Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Zuria Kingdom

Oh? A curious one, and what was more... he took an actual interest in her work?! Oh this was almost a dream come true. After having one like Leorio at her side as a co-ruler she'd almost forgotten what it was like to have someone be a bit mentally capable as well. "Oh? Well I can speak since you enjoy it so much. I will also explain since you're so new to the world and my plan is rather detailed. And I will of course, keep this sweet voice of mine going~" she said more than happy to hear herself speak. Beyond all of this, explaining the nature of her expansion was good. "My new seat of power is a place... like a pleasure palace, full of women and all kinds of fun. Set up to be a place of enjoyment and indulgence," she said of her place. "That palace is known as Dis and the surrounding lands are all mine~" she mentioned of this place. "Obviously there needs to be people. A place of indulgence requires servants, pretty faces and other such people. We have to appeal to the masses to get them to flock there... so I've been collecting such people. In great varieties and to keep them where they need to be I created a barcodes. They can be scanned so you'll be able to identify them and return them to the areas or patrons they belong to, if they happen to wander off. Not that they can leave the kingdom itself, anyone who has a barcode is unable to remove it, and unable to leave the bounds of Dis~" she explained hinting at the greater purpose of her Knights within her kingdom and revealing some rather strange practices. "Lots of women and men to belong to my kingdom, but I can't always trust their allegiances. Some won't just swear an oath to do the jobs I need of them like you knights do. They have to be corralled. There is also the problem of those who wouldn't want to actually please patrons, even though they've already been barcoded and are members of the Kingdom," she mentioned thoughtfully reading. "But at least one of the women who works for me has a solution. A former nun at that which makes this all the better because they'll trust her help without thinking of the ulterior motives. She figured out how to keep our Demi-Human population in check and as such... I can keep anyone in check. A seal to keep pregnancies from happening, and also one to alter their personalities. Make them want to do their duties and serve patrons, even if they didn't come along willingly. Having them act as willing neigh excited employees for all of my patrons to grow my kingdom to the height it needs to reach!" Kolin had started speaking about the overall plan and it'd gotten more and more demented. She was speaking of enslaving people, of abusing their bodies even if they didn't volunteer for it. And she was doing so as if it was the most normal thing in the world. "Hell, something that alters the personality of those its applied to, will make even people like Emilia and Guin able to be kept in Dis. They won't run off if their prudish personalities are shifted ... and Cador won't care to look after them anymore if they are just sluts like all the others!~ His attention will be all for me, none wasted on lessers. And I'll be able to keep them all as my servants now!~ Isn't that great?!" She literally was excited about turning people into sex slaves of literally sacrificing a countless number of people who didn't volunteer to her pleasure palace of a city and altering their minds if they refused to act accordingly. All of this just to get revenge against people who technically hadn't killed her, just taken the power which had corrupted her already lackluster personality.

While Kolin's ego had her revealing the most dastardly part of her plans to Arthur. A now amused Merlyn was playing the part of a demented sorceress. Since, Cador was content to live up to the part of the loyal lapdog she could at least do her part here. "Ah yes, surely I pale in comparison to the Whore of Babylon. I guess all girls can't live up to that kind of hype~ Some day, someone will appreciate the premium of a decent personality and not just the physical manifestation of beauty she hides the rest of her ugliness behind. And on that day, I may save everyone from their pitiful existences~" scoffed the sorceress. If she didn't sound confident this whole play would work. Regardless, she'd save her personality shift for the all clear, which she knew Sir Cador to be tracking given his own personality.

Arthur was about to receive a great deal of information, and... far more than he could have expected, or wanted. How deranged could one person be? Things started off relatively tame when Kolin's mouth first open to begin her explanation, but the more those lips moved, the more demented her intentions were. Moreover, the idea of a woman like her running what seemed to be a country-sized brothel was astounding. Given how she was, what would she do the moment one of her prostitute slaves attracted more attention than she did? No, surely such a thing was only possible in Kolin's mind after it was an apparent truth─ that was just how she functioned. "Sou─" Arthur stammered, undoubtedly bewildered by what the queen had to say. He had to think for a moment; there hadn't been this much of a struggle since his first mishap with the queen occurred. Ah, she was one who could easily be appeased with some flattery, wasn't she? That would give him the time to think properly. "Are you sure that will work?" he questioned, going farther into detail to avoid being misconstrued once again. "I mean... If you are the queen of this place, I can hardly imagine anyone else catching the patrons' eyes. Would they not just be lining up by the dozen, all vying for your attention?" Genius, Arthur. He could hope the additional speech there served as a buffer to avoid some crazed reaction from his questioning of her. Regardless, he'd managed to come up with... something. "Either way, that is certainly a lot to take in. The body does as the mind wants, so adjust the mind as you see fit. Shame, though. They should surely all be willing to follow you," he added, offering just a bit more false belief in the queen's magnitude.

Ah, but he was digressing from the point. Kolin offered a query at the end, which was surely not one meant to be disagreed with. Though he seemed to be contemplating all the while, Arthur managed to smile during his conclusory speech. "A magnificent plan for a goddess of your standing! The inconsistencies of others is the only fault I have, but... it seems you've found an answer to even that. I am honestly in awe~" spoke the knight.

The show of Cador and Merlyn would not stop just yet. A few Quasi Spirits had been left in Cador's wake, all so he could be sure when the previous guards were out of earshot. They were still moving, but all too slowly. The last few would hear the final words of Merlyn, and for the grand finale... they would also hear Cador's most fitting retort. This would get them moving faster. "I do believe I've had enough of your wretched mouth, sorceress," he said, seeming to have quite the attitude about him. The last thing those straggling guards heard was the creaking of a cell's opening, and then, that same cell's door slamming shut. Cador had entered the cage with Merlyn, as if he intended to deliver great punishment. Alas, the guards went running when they realized they could not be in the vicinity of a combat-ready Cador. His Quasi Spirits alerted him to their departure, and the façade fell away. Cador even stifled a guffaw, grinning as he leaned against the cell door. "What do you think? A+?"

Arthur received one aspect of Kolin's plan. It seemed he was in awe, that was good. Everyone should worship her might, whether it be physically or simply in quiet reflection of how great she was. Of course, this soon came with a question, this lad was very bad at interpreting her before, it was time to see if he understood his place better now. She listened to his question with a quirked brow and found his way of asking... acceptable. "Aren't you a clever boy, seeing that problem so quickly?~" she said in the sweetest way possible. Such a statement might have actually been properly a compliment if not for the way she so obviously treated most people. "Of course, I considered all of these things. They'll all be vying for my attention, after all... I am going to be the unattainable star attraction. Nothing like a podium and a head above all others to set yourself apart from the riffraff that starts the attraction. Like a show opener before the main event. Besides, I have no intention to giving myself to any but my chosen who have earned such things... everyone else will simply give me what I ask for, with the littlest amount I can be bothered to give them in return. Besides, with those other little things to hold them over, they'll be more likely to give me what I want and remember that I am something far above their standard, something they can't have!~" the brilliance of this plan could not be stopped. She fully intended to exploit others to the fullest and be the absolute best as she could. They wouldn't be able to leave, nor would they be able to complain... and any who started to garner a greater following than her own would be downsized and eliminated swiftly. And with someone like Arthur around to fully understand and appreciate her planning skills she could feel satisfied that all of her work wasn't going to waste. His further compliments only served to inflate her ego and make her even happier that he was the one she brought along. "Of course, you're in awe, a woman with my kind of drive is a rare find," she fluffed herself up more before completely addressing the point but such was her way. "To be a goddess one needs a following. I'll trap them all and get their devotion, even if they have to start with the bodies of the less deserving. Each and every coin they spend will go into my coffers and eventually I'll be able to rise to my proper place once more." she explained of the overarching plan. She would be a goddess again, even if she had to enslave and sexually exploit the entire continent to make that happen. Her plan didn't care about the lives of anyone else involved, she simply wanted her place and she'd do anything to get it, while not compromising specifically herself.

While Arthur managed to avoid the wrath of Kolin, Merlyn seemed to be earning the ire of Cador. The other guards around him, seemed to flee as he bombarded the cell she was in, mostly to shut her up. Or at least that is how it looked from the outside. Granted, Sir Cador was a very good actor, he seemed to have no problem looking as if he planned to murder the lass, and inspiring the remaining slow moving guards to figure they wanted to be nowhere near when the punishment of the mouthy sorceress ensued. A few moments later and Merlyn was looking a bit shocked only to have to stifle a giggle of her own. "Shishi~" she took a moment before she could respond. "Yeah, definitely an A+, if I couldn't see the future I might have actually thought I was about to be punished by the Spirit Knight for speaking poorly of his patroness~" she mocked with nothing but amusement in her eyes. "Sleep well?" she asked in her general carefree manner. She knew all was going as well as could be expected.

Clever, was he? Only slightly─ this much he knew. For the most part, Arthur was only passively reacting to the words spoken by Kolin, while processing how ridiculous her plans were. She actually considered herself one worth being on some podium above the women she enslaved as whores─ one who would address none of her patrons, bar the favorite few she counted as servants. She was lazy, manipulative, and quite the control freak overall. Was there something that made her this way? Well, it likely didn't matter. Delusions of grandeur were more than apparent at this point, so what was there to do about it? Arthur understood that Cador was on his side, but there were numerous who seemed legitimately faithful to Queen Kolin; they couldn't face them alone while having others like Guinevere and Emilia to look after. With what Kolin revealed here as well, was something to be very concerned about as potential backlash. "So your plan is to leave patrons endlessly settling for the women beneath you, forever hoping for the day they can climb their way up a ladder... while also being higher than that ladder reaches. Sou ka," he mused. This was far more dangerous than he could have thought, and there was presently no definite way of stopping it. This would have to be discussed sooner, rather than later. . .

In receiving an A+ for his acting effort, Cador bowed in his usual over-the-top manner. There was something quite satisfactory about performing in such a way; their audience contained such fools. One could wonder what future lay ahead of them; how would things go if they could put this entire kingdom's ordeals in the past? It was something to strive for. "I'm glad I could put on a satisfying show. If I may add, though, your performance was also incredible," he stated. Ah, the casual banter before any serious discussion. It felt so natural, Cador couldn't change a thing. Such was true even of the jest which came along with Merlyn's initial query. "I slept terribly, as a matter of fact. If memory serves me, I believe my dreams consisted of some awful demon teasing me half to death before sauntering off into the distance to leave me with my suffering. The stuff of nightmares, really~"

Kolin found it amusing that Arthur seemed to understand exactly what her plan was. It was quite abnormal for any of the other men to listen beyond the 'starting a brothel kingdom' part of the explanation. Most were content with the idea of that alone. Though that was likely because they hadn't yet realized that if she'd shared herself with them already, she had no real intention of sharing them with those she considered beneath herself. "That's really great you know. I can't always be sure anyone is listening to me properly. I chose well this time~" she said seemingly pleased with the idea that Arthur had been able to take the information she gave him and give his own more simplified version. It hinted at higher order thought than most of her Knights were capable of. It was definitely the case that she'd chosen the right one to be her potential King above the others. Besides all of that, it always ended up being her stroking her own ego at the end, but such was always the case with one such as Kolin. "Of course, now if Hector would just come back, we'd be in business... Crossing that desert safely to get into the new Kingdom is the last great feat I need to complete," she said to Arthur. Now that he'd himself an active listener she supposed letting him know a few more details wouldn't hurt anything. After all, he might actually be of more use than one like Leorio. "Ah, but I suppose you don't know why that desert isn't passable... should I grant you a history lesson, Arthur?" she asked of the lad as she walked out of the aviary. She was on her way to a study within the Castle, one she kept under lock and key but she'd allow this man inside with her.

While Arthur spent his time being mortified by the true plans of Kolin, Merlyn had a good time chatting it up with Cador. Outside of his dream state the man was still so full of reasonable humor it brought a bit more happiness to her own mood as well. When he commented upon her performance she had the grace to pretend to look sheepish turning away under her hood and waving him off. "Oh stop it, that was nothing. Just a little improv to make sure no one suspects anything~ Besides your performances have a lot more reach than mine~" Merlyn mentioned seeming to be a bit wistful once more. Beyond this their still joking communication extended, to chats about his sleep. "Oh? How strange, my night was equally weird. I thought I was having a nice cuppa by a quiet hearth, chatting it up with this incredibly charming knight. And then I was stripped naked in the middle of a cold harsh winter. It was quite startling really~ Haven't had the random naked dream since I was young~ Must just be a coincidence~" she chimed finding the entire thing funny beyond reason. "I do hope your waking hours are more pleasant for you~" she mused in their bantering manner. Still she remembered this man's apparent desire to have her naked in his presence. If he was sure of that he could do so again at his leisure, but... given her own nature Merlyn wouldn't take advantage of his physical self any more than she'd taken advantage of his dream self. "Arthur will be wanting to talk soon as well, whenever he manages to actually shake Kolin. I wonder if I should just dream conference when he's alone again. It'd be a bit invasive but that would work for everyone's privacy."

"Rest assured, my queen. I am always listening. What sort of knight and Future King would I be otherwise?" Arthur questioned. He truly believed it necessary to keep an open ear when vying for success of any sort, so he would always remain attentive. Such would especially be the case while he heard the ludicrous plan of Kolin. Ah, and there was even more to come. As they departed from the aviary, Kolin spoke of an impassable desert, of which he knew nothing. Crossing said desert would mark the conclusion of her journey to greater heights, and she saw fit to question his interest in the very place she sought. A lore-based lesson was quite high on the list of what Arthur needed. More importantly, knowing more about this crazed woman's plans was absolutely necessary. "If you see fit to fill me in, I would very much like to hear it. I am missing a great deal of knowledge about this world," he admitted.

Merlyn's sheepish visage would not work on Cador. Upon seeing it, he even scoffed and turned his head. "Don't go being modest now, Merlyn. You were making a grand show of things earlier~" he said. Moving on though, Merlyn claimed to have a strange dream of her own. What an absurd thing it was, as well. "A charming knight had you stripped naked? That sounds quite familiar, actually. I do hope yours ended in a more satisfying manner than mine did. I woke stiff as a board, not a semblance of relief in sight. Needless to say, I am also hoping my waking hours are more... pleasant," the knight continued, managing to sound playfully distraught throughout his speech. "As for Arthur, I am sure he will be fine. I've had a few chances to speak with him recently, and he is progressing nicely. This may end well for him after all. At least, that is what I believe based on his current mental development."

"Oh? Well I'll have to keep that in mind~" she said thinking about it logically the fact that he was always listening was indeed a plus. It was definitely proactive of him to at least try and retain the information he was being given. He'd already proven himself to be leaps and bounds above Leorio physically, but also proving to have that same amount of headstart mentally was appreciable. when asked if he'd like a lesson in world lore, the lad answered 'yes' which was about what Kolin expected so she let him into her study and after he was inside she'd shut and lock the door. In the middle of this room was a very strange map of the world. It was strangely enchanted and showed current land masses in a double layered three dimensional set. "Of the land below, we're are here, on this continent." she said pointing. It was a vast area, mountainous on the western side and white capped and on the east, a vast desert of giant proportions. Strangely enough, on this same map there was a large chunk of land, floating over head, exactly over where the desert was. "There was once a Kingdom here... it ascended to the upper realm. When someone has a kingdom established and reaches certain criteria, they become Ruler. And they ascend along with their lands, into the upper realm. That happened with the desert kingdom sometime ago," she explained. "Because of that, the creatures which fall from the edges down to this place are quite powerful, they stir up trouble in the desert. It becomes impossible to just cross it without some method of travel being secured," she explained casually. "Riders with high speed vehicles or weaponized ones, stand a pretty decent chance, but otherwise, just getting across and to where my Kingdom is here," she said pointing. "Is pretty difficult. Obviously, I have no intention of taking a risk of my own to cross the desert. And as I am no longer a rider, I don't have any way to cross this place. So, I am trying to secure transport for myself and my Knights, that is the errand I have Hector on," she explained the whole of the situation along with the lore necessary for him to understand the nature of their present threat. "There is supposedly a pirate with a ship who sails that desert like its nothing. I plan to hitch a ride across, and maybe abuse him to keep transport open between us and the other places which still stand. After all, trapping everyone within my new Kingdom is the ultimate plan... which is why it has to be and sound appealing. Besides that... there is easy travel straight from this top kingdom down, which will also help out long term. People with higher levels and more money to spend all converging on Dis~" she explained of the lore and the difficulty traveling at lower levels versus higher levels.

A lesson in geography was a brew... strangely enough Merlyn had tried to give Arthur similar information. She wondered if he'd now realize what she'd meant when she said that Camelot was once nearby Saint Paul's. Ah, she supposed it didn't really matter long term, as long as he realized the potentials of the problems to be had in this world. Still there was the joking and teasing conversation at hand, and Merlyn would see herself entertained by it. "Oh? I truly didn't think it was too grand. But I'll have to take your word for it, Sir Cador," she mentioned seeming to lose all of that fake sheepishness in the moment. Her dream apparently wasn't too unfamiliar to Sir Cador. She could only wonder why. He claimed he'd woken stiff and hoped his day could be much better than his night had been. He wondered if her dream had ended in satisfaction. There were several cheeky things she had to say, "I figured waking stiffness was the main way men know they're alive upon waking. A natural order to the world and all that~" she scoffed seeming playfully dismayed. "Besides all of that my dream did not end in satisfaction, but such is the way when you place the choice in the hands of another. Still I wouldn't have it any other way~" she said with a small smirk appearing on her hooded face. "I have reasonably high hopes that my day will be even more entertaining than dreams~" she commented absently. The bit about Arthur made her nod her agreement, it didn't require much speech if any at all. So many possibilities for their time together, she wondered how it would go. So unusual for her, not knowing immediately. Still, she'd remain with her visage cloaked, she was quite serious about that choice belonging to someone else. She'd shown him exactly what would happen as a matter of course, and separated to make sure he'd understand what would happen if he spent too much time with her. No lies. No hidden agendas, her own personal form of chivalry, the choice of dealing with her and taking playful banter beyond was his to make.

"If it pleases you," was Arthur's initial retort. He went on to observe a map in this new room's center, albeit not before the strange occurrence of Kolin locking them inside. Either this was a well-kept secret location, or there was something else afoot... if not both. Either way, there was a great learning experience here for Arthur. When Merlyn spoke before about ascending and such things, this was what she meant─ the sky above was filled with kingdoms of higher standing than those at ground level? The natural assumption would have been that Camelot was now a place in the mountains, but no. "Interesting. King Leorio is of the Rider Class, is he not? Was that to be his purpose before─" Arthur paused, clearing his throat. He'd been prepared to point out the obvious uselessness of Leorio, but chose to refrain from doing so. "Forgive me. I should not speak ill of the king, should I?" A hand met his chin as he looked more intensely at the map, doing his best to memorize it. As he did so, he continued speaking. "A capable Rider to cross the desert filled with beasts of a stronger variety than we have down here. Even if someone could leave Dis in spite of the seals on them, I can't imagine the person who could make a trip out into a desert this size... even without the monsters. It's an unstoppable trap with only gain to be found for the one setting it."

Meanwhile, Cador continued dealing with the quippy nature of the sorceress Merlyn... of course by retaliating with his own. "It is a natural thing, true, but that is hardly the case after waking from a two-hour nap. That is something to be specifically blamed on a certain temptress. All things considered, though, she managed to take my breath away at a glance. Feel free to be jealous~" he mused. It was quite a shame that her dream also ended in disappointment. On the positive side, Merlyn had reason to believe her day would be more entertaining. He could say the same about his own waking hours, actually. In fact... he was quite sure there was nothing short of excitement ahead, whether for better or worse. "Well, we do have quite the eventful day or two ahead of us. Just maybe, we can find time in the midst of it all to right the problems our dreams caused us. I suppose I can settle for you, even after meeting that stunning demon~"

"It does~" mentioned Kolin. She did really enjoy talking especially when it was obvious that what she was saying was being paid attention to. It was another one of her odder quirks, that required her being the center of everything. This included her planning, male attention and eventually the world. Moreover, it seemed that Arthur was at least a little aware of the kind of use that Leorio should have had, and more over he spoke of the current level of uselessness said king possessed. A chuckle left Kolin, she did strangely enjoy other people putting Leorio down as well. "Oh no, in this case, you've taken no misstep. He is quite useless. His means of transport is far below what I would need for the movement of my remaining troops. Beyond that I have less faith that I wouldn't lose more simply by virtue of putting faith in him to get us there. Another is necessary... It pleases me you understand~" Kolin mused. He had no idea how pleased she was by his understanding. Having him here and now was more use to her than anything else. "I plan to make this entire place rise again. Once its up we set our sights here..." she said pointing. The place over the mountains, one of the rather large Kingdoms was the one he set his sight for. "That is Camelot. It was risen from this plane quite a long time ago... Artoria Pendragon and her little band of goody two shoes made that happen. That will eventually be your seat of power, when my Kingdom rises, I'll make sure you can take every step towards that one," she said softly. Such an offer was manipulative at its nature. She fully intended to have this boy claim every kingdom between hers and the one she meant to take down. Her plan was to dominate once more as a goddess, giving the lad every island between Dis and Camelot was hardly more work than she intended to start with.

A happy chuckle left Merlyn, she found this man's quips to be quite entertaining. "Eh? Jealous? I am jealous of no woman, demon or seductress... my standards are far beyond normal understanding~" she said with mock snippiness. "Though I do wonder, what kind of woman stirred the interest of the steadfast Spirit Knight~" she said with a teasing chuckle. Sir Cador funnily enough claimed he would settle for her even past his little demoness. "Ara ara, I'm sure we could do exactly that, I happen to know we have a lot of free time for now~ but... Oh goodness, I wonder how I should take that? I wouldn't want to be a man's second choice... perhaps it would be better to let the imagine of the woman in his dreams be the only one he sees~" she said with grin spreading on her face. "I wouldn't want to disappoint with this lowly visage of mine~" more teasing and fun words.

Much like earlier this day, Kolin managed only amusement in response to Leorio being acknowledged as... well, the scum that he truly was. It would be a long time before Arthur could remove those throne room images from his mind, and even then, the events themselves were repulsive. So, too, were some simple facts he knew about Leorio in general after the whole shebang. "Well, I'm glad you agree. This morning, I frankly had the misfortune of noticing something that I... cannot really fathom─" he said. Regardless of how the queen named Kolin was as a person, dealing with something like that was not something he would wish on his worst enemies. For a short while, he actually found himself wondering if Leorio was the reason Kolin turned out this way.

The queen brought up Camelot, pointing it out on the map and addressing Artoria Pendragon─ the woman who could only be Arthur's twin sister. He would get there one day, even if some strange turn of events got him there through Kolin. "Camelot in the sky. It is quite large. I can't imagine properly ruling it alone," he commented, giving thought to the idea of a joint rule between himself and Artoria... once he overcame her, at least. Surely she didn't have to die for him to fulfill his role as the Future King, right? "That will be quite the conquest. From Zuria, all the way to Camelot... and to the throne." For whatever reason, it seemed Arthur's excitement was rising. Ashikaga Kimiko would be found somewhere along the line, but if not... he'd have one hell of a viewpoint from all the way up there! All of his goals could be met in one fell swoop.

"H'oh? You're sure? I imagine you would disagree, if you saw her," Cador insisted. He even went so far as to raise a finger to drive home his point. "As for the type of woman she was to manage that... Well, she happened to be quite the charmer. Besides, between you and me, I don't think the Spirit Knight is as steadfast as he seems most days. I believe it may have come down to a mutual understanding between the two, actually. Perhaps they share the same lack of commitment~" That pointed finger became a casually-waving hand over Cador's head, all while he sauntered about the cell of Merlyn. She once again had interesting things to say. Cador took special interest in the mention of how much free time they had at present. "Is that so?" he asked, taking up the same side of the cell Merlyn herself occupied. "Well, well. If there is ample time here and now... you are a sorceress, correct? Evil, magical, manipulative being? It would no doubt help the situation involving your imprisonment, if you were to do a good deed such as... perhaps sparing me your lowly visage indeed, and recreating that demoness I dreamt of? She and I do have some unfinished business, and I would rather some pitiful prisoner not continue sullying my memories of the ordeal."

Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast