarky retort. Lot was a strange topic perhaps she found something about his character that she as a person simply couldn't tolerate.

Still on the more serious part of their conversation, Cador had strange words for the lass. According to him, she did only what the world needed of her, and he claimed at least three of them were grateful that they'd shown up when they had. A small smile appeared on Merlyn's face. She had tried, though she'd been allowing Arthur to get more acclimated to the world, she'd wanted him to experience the strangeness of players in smaller doses. She'd never intended for him to run into the possible worst one, but all potentials she saw as they took the path forward said it was best. "Sir Cador, you really know how to make a girl feel better. My favorite Knight and maybe my emotional support Knight. I never had one of those before~" she teased happily. "You would have earned her ire, but it would have taken a few days. Emilia would have saved herself and slaughtered those men, but she also would have encased herself in ice in the process. Lot would have told Kolin you were trying to thaw her in the forest. She would have used it to question your loyalty, it would have been an ordeal and a half." Merlyn explained the gist of the situation passed as if it was the what-if chapter of a manga. She really enjoyed those alternate timeline things, how fitting she ended up basically able to create her own story like that here. As for her being a wicked puppet master, apparently she was one, but not necessarily too wicked. A smirk appeared on her face as she sipped from her mug holding it in both her hands. "Not many I swear. Once I realized I had such an effect on literally everyone... I decided I liked mankind enough to want them to retain their free will around me, which while boring was a lot funner in the end. The few who see me are able to do so by their own will~" Such a statement made the difference between one like Merlyn and one like Kolin.

Speaking of Kolin, she'd given Arthur the go ahead to pledge his oath... and what an oath it was. Her eyes widened at every word and she eventually shifted in the tub to get a good look at him. His words were absolutely honest, so much so that he was enveloped by the light of the Nexus. She'd not seen someone manage such an oath in quite a long time. Her eyes widened a great deal and a grin spread across her face. He swore on his honor as her Knight. He'd take Camelot and cause the fall of the Once King. He'd get her not just the throne she desired but the one she deserved. He offered such a binding oath and it was the best one she'd ever received. She'd demanded an apology she hadn't expected one of this magnitude. "My word you learn quickly, Arthur~" she chimed. She was quite unable to deny her own happiness in the moment. He'd do exactly as she wished and that was a special sort of satisfactory. "I can accept this oath from you... as the world does. And I will also take it as your apology. You really are a sweet man. It will make me happy to see the heights you'll reach at my side. You may stay. It would please me to have you around for a while," she answered the lad. How giddy she was, she laid back in the bath and had to hold back an excited utterance.

"Oh trust me, it is very possible. At least, for those who take the laziest route," Cador insisted, having seen a few select individuals plump up over time. Lot was actually one such person, prior to Kolin requiring more of him than his fattened form would allow. Perhaps Merlin would have preferred that version of the man? The thought alone was almost as funny as… well, the idea of Merlyn enjoying Lot's presence in general. After Merlyn managed to calm her hysterical laughter, she commented on the concept of Lot taking an interest in her. That much wasn't up for debate. Lot was a reasonably strong knight, but his morals were clear. There were so many reasons he would attach himself to one like Merlyn, not the least of which was her ability to make something of him. "The worst, you say? I'm almost afraid to ask, considering Kolin's earlier summons─" he said, clearing his throat thereafter.

The favored, supportive knight. That sounded about right up Cador's alley, even in the case of Queen Kolin. He could more easily accept the title from Merlyn, though; it didn't come with a side of disgust for him. Merlyn went on to explain what would have happened, had she and Arthur not arrived when they did. Cador couldn't have dealt with such a thing. Emilia getting herself out of that situation would have been far worse than Cador incriminating himself, and Lot was always going to be a hindrance if given the opportunity to gain leverage. Thinking about how everyone was in this kingdom, he couldn't wait to leave it behind. Hopefully, Arthur could prove himself worthwhile enough. "Merlyn, you speak of your attachment to mankind as if you are a goddess yourself. I suppose Clairvoyance comes with some amount of deification; you could have easily made the opposite decision and been just as satisfied. Would it be rude of me to call you the other side to Kolin's coin?"

As the Nexus' light faded, Arthur was met by the queen's direct gaze. She seemed infinitely pleased by his oath, which meant... he had succeeded thus far. With the acceptance of his oath, he crossed his right arm over his chest and lowered his head once more. "If it pleases you, I will stay. I am ever grateful for your acceptance," he said, once again in truth. If she hadn't accepted this oath of his, he would have been in quite the pickle overall. Because she did, though, he could move toward the next stage. She claimed it would please her to have him around for awhile, but what of it? "Is there something you require of me?"

"Hahahaha~" Merlyn's laughter was back once more. She couldn't help it, now she was thinking about the red haired knight known as lot being quite fat to go along with that bad attitude. That was way too funny. It almost made her earlier traumatizing experience worth while. "That laugh, was a good one. It almost makes up for that thing I had to witness earlier. And his absolute worst, is the way he treats his younger brother… who by all means deserves everything he is going to get, but it still doesn't really sit right with me for two related people to behave in such a way. Besides all that… He's really only a shallow step ahead~" Merlyn said these words with a knowing smirk and some strange emphasis. Merlyn was quite amused by the entirety of this conversation. Such randomly good moments were what she lived for at this point. There was something quite comforting in knowing what this world could bring and the happiness of such people even if only for a moment in their dreams was worth chasing.

Ah, her attachment to mankind. It was quite interesting to think about it. She was indeed an outsider and it was something she readily accepted. "I'm an outsider. A navigator tool for mankind. Wishing your journey would last forever!~" she said offering the man a wink. Strangely, Merlyn knew that she wouldn't have been as satisfied if she'd made the opposite decision, but who she was as a person, hadn't changed at all, even when becoming something other than human. She knew she wasn't really human in this form. She didn't think like a human, she didn't act like a human. But she still liked humans, someone like Kolin and even further back to her base as the evil goddess, didn't actually like people. "I would say, that it isn't necessarily rude. Objectively, it is pretty true. Beyond what we are in the here and now, the base of our existences are similar. The difference lies in the choices we make…" she said.

Kolin on the other hand couldn't have been happier. This young lad was really her type and his desire to be King Arthur Pendragon was an ambition to match her own. She really enjoyed him as an idea. He even had the right way of speaking to her down in such a short amount of time. A large smile spread across her face, she could really get used to having him around. "I currently have no requirements of you. I simply wish to look at you for a while… I find you relaxing and easy on the eyes~" she said which was a strange request indeed. Kolin's whims were really far-fetched. She truly just wanted to look at the lad. Watch him bask in her nude glory and use it as more leverage. He's sworn an oath to her, but she needed in the next few moments to make sure he'd understand exactly all he'd be missing out on if he found himself outside of her good graces again. A few moments more in the bath and she was getting out. Dripping wet atop a fur rug. She dried herself and began walking around her room in the nude. She intended for Arthur to watch her, and she intended to be seen. When she was satisfied that he understood what a privilege this was, she'd send him back to his duties.

"It's all true. He was the butt of a few jokes in the early days. 'Fat Lot of good you are,' and such," Cador quoted for reference to Lot's former physique. It really was a hoot back then, and even now. Merlyn laughed, and Cador wore a grin that constantly threatened to become its own fit of hysteria. In fact, he snorted a laugh when Merlyn implied the pitiful state of Lot beyond what he would have known. "You can't be serious? I never considered her as one to downgrade," he chimed. Being the whore that she was, one could assume Kolin only bedded bigger and better as life carried on. Well, at least he knew another reason Lot probably held such animosity toward him. What a shame that was. "Poor Lot."

Merlyn may have been an outsider, but she spoke as if she didn't belong among mankind. Cador could assume she'd been alone in this world for even longer than he initially thought. Kolin, and whatever other identities she had, did not belong. Merlyn titled herself as just what Cador would consider her. Well… almost. "A navigator, who could make mankind her tool at the drop of a hat. Chooses instead to secure mankind's future, even sparing men ─ aside from me, apparently ─ from the curse of looking at a succubus. Is this the part where I find out exactly how similar you two are? Maybe you're just taking the slow and steady approach, and you're trying to wear me down every time I look at you without that hood," he said in a tone of jest, despite such a thing being an almost legitimate concern for one like him.

Strange. Arthur hadn't expected such a simple answer as Kolin wanting to… look at him. That couldn't be right. Nothing could be so simple. No, the greater truth came to light when Kolin removed herself from the bath and sauntered around in her birthday suit. There may have been some accuracy to her claim, but… she surely wanted his eye. She could have what she desired. Still on one knee, Arthur let his gaze follow the blonde queen around, starting the moment she became visible. He could honestly appreciate the view; of this there was no doubt. Kolin boasted a figure that should have been regarded as impossible, only found in the world of fantasy. There was so much in all the right places, one could only imagine most men could approach without any idea what to do with it. So, as was the case with his oath, there was nothing short of earnestness in his appraisal of the queen... physically. "You flatter me far too much with your compliments, your Grace. If I may be so bold, your appeal is something beyond the wildest imaginings. I fully understand why you are coveted by so many."

Lot had apparently been the butt of several jokes when he was chubby. Such things only brought more giggles to the likes of Merlyn. She couldn't help it, she was trying to imagine how a fat person, became skinny and had the time to become so high and mighty as he currently was. "Hehehehehe~" she managed, barely keeping it together. "Come on now. I might die laughing today~" she mused, there was so much laughter in her body she was almost certain she could die from it. What was more, her meaning was taken as she intended it and he claimed not to realize she'd downgrade. "To get what she wants she doesn't really care about such things. Especially when one considers her need for worship, she lets praise make up the difference. Though if you are far enough below her standards she won't even touch you. The young King hasn't quite figured that one out yet. He's uh… a tragedy really." Merlyn mentioned. She felt the slightest bit sorry for the lad, and would have been a bit more helpful to him, except… that much of what was wrong here was due in large part to his spineless behavior and his inability to stop thinking with that non-existent second brain in his pants.

Beyond that it seemed that Sir Cador had a grand opinion of Merlyn. He figured at any point she could have made mankind into a tool and used them. His words implied he considered her decision to spare the most of mankind outside of himself to be a great thing. He even went on to joke about finding out how similar Kolin and her could be based on her potentially taking the slow and steady approach with him. "You really think I'd have that type of patience~ Of course not, what you see is pretty much what you get," Merlyn said of her own demeanor and nature. Her words just as jovial as they'd always been. "Still, you're my favorite Knight… so the curse is one of the benefits~" she said happily. "I wouldn't take advantage without your express permission, Succubus' Honor", she said crossing her fingers over her chest and managing a smile which was mostly innocent. Of course she could have covered her face and spared the knight from having to fight against her wiles. Still, she felt like moments alone with Sir Cador were one of few she could feel comfortable as herself. His will was quite strong and she appreciated his ability to resist that which his very nature might have encouraged from him.

While Merlyn enjoyed Sir Cador in a way she presently enjoyed no others. Kolin was getting a great deal of appreciation from Arthur. She could almost feel the lad's eyes on her. And every time she looked she caught glimpses of his eyes traversing her form. 'Oh? He really does know what he's here for… good.' she thought to herself. Only to become more excited by virtue of the fact that the lad thought to compliment her form in rather good fashion. While she dressed she paused to look in his direction earnestly. "I can appreciate this bit of boldness. A lady does love her compliments after all~" she said. Accepting her compliments in happiness and with grace. She walked by Arthur, pausing to place a hand under his chin turning his face up to gently look him in the eyes. "Truly… I like such sentiments from you," she said staring at the lad, such was her usual scheme. She made men feel quite special by allowing them such small things initially. By the time she was ready to break them in, they were drooling over her. Still, this lad was quite pretty to look at to start with, she simply couldn't let her own desire to possess him physically go too far ahead of his training to be at her side. With that said she continued on about her way. She'd finish dressing and once it was done she'd happily stand before Arthur. "You're dismissed, I did appreciate your company, Arthur." she said releasing the lad from his stay in her chambers. Internally she was so bemused she could almost die. But externally she had to play this cool a while longer. She'd feed him a bit more attention, corral him in… then she'd get rid of Merlyn and rope him into her next shift. Leaving behind that pitiful Leorio for one who had more to offer than both him and his brother combined.

"Oh? Die, of laughter, in a dream? I guess you are counted as being your true self in here, huh?" Cador questioned, deciding to roll with the present good mood and have a bit of fun. "So, does this legitimize the 'die in the dream, die for real' concept? I've always been curious about that one, but surely it must apply to succubi." Jestful musings at their end, the high spirits persisted. King Leorio was referred to as a tragedy, and Cador had to agree wholeheartedly. After that pitiful display in the throne room earlier, he knew exactly what the white-haired woman spoke of. "I am well aware. I happened to have a magnifying glass when he was priming himself to hump the leg of his mistress during court. That really was a show; I hope you were watching."

Aside from having fun at the expense of Lot and Leorio, Cador intended to have a bit at Merlyn's expense as well. Of course, this was a bit more difficult to manage, but... that was fine. If he put himself on the chopping block as well, they could both be entertained. As such, he spared no words. "Not a single truth, Merlyn. What I see is so much more than what there is. My composure aside, I currently see you in the same light Kolin's pets see her, I'm sure. You should be of little importance to me, yet I experience a constant craving that I should never feel for anyone─ someone I've known for so little time especially. As for the honor of a succubus, I refuse to believe there is any. Though, if you'd like to pretend there is..." He paused there, shaking his head and taking another swig of ale. His thoughts and emotional state had finally caught up to one another, providing him a certain clarity he could only have in that exact moment. "Oh, look at me. Spilling my guts to the person currently consuming the dream from around me, and drinking it out of a mug at that. I suppose I did already grant permission, didn't I? It's hardly fair."

The queen donned her garbs for the day, and Arthur kept his eyes peeled all the while. The thought of killing this woman was still the last thing he wanted to do, but was there any way to restore her humanity? Was there ever any within her from the start? These were the questions Arthur couldn't shake, but at least he could enjoy a satisfying view before that decision became final. In commenting on the receiving of his compliments, Kolin took him by the chin. Arthur smiled, exuding no animosity at all. He didn't have any to give. "I'm glad I could please," he said. With that, he was dismissed. Rising from the floor at last, he collected his items and donned them piece by piece. The blonde male would take his leave, but at the doorway, he had one more thing to say. "Farewell. If there is anything more you require of me, I am at your service. To the fall of this kingdom, and well beyond. All for a goddess." These final words from Arthur were quite pointed in a specific direction. The complex he knew this woman had... Surely being acknowledged by the title she coveted, as if she could be viewed as such a thing even now, would serve as an additional step. Beyond that, he knew Zuria was all but destined to collapse in the wake of Kolin. To present the idea of him being faithful beyond such a thing, was something Arthur viewed as a necessary clause.

Cador's question of her being her true self in this dream deserved an answer. She supposed she could easily explain herself to this man. "I am my true self wherever I appear. And where I appear other things are as real as I want them to be..." she said with a gentle chuckle. "Dying of laughter is a bit of an exaggeration. The one called Merlyn does not know death. That may or may not apply to other succubi, as far as I know I'm the last or only... I forget which one at this point~" she mentioned... perhaps she'd been a bit too thorough when she'd created the lore for this Avatar. "And yes, if you are killed in a dream where I am you could actually die, since my own whimsy determines the reality of the dreams I am in," there were some pluses to being in control of dreams to the extent that she was. Perhaps she'd eventually get to explain all of them. Or perhaps, he'd eventually experience them. Yet another laugh, "Hahaha~ A magnifying glass," she was too amused. "And yes, I was watching... which is how I know his fall from grace is quite great. He doesn't even know that he's bad off..." she said of the boy king.

Moving right along, apparently this man thought that Merlyn hadn't spoken the truth about herself. According to him, she had to be more than she seemed. He claimed he saw her in a light similar to what had to be on the minds of Kolin's pets. That she should mean little to him and yet he was as comfortable around her as an old friend. The smile on Merlyn's face didn't change. Still she found herself looking at the man to her side as his emotional state finally seemed to catch up to him. In this moment she felt she could actually help, still first things first... a joke. "Of course I drink out of a mug within the dream. I'm still a lady you know~" she joked in mock outrage. But there were other topics to broach. "Well, you certainly did tell me you'd offer me the hospitality of your dreams. And it's fairly true that you likely see me in a better light than you'd see a random stranger but such is the nature of an existence like mine. Which is why I wanted you to trust me a bit before you saw me. How else could I be sure of the motivations of it?" she said softly. "Still, within a dream like this I have many abilities. I could cure what ails you... I don't mean physically. Well I could do that too... but I mean here," she said placing a single hand over her heart. "Still, I'm the only succubus so the honor that is based on is whatever mine is currently worth. I'd rather let people like you determine that~" she said with a bit of a chuckle. Her demeanor was always friendly and a little outgoing. She considered herself very much outside of humanity but didn't intend to leave this man out in the cold with his obvious stresses. She'd take what he'd offered, but she'd also actually give in return. Yet another marked difference between her and the woman who appeared on the other side of the coin of the same type of existence.

At the same time, after Kolin dressed Arthur said his parting words. These words... they were definitely ones she wanted to hear, needed to hear!. All for the Queen, the Knights usually said. All of them were fools, mere tools for her use, not recognizing exactly how far she would eventually go. She feared all would eventually be left behind as she reached for greater and greater heights, but this boy... this beautiful blonde boy!!! "You please me more than you know. Do know if I find use for you... I will call. And I am most certain, you'll go far beyond the likes of a kingdom like this~" she chimed happily. This boy had no idea how high he'd soared. He was clever enough to realize already that this kingdom was a mere stepping stone. He was loyal enough to swear an oath to help her get where she deserved to be. Not some paltry queen for some regular person to share her titles. No. She was definitely going to be a goddess. And she'd keep him at her side. Consort would be alright for King Arthur Pendragon. Not on the same level, but not nearly as low as the knights she planned to leave far below. She'd reign as a goddess once more and he'd help her achieve this goal... and when she was worshipped and praised for her beauty above all others, he'd be at the front of the line to see her beauty. She'd allow him more than any other after being certain of him. Perhaps later she'd pick his brain for more. Find out exactly what else he had in mind for her advances. With his contemplative nature, he was sure to be useful to her upward advancement, while being such a nice face to look at.

With just a few words, Cador was able to understand the existence that was Merlyn more clearly. He couldn't imagine what that felt like. She walked in realms unknown to those other than herself, able to freely determine what would be considered reality. Beyond that, there was no concept of death surrounding Merlyn. Whether it applied to other succubi or not, didn't really matter. Cador had never known or heard of another, and he didn't intend to if just one of them was going to be like this. Yes, just one was fine. "That is all quite ridiculous. I've never been more satisfied to not know anything like a succubus," he said, apparently not even excluding Merlyn from the clause. Controlling reality around oneself was beyond reasonable, but he couldn't count Merlyn as one who fit the general idea of a succubus. At least that was more reasonable than the thought of King Leorio accomplishing anything with his... methods. "That is honestly a shame. Maybe he should have downloaded the M-rated package, and made use of the genital sliders. I hear there are people doing crazy things with that one─"

A lady, as Merlyn insisted, drinking from a mug. Cador supposed there was once a time of that being accurate, but coming from an entirely different era made the notion somewhat laughable. To go along with Merlyn's mock outrage, Cador offered a mock surrender by raising both hands. Fair enough, it seemed Merlyn's effort was to groom him, in a way. Harboring faith prior to unveiling something like succubus physiology was a reasonable enough tactic, though he wondered if that didn't make matters worse in the long-run. Well... worse was objective. He could say better, but his answer would vary from moment to moment. Another look toward Merlyn through the corner of his eye, and Cador found himself finally not looking away. Her hand was against her chest, and she spoke of curing what ailed him. How curious. "Is that so? While I believe you have the ability, how exactly do you plan on doing something like that?" he asked.

Another good decision by Arthur. Taking advantage of a god complex was easier than he could have imagined. Finally, things were coming together nicely. Arthur had the remainder of this day, and presumably another full day to take advantage of Kolin's weakness. In response to her proclamation, he halted his leave. A turn and a bow reinitiated the knight's departure. "I look forward to it. I will be nearby, waiting as patiently as I can to hear from you again. Humbly, I request you be lenient with me if I seem antsy in the meantime~"

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast